AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2009-06-26, 03:32   Link #121
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

I see some of the posters here still bashing MJ. Please respect the dead, molester, pedo or whatever we can't deny that that was bad true or not, but we can't also deny he gave us something good in music and other influences in the artist industry.

Gotta love the voice and dancing plus his performance.

Old 2009-06-26, 03:41   Link #122
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

That is...really sad.
This guy was one of the most talented people ever when it comes to show buisness. His dancing skill (he'll always be on the top, always the reference, he'll always be the one dancers will try to reach) and his songs...God, his songs. (well many of them at least)
And let's add to that he seemed/was really kind of a man.

I guess it's like a must, for awesome artists to die early. Elvis Prisley, Marilyon Monroe...Michael Jackson.

Ah well, he turned out as a muslim and I really hope this helped him, and he lets behind him more than his family and friends in sadness, I guess that is already that.

Rest in Peace Michael

(And lol at those still "hoo he molested children !" take a better look to those accusations, study your law basics, and come back later, with I hope, a better understanding of this joke.
+ this is a topic to mourn his death, not those baseless judgemnts. Respect that, at least. Maybe you don't care, but we do so...the door is on this side >)

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 03:55   Link #123
User91411
Disabled By Request

The people who bash MJ on this topic are just sad. FFS, it's too soon.

Anyways, this is tragic. One of my teachers told me that he died, and I was just shocked all day. Not saddened, but shocked. Especially since he's one of my favorite artists, I love his singing and dancing and his abilities to write catchy, fun and overall excellent pop songs showed in tracks like Billie Jean and Bad. RIP Michael Jackson, you legend.
User91411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 04:14   Link #124
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Frailty
he was my fave star when I was a kid...
though he died, his music will live on

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 04:37   Link #125
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Micheal Jackson was one of my music idols when i was a kid. I love everything that he did. His music, his dances & concert performances were top notch for my generation. He was a great man who's charity & kindness to the poor & helpless inspire many.

I sad to hear about his death after i just woke up from a phone call from my mother who told me what happen but i'm sadder to know the fact that some people, usually the younger ones are celebrating his death and only know him as the creepy looking pedophile.

I would like make things clear. Some of the people who accuses Micheal as some bad guy without proof are just the same as those who watch Fox News & never bother to check the facts to see if their newscasters misinterpret the facts. Despite the harsh accusation, he wasn't some creepy guy who wanted sleep with little boys, he was just a poor misunderstood grown up child performer who was force to grow up quickly by abusive father. His quirky personality was contributed for having a not normal childhood. I never believe the child molestations accusations since since these were made by people who wanted to take advantage of him especially his money. He just a great guy who wanted to help people but people took advantage of his kindness.

As for those who say his music stinks, let us be clear. Many of today famous artist like Justin Timberlake, Usher, Neyo, Nelly & etc were all influence by Micheal's music. Today's generation of musicians wouldn't have existed if wasn't for his music.

All and all, it's a sad for the world as we have lost one of the greatest music idols in history. Many of us will never forget of who he was and what he did to liven up our world.

REST IN PEACE TO THE KING OF POP.
Old 2009-06-26, 05:13   Link #126
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Well, I just feel sorry for his friends and family. The loss of someone close to you is never an easy experience, after all.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 06:05   Link #127
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Great legend indeed! RIP King of Pop!
Old 2009-06-26, 06:08   Link #128
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
The day one of the greatest Stars had its light extingusihed

Before I begin, I am well aware that not everyone is a fan of MJ.
I am well aware that while many love him, many hate him or simply don't care either way.
My opinions on the allegations surrounding the child molestation trials still remain the same when he was alive as he is dead now.

Was he insane?
Perhaps so.
Was he on a totally diff planet?
Most likely.
Did he have serious issues with 'growing up' in accordance with his actual age.
Most definitely.
Did he deliberately set out to hurt kids?
In my opinion, I don't believe he did when I was aged 9 and watched and followed the trials and as an adult looking back and re analysing everything, I don't believe it now.
Was he a musical genius?
Without a question of a doubt <3

I'll reserve my debate hat for later in the week should people try to initiate such a topic.
But for now while my heart is heavy and my tears remain unshed at present, I mourn for the weekend with the rest of the world and drop this note in respect for him:
__________________________________________________ ______________

An obituary is an attempt to give an account of the texture and significance of the life of someone who has recently died.

This is surely an attempt, but I will try nonetheless.
It’s ironic how within the last 7 days, I was lamenting over the upcoming London concerts of which I was going to miss cause I’m currently residing in Tokyo.
I had schemed with my friends the week that the tickets were to be released to find ways of being one of the first ones to get good seats before it sold out.
Sure enough they got them and I was jumping for joy, hoping to live through the experience through them while I was to be there in spirit.

Within 4 hours 750,000 tickets had been sold out.
After 12 long quiet years, the Star was to once again shine its brilliant light in our hearts one last time.
Only…
Death had other ideas and decided to cruelly put out this Star’s radiance before its final performance.
How can a race of humans on all continents eagerly waiting for the Star to shine, invigorated by occasional rays of his light as the first concert date drew closer suddenly deal with such a catastrophic train wreck of a sudden turn of events?
Plunged into darkness, shock, disbelief, horror, doubt, fear sinks in, renders us hopeless and totally vulnerable before grief takes over and cold, harsh reality is enforced day by day, minute by minute, second by second.

While waiting for official word, I hung onto that one frail piece of hope that was rapidly slipping through my fingers like fine grains of sand.
My closest friends offline eventually hit me up on my mobile while I was travelling to work.
By the time I reached, BBC had officially confirmed it.
There was no turning back…

Michael Jackson had well and truly died, his life on Earth was over.

I stuck on the BBC live video feed from the website and ran it with one headphone in my ear while I worked. The news repeated over and over and it sunk in time and time again.
I’ve had to suppress tears and the feeling of extreme vulnerability for 12 hours. Being at work helped, the day was busy and I work in a department of joy and laughter so it helped.
Now that I’m back home, I can only do what I can do when physically estranged from everyone close to me for support and feeling vulnerable.
I write.

The Man to me:
For the first 15 years of my life on Earth until he went into semi-retirement, Michael Jackson reinforced my belief in magic.
I am already a crazy fantasist who surrounds herself with magic, fantasy, spells, mystery and surrealism.
I’m never quite on Earth, I live in the clouds with the fairies with a string tied down to Earth should I need to be brought down to deal with “Life”.
I suspect Michael was the same, only… without the string perhaps.
He well and truly lived in the clouds but only not lived there; he shared and brought down that magic back to Earth, back to the rest of us through his music, videos and movies.

He blessed my soul with an invite into his world, into his fantasy, to be surrounded by his magic so that I would come out smiling, dancing and rejoicing during my childhood time and time again.
He showed me, alike J.K Rowling and Sandra Brown have, how it is possible to touch the hearts of human beings of all races, creed, culture, language and culture through your chosen art or craft and spread joy, warmth, pleasure and laughter to our fellow humans in a world that is cruel, cold, bitter and unmerciful.

So to hear the news of his all time final concert to be held in London in which me and the world were to experience the touch and bathe in the warm magic one last time over a decade of darkness, only to have the Star extinguished a mere 17 days before his first concert in London, a mere 17 days before he got the chance to shine on stage, without warning, without a “goodbye”, can only be described as well and truly tragic, if not just simply cruel.

“Death waits for no man.”
Truly treasure Today because there are no guarantees for Tomorrow.

RIP Michael Jackson (1958-2009)
May you charm the angels and all our dead loved ones with your magic.

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia

Last edited by Mystique; 2009-06-26 at 07:23.
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 06:22   Link #129
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

he was Good Singer and dancer ..RIP Michael
Old 2009-06-26, 06:26   Link #130
escimo
Paparazzi

@Dist (won't quote to save the mods some trouble since that post is quite surely going to be deleted)

The issue here is more about how things are said, not so much what was said. Jackson's death is definitely something that rises fairly strong emotions. At this kind of times fairly obvious flaming is not really the way to go. Not being allowed to voice ones opinions and requiring at least some level of politeness and consideration are very different things.
escimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 07:40   Link #131
BanishingBook

I agree with Mystique.

Free speech is responsible speech.

Not hastily posting what is inappropriate: "should you light a fire where mourners are weeping"? Of course not.

My two cents.
BanishingBook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 07:57   Link #132
AnimeTheme
MJ - Forever King of Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanishingBook View Post
I agree with Mystique.

Free speech is responsible speech.

Not hastily posting what is inappropriate: "should you light a fire where mourners are weeping"? Of course not.

My two cents.
I second that. To all MJ haters out there, at the very least, show some basic respect to a dead person.

Check out my Windows gadget gallery!

AnimeTheme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 08:02   Link #133
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

In all seriousness (bearing in mind I'm not a teenager, but a child of the 80's, as on poster said) I could honestly care less that he died, but I do find it distasteful to bash someone.

If you didn't like the guy, just shrug and go "ok good riddance" to yourself, but let those who cared have their vent if it helps them feel better/cope with it.

Sometimes it's hard watching your childhood icons, people whose music, movies, books, etc shaped your personality to some degree, pass away. It's like losing a part of who you are, not to mention facing your own mortality. Some of us're getting up there in age, and while we may have a long way left in us, seeing someone we literally grew up with pass away can be pretty daunting.

I'm all for free speech, but like with the Croc Hunter, whether you admired the person or thought they were an absolute schmuck, someone somewhere is mourning.

Give them that....

RIFT | Division | Side 7 Art Archive
cheyannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 09:48   Link #134
Lilith
Your average fangirl

RIP, Michael Jackson, the King of Pop... I'm sad he died early. I'm sad for his young children. But mostly, I'm sad because...
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyannew View Post
Sometimes it's hard watching your childhood icons, people whose music, movies, books, etc shaped your personality to some degree, pass away. It's like losing a part of who you are, not to mention facing your own mortality. Some of us're getting up there in age, and while we may have a long way left in us, seeing someone we literally grew up with pass away can be pretty daunting.
Feels like just yesterday when my older brother was imitating Smooth Criminal dances... "Gone too soon" from Dangerous is on loop now.
Old 2009-06-26, 10:00   Link #135
KimmyChan

My boyfriend's absolutely devastated by the news when he found out earlier on this morning

He stayed up til 3am this morning watching BBC News 24 as it all unfolded

He's been quite upset the whole day & is just not himself, it's pretty worrying

He grew up idolising & listening to Michael Jackson's songs ever since he was a little boy, and is/was a huge fan of him even now, and was also meant to be going to one of his concerts in August aswell

R.I.P Michael Jackson
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 10:05   Link #136
AnimeFangirl

I remember jumping off the table with a ruler in my hand on a regular basis, imitating the gang fight from 'Beat It.' My sibs and I all had our favorites, but Beat It was our universal Number One. More recently I remember the Steve Harvey radio show did a Michael Jackson special on New Year's Day. I listened to every second with rabid attention, couldn't even get out of the car when I got home.

He will be missed, but I think I've come to terms with it now. He's human. That's the way life goes. Btw, Mainichi Daily is reporting that 150,000 of his CDs have been sold in Japan since the news broke. Amazing.
Old 2009-06-26, 10:19   Link #137
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

RIP Michael Jackson, you will be missed by many millions of people x

Last edited by 4Tran; 2009-06-26 at 11:28.
Miko Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 10:28   Link #138
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

I believe that, to this day, someone somewhere out there is still trying to unlock the secrets of the Moonwalk. That, amongst many other things, is the gift that his existence has given to the rest of us.

Moonwalk to Heaven, King of Pop. You made part of our childhoods, and now you're taking it with you. You defined an age.

Last edited by 4Tran; 2009-06-26 at 11:28.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 10:38   Link #139
Secca
nya`
*Artist

The first time I saw Smooth Criminal video, I was trully captivated by it. I became a fan of his music and dance. I get every album he released. I watch every video he made. But at one point when his skin turning white, I was worried about the public oppinion and became afraid to openly admit being his fan anymore. I even avoid bringing him up in conversation anymore ever since his case on child molestation. But now it's finally sink in on me that he's really gone not coming back, deep down I just realized I really missed him... somewhere deep inside I stil love him.... He was my inspiration. Yet when he was suffering and being cornered by the media, as his fan I didn't do anything and avoid him. Right now I feel really sick of myself and really hated myself.

I'm really sorry, Mike.
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 10:48   Link #140
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyannew View Post

This is exactly how I felt when I watched the Pope, Pavarotti, Gygax and now M.J passing away (as far as the 2000s decade goes). You grew up with them as a part of your own frame of references and you witnessed and knew what they have brought to the world.
In the 1980s, my musical culture could be boiled down to M.J first, then Madonna, A-Ha, Queen (We will rock you, and Flash Gordon theme) and Tina Turner.

As far as the infamous scandals are concerned, I always believed he is innocent. I still do.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
music