AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-01-08, 15:06   Link #381
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Then you should have said so. The way you expressed seemed like you couldn't see it because it was incest (carrying the social negative aspect). And that was the reason why discussion started to begin with.
I did say so. "I just don't think the series has that kind of feel to it, but maybe that's just me." My exact words, and someone answered.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 16:19   Link #382
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
I did say so. "I just don't think the series has that kind of feel to it, but maybe that's just me." My exact words, and someone answered.
No your first sentence was implying that the problem lies in incest.

You should have just written "I don't see the author creating another love interest for Yuki."

When you wrote incest in instantly rose few eyebrows because in Japan cousin incest is not considered to be a taboo, thus it cannot be something that would create problem for author.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 17:52   Link #383
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
I don't think it is, at least in Japan. But that again depends on the provinces you are in, but as general - in Japan it is far much less culturally looked down upon than in western countries, so I really don't know where you have gotten such impression.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
No it's not, who told you this? My mother and her sister in law tried to get me to marry her daughter my cousin.
From a guy in Uni, he was an exchange student, maybe it depends on the region. He did say it's less extreme than in western countries, but the majority aren't really accepting about it, at least that is what I was told. It does seem to happen a lot though.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 18:56   Link #384
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

It's not exactly frowned upon, and it's something that doesn't happen often anymore. But a lot of the older generation still find it ok and feels that marrying within the "family" is more secure in terms of a more stable relationship and future since you know what you're marrying into rather than a stranger.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-10, 19:09   Link #385
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Ch.19

Spoiler:
Old 2010-01-10, 19:31   Link #386
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
Ch.19

Spoiler:
Spoiler for 19:

Last edited by Waven; 2010-01-11 at 07:32.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-10, 19:50   Link #387
KoroshiyaX
X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
Ch.19

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
KoroshiyaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-10, 19:58   Link #388
itachi29al

Spoiler for 19:
Old 2010-01-10, 23:18   Link #389
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi29al View Post
Spoiler for 19:
Spoiler:
Old 2010-01-11, 00:26   Link #390
MikiMata

Bwa ha ha, KLGChaos! Seriously, we can all just imagine what horrible thing is going to happen to Utsumi next. Maybe this can be a drinking game?
MikiMata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 02:14   Link #391
YUNERO

In east asia (At least for China & Japan). Marriage between cousins in mother side does not count as incest. Although it is discourage to do so. Take Chinese as example.

In Chinese, we call all cousins in father side as “堂”. While we call all cousins in mother side as “表”. Technically, we are considered as very closed blood related for all cousins in “堂” because we shared the same surname. That's why marriage between cousins in father side is considered as incest. As for cousins in "表“, it is consider as we have very far blood related with them because we are using the different surname. So technically we still can marry with the cousins that from the mother side. As I mentioned earlier, this is a very rare case, and we are discourage to do so. For marriage, it is better to find some one with no relationship with us at all.

Hope the above is clear and will end the author doing an incest crush arguments.
YUNERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 07:24   Link #392
scrumly1

I feel the need to point that a certain group with the intials rp have the chapter numbering wrong and this is actually 20. But yeah, This is getting really rough to read, but I've made through rougher. Here's hoping he breaks the streak of not catching a break if it was nailed to his hands
scrumly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 07:32   Link #393
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrumly1 View Post
I feel the need to point that a certain group with the intials rp have the chapter numbering wrong and this is actually 20. But yeah, This is getting really rough to read, but I've made through rougher. Here's hoping he breaks the streak of not catching a break if it was nailed to his hands
I'm starting to fear this is the author's style of writing and Utsumi barely gets any breaks at all for the whole running series. Believe me, I do hope I am wrong here.
Old 2010-01-11, 07:46   Link #394
Darknemo2000

He makes it rougher to himself, but even without his own ability to jump to conclusions its still pretty crappy life for him and it does not seem like it will be improving anytime soon.

If any guys of you want I can write a summary (can't promise the 100% accuracy since I sometimes tend to misinterpretate kanji but still better than nothing).
Old 2010-01-11, 08:08   Link #395
kanon78
Confederate

Quote:
He makes it rougher to himself, but even without his own ability to jump to conclusions its still pretty crappy life for him and it does not seem like it will be improving anytime soon.

If any guys of you want I can write a summary (can't promise the 100% accuracy since I sometimes tend to misinterpretate kanji but still better than nothing).
If you want to spoil us with a summary it would be very much appreciated.
Old 2010-01-11, 08:22   Link #396
Dark Mage

Quote:

Yes please! That would be really great
Old 2010-01-11, 10:08   Link #397
Darknemo2000

Then here we go.

Spoiler for Chapter 19:

As to speculations. I wonder if Risa is stuttering this much because she is crying or maybe she has problems in speaking (as in articulation) and that is the main reason she avoids talking to Utsu. Seems like its the later to me.

And Yuki is acting strange... Why did she ask to give her time when she used to reject all guys in an instant before...
Old 2010-01-11, 10:25   Link #398
Dark Mage

Quote:
Then here we go.

Spoiler for Chapter 19:

As to speculations. I wonder if Risa is stuttering this much because she is crying or maybe she has problems in speaking (as in articulation) and that is the main reason she avoids talking to Utsu. Seems like its the later to me.

And Yuki is acting strange... Why did she ask to give her time when she used to reject all guys in an instant before...

WoW! That was an awesome spoiler Darknemo2000, you did great. Infact that is the best translated spoiler I have come across, seeing how detailed it was. (I especially LoLd at the monkey part, he does indeed look like one).

However, I was one of the optimistic ones even when people kept saying Utsumi kept getting hit in the nuts, but now even I am turning into a pessimist and agreeing more and more that the mangaka needs to give Utsumi a break. I dont know why, but I like Risa, the part about the spilt oil was hilarious
Old 2010-01-11, 10:32   Link #399
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Then here we go.

Spoiler for Chapter 19:

Utsumi made Yuki believe in love again she said, so this may be a step forward for her since she is at least considering a new relationship (sad she doesn't consider it to be with Utsumi yet, but hey it's just more torture for him), Now she probably doesn't even like this nameless guy and sooner or later i expect her to reject him but due to Utsumi's efforts she is able to respect a person who gathers his courage to take the step of confessing. While this may seem as an act of pity i rather think it's her way of opening up.

on a side note, why do all these friends of the protagonist in shonen have to be total dicks one way or the other? countless examples come to my mind.
Old 2010-01-11, 10:47   Link #400
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Utsumi made Yuki believe in love again she said, so this may be a step forward for her since she is at least considering a new relationship (sad she doesn't consider it to be with Utsumi yet, but hey it's just more torture for him), Now she probably doesn't even like this nameless guy and sooner or later i expect her to reject him but due to Utsumi's efforts she is able to respect a person who gathers his courage to take the step of confessing. While this may seem as an act of pity i rather think it's her way of opening up.

on a side note, why do all these friends of the protagonist in shounen have to be total dicks one way or the other? countless examples come to my mind.
Just because you are opening up does not mean you should toy with others feelings. If she knows she will reject him she should not say 'Give me time" and just answer truthfully. If she says give me time she already starts to think about that guy and relationship with him seriously, unless you are saying that Yuki is one of those "I should date/kiss/have sex to see if I like you" types. Sort of experimenting.

Well one thing for sure, she does not feel any warmer feelings than friendship to Utsu and is more likely to consider other guys before him, because Utsu is friend-zoned and is nowhere in ten miles radius from her love parameter. Him trying to kill himself is quite realistic at this point too. A lot people start slicing their veins at a lot less and he still a teen, so likely to act like this.

Tags
being good sucks, drama, kento boss, romance, shoukento, shounen, slice of life, yukiumi