AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 37 31.90%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 25.86%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 23.28%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 10.34%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 4.31%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.72%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.86%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.72%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-23, 13:34   Link #321
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
You deserve a cookie. I was waiting for someone to point out that they might just not know what the heck they were. So in the future then, nukes shouldn't work against them like that, all things being equal i.e. no Ranka bashing their heads in.
How do nukes work in space, though? You say the Vajra should have been able to escape, but in a vacuum, nukes just produce gamma rays and neutrons. Vajra can't outrun those.

But what's funny is, it's not what we saw. We saw expanding balls of gas? plasma?, presumably very hot, which annihilated the Vajra. So, really, how do you think those weapons work, and why should Vajras be able to escape?

Quote:
Alto was plot coddled though. Technically speaking he shouldn't have even arrived at that battle like he did, since the Vajra are supposed to be masters of Fold space, and Alto was at least a day behind them using the booster he had.
He was minutes behind them climbing out of Gallia 4's gravity well, and he had LAI's new booster. No reason he should be a day behind. Counting on the unknown comparative effects of the space wedgies on the Vajra and Alto's applied phlebotinum, they could have argued anything. Alto arriving one day later, sure, but also arriving ahead of them.
Old 2008-07-23, 13:40   Link #322
Tabris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
I appreciate suspension of disbelief when it comes to super tech and magic, and things of that nature. Disbelief arises when I see characters acting like idiots and being babied by the plot and writers all for the sake of appearances.
Then you should sit back and take it easy. It's only a show after all. Even if you find it extremely stupid and unbearable in parts, it's not going to effect your every day life, so just sit back and [try to] enjoy the show.
Old 2008-07-23, 13:56   Link #323
sekidousai
Ra-ou
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabris View Post
Then you should sit back and take it easy. It's only a show after all. Even if you find it extremely stupid and unbearable in parts, it's not going to effect your every day life, so just sit back and [try to] enjoy the show.
lolz, ...
Old 2008-07-23, 16:14   Link #324
Sleepy100
*snore**snore* zzz.......

Or you can just stop watching it if you really dislike it that much.

Also I highly doubt that everyone is fighting at 11km/s. First and foremost, 11km/s in reference to what object? Second, in comparison: uranium-depleted shells fired from a tank in reference to the tank itself is 5km/s (or was it 7?), Avg NATO 5.56 round in reference to gunner is around 700m/s, Avg 9mm in reference to gunner is 500m/s. So I highly doubt they were fighting each other at 11km/s.
Old 2008-07-23, 16:45   Link #325
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Well, they could rush each other and close the distance at a rate of 11 km/s. They'd shoot each other for a few seconds, make a u-turn, and make another pass in a few dozen minutes. (how long depends on how much acceleration they can produce). Or maybe fold in position for the second pass? Can they do that?
Old 2008-07-23, 16:56   Link #326
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Well, they could rush each other and close the distance at a rate of 11 km/s. They'd shoot each other for a few seconds, make a u-turn, and make another pass in a few dozen minutes. (how long depends on how much acceleration they can produce). Or maybe fold in position for the second pass? Can they do that?
You cannot apply real-world physics to how space combat in Macross is portrayed.

If you want to see a, well, more or less realistical approach, watch Babylon 5, how the Star Furies are used by humanity.

Space combat in Macross has much more to do with WWII dogfights ( like lots of sci-fi genres.... Star Wars, for example ).
Old 2008-07-23, 17:37   Link #327
rainnydaiis
Let it Rain

Send a message via MSN to rainnydaiis
I'm just loving every single episode and how this anime is progressing. And Diamond Crevasse by Ranka, was wonderful
Old 2008-07-23, 17:48   Link #328
Darial
Otaku in disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainnydaiis View Post
I'm just loving every single episode and how this anime is progressing.
Agree.

Quote:
And Diamond Crevasse by Ranka, was wonderful
We'll definitely have to agree to disagree on that.
Old 2008-07-23, 17:50   Link #329
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
I'm just loving every single episode and how this anime is progressing.
Ehhh, maybe except 8, that one took a dip. Big time.

Quote:
And Diamond Crevasse by Ranka, was wonderful
Oh boy, had you say 'What bout my Star', I'd agree, but DC?

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-07-23, 18:45   Link #330
Sleepy100
*snore**snore* zzz.......

Ranka's DC wasn't bad. Kind of reminds me of the Church Choir, though I have to agree that Sheryl's DC was better.
Old 2008-07-23, 20:53   Link #331
sekidousai
Ra-ou
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy100 View Post

Ranka's DC wasn't bad. Kind of reminds me of the Church Choir, though I have to agree that Sheryl's DC was better.
I believe that DC version was supposed to be a Duet, Kanno also adjusted the song for Megumi. I hope there will be another Duet Concert in the future. The song was more of a modern mainstream pop.I think to make it easier to sing., But still i'd rather sing "atashi no kare wa piloto"(remembers Exsedol rendition,priceless) and my personal favorite xiao pai long. err for the frontier series i lov'em all. I wish they would make a makeover for Sheryl's concert routine. I also noticed the opening theme did not change, same with the original and M7, following tradition perhaps.
Old 2008-07-24, 01:16   Link #332
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
just finished watch episode 15
hmmm i more like Sheryl DC than Ranka DC about "what about my star" they two did a great job
^_^
when i heard Ranka sang DC i felt like ....... not very good she sang the song
Old 2008-07-24, 01:27   Link #333
anime ronin
death by animeoverdos X_X

when ranka sang DC it was pretty average, not as good as sheryll's

PIRATES DOCKING 6!!! GIANT ROBOT SOLDIER!!! BIG EMPEROR!!!
Old 2008-07-24, 06:51   Link #334
kilroy0097
Michiko Malandro = Sexy

So I watched it again and the scene where Sheryl and Ranka are singing in competition for Alto, I actually do think they really complement each other very well. Sheryl still likes Ranka and thinks of her as a protege while Ranka looks up to Sheryl as a her musical idol. I think you really see that when she coughs and collapses. Alto showing concern and so does Ranka. Sheryl tells them both that she will be ok, once to Alto and then she turns her head to Ranka. So she is certainly holding concern for both of them as they do for her. It's a true triangle because Alto is has to choose between two girls and both girls want him but both girls also like each other.

Also I noticed there were slight chord changes in DC sung by Ranka to give it a more major rather than minor note set to perhaps compliment her voice better. So they did modify the song slight for her.
Old 2008-07-24, 11:16   Link #335
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

Of all the things discussed by the voices inside Grace, there was no mention of Ranka's little green pet. Now I see where their downfall lies.
Old 2008-07-24, 12:24   Link #336
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilroy0097 View Post
So I watched it again and the scene where Sheryl and Ranka are singing in competition for Alto, I actually do think they really complement each other very well. Sheryl still likes Ranka and thinks of her as a protege while Ranka looks up to Sheryl as a her musical idol. I think you really see that when she coughs and collapses. Alto showing concern and so does Ranka. Sheryl tells them both that she will be ok, once to Alto and then she turns her head to Ranka. So she is certainly holding concern for both of them as they do for her. It's a true triangle because Alto is has to choose between two girls and both girls want him but both girls also like each other.

Also I noticed there were slight chord changes in DC sung by Ranka to give it a more major rather than minor note set to perhaps compliment her voice better. So they did modify the song slight for her.
It's too bad Ranka couldn't show any concern for Sheryl in episode 12...
Old 2008-07-24, 14:06   Link #337
Dop
Mmmm....

I can't quite decide what I've seen...
A shameless plug for the soundtrack album, or the BEST RECAP EPISODE EVER!!!
Maybe both!

The bit where Ranka and Sheryl launched into an impromptu duet over Alto was just fantastic.
Old 2008-07-25, 13:41   Link #338
Seska

Well, sorry to be late here.. But did i oversaw some Rumors about the Guys and Girls from Galaxy fleet?

You don't know what i am talking about? Well, the voices at the beginning. And these Crystals.. Did they use them to transport Data or Sound waves into space? Like Subspace communication in Enterprise world?

And i think the Galaxy scientist succeeded in separate the Body from the Human Soul.. That explains the Voices at the beginning.. and perhaps they "store" the members of the Galaxy fleet in same way, and download them into some Bio products.. Like we saw a glimpse of Sherly arrive at Frontier, inside the shuttle...

(well, hope speculate is allowed here!)
Old 2008-07-26, 15:52   Link #339
Tsukiyomi
step closer to Amaterasu

The ranka and sheryl duet killed me

*nosebleeds*
Old 2008-11-11, 10:00   Link #340
Liddo-kun
is this so?

The story is getting so good.

I pity Sheryl though, have the feeling that she will have tough times ahead of her.
Closed Thread