AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2010-03-06, 12:11   Link #121
Marina2

Being a person who bad at science, reading this topic gave me a headace. (Just look at those words.......)

There are many things that I confuse......please answer these questions.

1. Even His ability can "Auto-reflect" he an determine what he want/doesn't want to reflect right?

2. Normally, he doesn't set his ability to re-direction the light??? because if he did everyone will see him as "the black human shape" walking in the town. (so a "surprise" light attack may work on him...)

3. Can you give examples:
3.1 Which functions if his ability are automatic?
3.2 Which functions of his ability need to calculate?

I heard that Accelerator can't re-direction the magic like index's [Dragon breath] because it out the law,and he can't calculate how to reflect it. In this point why his ability isn't work automatically? This is the most confuse thing for me. It seems sometime he needs to calculate to reflect ,but sometime doesn't

- Can he make his ability work in many way at the same time? for example: if he face with many attack types at the same time which each of them require different calculation to guard, will he able to survive from that? (those attack may be some esper ability, just assume that there are something like that)

P.S. The author is very creative person. How did he think out the ability that its function is very basic (just re-direction) yet very strong at the same time.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-06, 12:24   Link #122
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
P.S. The author is very creative person. How did he think out the ability that its function is very basic (just re-direction) yet very strong at the same time.
if the author is anything like ZUN, then the answer is LOTS OF ALCOHOL.
Old 2010-03-06, 13:02   Link #123
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
1. Even His ability can "Auto-reflect" he an determine what he want/doesn't want to reflect right?
Yeah.
For example he could take a bath (contact with water) but still would be able to reflect a bullet if someone came in shooting at him.
I don't think he has problems with determining what to auto-reflect and what not.
But while sleeping I think he puts his reflection against everything in case someone decides to ambush him.

Quote:
2. Normally, he doesn't set his ability to re-direction the light??? because if he did everyone will see him as "the black human shape" walking in the town. (so a "surprise" light attack may work on him...)
Well, in the Last Order arc he mentioned he reflects all excessive UV light, hence he doesn't need pigments anymore.
That's the reason his skin and hair looks white / pale.

Quote:
3. Can you give examples:
3.1 Which functions if his ability are automatic?
3.2 Which functions of his ability need to calculate?
Excluding magic and Dark Matter, I think he doesn't need to calculate anything.
His auto-reflect should be a passive function fending off all kinds of vectors.
An active use of vector manipulation would make him start calculating, example is the time he overwrote Last Order's virus.

Quote:
I heard that Accelerator can't re-direction the magic like index's [Dragon breath] because it out the law,and he can't calculate how to reflect it. In this point why his ability isn't work automatically? This is the most confuse thing for me. It seems sometime he needs to calculate to reflect ,but sometime doesn't
Magic has different laws than Science, and because it is a rather unknown side to Accelerator, it should be hard for his auto-reflect to do all the work, depending on how the spells work.
So he needs to calculate the spells to add them to his filtering out of vectors.
The con of this is that there's a chance he gets taken out before knowing how the attacks work or simply can't reflect them (Toma's case).
I honestly don't like to put Accelerator against magic though, gets too complicated.
All we need to know is that he's a kickass ESP who likes to spare brain flesh of people who even use 'unknown' attacks. :P

Quote:
- Can he make his ability work in many way at the same time? for example: if he face with many attack types at the same time which each of them require different calculation to guard, will he able to survive from that? (those attack may be some esper ability, just assume that there are something like that)
Well, his ability is to manipulate vectors (which is overpowered because it's a rather generic thing), I don't think he still needs to calculate when a bunch of ESPs go against him. There aren't many abilities which aren't involved with vectors.
But in case he decides to do microcospic work which eats up a lot of his calculation abilities, he becomes vulnerable as you can see.
Old 2010-03-06, 23:42   Link #124
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nya~n View Post
if the author is anything like ZUN, then the answer is LOTS OF ALCOHOL.
I don't think so since the author created the series when he/she was around 14 years old.

Last edited by MrTerrorist; 2010-03-07 at 01:29.
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 01:26   Link #125
tsunade666

is the author a girl or guy?

As for what accelerator needed to calculate to redirect. The sure one are magic and dark matter and he doesn't need to recalculate the power of the " railgun " while in dust explosion he said that he almost got toast despite the fact that their are no scratch. So I can say that he usually redirect an object that comes after him with a certain speed or exceed that speed will be redirected and the power behind it too. If it exceeds his initial settings then he needs to reconfigure it for it.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 13:24   Link #126
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
is the author a girl or guy?
No proof but I read that the author is female.
Old 2010-03-08, 07:20   Link #127
tsunade666

I also head she's a female and when she start writing it with the age of 14.
Old 2010-03-08, 20:32   Link #128
LastResolve

Quote:
he cant redirect certain magic attacks that are unkown to him for example Innocentius is made of flames so it wont be a big deal for accelarator
Quote:
I also head she's a female and when she start writing it with the age of 14.
the novel writter is called kamachi Kazuma i think the one that illustrated the series is a girl but i aint sure
Old 2010-03-08, 21:18   Link #129
Miraluka
Banned

Kiyotaka Haimura is the illustrator of this series.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 06:54   Link #130
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastResolve View Post
he cant redirect certain magic attacks that are unkown to him for example Innocentius is made of flames so it wont be a big deal for accelarator
Not yet anyway, but if my theory is correct, he can update his power with the laws of magic. Assuming it's like the same as updating his power to include Dark Matter's unknown laws of physics.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 07:33   Link #131
tsunade666

but he needs first to see it first hand or better got hit. Learning it through your body is the best way. Like being hit by killer sun rays. Though it will takes some time to update ones AIM field. But if he goes black wings mode it will be an ease.
Old 2010-03-09, 07:38   Link #132
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I think the only one who can beat Accelerator is Vento. 'Nuff said.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 08:03   Link #133
tsunade666

what vent? your overestimating Accel. Anyone in the god's right seat can beat accel.
Old 2010-03-09, 08:08   Link #134
AlaAlba

yeah I realy looking forward for the author to make him meet one of the magician.

no esper have fight magician so far, no?

Last edited by AlaAlba; 2010-03-09 at 08:20.
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 08:19   Link #135
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
what vent? your overestimating Accel. Anyone in the god's right seat can beat accel.
Surely you can't include Terra of the Left
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 09:26   Link #136
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaAlba View Post
no esper have fight magician so far, no?
Far I know, the remaining sister in A.C. against Aqua; their attacks were useless and then thet got pwned. In the SS the again the sisters got pwned by the almost god magician Aurrelus, and in the same SS the 7th Level 5 Gunha Sogiita fought him, althought he was powerful lost very easy.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 09:47   Link #137
AlaAlba

oh? SS 1? that sounds interesting. "lost very easily"
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 11:19   Link #138
giorno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Not yet anyway, but if my theory is correct, he can update his power with the laws of magic. Assuming it's like the same as updating his power to include Dark Matter's unknown laws of physics.
well, black wing accel should be able to update magic like he did with dark matter...the problem with dragon's breath is that if he's hit, he won't have a chance to update it into his redirection

also, i don't think accel can do anything about angelic magic and the likes...we'll see if he ever gets to fight fiamma...
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 12:09   Link #139
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Surely you can't include Terra of the Left
even though I hate to say this but I add that scum. Even though he likes to do dirty works and precisely because his like a cheating old man that he will be included. And its not like his magic is weak. His also strong but just a scum old man and he got ended up fighting touma.
Old 2010-03-09, 12:47   Link #140
giorno

mmm...i don't know as much as you do about Terra or accelerator, but i think Terra shouldn't stand much of a chance against awakened accelerator, unless he can include accelerator's power in his magic?

on the other hand, pre-awekening accel(volume 3, so to speak) likely would get slaughtered by Terra...
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote