Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-12-12, 11:59   Link #41
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
The manga started up again? I wasn't aware that it hadn't reached a conclusion.
Suzue Miuchi picked up the story again, and new manga chapters started running in BetsuHana magazine back in July. Here's the ANN story:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-betsuhana-mag
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 14:27   Link #42
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Ah. So I guess that means that we're not going to see the Crimson Goddess decided upon by episode 52 of this show... Ah well.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 16:02   Link #43
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Ah. So I guess that means that we're not going to see the Crimson Goddess decided upon by episode 52 of this show... Ah well.
Well, yes and no. Did you see the "Special Ending" of the live-action drama? The anime takes the Crimson Goddess storyline in that same general direction.
Old 2008-12-13, 04:45   Link #44
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Nope. I'm watching the 2005 series without any prejudice. I haven't even seen the '84 series. I'm a Glass Mask virgin and I'll watch its expression in other forms of media after I've seen this one through to completion. It's just so good that I don't want to be spoiled.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2008-12-13, 18:30   Link #45
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
...Hopefully if they make more Glass Mask, they will just pick up at episode 53 of this series since it would be so redundant to go back to the beginning for a third time when it was done so amazingly well this time.
Agreed. The acting battles between Maya (Kobayashi Sanae) and Ayumi (Yajima Akiko) are so good they seem impossible to beat. Those two help raise this show to a very high level.

I didn't realize the manga had started up again. I'll have to look for it. Thanks, BBOvenGuy.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 22:05   Link #46
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Word on the street is that Episode 40 was released as a Christmas present today. Of course, I would have no idea where to find such a thing, and would certainly never disclose that information on this board...

I think Episode 40 is the first one with the fourth ED, too.

Ep 41 is in the pipeline too, but the bozo who edits the translation has been sitting on it for a couple of weeks. I'll have to have a word with him and see if he can move it along...
Old 2008-12-26, 01:01   Link #47
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

That's a very nice rumor indeed.

Old 2009-02-20, 18:42   Link #48
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Word on the street update - as always, from completely anonymous sources. I have no idea where this comes from.

Episode 41 was released at New Year's. Eps 42 and 43 are now in the hands of the editor. I think the same translator who did 41 through 43 is on board to do 44 and 45, and someone else has been lined up to do 46 through 51.

The end is in sight.
Old 2009-07-18, 15:52   Link #49
eris_sama

Saw the 2005 version up to ep 47 and most of the LA series so far. In the LA Maya has a half-brother and he's not in the anime. Anyone knows if he's in the manga?
eris_sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-18, 16:35   Link #50
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by eris_sama View Post
Saw the 2005 version up to ep 47 and most of the LA series so far. In the LA Maya has a half-brother and he's not in the anime. Anyone knows if he's in the manga?
He is not. The half-brother is a creation of the drama writers.

Crunchyroll has licensed this series now, and I expect they'll finish it before anyone else does. However, their stuff is only available in the US, so I imagine someone else will still do it for the rest of the English-speaking world.
Old 2009-07-18, 23:39   Link #51
eris_sama

I've been watching the anime on crunchyroll. I don't like "Scarlet Angel" as much as "Crimson Goddess" since angel is a Christian element. But then again I notice the Chinese characters are just Red Sky Woman,lol. The brother element seemed forced and I could tell he was added to torture Maya some more. Well, at least they made Shiori more interesting.
Old 2009-07-19, 08:09   Link #52
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Personally, I think it's very fitting for Katsuki Masako to return as Utako for this version. The "old" Maya teaching the "new".
Old 2009-07-19, 11:24   Link #53
eris_sama

The LA does do a good job on focusing on the main characters and getting rid of extraneous minor characters, giving more time to Ayumi and her mom. I especially like how Masumi is portrayed in the LA and director Kuronuma is great.
Old 2009-11-17, 13:34   Link #54
idont

just started on this since someone on bakabt uploaded the complete series with subs but since it's on crunchyroll shouldn't this be in the fansubbed section like the rest of the CR series.

Last edited by idont; 2009-11-17 at 13:46.
idont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 15:42   Link #55
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

The series has been officially licensed, too. The first DVDs are due out in January.
Old 2010-06-12, 17:44   Link #56
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I watched this when it was coming out, and now I have just watched the first four episodes again. How powerful! What a terrific show, melodramatic as it sometimes is. I see and appreciate things I never really noticed the first time around.

Kobayashi Sanae does so well as Maya, and so does Yajima Akiko as Ayumi. What a bewitching voice she has, when she is not being Crayon Shin-chan.

"Scarlet Angel" is indeed rather off-putting, but I can accept it. A Tennyou ("heaven woman") is a kind of demi-goddess in Far Eastern mythology. As Wikipedia says, they seem to be derived from the Indian Buddhist apsaras, which are more like nymphs than angels or goddesses. They are portrayed, however, in a similar ways to how Western art portrays angels, in heavenly park-like settings, sometimes flying around.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2010-06-13 at 10:42.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 02:48   Link #57
tyciol
*Artist

So guys, I know the 50 ep 2005 series is licensed but the tracker for the 1984 23 ep anime doesn't say this: http://animesuki.com/series.php/439.html

It doesn't have a forum like this so I am wondering if this forum thread could now be used to discuss the classic anime?

Since there is a tracker is makes me think perhaps at some point someone subbed it but we lost track of the fansub? Does anyone know?

I am interested in watching the classic since if I like it maybe I will buy the 2005.
tyciol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 12:45   Link #58
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

The 1984 anime was subbed, because I've watched it. I can't remember where I got it from, though.

One of the interesting bits of trivia from the 1984 anime is that the actress who did Maya's voice returned in the 2005 series to play Ayumi's mother.

On the whole, though, the 1984 series is pretty inferior. Also, it only takes the story through the Miracle Worker arc, and then stops.