AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-01-17, 23:18   Link #21
PatPeter

Three Things

1) S-cry-ed was my all-time favorite anime above all until I saw the Hellsing Anime.

2) I have no idea what you are all talking about "it died halfway through" or "the ending was pitiful" seroiusly it was an amazing anime. If you hated the ending you obviously hate part of Japanese culture as the ending focuses alot on 'having an honorable battle,' you know, that fighting is not always bad.
Also people who you dont get along with can end up having the same views and if yuo hadn't got off on teh wrong foot, would be really good friends.

3) S-cry-ed was not made to have a continuation, a continuation would ruin the first seaon (watch the end episode 200 times like I did)
PatPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-18, 00:28   Link #22
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

At episode 22 Scryed was an awesome Anime.

At episode 23-24 where they basically threw out all the relationships and just went 'Oh lets have a big battle that is totally meaningless'...That's what it means by a messed up ending.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-18, 01:35   Link #23
solomon

Im mixed on the show, its been a while but i still remember it. It had a great vibe going for it, fun shonen cheese with a fair amount of brains and flair, the characters although cliche were well deliniated and handled very well. Had some nice non SD reliant comedy, interesting alter designs and really really fun music. Im surprised that KOtaro Nakagawa pulled off acid jazz in a shonen fest but it worked SURPRISNGLY well. This was all until they introduced Mujo though, he was WAY too cliche and one dimensional; leading the series into a terrible deus ex machina and the ending battle between Kazuma and Ryuhou was pointless (but still fun)/
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-18, 22:34   Link #24
PatPeter

now i need to watch 23 and 24

IF ANYONE says that the third form of Kazuma and.....oh Lord God help me I cannot remember the two main characters name

Anyway they own, dont say anything bad about them, im off to watch the entire series in one night.
Old 2007-01-19, 01:34   Link #25
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
At episode 22 Scryed was an awesome Anime.

At episode 23-24 where they basically threw out all the relationships and just went 'Oh lets have a big battle that is totally meaningless'...That's what it means by a messed up ending.
Yea I agree this anime was such a disappointment for me too. Everything was going great until the end. They totally ruined it. This is a prime example of anime that started great but ended terrible. I did enjoy this anime though I can't deny it but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, just to spare them the huge disappointment they will endure when the series ends. -_-
Old 2007-01-21, 18:46   Link #26
PatPeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitaro View Post
Yea I agree this anime was such a disappointment for me too. Everything was going great until the end. They totally ruined it. This is a prime example of anime that started great but ended terrible. I did enjoy this anime though I can't deny it but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, just to spare them the huge disappointment they will endure when the series ends. -_-
Can you prove, factually, what was wrong with this anime?

Can you prove using intellectual literary terms what was wrong with this anime?
Old 2007-01-21, 18:59   Link #27
Matt Soulblade
1000 times better

I can prove it.

It started great, with some people with an unidentified "power", a lot of social and political conflicts, two great main characters, both with their own way of thinking and ideals, and even romance!
But what happened? Easy. When you though the conflicts were over, they again show that they are 2 inmature idiots, not to forget that all the complicated conflict ends in a stupid superrepetitive shounen battle. Cougar FTW! He gets 1st and 2nd place for best male character in this series.
Matt Soulblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-21, 19:59   Link #28
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatPeter View Post

Hmmm Factually
  1. You do not introduce 2 love interests and just have them abandoned at the end. They either get together or they don't, the 2 in Scryed just lost interest in their loves.
  2. You do not change the animation of the last 2 episodes so that they are actually WORSE than the series. Everyone knows the last episode is supposed to have a boost of animation, not a drop
  3. You do not introduce a TON of super warships that have no meaning and just have the main characters kill them with no resolution of why they were there at all
  4. You do not remove all brain matter from the 'Smart One' and just reduce him to the same level as the 'dumb' one
  5. You do not end an anime with a throwaway episode that did not improve or reduce the status of the main characters.
So how's that?

Old 2007-01-22, 01:00   Link #29
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatPeter View Post

Well I could write a whole page about was wrong with this anime show using ie "Literary terms" but I much rather not. For an good explanation read up on Forbin's post he/she provided an pretty good factual one.

Quote:
Hmmm Factually
  1. You do not introduce 2 love interests and just have them abandoned at the end. They either get together or they don't, the 2 in Scryed just lost interest in their loves.
  2. You do not change the animation of the last 2 episodes so that they are actually WORSE than the series. Everyone knows the last episode is supposed to have a boost of animation, not a drop
  3. You do not introduce a TON of super warships that have no meaning and just have the main characters kill them with no resolution of why they were there at all
  4. You do not remove all brain matter from the 'Smart One' and just reduce him to the same level as the 'dumb' one
  5. You do not end an anime with a throwaway episode that did not improve or reduce the status of the main characters.
So how's that?
Couldn't have said it any better.
Old 2007-01-22, 17:29   Link #30
Retsoor

>> Forbin, Keitaro

1) They lost interest in nothing. They realized that the men they loved would not stay put and would continue on the battlefield, and they let them. They understood them.

2) I can not convincingly argue against this. Personally I did not see anything amiss, but neither did I see anything such in Black Lagoon 23, and some posters seemed ready to slit their wrists because of the animation - or lack of - therein.

3) The mainland tried to subjugate the rebellious Lost Ground. No great mystery there.

4) Ruyhou was never truly an intellectual, or a man who confided in his intellect. He felt driven by his sense of justice and righteousness. In the end he was in a sense won over by Kazuma, who claimed he did what he did because he wanted to. He was the same as Kazuma, except he wore a guise, whether true or not is left to personal taste, but what he did and what he was wasn't altogether too different from Kazuma.

5) The ending is a work of art. The final episode was the culmination of the two characters' stories, not the series' story. Throughout the series the characters were at odds, in the end they were temporary comrade-in-arms, kindred souls even to a point, but they were fighters as well. They had unfinished business between them. Fighting was the natural consequence of this, since really, neither of them were men of peace.

The ending episode of Scryed should be used to help young boys who are late into their puberty. The palpable manliness of the episode should lower their testes to their rightful places posthaste.
Retsoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-22, 17:52   Link #31
PatPeter

Quote:
Hmmm Factually
So how's that?
1) Gimme me a day or two to check the animation

2) I will simultaniously check the warship bit.

3) What do you mean my smart one and dumb one?

4) Of course the last episode inproved their characters! Read up the Japanese honor code, then come back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Soulblade View Post
I can prove it.

It started great, with some people with an unidentified "power", a lot of social and political conflicts, two great main characters, both with their own way of thinking and ideals, and even romance!
But what happened? Easy. When you though the conflicts were over, they again show that they are 2 inmature idiots, not to forget that all the complicated conflict ends in a stupid superrepetitive shounen battle. Cougar FTW! He gets 1st and 2nd place for best male character in this series.
Yeah, definity let me watch the series again.
Old 2007-01-23, 00:21   Link #32
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

1. The 2 in Scryed never had intr in their loves in the first place. Kazuma was always looking out for Kanami, but at the end, it was obvious that Kanami could get by without Kazuma. As for Mimori, she was the one who stuck by Ryuhou,not the other way around.

2. No comment. Didn't notice anything

3. Mainland invading the Lost Ground with all their altered Alter users. It's obvious.

4. Ryuhous more educated than Kazuma, but I wouldn't necessarily say he's much smarter. Furthermore, I don't see how he was dumbed down any at the end. He still fought for what he believed to be justice and so-on and he still wanted to fight Kazuma so that he could win.

5. The end of the anime is unconventional by normal story standards. However, it does bring a resolution to the 2 main characters, who have finally settled the grudge between them and gone on living their lifes with Ryuhou doing what he wants to do , ie. bringing justice to the lost ground and Kazuma finding strong alter users to fight with. It's not an ending with a sense of closure, instead it's an ending with a sense of continuance because the viewer feels that things will go on so maybe thats why you feel its incomplete. But it's not necessarily bad, just different.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-25, 00:33   Link #33
PatPeter

THANK YOU evil|plushie
Seriously, if you are too ignourant (not you evil|plushie) to actually watch the anime or at least pay attention to the details, do not make stupid comments.

I myself didn't want to second guess things like the warship and animation, but I had the same opinion as evil with those two.

Oh, and even after I said "Can you prove, factually, what was wrong with this anime?" YOU MADE THEM ALL statements! You talk about the two love interests and do not specify them, you do not specify in which ways the smart one becomes the dumb one as that is now only your opinion, and statement number 5 is an opinion as you do not give evidence to this.

Once again, Can you prove, factually, what was wrong with this anime?
Old 2007-01-25, 12:02   Link #34
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

No thanks, I'm done explaining. Up to Episode 22 I considered Scryed one of the best fighting Animes out there, then after those 2 episodes I only consider this sorta average.

Old 2007-01-25, 12:30   Link #35
Jewelray

Send a message via AIM to Jewelray
It's been a really long time since I've seen Scryed, but I still consider it a pretty good show. It seems that the reasons people are listing for not liking the show are precisely why I liked it.

The reason I like Scryed is because it threw away a lot of conventional anime norms. For example, I really like how the love triangle was resolved. If it were any other show, killing off Scheris would have been used as an excuse for Ryuhou to get with Mimori. Instead, he ends up with no one, which while it's surprising, is more realistic. Things don't end happily all the time in real life.

I also liked the final episode. Any other show would have had Kazuma and Ryuhou reconcile their differences and become good buddies, realizing through their journey together that they aren't so different after all (awww touching, really.) But this episode is making a point: People will always fight. No matter how much we cooperate and try to understand each other, humans are stubborn and competitive so the fighting will never end. Take the episode symbolically if that makes you feel better.

The only thing I didn't like was the "ending" before the final episode. I liked that there was no "big bad guy" who was for some stupid purpose manipulating everything, and then the second to last two episodes introduce just that. Oh well, I can live with that.
Jewelray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-03, 09:31   Link #36
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
No thanks, I'm done explaining. Up to Episode 22 I considered Scryed one of the best fighting Animes out there, then after those 2 episodes I only consider this sorta average.

I think that was the problem. Scryed isn't a conventional fighting anime -_-

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-21, 22:20   Link #37
NeXion218
Hell Spawn

Send a message via AIM to NeXion218 Send a message via Yahoo to NeXion218
How many ep's are there? I saw only so many and I just ordered a box set from eBay with 1-26? ep's. That'd be great if they made a second one.
NeXion218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 00:08   Link #38
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Might be one of those Bootleg Typos. Scryed is 24 episodes.

Old 2007-02-22, 00:59   Link #39
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Might be one of those Bootleg Typos. Scryed is 24 episodes.
Wrong! s-CRY-ed is definitely 26 episodes.
Old 2007-02-23, 00:22   Link #40
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Wrong! s-CRY-ed is definitely 26 episodes.
Lol I keep wanting to block those last 2 episodes out.