Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-03-28, 08:45   Link #81
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
It only never fails at that time, you mean...

Regardless, given the Turn A and Turn X have nano-technology like the Devil Gundam...and even people here say that it's one of the most advanced compared to the God/Master Gundam or the Wing Gundam Zero...that makes the Turn A and Turn X more advanced as well then.
yep his hypermode and winning chant he always escape pinches or near deaths. making him one of the best.

Looking back at the DG cells. It can affect humans and grow and make them into the Gundam devils slaves if not treated quickly.
Old 2007-03-28, 08:59   Link #82
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
yep his hypermode and winning chant he always escape pinches or near deaths. making him one of the best.
Alternatively, it may just mean that the Gundam fighters just aren't that good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Looking back at the DG cells. It can affect humans and grow and make them into the Gundam devils slaves if not treated quickly.
The DG cells are quite impressive, but it's really the only thing that Devil Gundam has going for it.
Old 2007-03-28, 15:39   Link #83
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

A lot of the time, it's sheer overconfidence and/or underestimating Domon and/or overestimating their own skill as a fighter.

Like how Domon kept thinking he had his battle with Sai clinched before being informed of Sai's little surprise at the very end.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 10:00   Link #84
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Yep he also states his over confidence and sloppiness in battle in Gundam battle assult3 featuring the Bishonens LOL.

Quote:
I was deafeted by my own carelessness.
That is one thing I like about Domon he can admit his faults and make up for it and pay them back a 100 times over.

But the point here is that when he gets serious he's tougher to beat and his hyper mode makes him near invisible whenever he meditates. I just wonder how big can the GOD FINGER-Sekiha-Ten-Kyouken be? Since it crushed Master Gundam to pieces and imho it can blast through any beam type since it's and large generated hand able to grip a whole mobile suit. "HEAT END!!!"
Old 2007-03-29, 10:40   Link #85
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by silencer.001 View Post
Turn A and X have moonlight butterfly, which destroys all technology it comes into contact with, from telephones, to mobile suits, to nanomachines, which devil gundam is made up of, iirc, and there fore, bye bye devil gundam
And yet, it has no defence against a really large handful of sand.

Turning sand to sand is kinda useless, and I-Field wouldn't block it.

HA! Turn A's weakness!
Old 2007-03-29, 15:38   Link #86
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Except...sand...unless it's some sort of weird, Sci-Fi Alien sand, is...well...useless alone o_O
Old 2007-03-30, 07:24   Link #87
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenemis View Post
And yet, it has no defence against a really large handful of sand.

Turning sand to sand is kinda useless, and I-Field wouldn't block it.

HA! Turn A's weakness!
Then turn A should'nt battle the Pharoah Gundam since it's main attacks are wrillwind of sands.
I wonder who invented Turn A and Turn X? I really like Turn X the most bad ass gundam I've seen in my life. The design is orignal, abilities and it also has the moonlight butterfly.

Wonder when will the gundam makers will me a series using seperate tecnology for the heros? Example are Wing0 and Epyon same system, God/Master same style and abilities, TurnA and X same powers the moonlight.
Old 2007-03-30, 15:36   Link #88
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Who knows about Turn A, but I DID have a theory on Turn X...but it's probably not how it came along, though...it's interesting to me, though.
Old 2007-03-31, 06:17   Link #89
whatcomesaround

Turn A but its an ugly suit only the designer could love.
whatcomesaround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-31, 12:43   Link #90
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

It's not THAT bad...there are uglier suits out there and once you watch all of Turn A, it actually grows on you a bit.
Old 2007-04-09, 23:37   Link #91
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Unfortunately, I have to disagree...the great gap of power between the Turn A and X compared to the Wing Gundam Zero is very apparent as you watch both suits in combat. Overall, the Turn A and X are in a much greater league than the Zero and pretty much a league of just them.

If you're now trying to base Wing Gundam Zero on the same level just by something like firing at space objects while re-entering the atmosphere, then you could also throw in the Cosmic Era Gundams into that mix since they're all just as capable of the same thing.

If things like them could do it, I have no doubt that the Turn A and X could do exactly the same thing and much more.
But didn't Wing Zero fly back out of the atmosphere and into space at the end? None of the Gundams seem to be able to do that.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 23:40   Link #92
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
But didn't Wing Zero fly back out of the atmosphere and into space at the end? None of the Gundams seem to be able to do that.
First of all, that was the Wing Gundam, not Zero and don't forget that it was mentioned earlier in the episode (by the 2 guys talking about it in front of it) that it had boosters attached that allowed for it to take off into space. Similar to the ones that Zechs had used with the Tallgeese to get into space, I would presume.
Old 2007-04-09, 23:46   Link #93
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
I don't recall Wing Zero getting into space on it's own, but I wouldn't be that surprised either. If you think about this feat, it's actually not all that impressive. In fact, I'm rather surprised that it doesn't happen more often - I think that it's a brainbug that Gundam writers have largely bought into. After all, you just need a constant acceleration in excess of 1g, and a large enough fuel supply to pull it off.

If you look at the different Gundam shows, going into space in a mobile suit has, at least partially, been achieved a few times: Shining Gundam got pretty far out in order to reach Hong Kong, Victory 2 got into the upper atmosphere (after a boost from the White Ark) to intercept the Zanneck, and again to attack the Angel Halo, and Freedom went into the upper atmosphere to catch up to Lacus' shuttle.
Old 2007-04-10, 03:23   Link #94
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
I don't recall Wing Zero getting into space on it's own, but I wouldn't be that surprised either. If you think about this feat, it's actually not all that impressive. In fact, I'm rather surprised that it doesn't happen more often - I think that it's a brainbug that Gundam writers have largely bought into. After all, you just need a constant acceleration in excess of 1g, and a large enough fuel supply to pull it off.

If you look at the different Gundam shows, going into space in a mobile suit has, at least partially, been achieved a few times: Shining Gundam got pretty far out in order to reach Hong Kong, Victory 2 got into the upper atmosphere (after a boost from the White Ark) to intercept the Zanneck, and again to attack the Angel Halo, and Freedom went into the upper atmosphere to catch up to Lacus' shuttle.
But the thing about Wing Zero is that it went in (re-entry), blew up the hunk of junk, and came back out while burning red. You'll need a lot of thrust to get back out. Does that happen when you fly to space from the Earth?

And I keep thinking in GS/D with the Duel, Buster and Zaku w/Athrun struggling, but failed to get back out into space.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-10, 08:54   Link #95
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis
But the thing about Wing Zero is that it went in (re-entry), blew up the hunk of junk, and came back out while burning red. You'll need a lot of thrust to get back out. Does that happen when you fly to space from the Earth?
The difficulty in getting out of the atmosphere in that situation are largely defined by the velocity, trajectory, and altitude of the vehicle. It's hard to figure out what these are in most cases, so the exact amount of thrust required to overcome it can be hard to tell. The energy and fuel reserves of the vehicle also have to be taken into account.

The fact that Wing Zero glowed red doesn't tell us much because we don't know the properties of it's armor. The difference in the construction material goes a long way towards creating different visual and physical effects. For example, UC mobile suits tend to fry to a crisp relatively quickly, while Cosmic Era mobile suits are better at withstanding re-entry.
Old 2007-04-14, 06:55   Link #96
Amuro_Rei
Pilot of the "Gundam"

In terms of realism and sheer firepower, I would still go for the V2 Gundam.
Amuro_Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 19:35   Link #97
Jays

I'll agree with the Wing Zero (I'd like to say Custom because it looks cooler :P).
But yeah an OS that allows the pilot to basically see his future by calculating the current course he is on is just crazy.
Jays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 19:42   Link #98
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

The ZERO System does not outright "show THE future" of any path.

All it does is take in the scenario going on, calculates and then offers POSSIBLE outcomes of the situation, which there are MANY different kinds; up to nearly infinite possibilities, depending on the situation, which can lead to people believing the WRONG person is their enemy or friend or whatever.

Like as shown when Zechs used it against Wu Fei, he saw that he could end up destroying Peacemillion OR getting destroyed himself as well as who knows what else. Then he kept telling himself that he wasn't Wu Fei's enemy, even though the ZERO kept showing him otherwise. Or when Duo kept seeing Deathscythe being destroyed or him destroying the colony Hilde was in with a stray shot and Wu Fei seeing himself destroying Catherine and so on and so forth.

What happens is all up to the pilot themself afterwards. Obviously, Zechs had chosen the path that did end up pitting himself against the Gundam pilots...Trowa didn't destroy Catherine or the colony...nor did Duo...Wu Fei ended up joining the pilots and such.

It is, by no means, anywhere near a perfect system that automatically guarantees a victory. In fact, it could lead straight to the pilot's own DEFEAT sometimes if they can't handle it (which VERY few can, obviously)
Old 2007-04-16, 05:46   Link #99
Blaat

Quote:
The ZERO System does not outright "show THE future" of any path.

All it does is take in the scenario going on, calculates and then offers POSSIBLE outcomes of the situation, which there are MANY different kinds; up to nearly infinite possibilities, depending on the situation, which can lead to people believing the WRONG person is their enemy or friend or whatever.
So its like the computer in Ramba Ral's Gouf except far less complicated and slower?
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 15:31   Link #100
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

It's possible...