Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-05-09, 15:48   Link #21
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I don't think Dragon Nest uses P2P connection, so I think out of NA people will probably be fine.
Oh and forgot, for some games it has nothing to do with technical limitations (such as lag) but is just a licensing issue. Basically the distributer only buys the rights to north america so he is forced to region lock it. However, when that’s the case the region lock is usually fairly flimsy and not that enforced; if they even implement a region lock.
Old 2011-05-09, 15:59   Link #22
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Did you use an 8+ digit PW? Anyways, I signed up, but can't find a DL link. I've never been in time for a closed beta, do they send it over mail?
How do you expect to find a DL link for something that's not even released yet ? You sign up for beta, you get email if you were picked. If you don't get email, you weren't picked. I think they're looking for people who can run the game properly so that Closed Beta won't be just about playing the game to see if it's good. The main reason is obviously to participate and report any bugs and issues you find.
If your computer can't even run the game then you won't get invited. Although make sure any emails from Nexon won't go to the spam folder. When I got picked for LT CB when it was released for OGP, I totally missed it because I never got an email indicating that I was picked. Probably had gone to my spam or something.

The game looks quite heavy when you look at graphics and the action so I'm worried my PC is not enough to play this game currently D:. I have Phenom II X4 3.0ghz, 4GB 1333mhz ram and Nvidia GTX 260 .. Does anyone know the system requirements for this game ?
Old 2011-05-09, 16:07   Link #23
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Does anyone know the system requirements for this game ?
Requirements aren't so harsh...
Minimum

CPU: Pentium 4 2.4Ghz
RAM: 512MB
GeForce FX5600
3GB of free hard drive space

Recommended

CPU: Dual-Core CPU
RAM: 1GB
GeForce 7600 or higher
Over 4GB of free hard drive space

Quote:
How do you expect to find a DL link for something that's not even released yet ?
First time for everything~

P.S: Really not a fan of NEXON...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-09, 16:11   Link #24
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Apparently you won't know if you're accepted until Close Beta starts, which is June.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-09, 17:27   Link #25
Dist

Well those requirements .. Scrap them. Since it's a MMO, I think the recommended can be considered as a minimum. Adding few hundred players onto same area adds quite amount of lag you know D:. Plus just looking at those intense battles on Youtube ... I can't just imagine for it to be smooth with what recommended specs.

Well I guess time will only tell .. I hope I get into the CB and if I don't, I hope they will have events where you can earn keys through some sites like MMO's usually do, most notably with mmosite.com
Old 2011-05-09, 18:02   Link #26
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Well those requirements .. Scrap them. Since it's a MMO, I think the recommended can be considered as a minimum. Adding few hundred players onto same area adds quite amount of lag you know D:. Plus just looking at those intense battles on Youtube ... I can't just imagine for it to be smooth with what recommended specs.

Well I guess time will only tell .. I hope I get into the CB and if I don't, I hope they will have events where you can earn keys through some sites like MMO's usually do, most notably with mmosite.com
Quite true... I could already imagine the floods of lowbies running around cluttering the screen already
Old 2011-05-09, 18:17   Link #27
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Market systems are most important imo. So far only Dragonica has had a good shop option (put up to 5 items on sale, search function included, you can play while selling as long as you're logged in). All the rest involve turning your character into a shop, with a huge label over your head, praying you can sell your stuff among the other 400 shops sitting right next to you aaall the way to the monster spawning grounds!
As a reference, worst market was the Maplestory one, where you had to buy a 1-month shop license from the cash shop (~3€ for a normal one, size depending on price), and every search cost one cash shop item, for 700 NEXON cash (70 cents) each. So, what do you think we'll be seeing here?
Old 2011-05-09, 18:39   Link #28
Dist

Well Dragonica's system was clearly better than some of the other games has but it's still full of fail. There DO exist games with market system where you can leave up to 10-20 items and log off. Can't name many as I haven't even played too many MMO's but from most recent ones .. Atlantica Online and Aion. The thing I hate most about games where you have to set up a shop is the fact that it's pain in the ass to find anything to buy so either : You won't find stuff you want to buy in time, or people won't find your stuff to buy. The second thing is that if it's 3D game with hundreds of shops in the same map, it will cause MASSIVE lag .. Even if the game itself plays good just wait till you get to the shopping area .. ugh. Elsword's marketing system was at least improved version where even though you had to set up shops, you could search through the shops through a bulletin board. Though I think buying from bulletin board meant you had to pay 6% extra or something which makes no sense.

I don't know what kind of market system DN has though .. It's made in 2010 though so it's rather new unlike some other games that got only localized recently ( such as Elsword ) so you'd imagine the market system is better .. If anyone has played the Korean version .. some insight on Marketing please ?

On another note .. I'm not fan of Nexon either. I realized it just now .. When I was playing Atlantica, what originally drove me to quit was the fact that the economy was awful. Everything cost hundreds of millions and only way to make such cash was to sell cash shop items. There weren't any super duper drops from bosses .. You could + them to +10 though but that required cash shop items .. And the cash shop itself was awful. Lets say you wanted to buy a mount. You would have to buy a box that costs $10. Inside the box would be a mount among at least 9 other things. The chance to get a mount or anything else was 10% ... So basically you could spend even $200 and get no mount. While there were fortunately no weapons in the cash shop, the mounts gave stat boosts so great that they could be considered as weapons .. All the cash shop items for anything special like this ( accessories etc. which also gave insane stat boosts ) were with the damned boxes. The only nonbox items were items like '' teleporting license '', various potions and stuff.
Old 2011-05-09, 18:54   Link #29
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

It seems like fun. Too bad it's closed beta. I think I'll just wait for an open beta or something.

Also, everyone's horror stories about Nexon are scaring me about this game. I hope it isn't so bad that you can't do anything notable without paying.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-09, 19:08   Link #30
Dist

It's not Closed Beta yet either. Sign up and see if you get into the CB when it launches. The only thing I hate about CB's is that if it ends up being a good game I might spend a lot of time in it and then suddenly CB ends and it's good bye to my characters .. I'm mostly just waiting to get in to see if it can run properly on my computer - if not and it's good game, then perhaps it's time to upgrade.

And hmm about Nexon .. Well the economy thing is what I'm afraid of if the cash shop is anything like Atlantica. Though the games are developed by different companies so the cash shop may end up being different kind .. I don't really know how the item malls generally work though, do the companies that buy licenses to them develop the item mall or is the item mall made by the game developers ? Another thing is the fact that if item mall gives advantage in game ( such as mounts that add +10k hp -_- ) it will give players great disadvantage when it comes to PVP which is really unfair if PvP is big part of the game. Fortunately for me I don't pvp but it'll probably annoy me regardless because then I feel like I have to buy them and I'll end up doing so <_<.
Old 2011-05-09, 20:19   Link #31
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I just looked up a little on on the cash shop items, the majority of the cash shop items are basically like Dragonica's. Where it's costumes, Experience boosters, Special HP/MP pots, upgrade insurances. Basically things you can live without.
Old 2011-05-09, 20:45   Link #32
Dist

^The only sad part about that is that if it's like Dragonica, you won't be getting +16 weapon EVER without cash shop items. Best weapons on Dragonica are BoE too so you can't buy one at +16. I mean seriously .. have you tried to get weapon even to +5 in Dragonica ? +1 => +4 when it fails nothing happens. +4 => +5 if fail, resets back to +0. From +6 onwards it can break or reset to +0, and it FAILS ALOT. So much that even if you had unlimited gold supply it would be more likely for it to break 999 times than you to get it to +16 because that would require 12 succeeded upgrades in row from +4 since fail => +0.

That wouldn't be a problem if one insurance scroll didn't cost $1 which is consumed on use. Emphasis on '' fails alot '' and you'll know that it could take even $200 to get weapon to it's maximum enchant D:

With all that said .. LaTale has to have the best fashion shop I've seen so far in F2P games. The recent fashion with stats I'm not happy with but at least the stat boosts aren't ridiculous and PVP is balanced .. well somewhat anyway.
Old 2011-05-09, 21:07   Link #33
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Well considering the gameplay style of this game, I don't think enchants are gonna matter much. Its more dependent on how well you control your characters rather than how uber your gear is.
Old 2011-05-10, 02:00   Link #34
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Ah yes, the weapon enhancements...I don't think you ever really neeeed a +16 weapon in Dragonica, but compare this to Maplestory, when NEXON released Pink bean (a super-boss with 7 billion HP), they raised the damage cap from 200k to 1mil and released fail-safe upgrade items (which used to be CS-only) as monster drops, and items that increase the times an item can be upgraded (up to 2 more times, CS-only). On the topic of godly items, you can always spend a fortune or two to buy one if you really want it, but it takes some research to find out how the items got there in the first place (hackers or just good merchants), and merching for months can seriously change your view on the game.
Quote:
Its more dependent on how well you control your characters rather than how uber your gear is.
This makes me very curious as to how lag affects the game, compared to others...
Old 2011-05-10, 03:36   Link #35
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
This makes me very curious as to how lag affects the game, compared to others...
If you have played Vindictus, or C9, then you would know the lag effects gameplay the most.
Old 2011-05-10, 06:46   Link #36
521JI

oh i played the chinese version, u can get a english patch. yes they released it but hte grammars a bit choppy but its understandable and i dled a japense voice pack so it sounded more epic . try it, its very fun and teh lag aint that bad, teh only bad thing is the fucking op paladins. trust me nothing can beat it except for a blademaster or good close combat unit.
Old 2011-05-10, 08:40   Link #37
Dist

Or we could just wait few months and play official english release of the game with a cash shop that we can use too <.<

Kafriel : Like I said, in Dragonica, and some other games, the best weapons worth of enchanting in the first place were BoP. That is, Bind on Pickup. You can't trade something that is soul bound. ( Yes I know, I said BoE earlier, was a typo ). And even if you don't *NEED* +16 weapon, of course I want one for looking cool and I love flashy effects and stuff that come off from your gear when it's enchanted. I don't think the cash shop should be so that you gotta spend $200 for +16 weapon even though you *CAN* do just fine without +16 weapon.

And the lag .. Have you watched any gameplay videos ? It's like Elsword in a way .. Action '' Arcade '' MMO. Well it's in 3D so I don't know if you can call it Arcade but the way you control your character is important .. Finally a game where you can avoid the attacks if your skills are good enough. Dragonica was a bit like that too, though it clearly was broken since the monster attacks sometimes hit you even though you clearly weren't linearly in front of the monster. Probably caused by lag though, which will happen in DN too ... Lag and you're dead.
Old 2011-05-10, 10:35   Link #38
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Finally a game where you can avoid the attacks if your skills are good enough.
Let me introduce you to Continent of the Ninth.
Old 2011-05-10, 10:50   Link #39
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

All I have to say is THANK GOD Dragon nest isn't a P2P game like Vindictus, I enjoy Vin but the P2P networking is so archaic and laggy if the host has a terrible computer/internet.

Anyway, Action MMOs are the new wave they're simply taking over the age-old point and clicks. Blade and Soul and TERA is others to keep an eye out for.
Old 2011-05-10, 11:32   Link #40
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Have you watched any gameplay videos ?
For DN, yes, not for Elsword or Vindictus though. Gonna check it out later...
Quote:
I said BoE earlier, was a typo
I was wondering about that^^ Some games got CS items to even break that rule though, and make them available for one trade.
Quote:
teh only bad thing is the fucking op paladins.
Lol everybody hates pallies, ever since their debut as the infamous hammerdins of Diablo It was my primary choice too, but mercenary looks fun as well.