Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2010-01-21, 14:04   Link #2661
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
Kowaiiii ><;;;
This is really all kinds of freaky, so I'll put a "not for sensitive people" sticker on this newspost... *shudders*

Sheep gives birth to human faced lamb
Not surprising . Thoses Herdsman ...
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-21, 14:22   Link #2662
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Not surprising . Thoses Herdsman ...
it is not as uncommon as we think

i was told this is form Queensland Australia
Old 2010-01-21, 17:38   Link #2663
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Yahoo to Haruka_Kitten
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsieczkar View Post
Human "bed-warmers" at Holiday Inn
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE60K50020100121
I think that I would pass on this service.
I've heard of that one. Was watching "The 7PM Project" and they were talking about "you imagine your job is to go to work and sleep all day. Imagine getting home and your wife's like "come to bed, hun" and you say "nah, i've spent all day in a bed"."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
it is not as uncommon as we think

Spoiler:

i was told this is form Queensland Australia
Woah...okay...that's a little freaky. Thank god I'm not from that state. We're home to something a little more...sane

Spoiler for big:

Now, I can 100% assure you, that's real. I have seen this one myself just at the northern point of the CBD. Before you lose your head at it's sheer complexity, break it down:
1) 1st and 4th columns. Arrows on far sides for turning traffic.
2) 2nd column. Cars going straight (strange as the road ahead is actually closed to private vehicle traffic, and that light never changes)
3) 3rd column. White Arrow? WTF? Before you start losing your marbles, remember that traffic lights applying to cars have Green Lights. What you are looking at is a Tram light. The red and yellow lights in that column are actually "T" (if arrows went there, it'd be easy to mistake for a car traffic light). The arrow means that it's for trams travelling forwards only.
4) Top left. Bicycle light. For bikes
5) Top right. Single white arrow. For trams turning right.

I love the press pack that goes in the Learner's handbook:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Road to solo driving
Traffic lights with arrows makes turning easier...

Last edited by Haruka_Kitten; 2010-01-23 at 21:47. Reason: clarify
Haruka_Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-21, 18:20   Link #2664
Seitsuki
Onee!

That's awesome. You guys are now fully qualified to drive in Asia and last for at least a week.
Old 2010-01-21, 18:25   Link #2665
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Yahoo to Haruka_Kitten
Strangest Australian Tourism Questions

as it so turns out, we no longer have a sense of direction. No you can't "drive from the Great Barrier Reef to Perth"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikita View Post
That's awesome. You guys are now fully qualified to drive in Asia and last for at least a week.
Oh I would so like to think that was the case. Unfortunately, by today's standards, 3/4 Currently Licenced Melburnians actually fail the practical driving test
Old 2010-01-22, 14:03   Link #2666
Knight Hawk
Lurker

Hugo Chavez Mouthpiece Says U.S. Hit Haiti With 'Earthquake Weapon'
Quote:
The United States apparently possesses an "earthquake weapon" that set off the catastrophic quake in Haiti and killed 200,000 innocents. Don't believe it's true? Just ask Hugo Chavez.

Citing an alleged report from Russia's Northern Fleet, the Venezuelan strongman's state mouthpiece ViVe TV shot out a press release saying the 7.0 magnitude Haiti quake was caused by a U.S. test of an experimental shockwave system that can also create "weather anomalies to cause floods, droughts and hurricanes."

The station's Web site added that the U.S. government's HAARP program, an atmospheric research facility in Alaska (and frequent subject of conspiracy theories), was also to blame for a Jan. 9 quake in Eureka, Calif., and may have been behind the 7.8-magnitude quake in China that killed nearly 90,000 people in 2008.
What's more, the site says, the cataclysmic ruin in Haiti was only a test run for much bigger game: the coming showdown with Iran.

The ultimate goal of the test attack in Haiti, the report reads, is the United States' "planned destruction of Iran through a series of earthquakes designed to topple the current Islamic regime."

The story has since been taken down from the Venezuelan Web site, but a Google cache of the charges remains intact.
Click here to see the report (Spanish) | Click here to see the report (English)

The publication of the story came just days after Chavez himself accused the U.S. of using the earthquake as an excuse to "invade and militarily occupy Haiti," a nation so poor that its entire economy is based on foreign aid — particularly from the U.S.

"The empire (the U.S.) is taking Haiti over the bodies and tears of its people," he said at a press conference.

"I read that 3,000 soldiers are arriving, Marines armed as if they were going to war. They are occupying Haiti undercover."

By week's end, some 16,000 U.S. troops are expected to be providing humanitarian assistance in Haiti, where they have taken control of the only working airport and are coordinating relief efforts on the ground.
Ahh Hugo, you never disappoint. Pure entertainment the likes of spanish soaps.
(Look up some videos of him, you'll see how exaggerated the guy is )
Old 2010-01-22, 14:16   Link #2667
hinakatbklyn

Nuclear weapons exist today. I doubt an earthquake weapon exists today except on TV movies. But who's to say a powerhouse country won't think up an idea like this in the near future. If that country wants to take down an enemy, they will come up with the resources to make such a weapon.
hinakatbklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 14:51   Link #2668
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

If they had a stealthy earthquake weapon, I'm pretty sure there are better targets than Haiti.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 15:57   Link #2669
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
If they had a stealthy earthquake weapon, I'm pretty sure there are better targets than Haiti.
According to him, Haiti was just used as a test before the US moved on to Iran.

I expect Hugo to be found dead in the coming months, maybe with some crack sprinkled on him.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 16:37   Link #2670
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

For $65, tourists get peek at Los Angeles gangland

Quote:

LOS ANGELES
– Only miles from the scenic vistas and celebrity mansions that draw sightseers from around the globe — but a world away from the glitz and glamour — a bus tour is rolling through the dark side of the city's gang turf.

Passengers paying $65 a head Saturday signed waivers acknowledging they could be crime victims and put their fate in the hands of tattooed ex-gang members who say they have negotiated a cease-fire among rivals in the most violent gangland in America.If that sounds daunting, consider the challenge facing organizers of LA Gang Tours: trying to build a thriving venture that provides a glimpse into gang life while also trying to convince people that gang-plagued communities are not as hopeless as movies depict."There's a fascination with gangs," said founder Alfred Lomas, a former member of the Florencia 13 gang. "We can either address the issue head-on, create awareness and discuss the positive things that go on in these communities, or we can try to sweep it under the carpet."Several observers have questioned the premise behind the tours, and some city politicians have been more blunt."It's a terrible idea," City Councilman Dennis Zine said. "Is it worth that thrill for 65 bucks? You can go to a (gang) movie for a lot less and not put yourself at risk."More than 50 people brushed aside safety concerns for Saturday's maiden tour to hear how notorious gangs got started and bear witness to the struggling neighborhoods where tens of thousands of residents have been lured into gang life.

The unmarked chartered coach wound its way through downtown. The first sight was a stretch of concrete riverbed featured in such movies as "Terminator" and "Grease," where countless splotches of gray paint conceal graffiti that is often the mark of street gangs and tagging crews.After that, it was on to the Central Jail, home to many a thug, past Skid Row's squalor and homeless masses and into South Los Angeles, breeding ground for some of the city's deadliest gangs. Motoring through an industrial area, the bus enters the Florence-Firestone neighborhood, close to the birthplace of the Crips and current home to Florencia 13, a Latino gang that was accused by federal prosecutors of racist attacks against black residents.Gray warehouses soon merge with single-story stucco homes as the bus heads south. Few gangsters risk hanging out on street corners, as local rules mean they could get arrested even for congregating, but graffiti on walls, road signs and convenience storefronts betray the presence of Florencia 13 and other gangs.Sieglinde Lemke, 46, an American Studies professor from the University of Freiburg in Germany, said she enjoyed the opportunity to interact with former gang members."It brings to life the class divisions you have in America," she said. "This is an area that's blocked out of my mental map of the States. It's important to get a firsthand account of the area."Junior high school teacher Prisca Ricks, 37, was of two minds about going on the tour after reading critical blog comments about it being "ghettotainment."But ultimately, she was pleased she went, and said she appreciated the focus on trying to help the community.

Lomas, 45, a respected activist who has worked with the faith-based Los Angeles Dream Center to distribute hundreds of tons of food to low-income families across the inner city, left gang life about five years ago.He stresses the aim of his nonprofit company is to bring jobs to communities along the route and to reinvest money through micro-loans and scholarships, though he's not sure how the tour will accomplish that. He also eventually wants to start a gallery and gang museum.He said the tour will create 10 part-time jobs, mainly for ex-gang members working as guides and talking about their own struggles and efforts to reduce violence. The tour is initially scheduled to run once a month. No tour quite like this runs elsewhere in the country. Chicago has a prohibition-era gangster tour, and another Los Angeles group buses people to infamous crime scenes, including the Black Dahlia murder. Lomas faces a quandary as he tries to show the troubled history of the area once known as South Central, before politicians renamed it South Los Angeles in 2003 in an attempt to change its deep association with urban strife. The tour is billed as "the first in the history of Los Angeles to experience areas that were forbidden." But tour leaders don't want it to be voyeuristic and sensational.

"We ain't going on no tour saying, 'Look at them Crips, look at them Bloods, look at them crack heads,'" said Frederick "Scorpio" Smith, an ex-Crip helping narrate, who helped broker the cease-fire among the Grape Street Crips, 18th Street, F13 and the East Coast Crips. Out of sensitivity to residents, passengers are banned from shooting photographs or video from the bus. The only place that is allowed is near the end of the trip, when they can step off the bus and film an outdoor area where graffiti is allowed. Stretches of the tour have almost nothing to do with gangs, but instead exploit famous chapters of violence in the city's history, such as a deadly 1974 shootout between police and the Symbionese Liberation Army and the site of the riots that followed the acquittal of officers in the Rodney King beating. If done right, the tour could highlight the decades-long struggle to solve the gang problem, said civil rights lawyer and gang expert Connie Rice. Gang crime has fallen in recent years, but groups continue to grow and gain influence. Over the past quarter century, officials in Los Angeles County have spent $25 billion fighting gangs only to see the number of gangsters double to as many as 90,000 and a six-fold increase in the number of gangs. "If it is carried out well and carefully and carried out with the consent of the community, it could teach people about the very entrenched culture that gangs now have in Los Angeles," Rice said.

City Councilwoman Jan Perry said she would rather tourists see the development potential in the neighborhoods that make up part of her district. About two years ago, she organized her own tour in the area for about 200 real estate agents and business representatives, resulting in the development of buildings with homes and businesses.

"I'd prefer we focus on showing the community in a positive light," she said.

Quote:
LA Gang Tours http://www.lagangtours.com

Credits : Yahoo News

Old 2010-01-22, 17:29   Link #2671
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zu Ra View Post

Credits : Yahoo News

I'm sorry, but I cannot believe someone is cashing in on the underground
Old 2010-01-22, 17:39   Link #2672
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Mafioso tours in Little Sicily in Chicago are a common site . Al Capone still sells and brings in the tourists . Most of the present day gangs from Aryan Brotherhood to Crips have there roots/origins in East La / La . This isn't the first time, but a first when it comes to the modern gangster/gangs .

Here is something that might interest you : )

* Al Capone / Gangster Tours
Old 2010-01-23, 00:37   Link #2673
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support

Woman kills boyfriend by sitting on him

Wow....
Old 2010-01-23, 00:40   Link #2674
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harufox View Post
And this is one of the reasons why I won't date/marry someone who is twice or more my size...
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 04:03   Link #2675
Woopzilla
Desensitized

Sit? I suppose her entire weight was placed on his chest, similar to him trying to benchpress 136kg and having it crash down onto him.

During an argument/fight, 'sitting' on someone that's nearly a 1/3 your size is dangerous and was obviously done in malice. You don't just decide to sit on people at random. You wouldn't allow a child to sit on a baby either... but she just gets a probation. Bleh.
Old 2010-01-23, 16:05   Link #2676
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...a120712S86.DTL

Police said the man called Marlborough Police on Monday to say he'd paid the woman and a third party $150 to have sex with him on Sunday, but she wouldn't follow through.
a good argument for the judge to order this guy get the snipe.
Old 2010-01-23, 16:29   Link #2677
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

'Crime lord's' fake penis falls off in raid

Quote:
SOUTH African police caught more than they expected in a Cape Town drug raid when a strap-on dildo fell off a suspected crime lord during a search, the Sunday Times reported.

Fat Murphy, feared on the streets of Cape Town's notorious Cape Flats suburb, told a court that he is a hermaphrodite who holds male and female identity documents - one under the name Fadwaan, the other under Hilary.

Police and a tearful Murphy recounted the saga during a bail hearing for Murphy's charges of possession of stolen property, which come on top of earlier charges of kidnapping and intimidation, the paper said.

"I had a vagina that could not be penetrated. But I also had male organs, testes. But I always knew I was really a man and that was what I wanted to be," he told the court, according to the newspaper.

"God created me with both sexual organs. It was God's decision, not mine."

Murphy has been married twice - his second wife's name is tattooed on his arm. He said received his male identity documents after undergoing surgery to remove his female organs when he was in his teens, the paper said.

Police say Murphy offered them 9,100 rand ($1300) not to search him during the raid.

Police said they were investigating how Murphy obtained his male identity documents, saying they found no records of him undergoing sex change surgery.

Murphy was released on 300 rand ($43) bail.
He may have to get his street cred back up a bit.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 04:08   Link #2678
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Cops Can Arrest You for Carrying More Than Two Condoms

Source : La Figa

Quote:

Washington DC police can arrest a woman in any area they’ve declared prostitution free zone. And in a backasswards move to curb prostitution, carrying more than two condoms is considered proof of intention to prostitute.

I don’t know about you, but I’ve been lucky enough to date 3+ condom types. And even with one shot wonders, the fact is condoms break and you may need spares. A smart dater brings his or her own just to be safe. And to make sure you have the brand you like.But all of that aside, “you’re a whore for carrying condoms” issue puts prostitutes and their clients (not to mention their clients’ other sex partners) at risk for HIV/AIDS and other STDs. Washington DC has an HIV/AIDS infection rate of 3%, the highest in the United States.

Dr. Ray Martins, Chief Medical Officer at the Whitman-Walker Clinic, the largest provider of HIV care in the nation’s capital said

Quote:
If we know that three percent are currently diagnosed, the underlying number is probably five and six, or closer to five percent.
The Centers for Disease Control and the World Health Organization consider a one percent infection rate as the threshold for a severe epidemic.
Old 2010-01-24, 05:07   Link #2679
Seitsuki
Onee!

It's not really news. But I feel the strange urge to post this.
Spoiler for NSFH (not safe for health):
Old 2010-01-24, 06:24   Link #2680
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikita View Post
It's not really news. But I feel the strange urge to post this.
Spoiler for NSFH (not safe for health):
Woah...wow

I got one word: Begins in S, ends in T, and it isn't Soot.

Tags
humor