AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-06-05, 20:52   Link #1201
SimplyBill
King

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
I was wondering wasnt that mirror made that the user would see a fated person... I mean a person where the one that looks into it would be the happiest (like they are fated to meet or maybe end up with at the end...)
You made me remember the time when Hayate had a delusion of Maria saying "This is Unmei. In English, it means destiny." back in volume 1.
SimplyBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-05, 21:05   Link #1202
primuler
Love For 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I don't remember anything suggesting Athena being unable to see her. Also, even if it was Hayate's memory, she'd be able to see it. When Hayate was watching his mother, Athena could also see her. So, since the chances for Hayate having met Maria before are quite slim, the normal assumption would be that Athena's memory was being reflected and not his.
Reading the volume again, I partly agree with you there, but I still think it's Hayate's memory which called Maria. Who knows. Maybe the mirror shows people you will know in the future as well. Hayate called out A-tan. Though I'm sure he meant by Athena, Maria could be shortened as A-tan too(of course, Ma-tan would be more correct term, but still).

The reason why I thought Athena wasn't able to see what Hayate saw in the mirror was because she said something like 'Don't flatter me like that, it's kind of embarrassing' (I thought she was expecting Hayate to see her) and she got angry when Hayate said 'I dunno how it works, but I can see a very cute girl there!' I mean, Athena could guess that Hayate was looking at his mother from his facial expression...

There's one mystery though. Providing that Athena could see what Hayate could see, why did Athena smile when she saw Maria on the mirror then?

Last edited by primuler; 2009-06-05 at 21:18.
primuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-05, 22:01   Link #1203
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by primuler View Post
Hayate called out A-tan. Though I'm sure he meant by Athena, Maria could be shortened as A-tan too(of course, Ma-tan would be more correct term, but still).
Hayate asked Athena who that cute girl was; so, I think it is not possible he knew her name.

Quote:
The reason why I thought Athena wasn't able to see what Hayate saw in the mirror was because she said something like 'Don't flatter me like that, it's kind of embarrassing' (I thought she was expecting Hayate to see her) and she got angry when Hayate said 'I dunno how it works, but I can see a very cute girl there!' I mean, Athena could guess that Hayate was looking at his mother from his facial expression...
I always thought she felt flattered because of Hayate's reaction toward that device. You know, as in "I know I just showed you something cool, but there's no need to overreact." She probably thought Hayate was praising her because she impressed him with that device.

Quote:
There's one mystery though. Providing that Athena could see what Hayate could see, why did Athena smile when she saw Maria on the mirror then?
I don't think she smiled because of Maria's image. Before Hayate said anything, Athena was a bit gloomy for some reason regarding her name, then she heard a surprised Hayate and she brightened up (probably because she knew she now had company, and someone who'd call her name).
Old 2009-06-06, 03:33   Link #1204
primuler
Love For 3D

Quote:
Hayate asked Athena who that cute girl was; so, I think it is not possible he knew her name.
Well, yes. but I said Hayate meant to call out Athena, not Maria.

Actually I had this idea that maybe Maria's real name (the one her biological parents gave) might start with 'A'.
Old 2009-06-06, 04:07   Link #1205
Used Can

Quote:
Actually I had this idea that maybe Maria's real name (the one her biological parents gave) might start with 'A'.
That may be possible, but he had no idea who that girl was, since he was asking Athena who that girl was.

Anyway, as for 227's spoiler:

Spoiler:
Old 2009-06-06, 04:22   Link #1206
primuler
Love For 3D

Quote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler for I think you've read it correctly.:
Old 2009-06-06, 15:05   Link #1207
Tom Bombadil

Spoiler pics for ch227.
Old 2009-06-06, 15:11   Link #1208
vixens

so hayate meets up with a-tan
vixens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-06, 18:29   Link #1209
Used Can

Quote:
Spoiler for I think you've read it correctly.:
Thanks mate
Anyway, I wonder if she'll try to get her revenge?

By the way, as I wanted it, Athena's VA is Ayako Kawasumi.
Old 2009-06-06, 22:58   Link #1210
primuler
Love For 3D

Spoiler for And yeah... about the sister:
Old 2009-06-06, 23:26   Link #1211
Used Can

Oh yeah, I was wondering, has anyone else noticed the Sanzen'in are an odd bunch? Early in the story, we knew Nagi could listen to ghosts (remember when Hayate and Hina ended up in that old school building?). Isumi doesn't need an explanation. Then, we were also told Sakuya was able to see father Linn (in addition to the previous to girls).

If I remember correctly, Wataru was also able to see the priest, but after looking at his mother, it seems his family isn't normal either.

I wonder if there's more to this.
Old 2009-06-06, 23:41   Link #1212
GDB

Not sure what you're alluding to about Hayate and Hina being in the old school building, and what that has to do with Nagi.

As for people being able to see the Father, didn't he say anyone who was there when the church was destroyed could see him? That would basically imply Hayate, Nagi, Hina, Sakuya, Isumi, Wataru, the Sister, and Yukiji can see him.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-07, 01:53   Link #1213
9taileddemon

Why Sakuya? She never went to the church.

The thing with Nagi and the ghosts I think was more just for the gag, not too be taken seriously.

My guess is that Isumi gave Sakuya the ability to see the priest. Since Sakuya goes out with Isumi demon hunting every so often she has probably been given unusual abilities so she won't be dead weight. The ability to see ghosts is probably one of them.

9taileddemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-07, 03:14   Link #1214
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Not sure what you're alluding to about Hayate and Hina being in the old school building, and what that has to do with Nagi.
During that chapter, Nagi gave Hayate a phone call. At some point, she asked Hayate whose voices were the ones she was listening to, and that scared Hayate because there was no one around them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
As for people being able to see the Father, didn't he say anyone who was there when the church was destroyed could see him? That would basically imply Hayate, Nagi, Hina, Sakuya, Isumi, Wataru, the Sister, and Yukiji can see him.
Ah... I forgot about that. I was just checking one chapter in which it was pointed out Sakuya was able to see him, and I thought it was really odd the three of them (Nagi, Isumi and Sakuya) seemed to have some sort of affinity for spirits.
Old 2009-06-07, 05:10   Link #1215
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
ZZzzzz.....huh?! did someone mentioned about A-Tan??...

*Wake up happily*
Where?.....

*read 227 spoiler*
Aaahh...Ojousama...Hey!?Hayate give her his Stone!!
Wow! can't wait for next encounter with Royal Garden, it will bring Hayate romantic memory back

*Book a ticket to go to Bookstore*
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-07, 11:11   Link #1216
xellos2099

Am I the only one who don;t like A-tan at all? I find her to be really annoying and selfish.
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-07, 12:28   Link #1217
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos2099 View Post
Am I the only one who don;t like A-tan at all? I find her to be really annoying and selfish.
Well she way more stylish than Nagi for that matter...
Old 2009-06-07, 12:53   Link #1218
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos2099 View Post
Because she is elegant and have a nice body.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-07, 13:14   Link #1219
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9taileddemon View Post
Why Sakuya? She never went to the church.
That's right. I kept mixing up that scene and the one earlier where Gilbert kidnapped Nagi... which also resulted in an underground area being blown up.

Quote:
My guess is that Isumi gave Sakuya the ability to see the priest. Since Sakuya goes out with Isumi demon hunting every so often she has probably been given unusual abilities so she won't be dead weight. The ability to see ghosts is probably one of them.
This is probably a good reason.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-07, 13:55   Link #1220
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
@xellos2099
And she is the girl that save Hayate from depression in his childhood, teach him with Buttler-skill, Swordmanship, even bring out his potential by magic.

She give Hayate 2nd chance to life or may be other Girls including Flatchested-Pink Haired-with a bunch of fans-President council will never meet or fall in love with him.

Even the Loli-Flat chested-Blonde haired-Ojousama will never help this miserable boy, if A-Tan doesn't help him or help him but never let him go from the Royal Garden in the past

so..give some respect to Hayate 1st Ojousama will ya?

personally, I'll dislike other girl once A-Tan joining "the Love battle for the Butler in Debt", but since there no other choice then let's just follow the flow
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen