AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-03-24, 17:38   Link #261
Blaat

Half way through the episode I thought to myself they should have saved this stuff for the next season, but with the ending being a callback to the first season I can see why the director opted to end this way. I guess it kind of works.

Having said that they did skip out a lot of stuff, including actually seeing Chihaya quit the club and there are also two moments they skipped out on that I really loved and are frankly essential. I hope season 4 goes back a bit and actually handle the skipped scenes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
So what are the chances season four airs before I turn eighty?
Well in terms of chapters there's definitely enough material for another two cour season. I guess the reason why they haven't announced a season 4 is because of the corona pandemic which is screwing up anime production.
Old 2020-03-24, 17:42   Link #262
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Oh I'm pretty sure he's doing it because of his mother as well but this part is a bit ambiguous. He hasn't expressed any desire for the medical profession, but (as far as i can recall) he also hasn't expressed any desire for any alternative profession and for me that's a crucial omission that suggests Taichi is more or less fine with the status quo. Even if he did confront his mother, the only result I'm expecting is that it would give him more freedom to play karuta. We know he can't be full time professional karuta player because that doesn't exist so he has to grow up into something (unless he becomes a complete degenerate like Suo)
Suo's a Todai student and a cram school teacher.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-24, 19:15   Link #263
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I was disappointed the episode was almost entirely about Arata but I guess the ending made it worth it. I was surprised Chihaya was so shaken she couldn't play Karuta anymore and actually quit the club she treasured so much. On the other hand, it seems like Taichi didn't waste too much time getting back on the horse, since it's heavily implied he's training under Suo.

Really enjoyed this season overall, a vast improvement over S2 except when it came to animation (guessing they had a tighter budget). Now I want a S4!
Old 2020-03-24, 21:08   Link #264
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Arata finely start a club and Chihaya over thinking way to much do to Taichi but at less theres some good teachers to help her

7/10 Needs a 4th season
Old 2020-03-24, 22:40   Link #265
Uribatake

As Blaat said, if this show gets the fourth season it deserves, I hope it goes back in time to cover the content from chapters 140-142 that this last episode skipped, because there's some important stuff there.

I'm optimistic about a continuation because this show got unusually good ratings for late night anime, and it even managed to land in the top 10 earlier this month. I just hope Morio Asaka and the rest of the main staff will be available.
Uribatake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-24, 23:10   Link #266
Wandering Soul

Was not so much focus on Arata, but him forming his own club works as a nice contrast to both Taichi and Chihaya leaving their club. It does look Taichi is trying to make comeback though.

Overall this season was definitely an improvement over season 2.
Old 2020-03-25, 08:41   Link #267
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

My only minor complain is that Tsutomu was practically non-existent in this season, I think that even Tsukuba's brothers had more screentime and focus than him.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-12, 17:11   Link #268
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Suo's a Todai student and a cram school teacher.
Yeah that was kind of a surprise. Now I wonder why people viewed him as a degenerate when he was first introduced. I mean he is still kinda weird but then again so is everyone else in this show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Now I want a S4!
Hear, hear. As much as I can only lament at yet another unfinished ending, at least this one actually has a chance of getting a continuation. And I have to agree with the consensus that this season was a definite improvement over season 2, with so much more development and focus with the core cast.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-12, 19:48   Link #269
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Over time I became really incensed at the way the karuta bigwigs treat Suou. Fuck them - he doesn't meet their ideal of a proper karuta poster boy (we all know who does) so they treat him as, you say, a degenerate. Having a player as dominant as Suou would be a blessing for the game if it knew how to market him.

My growing sympathy for Suou was the only salve that took a bit of the sting out of Harada-sensei losing, which ripped my heart out.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-03, 05:00   Link #270
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Every year at Yasaka Jinja in Kyoto, they have the "Karuta Hajime" - the first karuta of the new year. A bunch of girls from local dojo are the main participants but they also had an exhibition featuring Kumehara Keitarou from Kyoto University, who was the Meijin three years running from 2019-2021.
Old 2024-01-03, 05:39   Link #271
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

If KnT can get a third season, Bartender a second season and S&W a remake 15 years later, I'd like to think they would finish this.

What really irks me is the manga is only published digitally in English. They can pull access at any time. For the prices they want for 50 volumes, that ain't fair...
Old 2024-01-03, 06:16   Link #272
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I suspect we see a final season in the next couple of years.
Old 2024-01-03, 11:48   Link #273
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I don't think the new Bartender is a continuation, but a remake.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
karuta