AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2005-12-29, 20:54   Link #81
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Ok, if anyone does not want their anime veiwing experience ruined by knowing ahead of time, then do not read further. Spoilers for this friend of Hiroki's. Sucks to be me

Spoiler for manga chapters 10 and 11:

Seriously, what with all the info I'm giving out, I'm thinking of becoming Canvas 2's greatest fan....I mean, come on here, I'm seeing shades of the Mahoraba thread again and again lol
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-29, 21:40   Link #82
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron
Ok, if anyone does not want their anime veiwing experience ruined by knowing ahead of time, then do not read further. Spoilers for this friend of Hiroki's. Sucks to be me

Seriously, what with all the info I'm giving out, I'm thinking of becoming Canvas 2's greatest fan....I mean, come on here, I'm seeing shades of the Mahoraba thread again and again lol
Actually, I also got a good look at Hiroki's best friend when I sampled the "Canvas 2: Innocent Colors" game...
Spoiler:

Last edited by Sailor Enlil; 2005-12-29 at 22:33.
Sailor Enlil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-29, 22:07   Link #83
Scribble
Sloth

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
Quote:
Phew, so I didn't sound too silly after all, some of my predictions weren't too far off, heh.

Many thanks for the manga info.
Scribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-30, 04:55   Link #84
MonkeyBrains
It's what's for dinner

Ahh, everyone's getting into talking about what could happen. I'm interested in the manga's take on it, so it was interesting to see these postings. Has the manga ended, or is it ongoing? I wonder, did they have similar stories in the beginning as the anime - such as the night festival and the school trip?

Here's some spoilers I can share... Having played the Canvas 2 game, here's my memory of the deal between Hiroki, Kiri, and why he doesn't paint and why Hiroki rejected Kiri... This is from memory from playing it over a month ago, so my memory's a little hazy right now. Hopefully I don't screw it up too badly. Someone else who's also played the game can correct me. These are, of course, potentially major spoilers, so beware.
Spoiler:

Now, there's no guarantee this is how it will occur in the anime. After all, almost all of the episodes so far are stories were never in the game, like the new "Shouta" character, all those early episodes with Kiri and Hiroki getting to know each other again (the school trip, the night festival, the sports festival, etc.), Elis's confession, episode 12 of course, etc.

If you really want to be spoiled about how the anime might end, this is how the game ends... Well, here's how it ends on the Kiri path anyway. I haven't played Elis all the way through yet, although I can make some guesses from the CG's I've seen, and some events about Hiroki and Kiri's history are obviously shared between the paths. Again, it's been awhile, so I'm going off of memory, and this is a major spoiler for the ending of the series...
Spoiler:

Of course, there's no guarantee that this is how the anime will end. The anime has so far been quite different in the stories it has told, although the Hiroki and Kiri backstory has so far remained the same. The anime created the Shouta character and all these new "events", so there's always a chance they could create new characters or a even new female for Hiroki (although the latter's probably slim). And it could resolve these issues in a different way. So far the anime has dealt with the relationships between the characters in a very different way from the game. So even after playing the game, I feel I can't say for certain where the anime will go next.

No matter what happens, I'm sure it will be far more entertaining than the game was. I know these first 12 episodes are much more entertaining than the whole game. Hiroki in the game is not as interesting a character as he is in the anime (I found him to be a bit of a jerk in the game).
MonkeyBrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-31, 01:11   Link #85
RunningTARGET
Bishoujo sweet!

So when can we expect these latest chapters posted my good l33t mangatron.

I'm also trying my best not to look at the spoilers above, its been done to me in Air and aswell as shuffle! but spoilers are just so hard avoid for me.
RunningTARGET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-31, 07:05   Link #86
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningTARGET
So when can we expect these latest chapters posted my good l33t mangatron.

I'm also trying my best not to look at the spoilers above, its been done to me in Air and aswell as shuffle! but spoilers are just so hard avoid for me.
Heh, spoilers are always hard to avoid. But remember, it's been spoiler tagged, so anything thats hidden is up to you to open it

And, expect the 2 chapters released tommorrow at the earliest, new years at the latest. Despite being busy, this is the last day of the year, and I'm going to make this a very important, super enjoyable day for me.

By the way, happy new years ye alle
Old 2006-01-01, 00:11   Link #87
Observation

This will definitely cause a lot of nosebleeds.....
Observation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-01, 00:33   Link #88
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Aye, it's a good pic.
But somehow I feel that she looks sexier in her goth lingerie.

Maybe I'm just weird. :x
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-01, 03:25   Link #89
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'm with Riker.... she's cute but it would be sexier with her patented "silk gothwear".

Artwise, the "shiny" effect is a little odd.
Old 2006-01-01, 03:32   Link #90
MonkeyBrains
It's what's for dinner

Nice picture. Where is it from? Any pictures of other characters?

Actually, I found this picture. A little late for Christmas, but never too late for Kiri, regardless (and Elis too)!

Last edited by MonkeyBrains; 2006-01-01 at 04:32.
Old 2006-01-01, 06:25   Link #91
Kensuke

Here is one, little ecchi, but I sure you don't mind.

Nosebleeds ahead.
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-01, 08:50   Link #92
mangatron

Look up, look down, look at....my nose, it's an overdose

No seriously, twice already that pic

I do believe there are more posters...
Old 2006-01-01, 10:59   Link #93
Kensuke

Note to self, read the thread before posting pictures!

Sheesh... I don't know how I missed that.

Goes to look more pics.
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-01, 18:38   Link #94
Calca
Expressionless

Yo Mangatron, who's the girl with the "Oneechan daisuke" cap in your sig?
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-01, 18:46   Link #95
Furudanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetor
Yo Mangatron, who's the girl with the "Oneechan daisuke" cap in your sig?
It looks like Hikari Nakazato from Lamune.
Furudanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-01, 22:51   Link #96
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furudanuki
It looks like Hikari Nakazato from Lamune.
Correct! To be more specific, from the game that pic is from.

And sorry about the delays, chapters 10 and 11 will be released tomorrow night, that I'll be sure to do.
Old 2006-01-02, 03:28   Link #97
MonkeyBrains
It's what's for dinner

Quote:
Correct! To be more specific, from the game that pic is from.

And sorry about the delays, chapters 10 and 11 will be released tomorrow night, that I'll be sure to do.
I hope you'll excuse the n00b question, but where would I find your releases? I managed to find your releases on another IRC channel for chapters 1-7, but not on #l33t-raws, where I thought they might be. No chapters 8 and 9 though.

Last edited by MonkeyBrains; 2006-01-02 at 04:15.
Old 2006-01-02, 07:23   Link #98
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBrains
I hope you'll excuse the n00b question, but where would I find your releases? I managed to find your releases on another IRC channel for chapters 1-7, but not on #l33t-raws, where I thought they might be. No chapters 8 and 9 though.
Ah no, no releases at L-R because iwolf and I have a, how do you say, deal. Well, I'm not even sure what it is but my releases are at datorrents, since I can't post links Yahoo and Google are your friends

You can find 1-9 there, and, as of this moment, I decided to release a few hours ahead and I present you chapters 10 and 11. Enjoy!

On a side note, To Heart 2 ~Colorful Note~ is looking good right now
Old 2006-01-02, 12:31   Link #99
MonkeyBrains
It's what's for dinner

Thanks for the info. I found it fine. I guess what I downloaded was what was already released. I assume for numbering purposes chapters 8+9 are the extra compilations 1+2.

Thanks again.

Just looking over the comic real quick, I was amazed at how different it was from the TV show. I know you had mentioned this yourself, mangatron, when you first talked about it, but I was still surprised to see it myself.

Most of the stories are completely different, and in one case, where the story was similar, the comic and TV show took different directions. In the Kana "date" issue of the comic, there was no Kiri - it was only Elise following Kana and Hiroki around. The TV episode was similar in structure, except of course, it was Elise AND Kiri following them around. In fact, there is substantially less Kiri in the comic (so far) than in the TV show. She seemed to rarely appear, if at all, until chapter 7, I think, and her first appearance. And the comic also seemed to be creating a generic harem situation among all the students as well (where the TV show, so far, only has Kiri and Elise focusing on getting Hiroki's attentions). Very interesting.
Old 2006-01-02, 14:47   Link #100
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Enlil
EDIT: a few more minutes into that game and guess who I ran into
Spoiler for kawaii!:
OMG nosebleed galore!!! *passes out from the kawaiiness*

Tags
bishoujo, drama, eroge, f&c, kadokawa, romance, school life, seinen, slice of life, zexcs