Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-07, 20:19   Link #961
narmi
The Asian who's Malaysian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Enigma View Post

I liked the eyecatch illustrations though, for some reason they reminded me of Canvas2, it's too bad the anime designs weren't even close to illustrations.
I too was a bit disappointed at the character design in the anime. I managed to read the first volume recently and I'm happy (in a way) I watched the anime. The only reason why I am happy is because it was a bit "refreshing".

http://www.nanofate.us/ NanoFate main website Weiss Schwarz Facebook Group - Deck theme: MSLN Nanoha
Old 2008-06-11, 09:07   Link #962
xris
Just call me Ojisan

While this series has not yet been licensed we have received a C&D from Kadokawa Pictures USA, we therefore won't be listing fansubs of this series here on AnimeSuki anymore.

Please note that Kadokawa are acting on the behalf of the Japanese IP owners, Kadokawa Pictures USA themselves do not license such series but act as a master licensor, a middle-man who sells on the license to (typically) American anime companies.
Old 2008-07-04, 18:31   Link #963
orangejuicetang

Well, I just finished this and I thought it was decent. Does anyone know if they are planning a second season or if someone is subbing the light novels?
Old 2008-07-07, 20:35   Link #964
narmi
The Asian who's Malaysian

Currently there is no info and I highly doubt there will be a second season. For the light novels I have no clue.... sorry.

http://www.nanofate.us/ NanoFate main website Weiss Schwarz Facebook Group - Deck theme: MSLN Nanoha
Old 2008-12-22, 15:44   Link #965
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

This series is so strange.... random things keeps happening in every episode and the situation changes from a suspense / drama to comedy /ecchi all the time.

For example on episode 6... first they all go have fun at their beach house, then suddenly some military guys in a submarine appears and takes them hostage, they escape, kick some ass here and there and then suddenly there is a romantic moment when Ninomiya remembers his childhood memories but he is interrupted by a masked woman and they start to fight.... and then we find out all this is just a "prank" played by his sister >.<
Old 2008-12-22, 15:46   Link #966
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Most of us here love the show because of the random factor.
Old 2008-12-22, 15:49   Link #967
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Most of us here love the show because of the random factor.
I mean at first i thought it was like Haruhi's first episode and somehow things would end up making sense but things just keep happening without any reason
Old 2008-12-22, 16:13   Link #968
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by incube View Post
I mean at first i thought it was like Haruhi's first episode and somehow things would end up making sense but things just keep happening without any reason
Well, there is some logic to it, but it's still crazy and over-the-top. It certainly isn't what anyone would call "believable". Mostly, it's just a show that tries to be entertaining, with just enough plot to give some measure of coherence/consistency. And there's at least one episode in there that really is just random, out-of-continuity fun. So yeah, if the logic of the plot is too loose to make sense, I recommend that you just let yourself go along for the ride and enjoy the show.
Old 2008-12-22, 17:32   Link #969
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

"Absurdity" is a prime characteristic of the show ... best to run the brain on "low logic" mode.
Old 2008-12-22, 17:33   Link #970
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Heh, if you liked Girls Bravo, you will like this show.

"Small Breasts Rule!" Hahahaha

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Old 2008-12-22, 18:02   Link #971
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

You don't watch this kind of a show with high expectations regarding to 'plot' You watch it for the characters (if you happen to like them that is). What little plot there is, usually exists to throw characters in situations where we can appreciate the resulting antics. (Granted, there are usually some events when it gets more 'serious' or establishes backgrounds for the characters, but those aside the plot largely exists to create situations (not necessarily logical all the time) for the characters to shine in). So it really comes down to whether you like the characters and the style of humor in this type of show

Tags
aic spirits, comedy, ecchi, fantasy, harem, kadokawa, romance, shounen