AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-02-25, 02:14   Link #1
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Chihayafuru Season 3

After Six Years, Chihayafuru Season 3 Green-Lit; Asami Seto and Yoshimasa Hosoya Delighted

Quote:
On February 25th, a third season of Chihayafuru was greenlit for 2019. The third season is scheduled to air on the late-night anime timeslot AnichU, and the announcement was made the same day on the "Chihayafuru Fan Thanksgiving in Awara" event held in Hotel Grandia Housen in Awara, Fukui Prefecture. The voice cast, including the voice behind the lead role of Chihaya Ayase, Asami Seto, was delighted about the announcement. Several hundreds of fans celebrated the announcement of a new anime series after six years.
Similar news on Anime News Network and MyAnimeList.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.

Last edited by Marcus H.; 2018-02-25 at 02:26.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-12, 05:40   Link #2
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...emiere/.139378

S3 key visuals.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-09, 05:19   Link #3
LG-MAX 2.o

The “Chihayafuru” S3 anime will be a 2-cour series. It will be part of Nippon TV’s “AnichU” programming block airing in April 2019 (Madhouse)

by: http://moetron.net/post/180945900200...ll-be-a-2-cour
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-25, 04:09   Link #4
EasyGo-er

And it just got delayed from Spring 2019 to Fall 2019.

I wonder what brought this on tho...

Source: https://twitter.com/chihaya_anime/st...57170420965376
EasyGo-er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-23, 06:11   Link #5
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Some re-casting news:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...yauchi/.148190

Losing Unshou Ishizuka was a hard blow, especially since Harada is crucial to the best unadapted arc from the manga. But Miyake is a very good decision. Probably would have been my second choice after Ohtsuka Akio (who would also have been my first choice for All Might, actually).
Old 2019-08-02, 11:17   Link #6
Blaat

New PV, there is a youtube link in the twitter message but it's region locked for me. We get to hear the new voices of Harada-sensei and Miyauchi-sensei. The first episode will air on October 22nd (back to Taichi Tuesdays ) and according to the blu-rays it will consist of 24 episodes.

Based on the PVs it looks like it will be a faithful adaption.
Old 2019-10-07, 15:39   Link #7
Blaat

So the schedule for the first three weeks have been revealed and we're in for a pleasant surprise: we'll be getting five episodes in the first three weeks.

Episode 1 - 10/22
Episode 2/3 - 10/29
Episode 4/5 - 11/4
Old 2019-10-22, 15:03   Link #8
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

What happened to the ending?

Was a bit worried at the outset that it would recap the first two seasons, but it soon continued on from the end of season two where Chihaya and Taichi go to the Fujisaki camp.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-22, 15:24   Link #9
Blaat

The pacing was a bit off, it started of slow and I genuinely thought they were going to adapt the LNs that take place during the middle school days. But instead it was just a way to reintroduce the game rules to the viewer, well after six years it's probably needed.

After that it felt like the episode was at a breakneck pace probably so that they could adapt the rest of chapter 94 (first part was adapted back in 2013) and the whole of chapter 95.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
What happened to the ending?
They had to cut it due to time constraints. It will probably be there next week.
Old 2019-10-22, 17:17   Link #10
Arya

5 episodes in the first 3 weeks, seems great but if that's mean we'd have future weeks with no airing episodes it doesn't seem that great anymore. Anyways glad to have Chihayafuru back. Yeah, the episode kinda started abruptly after the introductory section to the in-universe dynamics, game's and Chihaya's, marching straight to the end leaving out also the ED. I don't remember much of the second season though. But not worried by that, nothing changed, Chihaya is still focused on Karuta and Arata.

So, it's 2 cours and it will end, right? It will end together with the manga?

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-22, 17:19   Link #11
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

If there are meant to be cracks forming this season like Gaurdian Enzo keeps hinting at then I hope it happens later rather than sooner because watching this first episode felt like reuniting with an old friend. I'm feeling the magic all over again.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-22, 17:21   Link #12
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
If there are meant to be cracks forming this season like Gaurdian Enzo keeps hinting at then I hope it happens later rather than sooner because watching this first episode felt like reuniting with an old friend. I'm feeling the magic all over again.
Same here.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2019-10-22, 18:11   Link #13
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I really feared the episode would be a recap at first, but thankfully it didn't last long and the story resumed right where we left it.

Taichi will probably be the one to benefit the most from this camp. As Hiyoro and Rion pointed out, I'm not sure there was that much point to Chihaya training with her left hand. It's definitely not useless since she trained her stamina and hearing, but she wasn't able to get the most of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
5 episodes in the first 3 weeks, seems great but if that's mean we'd have future weeks with no airing episodes it doesn't seem that great anymore. Anyways glad to have Chihayafuru back. Yeah, the episode kinda started abruptly after the introductory section to the in-universe dynamics, game's and Chihaya's, marching straight to the end leaving out also the ED. I don't remember much of the second season though. But not worried by that, nothing changed, Chihaya is still focused on Karuta and Arata.

I assume we're getting more episodes because the show started late, so there shouldn't be any weeks without episodes besides New year's.
Old 2019-10-22, 19:22   Link #14
Wandering Soul

I thought for a while there the entire first episode would be a flashback, but it's nice to see that they jumped back in without any overly long recap.
Old 2019-10-22, 21:13   Link #15
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

So its finely back and it seem that Chihaya not waiting for her injury to heal before playing again
Old 2019-10-23, 02:48   Link #16
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I assume we're getting more episodes because the show started late, so there shouldn't be any weeks without episodes besides New year's.
yeah, you are right, eager to watch it I forgot it started later. So it's definitely good news.

So now Hoshiai no Sora has a competitor (not a surprise). Hopefully both won't disappoint til the end.

Old 2019-10-23, 08:00   Link #17
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Who?

I'm curious what you mean by "cracks". Could you elaborate on that a bit?
Old 2019-10-23, 08:07   Link #18
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

As in the writing starts dropping in quality more noticeably. I thought that's what you were hinting at.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-23, 08:29   Link #19
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
As in the writing starts dropping in quality more noticeably. I thought that's what you were hinting at.
Ah - OK, thanks.

Listen, as to qualitative issues with the manga, that's strictly my opinion and nothing else. Everyone's mileage may vary on that. I won't deny holding that view but... It's complicated. And hard to really get into without venturing into spoiler territory.
Old 2019-10-23, 11:31   Link #20
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
It will be two cours but it will not end unless they go for an anime original ending.
While the manga will definitely be ending soon it recently went from a bimonthly release schedule to a monthly one. This combined with the story moving at a snail pace means that it could easily last another two years or so.

Tags
karuta