AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Aquarion EVOL - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 8 17.39%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 26.09%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 34.78%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 10.87%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 6.52%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.17%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.17%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-23, 09:12   Link #81
Krytonis
Koomi-kun~
*Graphic Designer

I'm gonna be honest, I really thought that their new attack was going to be called "banana punch" .... Don't get me wrong
Old 2012-04-23, 09:20   Link #82
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximillionus View Post
I still can't tell and I want to know yalls opinion on it. Was Mikonos reaction to Zessica saying Amata rejected her but she will still love him a relieved smile or a ...This girl is borderline crazy and those sweat drops are signs of concern? Cause I'm leaning towards the crazy cause of personal experience and because of the preview for the next episode

Girls with low self esteem don't like competition.That's why she's afraid.

She doesn't have any reason to though. Amata would still be after her even if she started slaughtering puppies and kitten for the lulz.
Old 2012-04-23, 09:33   Link #83
miketyson

I'd like to think it's the writers having Zessica lampshade something that came up last week: if Aquarion goes berserk when love gets involved, why hasn't it gone berserk all this time Amata and Mikono have been flying together?

Under that interpretation, what Zessica said would paraphrase as: "Yes, he turned me down, but I realized either your feelings aren't love or aren't mutual, so I'm not giving up so easily." The writing on this show has been a bit spotty so it's hard to say if that's what the writers were thinking or not.

About the preview:
Spoiler for Preview:
Old 2012-04-23, 09:55   Link #84
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
I'd like to think it's the writers having Zessica lampshade something that came up last week: if Aquarion goes berserk when love gets involved, why hasn't it gone berserk all this time Amata and Mikono have been flying together?

Under that interpretation, what Zessica said would paraphrase as: "Yes, he turned me down, but I realized either your feelings aren't love or aren't mutual, so I'm not giving up so easily." The writing on this show has been a bit spotty so it's hard to say if that's what the writers were thinking or not.

About the preview:
Spoiler for Preview:
It would nice. I didn't really know what to do with what she said until you came up with this interpretation. It seems like Mikono is clever than me because she clearly understood the war declaration (hence the scared face).

Spoiler for :
Old 2012-04-23, 10:01   Link #85
Vena
Carpe Diem

Mike: We're slated for two character backgrounds that have been hanging around ominously like Boo's creeping up on you and every time you try to look for them, they disappear: Amata's background and why his mother left him, and Zessica's background of... well she doesn't have one.

Quote:
I still can't tell and I want to know yalls opinion on it. Was Mikonos reaction to Zessica saying Amata rejected her but she will still love him a relieved smile or a ...This girl is borderline crazy and those sweat drops are signs of concern? Cause I'm leaning towards the crazy cause of personal experience and because of the preview for the next episode
Seemed to me like she was getting called out, more or less, and Zessica hit the nail on the head while also, for real now, declaring herself the competition. Prior to this? There really was nothing more than Mikono overreacting to every little detail but now Zessica has spelled it out for her: "Here I am, I love him, and I'm not going to stop."
Old 2012-04-23, 10:11   Link #86
wisteria233

Quote:
well her face looks as though she's experiencing a myrad of emotions at that moment, like happy and then nervous at the same time.

Because of Zessica's words to her, telling Mikono that Amata rejected her, but then pointing out that their relationship isn't mutual so she can still case after him to her heart's content, and will do so.

Which really makes we think, we've never seen Mikono actually try to case after Amata, or call him out, in fact, she's always been on the receiving end with Amata basically being the one to ask her out, start conversations and everything in between. Yet, she likes the attention she gets from Amata and gets jealous if he spends time with other girls, but she never makes an effort to spend any time with him herself.
Old 2012-04-23, 10:31   Link #87
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
Mike: We're slated for two character backgrounds that have been hanging around ominously like Boo's creeping up on you and every time you try to look for them, they disappear: Amata's background and why his mother left him, and Zessica's background of... well she doesn't have one.

Seemed to me like she was getting called out, more or less, and Zessica hit the nail on the head while also, for real now, declaring herself the competition. Prior to this? There really was nothing more than Mikono overreacting to every little detail but now Zessica has spelled it out for her: "Here I am, I love him, and I'm not going to stop."

Now the question is : will Mikono starts to make efforts or will it have the contrary effect with her withdrawing completelly. Or will Kawamori pull something completelly unexpected from his hat in that regard.
Old 2012-04-23, 10:50   Link #88
pingva

I loved that part when Zessica pointed out that Mikono's and Amata's "love" isn't mutual.
Old 2012-04-23, 11:04   Link #89
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingva View Post
I loved that part when Zessica pointed out that Mikono's and Amata's "love" isn't mutual.
It's good to see I'm not completelly off with my interpretation of what is going on so far.

The lampshading of things I find annoying eases the butthurt a bit.
Old 2012-04-23, 11:10   Link #90
joshuafaramir
Book Elitist

I have no idea why I still watch this super cheesy series. Maybe because of the super Japanese originality they're showing us like. Robot orgasm, Banana punch, SUPER LOVE ATTACK.

I want some Mikuru Beam-u please.
Old 2012-04-23, 11:13   Link #91
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuafaramir View Post
I have no idea why I still watch this super cheesy series. Maybe because of the super Japanese originality they're showing us like. Robot orgasm, Banana punch, SUPER LOVE ATTACK.

I want some Mikuru Beam-u please.
I don't know about you, but I'm still watching this because of the glorious cheese.

Though I suspect your reasons might not be too different....
Old 2012-04-23, 11:19   Link #92
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

I cracked up laughing my ass off after watching this and the last episode.

Rank... erm, I mean... Sazanka's abilities fit her personality almost too perfectly, since she is fujo... Nice touch on the swimsuit too, way to break it!

Oh, Kawamori... that was golden...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koominator View Post
I really thought that their new attack was going to be called "banana punch" ....
It was. Funny point +1

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2012-04-23 at 11:42.
Old 2012-04-23, 11:25   Link #93
joshuafaramir
Book Elitist

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
I don't know about you, but I'm still watching this because of the glorious cheese.

Though I suspect your reasons might not be too different....
Yeah well, the CHEESE is just too much. It makes me wanna say out loud "SERIOUSLY"

Anyway, I'm watching this because of:

Now, I'd be sorely impressed if yall know where that's from.
Old 2012-04-23, 11:40   Link #94
com_gwp

Quote:
Yeah well, the CHEESE is just too much. It makes me wanna say out loud "SERIOUSLY"
Fair enough. This episode did get a bit too ridiculous for my taste.
Old 2012-04-23, 11:43   Link #95
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
This episode did get a bit too ridiculous for my taste.
LOL, for a super robot show, I thought Aquarion itself was already outrageously ridiculous. Even by Japanese standards

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2012-04-23, 12:04   Link #96
ookamigirl

Top secret banana mission LOL
This mission is more like a typical day on the beach.
A summer fun episode, at least for one part.
Andy... guess you can't really ban love ^^
The sudden winter outburst mixed with Andy's bad mood brought something positive.
Mixed bath union?! Who comes up with those names ROFL

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2012-04-23, 13:08   Link #97
Slivius

Quote:

Now, I'd be sorely impressed if yall know where that's from.
Judging from the way the curtains and the speck on the wall are drawn, I'd say FMA.

Pretty entertaining episode though, but what was up with that dress?
The "Cherub" reminded me of Fafner.

I'm beginning to wonder whether Amata is a reincarnating of someone at all. Having no scent and all. No Kagura in this episode either! Did he die?
Old 2012-04-23, 13:30   Link #98
TehSanity
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slivius View Post
I'm beginning to wonder whether Amata is a reincarnating of someone at all. Having no scent and all. No Kagura in this episode either! Did he die?
I'm still pretty convinced that both Amata and Kagura are both reincarnations of Apollo. You don't notice your own personal scent, hence why Kagura does not detect any smell from Amata.

Being the 'beach' episode and all, I was expecting Mykage to drop Kagura on the island to have some fun.

Unfortunately we got a Cherubium instead. Seeing Kagura in a swimsuit would please many a fangirl.
Old 2012-04-23, 13:36   Link #99
Slivius

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehSanity View Post
You don't notice your own personal scent, hence why Kagura does not detect any smell from Amata.
Stop taking a shower for a few days. I am certain you'll start smelling your own scent. Besides, Kagura seems to have an augmented smelling ability, being able to smell someone in another vector.

But with my reasoning, Amata would not actually exist. Which could mean Mykage or Fudo Zen is being a troll.
Old 2012-04-23, 13:42   Link #100
Korps!
Ikarechimattaze!

I'm a bit annoyed by the fact that they went to great length to joke about bananas at every corner but failed to give any explanation or clue about the first appearance of a Cherubim Soldier from last serie.

Is that a new abductor? who cares there's banana milk! BA-NA-NAS!!!

You can have the bananas, but you can't have the solar wings. We certainly can't have decent writing.
Closed Thread