AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-29, 23:44   Link #101
marvelB

So a couple more pics came out (most likely the last ones before the full chap comes out). In the flashback Ace tells Whitebeard that he's Roger's son and wonders what he's going to do to him now. Whitebeard simply laughs and tells him that everyone's a son of the ocean (at least, according to someone who translated the line at AP). All of this sentimental stuff makes me even more certain that Whitebeard is going to meet his end this storyline......
Old 2009-07-30, 00:15   Link #102
Master Mold
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13
I know what it says, and I'm saying the databook isn't canon.
Your crazy.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I'm not so sure about this.
I am.

Quote:
Crocodile is also a logia user, which makes him invulnerable against all physical attacks. Not only that, but what would fire be able to do to sand, and vice versa?
Turn Croc into glass, Heck I think Croc would back the hell up off of Ace simply because of the unwritten rule on the waves, censoring the Whitebeard Pirates.

Quote:
Moria's doppleman cannot be destroyed by any means and it can pretty much be considered a pseudo logia entity. His swapping position technique would also be really useful in evading Ace's flame attacks. In other words, they have the tools they need to even the playing field against Ace.
If Moria's Doppler clone was that good, he would have owned that fatigued/weakened Luffy long ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Why couldn't Whitebeard have decided to make Ace the Pirate King solely because Ace is his rival's son? It certainly doesn't appear to be on strength alone that Whitebeard is basing his desires on (considering that Ace is below Whitebeard in strength), and it certainly seems possible that Ace has decided to make Whitebeard the Pirate King solely because he was his biological father's rival (this is probably also why he sought to fight Whitebeard). So, it stands to reason that Whitebeard wants Ace to be Pirate King for more emotional reasons than anything else.
I never said Whitebeard wanted to make Ace Pirate king because of his strength.....so yeah.

Last edited by Master Mold; 2009-07-30 at 00:26.
Old 2009-07-30, 01:27   Link #103
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Mold View Post
I never said Whitebeard wanted to make Ace Pirate king because of his strength.....so yeah.
Very well. Shanks vouches for Luffy; that is comparable to Whitebeard vouching for Ace (which meets your earlier demands of knowing of a pirate of similar reputation to Whitebeard that would back Luffy).
Old 2009-07-30, 01:43   Link #104
Master Mold
Banned

Talking

O yeah that scrub......I don't see shanks as Newgates equal, Newgates equal is dead. lol
Old 2009-07-30, 04:15   Link #105
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
So a couple more pics came out (most likely the last ones before the full chap comes out). In the flashback Ace tells Whitebeard that he's Roger's son and wonders what he's going to do to him now. Whitebeard simply laughs and tells him that everyone's a son of the ocean (at least, according to someone who translated the line at AP). All of this sentimental stuff makes me even more certain that Whitebeard is going to meet his end this storyline......
Yeah, everything is building up to a pseudo-Obi Wan Moment or a Heroic Sacrifice moment. If I wasn't sure of the possibility of Whitebeard's death before, after these past 2 chapters I am more or less convinced.

Last edited by james0246; 2009-07-30 at 04:29.
Old 2009-07-30, 04:16   Link #106
seiji_kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Mold View Post
O yeah that scrub......I don't see shanks as Newgates equal, Newgates equal is dead. lol
So Ace track record is superior to Luffy's just cause he has the backing from the world strongest which seems partly due to him beeing Roger's son.

That's some fine reasoning even if nothing suggests that Ace did stunts like taking down 2 warlords, finding the golden bell clearing Norland lies, taking down EL, hitting a tenryuubito, beeing the first man on AI, beeing the first person who managed to penetrate ID and beeing the main cause of ID mass prison outbreak. Maybe Oda should've made OP about Ace and not Luffy.

Luffy is the future pirate king and the protagonist so for me it's like a given that his adventure would be more impressive and interesting then anyone ever. Even WB or Roger himself.

Oh chapter came out while typing this comment.

edit: Oda always deliver, another chapter that's just to awesome. Finally we get to see WB shine. I always was one of those guys who thougth he was way to arrogant due to the conversation with Shanks but this chapter does shed a lot of light why he said those words. This guy is going to grow so much on me if he keeps kicking ass like this while smirking.

Best panel were Ace and Teach eating together, now I even understand more why BB wanted Ace so bad. And WB reads papers, learn from him Luffy :P ! Kind of makes me wonder if he shouldn't have seen Luffy's picture bye now and that he kind of should've figured out who this kid is bye the hat. Though guess for plotreasons those papers magicly don't appear in front of him. At least Luffy will remind him of Roger.

Last edited by seiji_kun; 2009-07-30 at 04:47.
Old 2009-07-30, 06:21   Link #107
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

"this era will come to an end" so sad someone's got to die. i guess oda does'nt do anything small in that the first death will be an event that will leave it's mark.
Old 2009-07-30, 06:52   Link #108
hat_hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Its impossible to turn sand into glass just by heating it up. Its a common misconception. Making glass requires a more complicated technique then just heating it up.
Good thing One Piece conforms to modern science, then.
Old 2009-07-30, 07:28   Link #109
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Actually intense heat does turn sand into glass, it will need high temperatures of 2000 degrees and more.

The high temperature will melt sand and cause them to fuse together, depending on how fast they cool, you can have different forms of glass.

It happens all the time during volcanic eruptions, volcanic material are usually volcanic glass. The super heated molten material flies through the air and cools to become glass when the reach the ground.

In one part of Sahara you can find large chunks of glass strewn all over the place or under the sand. It was caused by an asteroid impact several thousand years ago. The impact caused a huge sand crater and formed a radius of melted sand that cool and fused into glass.

Even lightning strikes can turn sand into glass, it even leaves a streak path into the ground formed by glass.

If you use a blowtorch and heat sand, they will react the same way and eventually fuse and cool into glass.

@The One Piece Yellow Databook:

Actually it doesn't say Zoro is as strong as Luffy. Its saying that Zoro has high battle capability like Luffy. Its just saying both of them has high battle capability, you can even include Sanji in the same sentence.

The exact line says: "Having a high battle capability like Luffy, he will be the first to dash forward when needed."
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2009-07-30, 08:13   Link #110
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Actually intense heat does turn sand into glass, it will need high temperatures of 2000 degrees and more.
Yah but fire doesn't reach 2000 degrees.

And good chapter. WB seems like a good guy. And quake quake fruit wow. Never could hve imagined..

Quote:
Good thing One Piece conforms to modern science, then.
-.-
I'm just saying....
Old 2009-07-30, 08:18   Link #111
Casshern

Luffy knew it all along!!!! OMG I still haven't gotten past the first page I said LUFFY KNEW IT ALL ALOOOOONG!!!

/heartattack
Old 2009-07-30, 08:24   Link #112
game2007

Quote:

You can believe whatever you want.

Its impossible to turn sand into glass just by heating it up. Its a common misconception. Making glass requires a more complicated technique then just heating it up.
So are you implying that Franky doesn't come from South Blue?
Old 2009-07-30, 08:34   Link #113
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
So are you implying that Franky doesn't come from South Blue?
No I'm just saying that some things are confirmed by Oda (like the VA names), and some information are not and so can not be considered canon.

Whats your problem anyway?

Quote:
Luffy knew it all along!!!! OMG I still haven't gotten past the first page I said LUFFY KNEW IT ALL ALOOOOONG!!!
Its interesting how Luffy knew who Ace's father was, but didn't know his own until recently.
Old 2009-07-30, 08:34   Link #114
andy

Chapter was pretty good , Luffy did just what grap did back at water 7 lol.
Also i wonder how many times a day ace try to kill WB to get to 100 attempts lol
Old 2009-07-30, 09:16   Link #115
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

For some reason Oda's just trying to give Ace such a huge reputation with all those sudden "Roger's son, uber-super-duber non df abilities (that no one seen so far) and blahblah...Which makes me think that Ace wont survive this.

Also I'll admit that for me Ace is just a walking logia...And no matter what Auge says he'd be damn pathetic without his devil fruit.He is no more than just our regular grunt when his devil fruit is off.Tell me if Im wrong and show me a goddamn proof that ace doing something with his uber cool non-df abilities.
Old 2009-07-30, 09:17   Link #116
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight

Send a message via MSN to Vampire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post
Spoiler for :
LOL, well depicted. But I'm still up for blood logia because it's more violent than the other 2 which fits Akainu's personality.
Spoiler for chp 552:
Old 2009-07-30, 09:57   Link #117
Sho-tan
Seitenkan's Shota

Well it is the 'quake quake' fruit.
Old 2009-07-30, 09:58   Link #118
kakakka

Quote:
Yah but fire doesn't reach 2000 degrees.
I think it depends on the material burning/releasing the energy to make fire.
Old 2009-07-30, 10:30   Link #119
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Uh, yes it is. It is from the Data Books that we knew the WB pirates had 16 Divisions. It was the Databooks which revealed the name of WB's ship, he names of the Bustercall Vice-Admirals etc etc.

They are canon, whether you want to accept it or not.
Old 2009-07-30, 11:36   Link #120
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
I'm surprised that Luffy already knew that Ace was the son of Gol D. Roger, hmm.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Closed Thread