AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-06, 15:00   Link #1
Gouf custom

ZZ Gundam question and suggestions.

Yo. I haven't been on here in forever. So I asked way back when what series I should get into for the style I like and most people said Z gundam. I finished it and am looking for a new one now. I hear people saying ZZ gundam is not good at all. So.....is it worth the watch? If not any other suggestions?
Old 2010-04-06, 17:17   Link #2
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Because Tomino was sooo heartless in directing Z his wife made him promise to make his next series (ZZ) more upbeat…And he did LOL…I totally enjoyed ZZ for what it was worth as it blends an even amount of tragedy and goofball comedy, but if you want something that’s completely cold and unforgiving like Zeta is I’d suggest you try Victory Gundam…Now if you’re an animation snob you might not like it as much because it doesn’t stand the test of time on the same level as Zeta does (Zeta also has 2 updated movies with new material aswell), but it’s even darker than Zeta in some instances (Main characters, side-characters, faceless grunts…NO ONE IS SAFE)…The only real difference is unlike Zeta which refused to glorify death artistically (It was morso, you eff-up, you die...Simple) Victory glorifies the hell out of nearly every death…Some episodes will just drain you, but others will uplift…

Gundam X is also more of a rugged portrayal…The opening scene is of the entire earth being basically destroyed…And the few hundreds of thousands left scour and fight over territory with a far deeper plot at work (Gundam X might be the most power-blasting mecha ever)…It’s like Madmax meets Gundam if you get me...I loved it…

Gundam 8th MS team is probably the most visually enjoyable series of the pre-2000 efforts, and while it has a lot of laidback and fun elements, it also takes a hardcore shift where many characters meet their end….

It’s basically what do you want to watch? If you like the more darker G-series I think this is a good place to continue after Zeta…I’d personally check out ZZ just to see for myself…Some of the best G-series are the ones the average fan complains about…You’ll have 5 people tell you Turn A Gundam is terrible and 5 others (like myself) tell you it’s one of the best if not the best G-series…So give these titles a fair chance on your own before falling into the doldrums of what others find to be bad…Other than Gundam Seed Destiny there’s not one Gundam series I’d consider a true abomination or completely unwatchable in any way, so ya gotta have some faith when watching a G-series you haven’t seen yet…But if you have a specific goal in-terms of watching I can comply with that since I've seen everything Gundam has to offer...
Old 2010-04-06, 17:35   Link #3
Scorch

ZZ is kind of two drastically different shows in one. The first half is silly and occasionally horrible (Moon Moon episode, I'm looking at you, you should be deleted from existence). Yazan tries parachuting using his coat as a parachute and other wacky antics. The second half is far more serious and worth seeing. On the plus side, more Haman!

If you haven't seen them yet, Char's Counterattack and Gundam Unicorn are both good and don't really require much ZZ knowledge to enjoy. Well, only the first episode of Unicorn has come out so far, but it's awesome.
Old 2010-04-06, 17:39   Link #4
Gouf custom

Thanks for the input. Curious...was there not an english release of ZZ gundam or am I just not looking hard enough?
Old 2010-04-06, 18:20   Link #5
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gouf custom View Post
Thanks for the input. Curious...was there not an english release of ZZ gundam or am I just not looking hard enough?
Nope ZZ was never dubbed IIRC...
Old 2010-04-07, 01:36   Link #6
A l l e l u j a h
Ultimate Cyber Newtype

Send a message via Yahoo to A l l e l u j a h
@ thread starter

It's up to you bro, if you want to know what happened to Kamille, Fa, Bright and friends, watch it. However, some people including me, consider ZZ gundam to be the worst in the UC timeline followed by V gundam.
Closed Thread