AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-03, 09:13   Link #201
Rotton the Wizard
head slam magnet v. 2.0!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANZAIVER View Post
Galatea: shit...I was intending to have it after getting more closer...
(*the meaning of this line if still unclear. Just a direct translation for now.*)

OOOOoow....(*sound)

Citizen: Oi, what is it...

Syd: Gark!
Gark: yeah. it is same as...the Yoma of seven years ago...

Syd: No...it is something huge and more ominous...

The End
Please, please, please let there be a Miata vs. Galatea vs. Riful battle royale next chapter! I would love to see an AB quickly getting ripped to shreds by a blind nun and Teresa mk II!

Claymore just won't stop bleeding with awesome.
Old 2007-11-03, 09:51   Link #202
Fate_Archer
I'm blind not dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flar View Post
  • Galatea could manipulate Clarice, but she had to dodge Miata. Her Yoki manipulation doesn't work on her.
Probably because of the same reason she couldn't avoid Dauf's punches at a certain time.
Miata comes with full strength to make her blows, and that's the weakness of this technique.

With her new improvement, yoki-aligning in order to manipulate blows has improved as well.
To align yoki and subsequently manipulate things, you have to see the yoki flow in the least details.

So, more yoki details and better yoki insight leads to an even better chance to manipulate her enemies.

But even so, Miata can beat her manipulation. I think we can give that to Miata's great raw power.

Quote:
  • Galatea has a spidey-sense/Newtype flash warning her of incoming Miata. The same 6th sense as Miata, more or less, I imagine.

I don't think it's something like Miata's sense. Miata's sense is based on instincts and it doesn't rely on yoki.

I think that the better comparison for the new way Galatea sense things would be with Teresa's ability, where she foresee the attacks, guided by the yoki flow.
Now that Galatea's senses improved at the point to even sense yoki through a Claymore in suppression pills, I think it's safe to say that she is orientating herself by the yoki flow as well.
It explain why she dodged and evaded so skilfully Miata's blows, which she wasn't manipulating at that time.

Quote:
So, who is producing that strong Yoki?
  1. It could be Miata, Galatea almost looked like she tried to make her awaken before Clarice butted in. Galatea would have stayed to try her trick on a real Claymore.
  2. It could also be Galatea, pushing past her limits or showing the result of repressing one's aura for years. (it would put Teresa's release in another light, too, showing that her Yoki power wasn't innate but a result of her no-release behavior, at the same time that it would augur freakish power from the 7 samurais)
  3. It could be another being hiding in Rabona. Several reasons possible: Galatea is one of them, Galatea could not kill it alone (and waited for the org to send her reinforcements), Galatea didn't know it was here and the fight attracted them.
Regarding the yoki that people felt in the end of the chapter...

It can be Miata or Galatea, but I don't think it's one of these two.

As they were saying, there is something strange in the town recently. Most probably an AB.
But I think it's not a random one, if so, Galatea should be more than enough to track and kill it.
It's rather something more powerful I guess. That's what we shall see in the next chapter.

-----------------------------------

About Galatea's and Claymore's beliefs.

In a way, I think every Claymore has a God's belief.
If they weren't taught when kids, they would probably learn with life.

Hope is something that goes along with all their lives. And it can be easily assimilated to a religion or belief.
In a difficult moment, Clare appealed to Rabona's God, for Raki's sake.

Also, Claymores do travel a lot. And they pass through many cities.
It seems that in the Claymore World, there are different cultures that vary from place to place.
Up till now, we have the Rabona's God and the twin Goddess Clare and Teresa.
During their travels, it's possible to happen cultural exchanges and influences.

Even Teresa, who was not the epitome of getting along with people before Clare, knew the twin Goddess.

I don't think that Claymores, except by Ophelia who was actually a victim, are that cold-hearted.
They just live in a world where their strength and their hope are all that is left for them.
Old 2007-11-03, 10:57   Link #203
Mikke
Sleepy Male Claymore

I completely disagree with that. Those claymores you speak of are only Clare and Teresa who consequently found faith after finding a reason to live. Teresa didn't smile because she was happy, but because she was mocking everything and everyone around her. A rain of irony poured on her with the knowledge of yoma being "directed" by the organization towards towns that couldn't afford to pay, or with humans who fear yoma but occasionally behave even worse.... instances are probably limitless... Buut... then she met Clare and remember what it was like being human and suddenly remember some old stories about The Twin Godesses... Maybe even found faith, who know? the point is that she probably knew she was going to die.

Clare's the same.... Only that she was driven by rage from the beginning and found a bit of faith when she met Raki. I sencerely doubt that she had any before.... After being through all that crap She wouldn't turn to faith.... gimme a break.
Old 2007-11-03, 11:03   Link #204
cf18
Mecha Pilot

Clarice has been shown to be rather smart, e.g. counting the old claymore grave carefully instead of just ignoring it. May be that is how she survive the final exam with her weak power.

What will Miata do if Sid do his usual thing and force kiss the #47?

A: Kick him.
B: Kill him.
C: Call him papa.
Old 2007-11-03, 11:04   Link #205
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Meh. Knowing a religion isn't the same as having a religion.

All Claymores are trained to smile like like prostitutes or act reserved like noblewomen. They're probably given enough info to not sound like complete idiots whenever religion comes up in the conversation.
Old 2007-11-03, 11:06   Link #206
Sassarai
Army of One

Some reason I don't imagine it will be a happy reunion when Raki meets Clare. Raki is probably very strong by now and more attach to Prissy and Easley.
Old 2007-11-03, 11:09   Link #207
airguitar316
ClaymoreDragonaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by cf18 View Post
Clarice has been shown to be rather smart, e.g. counting the old claymore grave carefully instead of just ignoring it. May be that is how she survive the final exam with her weak power.

Didn't he do the same thing to the ORIGINAL # 47? Just imagine if one of those 2 stepped in and held Clare instead of Raki, then we have a brand new series without Raki.
Old 2007-11-03, 11:41   Link #208
Mikke
Sleepy Male Claymore

When a claymore hits numbr one, she doesn't smile like a prostitute anymore. That unless she wants to...
Old 2007-11-03, 11:45   Link #209
Nesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tevourious View Post
Miata is so gonna awaken.... very similar situation as Priss vs Teresa, Shes angry, frustrated and out of control. I sense a near Teresa Caliber disaster brewing here.

Also, I think Raphaela may be in cahoots with Galatea... Just call it a hunch. I think they hooked up right after the stink Lucy died.
good point, i wouldn't be surprised either if miata actually awakened due to fustration. she's not the most stable of claymores now is she :P

as for as galatea + raphaela are concerned, if it really is true. can we call that the blind tag team of claymore lol?
Old 2007-11-03, 11:46   Link #210
Sassarai
Army of One

No, because Raph isnt blind.
Old 2007-11-03, 11:55   Link #211
Nesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
No, because Raph isnt blind.
not in a literal sense since she lost one eye but i mean come on, 2 claymores with scars on their eyes fighting yoma..... >_<
Old 2007-11-03, 11:59   Link #212
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nesty View Post
not in a literal sense since she lost one eye but i mean come on, 2 claymores with scars on their eyes fighting yoma..... >_<
No no no no doesnt sound cool at all. Try again
Old 2007-11-03, 12:42   Link #213
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cf18 View Post

D: Declare she wants a little brother or sister. NOW.
Old 2007-11-03, 12:45   Link #214
Tevourious

Oh btw, everyone seemed shocked at first to see a male awakened being. But just about all of them so far have been males.

Rosemary
Riful
Hilda
Priss
Ophelia
Ophelia's um friend
Jeans Friend

then you got all the guys
Isley
Rigardo
Duff
Blind AO in pieta
Turtle AO in pieta
Miria's "target in pieta
First seen Male awakened one.
the group that owned Clarice's friends
The group that Alicia killed looked all male
the group that Duph encountered looked male too.

Well they did say males do it more, I guess thats true. Man you'd think they'd have stop making them after the first 5 or so LOL cripes.
Old 2007-11-03, 12:55   Link #215
Tevourious

I too thin Galatea will eventually be snatched by Riful Its the worse thing that could happen which makes for great drama, BUT it won't happen for a little while I think. Clare OR oddly Miata and Clarice will have to make friends with her first, to make it all the more Tragic. An awakened Galatea would be scary indeed.
Old 2007-11-03, 13:30   Link #216
Sassarai
Army of One

/cheer the translated version is out.
Old 2007-11-03, 13:40   Link #217
Mikke
Sleepy Male Claymore

Why would riful chase galatea? I doub't she still wants her as her ally, well.... Not that she has any perticular interest in her.... So she can manipulate yoki, so what?
She made it clear when duff was fighting galatea in the cave that those mind tricks only work on idiots like him.
Old 2007-11-03, 13:44   Link #218
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikke View Post
Why would riful chase galatea? I doub't she still wants her as her ally, well.... Not that she has any perticular interest in her.... So she can manipulate yoki, so what?
She made it clear when duff was fighting galatea in the cave that those mind tricks only work on idiots like him.
OMG DID YOU EVEN READ CHAP 71?!!
Old 2007-11-03, 13:49   Link #219
Flar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate_Archer View Post
I think that the better comparison for the new way Galatea sense things would be with Teresa's ability,
[...]
It explain why she dodged and evaded so skilfully Miata's blows, which she wasn't manipulating at that time.
It doesn't explain how she senses normal humans, buildings, or even her own Claymore, though. You think there is Yoki in everything, or Yoki waves reflected by landscape, that she could process like a radar, or something? (cause if you say she uses sound, touch, or smell, then it is like Miata.
Old 2007-11-03, 13:57   Link #220
Sassarai
Army of One

After reading the subbed chapter..

Galatea seems like shes really happy living among humans.
She said that she was let in a couple of years ago.... a couple isnt 7 years so something must of caused her to lose her eye before that and maybe she just kept it that way in order to stay in rabona. o_O. Uh oh I feel like an extra scene is comming up...
Also they mentioned the villagers were disappearing and now something is comming at the end of the chapter. Hmm must be something very strong my guess o_O Sounds like the fight will get interrupted.
Closed Thread