Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-04-16, 09:30   Link #2001
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Ying View Post
Which Sony is failing me with the PS3. Most of the anime games are still coming for the PS2...

Well, at least we've got Dinasty Warriors Gundam.
lol yea we do have Dynasty Warriors Gundam but oh the horror of this game

now I'm a huge Dynasty Warriors and Mecha fan but I was disappointed with DWG, I could never really bring myself to play it for very long.
Hell DW6 was pretty bad too, they did make some really nice changes there but some really big bad ones that made the game fail for me. Altho I do still play it, I'm a glutton for swatting through the swarms of cannon fodder

I'm hoping the 2nd DWG is good tho, does look better....if that actually means anything cause all DW games generally look the same
Old 2009-04-16, 09:33   Link #2002
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

DWG 2 is WAY better. In fact, don't even compare it with the first game. The first game is a beta.
Old 2009-04-16, 09:38   Link #2003
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Hmmm I don't follow this thread much, but it seems that you guys were talking about the PS3 price cut.

I heard the PS3 is going to have a price cut or already had one, is there any major loss in components and function, is it worth the price?

I ordered the Advent Children Complete with the FFXIII demo, it will be arriving soon and I'll need to get a PS3, so I'm thinking what PS3 to get.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 09:40   Link #2004
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
lol yea we do have Dynasty Warriors Gundam but oh the horror of this game

now I'm a huge Dynasty Warriors and Mecha fan but I was disappointed with DWG, I could never really bring myself to play it for very long.
Hell DW6 was pretty bad too, they did make some really nice changes there but some really big bad ones that made the game fail for me. Altho I do still play it, I'm a glutton for swatting through the swarms of cannon fodder

I'm hoping the 2nd DWG is good tho, does look better....if that actually means anything cause all DW games generally look the same
I know it's bad, but i like it. I didn't play DWG2 yet, but i hope that this one is... Well, not bad as the first. Without the Gundam, i would never play, but i'm a big gundam fan, so i play almost anything from the series(and yet, i didn't play that one that was out with the release of the PS3, i never found it either! But everyone says that was a godawful game)

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Hmmm I don't follow this thread much, but it seems that you guys were talking about the PS3 price cut.

I heard the PS3 is going to have a price cut or already had one, is there any major loss in components and function, is it worth the price?

I ordered the Advent Children Complete with the FFXIII demo, it will be arriving soon and I'll need to get a PS3, so I'm thinking what PS3 to get.
The question is: Do you care about backwards compatibility? If you care, you have to look for older models, if you don't, just buy the cheapest one you can get. You can change the HD for one with bigger memory later, so it's not that much of a problem and any version will play the movie and the game.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 09:52   Link #2005
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post

It's worth the price with the current price already. It's just that we saw someplace has the $50 off coupon in some of stores, so the rumor that PS3 is going to have a price drop arises.

Don't hold your breath, we don't know when will be the price drop. Once you get the PS3, and game like Valkyrja Chronicle, you'll feel your money is well spent.
Old 2009-04-16, 12:20   Link #2006
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
you really don't get it..., the 360 fans get shafted and really I could give a rats ass what console you have, my idea is that the gamer comes first and to say that these exclusives are unfair to those who purchased the game earlier, no matter how you look at it the gamer suffers... thats it, there is no arguement about it.
That's true, but this wouldn't have started if moneyhatting weren't involved in the first place.

When the first promotional video of ToV was shown, it specified that the console that it would released to hasn't yet been decided, leading some to believe that negotiations were taking place.

Later on, rumors were going around that it was going to be multi-platform after careful investigation of the homepage of ToV, in which it listed ToV as a game for both the PS3 and 360. Guess what? Namco Bandai later on "corrected" themselves and finally listed it as a 360 exclusive.

So... hindsight is 20-20? I guess we'll never know.

Obviously, MS doesn't mind buying timed exclusivity even if it means accepting the consequences of a possible late, enchanced port for their competition. They get the sales beforehand, and a boost in their profits. It works for them, and in a way it works for Sony too. For the fans who won't cry and whine about it, they get a chance to play the same game regardless of the console they have.

It sucks, but that's how the situation is right now. But still, this is nothing compared to the bullshit that is exclusive DLC. The best thing to do, is to toss away console loyalty and fanboy pride, and be a multi-platform gamer. Find a way to earn or save for that other console, because in a time when every console is more or less on an equal playing field, it's really worth it.

Last edited by kujoe; 2009-04-16 at 12:32.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 13:21   Link #2007
Nosauz

ugh thats my point, I don't get why fanboys get up in arms for their consoles when its the consoles that seriously screw us over. With out consoles all you would have would be devs fighting over our money which is the way it should work. I can understand if a developer chooses to only develop exculsively for the wii, ps3 or 360 but I can't stand money hats and how they fuck over the consumer. Any way I would be all for multiplatform gaming if consoles didn't cost a fucking small fortune, and really I'm not shilling 300 dollars for a shitty system that could possibly die on me any minute and has a known history of premature death due to cost cutting measures by the maker of said console

@dragoon... pst you know what renters vs movie goer is different, rarely do dvds contain video that is pertenant to the plot, but instead dvd extras usually contain commentary a variety of languages, and the occasional music video, if you think about what they added is basically what they did with prince of persia which was also a dick move by the developer, if your going to add something that is significant to the game and basically shaft one group of customers, than thats bad business, because I'll tell you right now, if another tales games drops on 360 i bet it won't be as well recieved especially when people think they might not be getting the whole game
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 13:57   Link #2008
Aka
Green Trees
*Artist

Quote:
ugh thats my point, I don't get why fanboys get up in arms for their consoles when its the consoles that seriously screw us over. With out consoles all you would have would be devs fighting over our money which is the way it should work. I can understand if a developer chooses to only develop exculsively for the wii, ps3 or 360 but I can't stand money hats and how they fuck over the consumer. Any way I would be all for multiplatform gaming if consoles didn't cost a fucking small fortune, and really I'm not shilling 300 dollars for a shitty system that could possibly die on me any minute and has a known history of premature death due to cost cutting measures by the maker of said console

@dragoon... pst you know what renters vs movie goer is different, rarely do dvds contain video that is pertenant to the plot, but instead dvd extras usually contain commentary a variety of languages, and the occasional music video, if you think about what they added is basically what they did with prince of persia which was also a dick move by the developer, if your going to add something that is significant to the game and basically shaft one group of customers, than thats bad business, because I'll tell you right now, if another tales games drops on 360 i bet it won't be as well recieved especially when people think they might not be getting the whole game
Welcome to life? Where you take risk and make difficult choices for yourself.

You know you should tell the world about this and why they should stop buying Disney movies on their 10th re-release with new content. =D
Old 2009-04-16, 14:50   Link #2009
Nosauz

ok... w/e it seems like a moot point to argue, because you know what it seems i'm the minority here, in the fact that I'm not a fanboy defending a console/platform. I mean its like half you people don't even read posts and just comment based on the first sentence. Anyway disenfranchise those that purchase your products I'm sure that's how you make money, but hey what do I know i'm just a lowly consumer.
Old 2009-04-16, 15:07   Link #2010
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I don't feel disenfranchised... does that mean I'm somehow not a lowly consumer?
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 18:11   Link #2011
5cm.per.second
SunnyEnvironmentGoneWrong

I have a backwards compatible ps3
All my ps2 games work on it except for my .Hack//G.U. demo that came with the collectors edition vol.1 of the series. The actual .Hack//G.U works though, weird.

Buying a ps3 and Valkyria Chronicles, and being able to download the Valkyria Chronicles anime as well as others like Kannagi, and anime osts has made it a worthwhile purchase. All I really want from Xbox360 is Splinter Cell: Conviction.
5cm.per.second is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 19:07   Link #2012
Nosauz

is ubisoft still making conviction? all I remember is that it had a cover on gfw like 2 years ago and there hasn't been a word on it. And when you think about the shitty ai in vegas 2... I hope their just fixing that mess.
Old 2009-04-16, 19:54   Link #2013
5cm.per.second

Conviction is suuuuuupposed to come out at any time within the next 10 months or so. I really like this series and I just hope it comes out sooner rather than later. I could play Chaos Theory for hours on end. When Conviction comes out I'll buy a Xbox360 that very day since that seems like an exclusive that'll stick. I just really wish if there was a new Dead.or.Alive game, that it would come out for ps3 also.
Old 2009-04-16, 19:57   Link #2014
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
is ubisoft still making conviction? all I remember is that it had a cover on gfw like 2 years ago and there hasn't been a word on it. And when you think about the shitty ai in vegas 2... I hope their just fixing that mess.
If you mean Splinter Cell Conviction, yes they're still making it. Its just been a long time coming and its honestly making me restless since I love Splinter Cell so much and I didn't really like Double Agent so the last "fun" time I've had with a Splinter Cell game was with Chaos Theory. I've replayed it many times while waiting in anticipation for this next game and darn it better not be delayed again.

The only word about its possible release date is that its sometime during Ubisoft's 2009-2010 fiscal year. So basically sometime from now until March 31, 2010.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5cm.per.second View Post
Conviction is suuuuuupposed to come out at any time within the next 10 months or so. I really like this series and I just hope it comes out sooner rather than later. I could play Chaos Theory for hours on end. When Conviction comes out I'll buy a Xbox360 that very day since that seems like an exclusive that'll stick. I just really wish if there was a new Dead.or.Alive game, that it would come out for ps3 also.
I'm hoping for a Dead or ALive on PS3 as well. I only have the original xbox so I'm stuck with Dead or ALive Ultimate and DOA3. THe onyl time I've played DOA4 was at my friends house a few times and its a bummer not owning one myself.

As for Conviction being an XBox 360 exclusive I'm a bit dissapointed as I won't be able to play it unless I buy a 360 which I'm not all that tempted to do, but if there is any game I'd buy it for it would be Splinter Cell. However I don't want to buy a system just for one or two games. Hopefully they make a port of it for the Playstation like they ahve done with previous SPlinter Cells.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 20:53   Link #2015
5cm.per.second

Yeah Dead.or.Alive/Ninja Gaiden creator said that Ninja Gaiden 2 was never going to be released on ps3, but he doesn't work there anymore and there will be a Ninja Gaiden 2 Sigma release, (with Ayane as a playable character XD!), so I'm hoping that when Dead.or.Alive 5 comes out, it'll be on both consoles.
Old 2009-04-16, 22:11   Link #2016
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

am I the only one that wants another DoA Extreme but for the PS3?

I could play DoA Extreme Beach Volleyball for hours, never really did get bored. The volleyball game was I thought prefectly balanced.
Altho Extreme 2 was not as good, as its said "they took the fun out of the game" and no matter how "bouncy" they were that wasn't enough to really enjoy the 2nd outing. I still play tho

oh how I wish it would come to the PS3
Old 2009-04-16, 22:19   Link #2017
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

I do hope for a new one as well, but not in the same way as Xtreme 2 was handled. I just couldn't get myself to like that game. If the Ninja Gaiden is a sign of things to come we could very well be looking at DOA on PS3 in the future.
Old 2009-04-16, 22:27   Link #2018
5cm.per.second

Yeah I'm hoping that Dead.or.Alive 5 will follow the path of Ninja Gaiden 2 Sigma. I hate the counter/reversal thing in Dead.or.Alive because of how it turns people into reactionary players, but it's still one of my favorite fighting games next Marvel.vs.Capcom2, and Naruto Clash of Ninja 4. Just port Dead.or.Alive over to ps3 with new "Flat Chest Unlockables!" or something like that and we're set. I don't know if err... "delicious flat chest" characters will work for most people's tastes though.
Old 2009-04-16, 22:50   Link #2019
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
"delicious flat chest" characters will work for most people's tastes though.
Probably not a good many, but more than you think.

The idea doesn't sound half bad. I think making an option more towards adjusting the size rather than a straight up "flat" or "well endowed" option.
Old 2009-04-16, 22:52   Link #2020
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Yeah I'm hoping that Dead.or.Alive 5 will follow the path of Ninja Gaiden 2 Sigma. I hate the counter/reversal thing in Dead.or.Alive because of how it turns people into reactionary players, but it's still one of my favorite fighting games next Marvel.vs.Capcom2, and Naruto Clash of Ninja 4. Just port Dead.or.Alive over to ps3 with new "Flat Chest Unlockables!" or something like that and we're set. I don't know if err... "delicious flat chest" characters will work for most people's tastes though.
Works for me. I don't care about the rest .

Tags
console, ps3, sony