2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 0.32%
1 out of 10 : Painful 72 5.80%
Voters: 1241. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-09-28, 07:23   Link #661
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Pray tell, why? We've seen no proof at all of any other immortals aside from herself and V.V., and the nun. Oh, yeah, the whole alphabet, thing, A.A., B.B., give me proof, then I'll believe it.

And why would they be pissed at C.C.? "Oh, you helped a guy save the world, so we hate you"?
She helped a guy change the world... not save it. The world was in danger from fleia as a result of the war they started.

The other may be pissed for this game she played.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 07:25   Link #662
Solitude
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
going to sleep... gotta say this.

Expect the OVA, movie, and/or S3...it's gonna happen. You know it.

LELOUCH LIVES!
Get over it.

It's not coming. Probably not.

Even if the possibilites are there, you don't have to go around shouting "omgomgomgomg i wan t3h OVA and sequel!!!!oneoneoneeleven". Time will evetually tell if there's a sequel coming our way, or not.
Solitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 07:25   Link #663
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalnight View Post
Really losing faith in Sunrise mecha endings, giving them one last chance with 00 s2. Examples?

Gundam Wing, bad ending that had to be improved with Endless Waltz

Gundam Seed, vague ending that left us unsure as to Kira's fate, had to be fixed with 5 min OVA on the last DVD.

Gundam Seed Destiny, Final Plus, nuff said.

Gundam Seed Stargazer, open ending that had to be fixed in the final unpublished manga chapter.

Code Geass, cliffhanger, 5 month wait for 2-episode finale to set up...wait for it...ANOTHER cliffhanger

Gundam 00, rushed and tacked on battle between Setsuna and Graham.

Code Geass R2, vague ending and they left more unresolved plot points behind than a season of 24!
Examples: CC's name, CC's wish, CC's code, Xingke's disease, what happened to Villetta/Ougi at the cliff, how did Sayoko get away, how did Gilford survive, Charles' code, all the people Charles/Lelouch geassed.

Geez, I thought Code Geass would be an improvement over Macross's ending, but Macross was better than this.
G Gundam had a great ending
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 07:27   Link #664
nutype
Future MD

I expect taniguchi to receive death threats in his mail.

I read on wiki that the writer or was it the producer of evangelion got massive hate mail and death threats after ppl saw his ending.
nutype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 07:28   Link #665
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutype View Post

I read on wiki that the writer or was it the producer of evangelion got massive hate mail and death threats after ppl saw his ending.
Code Geass was nowhere as bad as the TV version of Evangelion, which ran out of money.
Old 2008-09-28, 07:28   Link #666
Strettger
PopulationControl Officer

So, things left unresolved;

C.C's name;
Xinge's disease (I note he wasn't there in the end);
Anya.

I smell a ninja season 3, give it a few years and it will come - expect us to meet R.R at an opportune moment literally exuding badass.

Maybe have Kallen in her late thirties, 20 year timeskip would work....
Strettger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 07:28   Link #667
pasta

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
Jeremiah was in on it! He smirks after Lelouch gets stabbed and acts like he is trying to keep order.

Cornelia seems to be on to the plan as well... maybe. They jumped in on cue.

Also notice how CC ends up in an agricultural area. Jeremiah and Anya are seen on an orchard.

It seems like CC, Lelouch, Anya, and Jeremiah could end up living together.

Suzaku is pushing Nunnally's wheelchair, also. Seems kind of wierd. Wouldn't she be pissed off that Suzaku killed her brother? I mean... come on. Yeah. it was he brothers plan but... how about some distance?

And Nunnally's crying was top notch. Best crying I've ever heard from an actress! Damn!

So yeah... pretty obvious that Lelouch faked his death. The clues are all there.
I was thinking/hoping the same thing about the orchard!
I hated that those who betrayed Lelouch had happy endings.
At least now that this has ended I wont have to read every d@mn post in here, thats my good ending at least.
pasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 07:29   Link #668
Shuuda
Sniped.

Send a message via MSN to Shuuda
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutype View Post

That only proves how pathetic the audience are, taking things so seriously.
Shuuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 07:29   Link #669
Dream_Traveller
Banned

That wasn't bad...that was just...odd. And they over-spent their budget.

Hoping the rest of Rebuild will be good by the by, but, eh.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 07:29   Link #670
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
Code Geass was nowhere as bad as the TV version of Evangelion, which ran out of money.
But didn't people feel sorta cheated even with EoE?
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 07:30   Link #671
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strettger View Post

C.C's name;
Anya.

I smell a ninja season 3, give it a few years and it will come - expect us to meet R.R at an opportune moment literally exuding badass.

What do you think Kallen is going to do when she finds out Lelouch faked his own death and didn't tell her? She would be pissed! She loved him, and Lelouch treated her like shit.

Who the hell would want to see that?
Old 2008-09-28, 07:30   Link #672
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
CC' wish was to die... It was repeated like 100 times also, she no longer wishes to die but, to live her best.

Xing-ke didn't die. At the end you his unit. He probably don't have much time left, though.

About Villeta and Ougi. Clearly, they survived. What else is there to it?

Remember when Schniezel said to Cornelia that someone who could not agree with them left? It was probably Sayoko. How she got away? She's a ninja.

How did Gilford survive? I think this was discussed in Turn 24's thread. Look for it.

Charles' Code? Either Lelouch got it or it disappeared with him. If you ask how he got it, he got it from VV after he broke their contract.

All the people that Lelouch/Charles geassed? Does it even matter?
Old 2008-09-28, 07:31   Link #673
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuuda View Post
That only proves how pathetic the audience are, taking things so seriously.
Yea the Japanese can be very serious when it comes to their anime...
Old 2008-09-28, 07:31   Link #674
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strettger View Post

C.C's name;
Anya.

Yes, double post, gasp.

* Probably 'Elizabeth'.

* Maybe after eight-nine months, he kicked it.

* Anya...well...odd contradiction. Kanon said her memories were restored, but then Anya tells Jeremiah her memories are gone...meh.

It's L.L., not, Rerouch Ramprouge. And...why? Granted, more malicious forces might be around...but I wonder if Kallen and the rest...eh, rather, if KMFs would even exist in 20 years...and the third series would just be C.C. going places.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 07:32   Link #675
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnishida View Post
CC' wish was to die... It was repeated like 100 times also, she no longer wishes to die but, to live her best.

Xing-ke didn't die. At the end you his unit. He probably don't have much time left, though.

About Villeta and Ougi. Clearly, they survived. What else is there to it?

Remember when Schniezel said to Cornelia that someone who could not agree with them left? It was probably Sayoko. How she got away? She's a ninja.

How did Gilford survive? I think this was discussed in Turn 24's thread. Look for it.

Charles' Code? Either Lelouch got it or it disappeared with him. If you ask how he got it, he got it from VV after he broke their contract.

All the people that Lelouch/Charles geassed? Does it even matter?
Considering hundreds of mecha pilots loyal to Lelouch? Now want to avenge his death?

Yes it does.
Old 2008-09-28, 07:32   Link #676
Shuuda
Sniped.

Send a message via MSN to Shuuda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Yea the Japanese can be very serious when it comes to their anime...
And people here are no better.
Shuuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 07:33   Link #677
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
I expect Taniguchi chuckling under his breath at 9 pm at night and him Okouchi closing the door on Geass more than this tripe.
As if Sunrise can't continue something without the original creators. Meh. You are talking Gundam here. It's not like people can't change their minds, either. This is the house Gundam built.

This reminds me of Hideo Kojima when he said MGS3 was the last MGS ever! Also reminds me of the 3 incarnations of Tenchi and how the Tenchi Muyo OVA took like 2 decades to finish.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 07:34   Link #678
Charred Knight

I would rather not have Code Geass Destiny
Old 2008-09-28, 07:34   Link #679
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

I suppose if anything the ending is a metaphor for how the director felt. Characters do an about face and 49 episodes of development were wasted. *looks at Suzaku*

Working with Lelouch for a greater cause I can buy, becoming Zero though? Not so much, Zero is a symbol that despite having the sins associated with it dwarfed by Emperor Lelouch's deeds, still carries with it sins of his own. Zero murdered Euphemia, and launched the world into chaos. It went against everything Suzaku believed in, and yet here we are; Suzaku is Zero...

In the end, the people were trolled by Lelouch...I mean, if killing the Emperor was so easy why didn't Zero do it a year ago? They're so gullible, but at least some important characters realized what was going on. In the metaphor Lelouch is the director, what Lelouch envisioned and what he ends up doing are completely different. Swap Lelouch with Taniguchi getting impaled and everything makes sense.
Revolutionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 07:34   Link #680
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuuda View Post
And people here are no better.
hey don't look at me I'm fine with the ending but the shippers and hardcore CG fans that another story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
I suppose if anything the ending is a metaphor for how the director felt. Characters do an about face and 49 episodes of development were wasted. *looks at Suzaku*

Working with Lelouch for a greater cause I can buy, becoming Zero though? Not so much, Zero is a symbol that despite having the sins associated with it dwarfed by Emperor Lelouch's deeds, still carries with it sins of his own. Zero murdered Euphemia, and launched the world into chaos. It went against everything Suzaku believed in, and yet here we are; Suzaku is Zero...

In the end, the people were trolled by Lelouch...I mean, if killing the Emperor was so easy why didn't Zero do it a year ago? They're so gullible, but at least some important characters realized what was going on. In the metaphor Lelouch is the director, what Lelouch envisioned and what he ends up doing are completely different. Swap Lelouch with Taniguchi getting impaled and everything makes sense.
It would seem you have finally reached the stage of acceptance on the road we call grief...