AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-21, 09:52   Link #41
Kiron22

No no the Blue screen of Death

I hate when People say FF characters, all FF characters after FF6 were hopeless with the exception of barrat.

RPG has too be the most wussy of all game genres, back in the old RPG days, they were all kick ass, now they are all just screaming gay.

FFVI
= Cool Ninja character

FFVII
= Whiney Bitch

FFVIII
= Pretty boy woman.

FFIX
actully was good it went back too its roots and now i cant be bothered too look for pictures.

FFX
Don't get me started

FFXII
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Final Fantasy games hit rockbottom for gameplay with 10.

6= Awsome.
7= a bit worse.
8= What were they smoking.
9= Great.
10= Please kill me.
12= The battle system is so bad its not funny, play the demo.

Also Sephiroth was not kick ass any true final fantasy fan would say this, the best villan in FF and probably in any game ever has too of been

Kefka from FFVI, this guy was evil he was awesome and had the best laugh in all of history.
Old 2006-01-21, 11:33   Link #42
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Hmm I actually like FF char's eventhough they are not my favourite. Yeah they are metro sexual, but when you play the game you get used to it (thx to the great story) and those char's grow on you while you play the game and where you come to the point where you like them (and not every1 is male I geuss some girls dig the metro sexual look :O ).

FF7: Was great, cool story great graphics (for its time)
FF8: New system deep story line intersting characters. (My personal all time favourite)
FFX: Great story very cool grafics. Best summoning system ever.
FFXII: Has yet to prove it self, but it looks they went the same style like the other 3D playstation FF's which promises to be great. FF was never about the battle system it was about the story.

Before you go bashing FF char's you better check your set of char's. I think Link is cool, but come on you bash on FF char's when your favourite char is an elf in thights.
Old 2006-01-21, 18:07   Link #43
Kiron22

The Final Fantasy story was definatly best in 6 or 7, 7 went really indepth with its story (even though the story was Moan Moan moan moan oh god I got a boo boo Waaa)
Final Fantasy 6 has the most kick ass story

Spoiler:

Link may be a pretty boy, though he dos'nt wear tights, its brown leather as you see in the picture, and you know what makes Link Macho, He dos'nt complain about anything, he just goes and kicks butt for the sake of it, cause he is awesome, none of this cloud "Oh no i'm wearing a dress does it make my butt look good" no link is like (if he spoke) "Okay I'm going too kick your down trodden ass, Astala vista baby" of course he would speak like the guv'nator.
Old 2006-01-22, 17:05   Link #44
cheese no koma
kita kita oyaji

Doctor Cortex from Crash Team Racing, he's funnier in team racing compare to the original Crash Bandicoot.
Old 2006-01-22, 18:55   Link #45
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiron22

FFVII
= Whiney Bitch

You dare to associate any image from Advent Children with whiney or uncoolness?!?!.....I fart in your general direction.
Old 2006-01-22, 19:43   Link #46
Kiron22

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsheit
You dare to associate any image from Advent Children with whiney or uncoolness?!?!.....I fart in your general direction.
It was'nt even that good of a movie, the fight scene on the bikes, against the bohemith and against sephiroth kicked ass oh and the Tifa fight but whenever cloud speaks he just whines like a little girl asking too be be stopped kicking in the head.
Old 2006-01-22, 21:30   Link #47
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
6= Awsome.
7= a bit worse.
8= What were they smoking.
9= Great.
10= Please kill me.
12= The battle system is so bad its not funny, play the demo.
While my fave FF system was 5 and my fave FF story was 4, I still agree with all of the above. 8 was a bore fest in which you basically drew magic from every new monster. 10's grid system was like, yeah, kill me right now. Was 11 even worthy to be called FF?

And I'm probably the only one here that hated X but loved X-2. Me <3 class/ap system of FF 3/5/Tactics.

And 12 was underwhelming. Sure it's just a demo, but it feels so SLOOW. Though it might be because I was playing Romancin SaGa at that time, since in there battles are lightning quick and techs, as usual for SaGa, look Godly. FF12 has you just using basic attacks, while when I was playing RSaGa I was practically using ultimate techs every battle.

That said though, I'd still play 12, if only for Warrior Princess Xe... I mean Ashe. XD

Back on topic, favorite VG character would be err... take a guess. :P
Old 2006-01-22, 22:07   Link #48
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
It was'nt even that good of a movie, the fight scene on the bikes, against the bohemith and against sephiroth kicked ass oh and the Tifa fight but whenever cloud speaks he just whines like a little girl asking too be be stopped kicking in the head.
not to lose sight of the thread topically completely, but...

the fight choreography was the best I've EVER seen, bar none
the entire movie served as one big helping of nostalgia...even to the casual fan such as me
the remixes from Nobuo Uematsu were beautiful
It probably doesn't work well as a movie for the FF7-uninitiated, but for everybody else....hella yeah
Old 2006-01-22, 23:55   Link #49
Taylor--
!

7= Great
8= Decent
9= Great.
10= Decent
11= Alright, it shouldn't have been a numbered FF game though.

For the FF's I've played..

Also, an advantage to the non real time battle system in FFX was that I could take bathroom breaks during long boss battles
Old 2006-01-23, 00:00   Link #50
TehKev

Send a message via AIM to TehKev
*ahem*

Laharl and Vyers from Disgaea. Also Captain Gordon.

Oh! And Ryudo from Grandia II when he was still a sarcastic jerk, aka before he turns into a lovesick fool.
Old 2006-01-23, 20:12   Link #51
Shikamaru_IQ
Im not noob

Send a message via AIM to Shikamaru_IQ Send a message via MSN to Shikamaru_IQ
Solid Snake From metal gear solid series
Old 2006-01-24, 07:39   Link #52
Kiron22

top 10

1: Link (LOZ)
2: Kefka (FFVI or III)
3: Snake (MG)
4: Mario (SM)
5: Ganondorf (LOZ)
6: Sonic (STH)
7: Albert Wesker (RE)
8: whatever the characters name is in Mafia (M)
9: Ness (EB)
10: DDR arrow, or Arthas (DDR or W3)
Old 2006-01-24, 12:09   Link #53
GuardianAngelJoan

Kite and Heiba (.hack)
Ruby Heart (MvC 2)
Millia Rage(Guilty Gear X2)
B.Jenet (Garou: Mark of the Wolves)
Sora (Kingdom Heart)
Beatrix (Final Fantasy 9)
Karai (TMNT: Tournament Fighters)
Ash and Athena (The King of Figher 2k3)
Andy (Advance Wars 1 to 3)
Old 2006-01-29, 15:13   Link #54
Jesus Christ RnR

Send a message via MSN to Jesus Christ RnR
Vyse from skies of arcadia

Joanna Dark - Perfect Dark Zero version.....as the orignal PDZ she looks like a very butch woman.

Just about everyone from Day of the Tenticle
Old 2006-01-30, 16:10   Link #55
Lumir

Sephiroth owns all. Sleek clean and uber cool look, with galaxy destroying power...

Quote:
Also Sephiroth was not kick ass any true final fantasy fan would say this, the best villan in FF and probably in any game ever has too of been kefka.
If sephiroth wasnt so badass then how come hes one every villian tournament i have ever seen. Also how come he is in Kingdom Hearts? How come they even made a movie of FF7 with him in it? The only attention kefka got was a remake of the game. A real true fan of the FF series would shame all the rest for saying kefka was more badass then sephiroth. Kefka is and looks retarded. You cant even compare the two. Until you have played every single FF dont state such nonsense. And if you have, you shame all FF fans.

Google search results: Sephiroth - 1,900,000 | Kefka - 234,000 Nuff said.

Last edited by Lumir; 2006-01-30 at 16:30.
Old 2006-01-30, 18:54   Link #56
Hellsinger
~Contra Mundi~

yeah true, but Sephiroth does not only refer to the character in the game (search it up).. i like Sephiroth more than Kefka though.

From Final Fantasy, i like Vincent Valentine and Squall Leonhart. From other games, uhm... Dante & Vergil from Devil May Cry are pretty cool!!
Old 2006-02-01, 06:29   Link #57
sukreih
okusenman!okusenman!

Hitoshura from SMT Noctrune. Now he's the coolest kickass demon ever!
Ramza from Final Fantasy Tactics. I especially like how he kills all those people on the way just to save his little sister. And he drinks milk instead of beer. hah.
Bridget from GG series is a damn pervert, but I have to like him..I mean her.. cuz well,looke!Isn't he..I mean she just adorable?

----------
Generally I just like FF7AC cuz there was a lot of Vincent and the Turks. The rest,I don't really care about especially what Cloud(he is a whiney wuss,isn't he?I share your opinion,Kiron22 ur..sorry Cloud fans.But I just couldn't like this guy.) and the Sephiclones+Sephiroth are up to.

Quote:
Google search results: Sephiroth - 1,900,000 | Kefka - 234,000 Nuff said.
It's because FF7 was the first game to go "mainstream"?Being released in PS and all that. Like, FF6 was subbed as FF3 before FF7 came out. After that it was renamed FF6.
No offense,but I personally think Sephiroth sucks...but it's nice that he was voiced by Morikawa Toshiyuki.

Personal Opinion on FF series
5=I was stuck on this stupid part cuz I didn't know Japanese when I was 10.I replayed the PS version and it rocked.
6=I played it like 10 times. Of course on SFC,cuz the loading time is just so annoying in the PS version.
7=It was okay.It was the first PS FF anyways.I remember the whole heroine fight between the fans(my pick was Aerith).Also my love for Vincent blooms.
T=Played it 4 times. Loved it.
8=F..(beep-------)
9=Traumatized by FF8,I didn't play it. Heard it was good.
10=Okay as well,I liked the ending.But FF10-2?WTF??
12=played the demo,looks okay. And hey,they changed the director and the character designer(to my favourite ones).

FF7 DOC came out recently. No matter how the reviews come out, I HAVE to buy it cuz it's VINCENT!!!
Old 2006-02-01, 06:49   Link #58
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

FFX-2 actually had the best battle system up to date. The game only lacked a story and summons. For most people that made this game suck the whole girl powa part didn't help much, but it had by far the best battle system. I want that system+summons(FFX style) for FFXII. It was the best FF game that didnt relyed on gameplay to be a good game(next to FFT psx version gba version was crap).

Btw why do people dislike FFVIII that much? I mean as in terms
of gameplay it was almost the same as the previous ones. The Junctions system was only stupid that magic could run out but it was more open to adjust the char's to your own style.
Im not talking about story, because you need to be a person that likes romance and have an open mind so Im prolly alone on the part that I liked the story. xD

As for character discussions can Solid/Naked Snake defeat Chuck Norris in a 1v1? :O

Yeah I know Chuck Norris isnt a video game character, but we already know snake>all video game char's. o.O
Old 2006-02-01, 06:55   Link #59
Renesis-C
Senior Member...?

FF7 = Awesome.... it showed next gen gaming (from the previous generation of 2d) with a deeper story, emotions and 3d graphics!

FF8 = My personal favourite. Better graphics, deeper story line and the coolest summons (at that point). Loved the simple card game...

FF9 = OVERRATED. Game sucked. went back to the 1 dimensional character personalities of the older games.... and the character models were crappy... it was like a childish game... I can't believe i wasted my time playing the game. Graphics didn't improve much over the previous game either.

FFX = Not as overrated as nine, but no way is it as good as 7 or 8 (if your comparing the generation of FF where characters had depth). Great Graphics, slightly annoying at times with the characters.

FFX-2 = Had a good idea, but then it went downhill at production... It was way too mainstream (main characters being females that wore straps of cloth rather than clothing)

@ Kiron22: the reason you think all the current Gen FF lead characters are weak is because pre-7 all the characters were basically evil or good... you had no empathy with any of those characters because they were the extremes of either good or evil. Though you have a point, the characters are becoming more whiny, but in Advent children's defence, Cloud was depressed for a valid reason.

That's why my favourite Cloud is from kingdom hearts, anti-hero cloud.
Old 2006-02-03, 22:33   Link #60
Wakoeme
spring time of life

Send a message via AIM to Wakoeme
my absolute number one is cloud but i hated his disgin in advent children, but theres alot of ties for me. but the prince from prince of persia is vieing for the title.

2. Vincent Valentine, Solid Snake, Link, Laharl, Aerth
3. the prinnies, The King of all Cosmos,
4. Ramza, Nightmare (SCIII), Serge(chrono cross), Alex (Lunar), the guy from shadow of the colossus.

and Rock Lee from naruto: gekito taisen 3 gets an honerable mention.

and just for the record, Squall isnt the worst chr in final fantasy, but hes definatly emo, i mean come on look at those tiht girl pants hew wears and that flaming jacket.
Closed Thread