Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2023-11-25, 04:52   Link #81
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
That's why people are finding the scene with her crying about not being able to give her firsts funny
Because people are totally right with every first take and don't have any regrets ever. If you don't regret anything in life, you haven't lived or taken any risks.
Old 2023-11-27, 00:01   Link #82
Alchemist007
*Author

I mean a lot of people would learn a lesson from that happening after once or twice, but she just kept going?
Old 2023-11-27, 02:26   Link #83
Lex79

She probably thought she had to keep trying until she finds her special person. Luckily for her, that's what happened in episode 1.
Old 2023-11-27, 09:26   Link #84
scififan

Their interest is so different. After some misunderstanding, it is actually miracle that they are not breaking up yet. He decides to study hard for her and rejects her asking to spend time together. It could be another misunderstanding coming up.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-27, 11:20   Link #85
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
I mean a lot of people would learn a lesson from that happening after once or twice, but she just kept going?
You'd be surprised...my friends, both male and female, could shoot that to pieces based on people they've encountered...

The fact her parents fell in love young and married young probably plays into this from Runa's specific perspective. It's probably playing into her attempts to befriend Maria. Runa sees the best in people and thinks that people can get along through honesty. She didn't see sex as something that should be done with restraint/only with someone who values you. This isn't a ploy for attention or getting thrills, which is why I find enough within Runa to like. Certainly...I'd personally find it quite hard to handle her naivete/overt faith in people.

But her friends do look out for her and don't seem to be the type who'd associate with someone who was just looking to score, mess with a person or for attention. Runa just rolls the way she does and isn't letting the opinions of others define her. That in itself is a rare quality that many will never develop in life. She is willing to appreciate the interests of others and not force hers onto others - that is also an increasingly rare quality.

Not saying Runa is top tier material by any means, hardly. I think she has enough going for her to remain interested in, though. This was always pitched to me as an 8/10 title and has remained as such.
Old 2023-11-29, 21:57   Link #86
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Our Festival Story: The Experienced You and the Inexperienced Me Go to a Summer Festi

I came late to deliver my review for the seventh episode, so bear with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Runa is really self-conscious about the fact that she has a lot more relationship experience than Ryuto does so nothing is her "first," even though she wishes she could've been with Ryuto sooner rather than waste so much time on scummy guys. But what's important is that they're sharing these experiences together and will continue to do so, because that's what makes it new for the both of them .
This was the climax for the episode that moved me so much that I sob for Runa. Spending more and more time in Ryuto's company while both are making their relationship to grow, she understood the many things she wanted to try out with a boyfriend that would be there for her.

The regrets cannot be done, however, I think that thanks to those regrets Runa earned experience not to repeat the same mistakes with Ryuto. More importantly is that she learned from Ryuto that all his first experiences with her he's enjoying them to the fullest, because she's there for him.
Moreover, Runa can also see it from another perspective by turning the page the other way around in that she's also having a first time by enjoying those same events and treats but in Ryuto's company.

I can only say to Runa not to worry, because soon both will come forward to a new activity or experience that will become the first time for the both of them.
Cheer up, Runa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Oh hey, it's the sisters' mom! Figures Maria wouldn't want to visit granny with Runa there, let alone Ryuto too. Things are awkward enough as it is. But Runa wants to be close to her sister again, even if it means trying to become her friend in high school. And Ryuto will probably be caught in the middle. Good luck, I guess .
I haven't read the manga, but I figure as much that the author either is preparing or will be preparing a story arc that will give resolution to the sisters' relationship so that both Runa and Maria can mend their bond.

In the meantime, when it comes to the anime Runa can get closer to Maria by offering her friendship as a school companion and friend in a manner that Maria will not feel it as pity coming from Runa.
After all that's happened, I am not going to judge Maria further. She's been hurt a lot due to her parent's divorce, but I think Maria is still hurting since her childhood days due to the accumulated jealousy she continues to harbor for Runa.
On the other hand, I also think that deep down Runa is hurt as well due to her family breaking-up, but she fights that melancholy everyday by looking at the bright side with her friends and now with Ryuto. Runa truly wants to mend if possible the relationships within the family, and being understanding of Marias' feelings and giving her due space is the first step to mending their relationship and reopening it.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-01, 11:01   Link #87
Frontier

Look at Runa managing to get Akari to join up with them for the festival committee! And look at Ryuto trying to play wingman for his buddy and his crush on Akari !

Was it really a good idea to put Ryuto in-between Runa and Maria in this committee? Especially knowing he's Runa's boyfriend but the guy Maria likes. Though considering how much the sisters' tastes differ and how Maria doesn't love this dynamic one bit, maybe they needed an intermediary...even though Ryuto and Maria's tastes overlap more than his with Runa's .

So Sekiya used to be a geeky guy in middle school before having a high school debut and becoming popular with the ladies...though his ex-girlfriend in middle school, who always thought he was cool, was the one who gave him the idea for the makeover in the first place. And said ex-girlfriend was probably Nicole, and she's still feeling the break up .

I guess there was only so much avoiding Maria that Ryuto could do, but at least they had a pretty pleasant conversation. I mean, Maria has her own set of circumstances that she's had to deal with up to this point. And sure, she resented Runa for seemingly having a much more stable family situation with their dad, but she didn't just transfer schools for cheap tuition or to mess with Runa...she actually wanted to surprise Runa and be with her sister. And Runa not responding well to her showing up is what set her off the first time, not that she's trying to justify herself. And she's trying to keep her own distance from Ryuto. Maria's not trying to mess anything up any more (at least intentionally) .

Sports Day is anathema to non-jock or popular types, but when your girlfriend is one of them you can't help but get invested in it, especially when Runa cuts such a striking figure dashing in her PE clothes. And Ryuto's cheering helps her win! And she's able to use her BF to win another event! What's better than winning together as a couple? How about feeding your boyfriend during lunch ?

Maria and Akari are quite the cute cheerleaders! Maria really wears the uniform well. Although I kind of feel bad that I wanted to see cheerleader Runa too .

Well, there goes pretty much any progress Maria had made up to this point seeing their mom getting along with Runa. I mean, Runa is still her daughter and she hardly sees her, so it's fair that she'd want to talk to Runa...but all Maria can see is that her mom is getting along with her other daughter when Maria just wanted her to be there for HER. Even though the mom DID show up to see Maria's cheer-leading show .

And then Ryuto had to be there to confront her on the roof...and Maria reveals she still likes him and can't give up on those feelings...and Runa overhears. Which makes for a very tense meeting to finalize the pamphlets for the culture festival, especially when Runa feels like she's mad at Ryuto and Ryuto ends up picking Maria's pamphlet design. This won't end well .
Old 2023-12-02, 03:22   Link #88
Lex79

I've got bad feelings. More specifically, that Runa will try to break up with Ryuto because Maria needs him more and he'll be happier with her since they like the same things. If that happens, I hope it will be resolved quickly.
Ryuto's friend is definitely Nicole's ex, curious to see what happens when they'll meet again.
Old 2023-12-02, 15:09   Link #89
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Our Survival Story: The Experienced You and the Inexperienced Us Play Survival Games

So Runa invited Ryuto for a survival game bout; she invited Nicol and Akari so in turn Ryuto invited his buddies, Yusuke and Ren, to level the mix.

During the bout, Runa dominated the first round, however, after Nicol made some adjustments with her nail polish she totaled the competition during the second bout.

Even gals in camo gear have to be flashy, show-off, and reveal some cleavage . Otherwise, how can they call themselves gals?

At lunctime, everyone is sharing the same table, and Ren can't help to share his knowledge of camo girl while his otaku switch turns on, nonetheless, Akari sort of get what he means being passionate on the things he likes. Hence, her own otaku switch turns on about the pop culture things she likes leaving the boys not to get what she's saying, however, they learn the astonishing truth that popular girls can or may have also otaku things they're so passionate about.

This in turn triggers on Nicol to reminiscence on her ex-boyfriend, and feeling cool about him due to his agreeable and nice attitude.

Anyways, seemed like Ren and Akari put on a good start with each other, but Yusuke not so much with Nicol.

Anyways, Ryuto has another self-realization moment that to become a man worthy of Runa he has to give everything on his studies, and he does so step the pace at cram school but to his surprise he witnesses Maria attending the same class as he along with some friends from what I would guess come from her previous school.

He manages to slip by undetected thanks to this cool guy who treats some lunch, and inquires Ryuto on why he's running away.
I would say that I'm getting a few red flags on that chad, because people cannot be that nice to complete strangers unless it is for an ulterior motive, but I shall see next episode.
Old 2023-12-07, 03:50   Link #90
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Our Running Story: The Experienced You and the Inexperienced Me Run Together

For this episode I found myself with mix emotions that really got my heart.

Operation friendship started right after Runa nominated herself and Ryuto for the post of leaders who have the say on the pamphlet design for the the school festival theme, since Maria was the first one to volunteer herself for the post as well. This, however, put Ryuto on a tough spot becoming the middle-man in between Runa and Maria. Furthermore, it did not help as we found out that Runa and Maria as sisters and as classmates have opposite biases for the pamphlet's design based on their preferences and experiences.

Runa went with an extrovert design to emphasize energy and cuteness of youth. Meanwhile, Maria proposed a design catered to the families and relatives of the students. To his anxiety Ryuto realized that his biases for the design were closer to Maria's rather than Runa's, but he could not muster his courage to make a final call without hurting the feelings of either Maria or Runa.

He reported to the homeroom teacher, so she setup the deadline for him to have the pamphlet printouts ready.

As Ryuto chose to walk Maria home after classes were over, he and the audience learned that Maria wanted to befriend her sister, but she could not come up how to express and/or deliver those feelings, that's why she enrolled herself at her sister's high-school.
For a side note, Maria had figured out that she and Ryuto attended the same cram school so she becoming flustered at Ryuto going to extremes in order to avoid her was understandable.

The day of the school festival came, and Runa trashed the competition at the sports festival with her slender figure and fierce determination pumped by Ryuto cheering her on.

Maria was not far behind either as she enrolled for the cheerleading stunts alongside Akari, but the former lost her cool when she spotted her mother interacting with Runa. The reason she left was that Maria blindly feared that her mother was playing favorites with Runa due that from her point of view her parent invested more attention on Runa and not her while at the sports festival. The truth was that their mother had so little or few chances to see her other daughter (Runa) that she wanted to make the most out of the occasion during the school festival.

At this crossroads I got Marias' feelings, and I am the least to criticize her for the way she acted, though it is understandable that she should step into the competition for the sake of her classmates who invested time and energy, and for her mom whom invested partial time off her work to watch both of her children performing at school.

The bomb came when Ryuto and Runa went to search for Maria, and Ryuto found the latter at the school rooftop. Maria's anxious and admitted she still had lingering feelings for Ryuto calling out that she liked him, that's why she wanted for him to keep distance away from her.
Unfortunately, Runa reached the entrance to the rooftop and by chance eavesdropped the entire conversation, or the part where Maria confessed she liked Ryuto, at least.

Next day time came for Ryuto to make his final call on which pamphlet is going to be used either Runa's design or Maria's.
Ryuto held mix feelings over not wanting to hurt Runa as his bias inclined more towards Maria's design, but Runa bluntly told Ryuto to be sincere and to pick with honest feelings, because she wanted sincerity from him and not pity borned out of lies.

Hence, the episode ended on a cliffhanger note as another hurdle loomed forward into Ryuto X Runa relationship.
Old 2023-12-08, 11:00   Link #91
Frontier

You know it's not a good sign when they skip the OP and are couple are walking together in the rain, the obvious tension of the prior episode still effecting them. And then Runa starts talking about how Ryuto might be a better fit with Maria and says she's going to distance herself from him...this isn't good .

Even Maria feels guilty about what's going on between the three of them, especially since she remembers how Runa would always give her anything she liked when Maria wanted it. She wants Runa to be happy with Ryuto...but she also can't help but like Ryuto still. Also that's totally the second half of the lunar earrings in Maria's hands, right ?

Dang, I feel bad for Runa that Akari immediately jumped to her having a Sugar Daddy. I mean, Runa has some standards! I'm glad Ryuto immediately didn't believe it, but even he had to make sure nothing was going on .

I love Ryuto ropes Sekiya into investigating this because he needs a reliable buddy...and it turns Sekiya was the hot guy Runa was meeting with the whole time. And Ryuto immediately jumps to the conclusion that Sekiya is one of Runa's exes and thus the scum of the Earth .

But no, it turns out that Sekiya (like everybody figured) was Nicole's ex-boyfriend and Runa was trying to set them back up together because they obviously still have feelings for each other. Sekiya was holding himself back because he felt guilty for dumping Nicole just so he could hook up with other women, especially when her parents were going a rough divorce (man, no wonder Nicole and Runa are so close) and she was the only one who really saw and liked him for who he really was. Heck, the break up is what turned her into Gyaru! I do kind of want to see ping-pong Nicole with black hair .

Ugh. These guys so blatantly flirting and forcing themselves on girls in broad daylight at a school festival? What trash. But it let Ryuto step up and Sekiya be there for Nicole, and it seems like the two immediately got back together. I'm happy for Nicole .

Reading the romantic vibes Isshi confesses to Akari...who immediately cuts his shallow confession down to size and emotionally breaks the poor boy. She's been asked out by so many guys and for shallow reasons that she just can't handle it any more. Isshi should've waited until they knew each other better before shooting his shot .

Ryuto's guy friends are still just happy that he's with Runa...even though things are still awkward between the two of them. Even when he runs to go see her and they talk on the balcony, things still feel awkward. And the next episode is title "our break up story?" Oh no .
Old 2023-12-08, 11:21   Link #92
EroKing

Episode 10

Imagine a temporary separation over selection of a fucking pamphlet...

Yea, how dare he hurt her by being a total nice guy who didn't cheat on her, happens to have different hobbies and not be a hoe like her changing partners with a new cock in her mouth every 2 months. You suck, Ryuto! Just because you happen to be in your first relationship doesn't mean you can't be perfect at it!

The FMC we needed...
Old 2023-12-08, 17:47   Link #93
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
Imagine a temporary separation over selection of a fucking pamphlet...

Yea, how dare he hurt her by being a total nice guy who didn't cheat on her, happens to have different hobbies and not be a hoe like her changing partners with a new cock in her mouth every 2 months. You suck, Ryuto! Just because you happen to be in your first relationship doesn't mean you can't be perfect at it!

The FMC we needed...
I feel like Nicole will always side with Runa whether Ryuto was really in the wrong or not, though it seems like she was also still feeling her own personal heartbreak.
Old 2023-12-08, 18:53   Link #94
GDB

I was super digging this series for the first 7 episodes, but it's kind of gone down hill hard the last couple. It had generally avoided standard romance tropes and misunderstandings (or resolved them nearly instantly if they happened), and now it's kind of going all-in.

Last edited by GDB; 2023-12-08 at 19:59.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-08, 19:54   Link #95
Alchemist007
*Author

Nicole's situation sure got resolved fast.
Old 2023-12-08, 21:19   Link #96
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well that episode was a ride .

The show has kind of lost some steam as it's gone along. But it's far enough to keep carrying on to the bitter end to see where they choose to stop it.
Old 2023-12-09, 02:02   Link #97
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Ahh yes, we only have a few episodes left. Let's start some artificial drama

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-09, 04:07   Link #98
Lex79

Not a fan of how somehow Ryuto is the one at fault for his and Runa's relationship problems when she's the one who's fretting over nothing. Meanwhile Sekiya was actually a jerk to Nicole when he broke up with her but once they met again they apparently immediately started dating again. Must be the ikemen power.
A shimaidon might be a perfect solution for the love triangle between Ryuto, Runa and Maria, but I guess this isn't that kind of series.
I hope the title of the next episode is a red herring, but I'm bracing for the worst.
Old 2023-12-10, 22:56   Link #99
AC-Phoenix
Detective

So "those two" already lost? Was a bit fast.

But yeah, these kind of stories become harder and harder to watch as I age.

Where are the good times where this anime would have ended with a lone girl and her duffle bag of questionable contents on a yacht? (Yes I'm talking about an anime not an "anime" )

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-11, 05:38   Link #100
scififan

The exploration of sisters relationship is not making sense. Somehow, they find some resolution.

The failed confession is definitely not his friend's fault. The girl playing hard to get(?) has her own ideology. She is still young, so she thinks she will find her "true love".
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote