Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-04-30, 07:46   Link #6441
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Despite Malaysia's less-than-favourable economic landscape at the moment, it's still unfathomable that this is the kind of home they're renting. 19,000 USD a month, and another 20,000USD for their internet ( which I presume is a business-class internet, because shitmax broadband in my country in SHIT ). The location they're getting is pretty much amongst the top-end in Kuala Lumpur.

I mean, FXOpen could spend 90% less on everything and they could still easily get themselves a decent sized semi-detached home in Kuala Lumpur. USD 2000,3000 are more than sufficient to set up a very good living environment, but their dedication into giving FXO players this kind of set-up is down right... fucking awesome.

Yes, overall, it's true that Malaysian cost of living are lower, a very diverse food and culture that will sit comfortably with many people, and Air Asia has some of the best rates for flights to many locations... but FXOpen didn't have to invest this much if it was just a 'let's start up a Korean-ish ProHouse" but they did.

Props to FXOpen. If I ever get my job at HSBC or UOB running, I know which Forex company I'll be pushing for in my banking life.
2009 was a Forex-happy year and brokerages are earning like no tomorrow. Even up till now, they still have tons of credit in their hands with wide margins and many-times-over leverages.

If the Forex market does crash (there would be a possibility if Dr Breen doesn't STOP PRINTING GODDAMN USD), that house would be worth less than 1000 ringgit. Good mind to buy it up and turn it into a haunted house by then.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 11:28   Link #6442
Alaya
Counter Force

Well from what I read, the house is actually owned by FXO's owner or the company itself. So that's mean the company rent the house to the team, which should be cheap naturally.

Edit: Well the rent is still excess 10k (I assume it is per year but could still be per month) USD.

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Alaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-01, 13:07   Link #6443
zRyuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompa loompa View Post
So uh.. any spanishiwa fans out there? I was mid gold, started using the Ice Fisher, got promoted straight to rank 5 platinum.. think i was 25-12.

I know its going to be figured out real soon, but dammmnn is it fun to use. (As long as you don't mind longer macro games). Any zergies (or T/P) have any thoughts on the ice fisher?
The fastest games I have seen from Spanishiwa last around 10-15min, and he still manages to outmacro/micro his opponent with some high tech like Broodlords that early in the game. Every move he does makes sense, and he rarely misses something important.. even the little things like burrowing a zerling below a Terran's CC or building a Evolution Chamber inside a enemy's base to piss him off.
zRyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 04:14   Link #6444
Kyuu
=^^=

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/1...ss-the-bio-lab

After I died - and some random team mate - I was seconds away from leaving the game.

1v3 for the LULZ
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 06:49   Link #6445
521JI

1v3ed three bronze kids and i won rofl mech build with scv repiar saves the day

no quittin teammtes just good ol 1v3
Old 2011-05-06, 00:46   Link #6446
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

I'm confused so I hope someone here can answer my question. Cruncher "sniped" Idra which led to him bming Cruncher. What does sniping mean?
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-06, 00:54   Link #6447
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
I'm confused so I hope someone here can answer my question. Cruncher "sniped" Idra which led to him bming Cruncher. What does sniping mean?
Killing something without much cost to you. Very much applicable to killing something that's running away from you too.
Old 2011-05-06, 01:00   Link #6448
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Man, it's really frustrating that a probe will often come in and try to buttsecks my builder scv. Sometimes I can sic another scv on him and he still manages to kill my building scv. What to do?? :/

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-06, 01:20   Link #6449
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Killing something without much cost to you. Very much applicable to killing something that's running away from you too.
What did Cruncher do exactly?
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-06, 02:28   Link #6450
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

lol epic move at the end.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-05-06, 04:20   Link #6451
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
So I decided to stop being a fag and actually upload replays.

So atm on TeamLiquid, TvP mass thor/hellion is all the rage atm (Thanks to Thorzain). Unless you allow the Protoss to tech to mass carriers (which should ideally never happen), this Terran mech deathball > Protoss deathball. I know, I thought this was a joke of a build too ... until I actually tried it out and bam... I won about 5 games in succession against Protoss very very easily. In fact, blizzard is nerfing thors next patch by giving it back energy (so it can be feedbacked), which at first I thought was a joke but I know why.

1st game: Protoss Nexus First and then tries to DT harass me which fails because I have turrets everywhere. Nonetheless, protoss was about 30-40% ahead in workers throughout the whole game due to the Nexus First.
http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/1...darim-altar-le

2nd game: Both me and the Protoss FE, he tries to attack my natural but it get thwarted very convincingly and I then completely destroy him after.

Both times I went 1 rax FE into eventually mass thor/hellion with dual armory, pushing out when I have +2/+1 (Thank's Flash, I'm using your upgrade strat in a completely different game and it works amazingly).

Not sure what protoss is supposed to do, but I'm thinking he either 3gate blink/4gate all-ins or just get a really early 3rd and outexpand the Terran. But if I suspect a 1-base all in, I'll just play 'standard' bio and bunker as neccesary. If protoss goes the expand route, Terran can use blue flame hellions to harass the expos. What do fellow starcraftees think? Is this overpowered or has Protoss players failed to develop a metagame counter for this composition? Or is this a noob strat that only works in high diamond?

EDIT: Contrary to popular belief, once thors have strike cannons, they own immortals and collosi and although initially void rays are cost effective against thors, later on thors become better against void rays due to splash and upgrades (protoss needs to spend on both ground and air upgrades).

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2011-05-06 at 04:32.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-06, 05:03   Link #6452
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
What did Cruncher do exactly?
I didn't watch the game. So, I can't answer that.
Old 2011-05-06, 06:23   Link #6453
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by acejem View Post
So I decided to stop being a fag and actually upload replays.

So atm on TeamLiquid, TvP mass thor/hellion is all the rage atm (Thanks to Thorzain). Unless you allow the Protoss to tech to mass carriers (which should ideally never happen), this Terran mech deathball > Protoss deathball. I know, I thought this was a joke of a build too ... until I actually tried it out and bam... I won about 5 games in succession against Protoss very very easily. In fact, blizzard is nerfing thors next patch by giving it back energy (so it can be feedbacked), which at first I thought was a joke but I know why.

1st game: Protoss Nexus First and then tries to DT harass me which fails because I have turrets everywhere. Nonetheless, protoss was about 30-40% ahead in workers throughout the whole game due to the Nexus First.

2nd game: Both me and the Protoss FE, he tries to attack my natural but it get thwarted very convincingly and I then completely destroy him after.

Both times I went 1 rax FE into eventually mass thor/hellion with dual armory, pushing out when I have +2/+1 (Thank's Flash, I'm using your upgrade strat in a completely different game and it works amazingly).

Not sure what protoss is supposed to do, but I'm thinking he either 3gate blink/4gate all-ins or just get a really early 3rd and outexpand the Terran. But if I suspect a 1-base all in, I'll just play 'standard' bio and bunker as neccesary. If protoss goes the expand route, Terran can use blue flame hellions to harass the expos. What do fellow starcraftees think? Is this overpowered or has Protoss players failed to develop a metagame counter for this composition? Or is this a noob strat that only works in high diamond?

EDIT: Contrary to popular belief, once thors have strike cannons, they own immortals and collosi and although initially void rays are cost effective against thors, later on thors become better against void rays due to splash and upgrades (protoss needs to spend on both ground and air upgrades).
Well played. There's no doubt this is a solid strategy, but it's not invincible. I think feedbacking thors should be possible.

"Wtf can i do?" They ask. Well, since I'm a hater that doesn't even play 1v1 I'm gonna offer my own opinion anyways even if I can't do any better myself.

-- Both players didn't lose to the strat as they lost to their own macro and scouting.
1st game's P floated 1500+ minerals constantly and tons of gas(he could have afforded another entire robo), 2nd P was better but he didn't build that many probes.

-- For some reason they both decided to suicide into your base without really looking. It must be because Terrans are normally easy to kill.

-- Both expanded 20 years too late. Due to the incredible power of teh thor, Protoss can't kill you without an economic advantage. But it's not like you were using the helions to pressure them; they could have used their banked minerals to expand to least 1-2 more base. At the very least, since you fast expanded, they could be more free to expand. Or, They could have spent all that on those dreaded carriers.

Now some will say. "But Archon, you idiot, you're watching the replay. They don't have maphack" Well, observers= maphack for the price of some gas.

--Blizzard will probably balance by removing the thor.
Ok, not really, but excessive nerfs is the way they roll.

I would imagine this build is vulnerable to blink stalker annoyance or early void rays before your thor comes out. It's also harder on the more wide open maps.

Or Protoss will give up and proxy gate you every game. Oh wait, nothing's changed since 1998 has it?

MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2011-05-06 at 07:04.
Old 2011-05-06, 12:51   Link #6454
Pocari_Sweat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Well played. There's no doubt this is a solid strategy, but it's not invincible. I think feedbacking thors should be possible.
They removed thor energy about 2 patches ago, so you can't feedback them. Also the 250mm cannon ability is a cooldown ability and you can use it straight away as soon as the thor is produced instead of waiting for the energy, which previously took forever. Next patch, they are reverting back the change. Herp derp.

Quote:
-- Both players didn't lose to the strat as they lost to their own macro and scouting.
1st game's P floated 1500+ minerals constantly and tons of gas(he could have afforded another entire robo), 2nd P was better but he didn't build that many probes.
I did notice that as well when watching the replays, but I'm not sure if it would have made a difference because I still had like 50% of my army alive after major engagements, which is pretty damn ridiculous.

Quote:
-- For some reason they both decided to suicide into your base without really looking. It must be because Terrans are normally easy to kill.
That is true... and I lol'd when they both failed.

Quote:
-- Both expanded 20 years too late. Due to the incredible power of teh thor, Protoss can't kill you without an economic advantage. But it's not like you were using the helions to pressure them; they could have used their banked minerals to expand to least 1-2 more base. At the very least, since you fast expanded, they could be more free to expand. Or, They could have spent all that on those dreaded carriers.
1st game, they expanded -relatively- fast, but agreed that the 2nd player was way too slow. Hellion harass will be something I will be working with since I'm new to the build and been focusing most of my apm on macro, which I did a decent job of I think. Though I do think hellion harass would only be effective once opponent's take 3rds or I use drops which uses precious gas. As for carriers, I don't think it'll work, because if I scout he is skimping on units to quick tech to carriers, as Day9 will say, "I'll just go f#@#ing kill him". You also need at the very least 3 bases to support carriers, preferably 4.

Quote:
Now some will say. "But Archon, you idiot, you're watching the replay. They don't have maphack" Well, observers= maphack for the price of some gas.
Angry protoss players would argue that scan is free, although it does have an opportunity cost of about 270 minerals .

Quote:
--Blizzard will probably balance by removing the thor.
Ok, not really, but excessive nerfs is the way they roll.
They are already nerfing it next patch . Funny how Protoss "Deathball Mechanic" (namely Collosus and Forcefields) -still- hasn't been fixed yet, and the mass hellion/thor strat is very new and they are already thinking about nerfing it. Go figure. It must "seem" really overpowered...

Quote:
I would imagine this build is vulnerable to blink stalker annoyance or early void rays before your thor comes out. It's also harder on the more wide open maps.
I figured this composition won't be viable if Terran scouts/suspects a 3 gate blink stalker build or 4gate. In that case, Terran should bunker and go bio and if T holds, T wins anyway. I'm usually good at scouting expansion timings so I usually know when a 4gate/3gate blink or some 1base all-in is coming.

I almost always 1 rax FE in the matchup unless if I scout cheese. In the case of open maps I build my CC in base and leave it there and use it purely for mules and building SCVs until stim is researched, which is where my first set of 100 gas goes into.

Quote:
Or Protoss will give up and proxy gate you every game. Oh wait, nothing's changed since 1998 has it?
Cheese fuuu- . However, Terran are probably the most resilient race when it comes to cheese. Able to repair walls, t1 range unit, liftoff and bunkers make it relatively easy to hold cheese. Funny enough, I would say protoss is the race that is the hardest to hold cheese. In fact, on 4 player maps, if you scout the zerg last and he 6 pools, it's almost automatically a loss.

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2011-05-06 at 13:04.
Old 2011-05-06, 13:12   Link #6455
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Wanna bet I can tear your strategy apart?
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-06, 13:15   Link #6456
Pocari_Sweat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Wanna bet I can tear your strategy apart?
Sure. It isn't my strat by the way, it's Thorzains. And so many Protosses are crying about it on Teamliquid...

EDIT: I'll play in about 8hours time though as its 2am for me atm and will be going to bed soon.
Old 2011-05-06, 13:25   Link #6457
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Sure. It isn't my strat by the way, it's Thorzains. And so many Protosses are crying about it on Teamliquid...

EDIT: I'll play in about 8hours time though as its 2am for me atm and will be going to bed soon.
Sounds good. I'll contemplate ways to beat it by then.
Old 2011-05-06, 15:28   Link #6458
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Cheese fuuu- . However, Terran are probably the most resilient race when it comes to cheese. Able to repair walls, t1 range unit, liftoff and bunkers make it relatively easy to hold cheese. Funny enough, I would say protoss is the race that is the hardest to hold cheese. In fact, on 4 player maps, if you scout the zerg last and he 6 pools, it's almost automatically a loss.
Oh, how I managed to develop a phobia for lings..

By which, I either:

a) Have a zealot right in my mineral line
b) If there is more than one enemy zerg, I start with forge and put 2-3 cannons, while I tightly build other buildings around them
Old 2011-05-06, 15:58   Link #6459
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Didn't they remove the energy from Thors because no one was using them except against Mutas, with Terrans favoring tanks instead?

Though fast BC is always fun to watch.

(Never finished by placement games...haven't won once yet verse a human).
Old 2011-05-06, 16:03   Link #6460
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Didn't they remove the energy from Thors because no one was using them except against Mutas, with Terrans favoring tanks instead?

Though fast BC is always fun to watch.

(Never finished by placement games...haven't won once yet verse a human).
Well they removed the energy so more people would use them. As it was, HT's utterly raped them.

If they add back the energy, now it's just going to make them shit again lol. Oh well...

Tags
blizzard, starcraft, windows