AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-10-30, 14:29   Link #121
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

^i am pretty sure that, whatever "plot-holes" everyone complains about, will be cleared with sasuke's entry
Old 2012-10-30, 16:58   Link #122
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

What about you know? Obito growing up? And it's not like Obito was dumb or anything.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 21:10   Link #123
Mateus

I mentioned this many chapters ago after Tobi revealed himself to Konan & Pein after the Deidara vs Sasuke fight, how weird I thought it was that Tobi = the Akatsuki benefactor/"true leader">already knew Konan & Pain, and yet entered the ranks like a regular neophyte --- it's made even weirder now knowing that Itachi knew who he was, as well as Kisame...it's like what was the whole point of him replacing Sasori and acting like Deidara's sidekick?
Old 2012-10-31, 05:39   Link #124
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateus View Post
...it's like what was the whole point of him replacing Sasori and acting like Deidara's sidekick?
may he wanted to get involved in the akatsuki matters himself after losing half of it's members, but it was for a short time, till deidara dies
Old 2012-10-31, 13:48   Link #125
GDB

I don't think Kisame knew who he was until he took the mask off. Otherwise, he was still fooling 5 of the 8 members.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 11:55   Link #126
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

and more importantly the reader
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 12:29   Link #127
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystogan View Post
^i am pretty sure that, whatever "plot-holes" everyone complains about, will be cleared with sasuke's entry
Because we will be so amazed and awestruck by Sasuke that we will forget the inconsistencies and current ravings of a madman (Obito/Madara/Kishimoto/etc)?
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 21:33   Link #128
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Or perhaps because Sasuke is become such a mess that the rest will look almost sane in comparison.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 02:51   Link #129
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Because we will be so amazed and awestruck by Sasuke that we will forget the inconsistencies and current ravings of a madman (Obito/Madara/Kishimoto/etc)?
it might actually happen, for who knows what sasuke has discovered in that scroll, even after the revelation and past of the masked man and madara,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Or perhaps because Sasuke is become such a mess that the rest will look almost sane in comparison.
to me it looks that sasuke is less messier than the the rest, atleast he has a strong resolve
Old 2012-11-02, 12:34   Link #130
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
I'd say Obito's resolve is a whole lot stronger than Sasuke's. That guy doesn't even know what the hell he wants.
Old 2012-11-02, 13:32   Link #131
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
I'd say Obito's resolve is a whole lot stronger than Sasuke's. That guy doesn't even know what the hell he wants.
Agreed. As I said earlier in the thread, Obito may not have a whole lot 'o smarts in his head, but damn if he isn't a dedicated little bugger filled to the brim with resolve.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 14:54   Link #132
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Agreed. As I said earlier in the thread, Obito may not have a whole lot 'o smarts in his head, but damn if he isn't a dedicated little bugger filled to the brim with resolve.
it seems that way because Obito's goal is to create a fake world to escape reality,obito might seem more determined because he is messing with the entire world, but we do not know how fixated he is on it until the entire truth is revealed

Sasuke's fight is more personal i.e., to restore his clan's name and get vengeance for his brother, to me sasuke seems more determined and clear of his goals because in his case all the truths are revealed, yet he is on the same path.
Old 2012-11-02, 20:52   Link #133
Eragon
Still Alive

^ NO he isn't. If he wanted revenge for his brother then he would not have made that shitty deal with Naruto. He still has doubts about what he is doing. Hence, asking Oro to take to wherever it is they have went to find, answers.
Old 2012-11-02, 23:15   Link #134
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
^ NO he isn't. If he wanted revenge for his brother then he would not have made that shitty deal with Naruto. He still has doubts about what he is doing. Hence, asking Oro to take to wherever it is they have went to find, answers.
The two aren't mutually exclusive, the deal has more to do with keeping Sasuke's hands clean for his future redemption than his resolve in revenge. There has been a few shift of targets and perhaps a change of means in the future but his purpose has stayed the same since his introduction in the story. Revenge is the defining -and sole- trait of his character.
I think discussing whose resolve is stronger is about as pointless as whose past is worst. An argument can be made one way or the other but as often in shonen the fact is that every single character has a litteraly insane level of resolve.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 00:07   Link #135
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
the only reason sasuke made deal with naruto was because naruto was becoming an obstacle in his path, even if they hadn't agreed on fightning they eventually will clash because naruto will defend konoha if sasuke tries to destroy it.
i think the only time when he was doubtful was when he left the akatsuki hideout during the war, but his path became clear after meeting with itachi
Old 2012-11-03, 02:17   Link #136
Kenu
magoi, magoi!

Considering flashbacks usually mean death or end of a character, then Obito will be going soon. Who does that leave in terms of the main antagonist..? Madara if he's still around.. but I guess it could be Sasuke taking on Obito's mantle... who knows.
Kenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 07:15   Link #137
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
the only reason sasuke made deal with naruto was because naruto was becoming an obstacle in his path, even if they hadn't agreed on fightning they eventually will clash because naruto will defend konoha if sasuke tries to destroy it.
It's an obvious plot device to prevent Sasuke from killing Naruto's friends so he will be able to return to the good side without some people hating him. Even KillerBee had a plot shield when Sasuke went to capture him and he's not even from Konoha. If we look at Sasuke's effective performance (just disregards anything he says, as if he was muted) he's a hero: he disposed of Orochimaru and his organization which was kidnapping people and experimenting on them, disposed of the bombing terrorist Deidara, killed the S-class criminal Itachi, killed Dazou who by that time was clearly a traitor of Konoha and thus became an S-class criminal, killed the original white Zetsu and a bunch of his clones and finally helped to end Edo-Tensei and thus saved a lot of alliance ninja lives. If someone wanted to spend time creating a funny alternative story he could alter all of the conversations involving Sasuke and make a completely different plot where Sasuke is actually sent to an undercover mission ordered by the hokage to dispose of S-class criminals. Sure there were moments when the picture says Sasuke is evil: when he attacks KillerBee and when he attacks Sakura and Kakashi, however it would be easy to invent some secret reasons why he did that, telling he never wanted to kill them, just like in the case of Itachi the author did the same. For example he attacked KillerBee and deliberately failed because he wanted to warn the ninjas about akatsuki's goal almost being reached, and so he caused the kage summit to happen.

Quote:
i think the only time when he was doubtful was when he left the akatsuki hideout during the war, but his path became clear after meeting with itachi
He was a mindless rage driven madman before he met with Edo-Itachi, thus he didn't really have any doubts because that would require him of thinking, but he didn't think at all. Just look at his fights, he attacked kage level people, even a whole kage summit, without having any plan. He disposed of his team despite they kept saving his life, that's complete idiocy. The author just magically changes his mind sometimes, most recently when he met Itachi he stopped being a madman and began to think again. So now Naruto will be able to talk to him, Itachi did his job of changing Sasuke enough so that Naruto will be able to reach his mind later.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 08:58   Link #138
Kenu
magoi, magoi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Itachi did his job of changing Sasuke enough so that Naruto will be able to reach his mind later.
Gotta love Talk-no-jutsu...

Good points about Sasuke's actions vs his words.
Kenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 11:37   Link #139
chancs

Its too sad that they didn't show why Kakashi had to kill Rin? I was so looking forward to it.

Next chapter ---> Clash between Kakashi and Obito ?
chancs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 11:38   Link #140
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
It's an obvious plot device to prevent Sasuke from killing Naruto's friends so he will be able to return to the good side without some people hating him. Even KillerBee had a plot shield when Sasuke went to capture him and he's not even from Konoha. If we look at Sasuke's effective performance (just disregards anything he says, as if he was muted) he's a hero: he disposed of Orochimaru and his organization which was kidnapping people and experimenting on them, disposed of the bombing terrorist Deidara, killed the S-class criminal Itachi, killed Dazou who by that time was clearly a traitor of Konoha and thus became an S-class criminal, killed the original white Zetsu and a bunch of his clones and finally helped to end Edo-Tensei and thus saved a lot of alliance ninja lives. If someone wanted to spend time creating a funny alternative story he could alter all of the conversations involving Sasuke and make a completely different plot where Sasuke is actually sent to an undercover mission ordered by the hokage to dispose of S-class criminals. Sure there were moments when the picture says Sasuke is evil: when he attacks KillerBee and when he attacks Sakura and Kakashi, however it would be easy to invent some secret reasons why he did that, telling he never wanted to kill them, just like in the case of Itachi the author did the same. For example he attacked KillerBee and deliberately failed because he wanted to warn the ninjas about akatsuki's goal almost being reached, and so he caused the kage summit to happen.

He was a mindless rage driven madman before he met with Edo-Itachi, thus he didn't really have any doubts because that would require him of thinking, but he didn't think at all. Just look at his fights, he attacked kage level people, even a whole kage summit, without having any plan. He disposed of his team despite they kept saving his life, that's complete idiocy. The author just magically changes his mind sometimes, most recently when he met Itachi he stopped being a madman and began to think again. So now Naruto will be able to talk to him, Itachi did his job of changing Sasuke enough so that Naruto will be able to reach his mind later.
when you put it that way it does sounds very cool , but still sasuke is better off as a rogue avenger

i think sasuke is shown doing these evil things,because that's just how he is, even way back he attacked itachi without thinking, i do admit there was madness in how he was going killing people and attacked the kage summit may be that was to show his hatred and power, but clearly saving others and doing good things will not suit him, but he does warn others to move out before he attacks like he warned the samurai

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion