Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-02-05, 19:50   Link #61
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
oh god. Seeing that rape scene was.....difficult....

since she looked almost like Motoko Kusanagi, and she's like, a Ninja Goddess, you can't mind rape the Major Motoko, she mind RAPES YOU!
Dammit, I hate that she looks similar to my Goddess,
It like seeing your idol image destroyed...
but i must admit the vulnerability of this look-a-like is still human in the cliche way, not as in depth as Motoko, I means she not even CLOSE in skill as Motoko, thus i guess i shouldn't judge her so, but yeah ep2 really shines.
That bastard is gonna pay, oh im gonna watch this series just to see her, rip his guts out and watch his head explode...
Can't wait for ep3!
Old 2007-02-06, 20:45   Link #62
Mazryonh

Ayane didn't resemble Motoko Kusanagi a whole lot in the original game (just the hair, mostly). But it seems that Trinet wanted to push the resemblance further to gain Ghost in the Shell fans--another great series involving adventures in cyberspace.

I wouldn't say she resembles Melissa Mao from Full Metal Panic, though. Melissa's hair is always black, and at times frizzy (little strands pointing several directions) at times.

Come to think of it, did Seiji Kikuchi (Baldr Force's character designer) think of Ayane from Dead or Alive when he made Baldr Force's Ayane?

It seems though that the higher-ups have decided to follow Ryang's path in the game thus far, because Ayane revealed herself as Yuuya's killer right at the middle of this 4-episode series. I'd like to see whom Tooru will throw his lot with.

I wonder if characters like Tsukina and Bachelor will get the short sticks, though. It's only the second episode and Tsukina has already been brainwashed--in the game Tooru got to know her a bit (intimately in her path) before her grey matter entered the spin cycle. The way things look, she won't be given much time or trouble at all. The same will likely go for Bachelor; she may never have the time to appear in the flesh before Tooru.

How many fanboys do you think went to buy (or download) this episode just to hear Ren's loli screaming when she was caught by the virtual giraffe, or her little fashion show? Is Noriko Shitaya, Ren's VA, being typecast these days? Her last big-name job I can remember was Sakura Matou in Fate/Stay Night.

I hope this series lives up to the depth of its source material. I am a little worried that Kaira is the best-looking female in this incarnation, though.
Old 2007-02-07, 00:01   Link #63
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
Quote:
Originally Posted by martino View Post
Doesn't the main male lead like the main male character from Full Metal Panic??? (I've never seen FMP)
LOL, and the team mate guy like Klutz from FMP :P

and that scene shock me

and I'm amazed that they also show nipples in the anime :O
Old 2007-02-07, 19:24   Link #64
Zekk

are there official release dates for ep3 and 4?
Old 2007-02-08, 15:40   Link #65
Mazryonh

February the 9th, apparently, for Episode 3. That is, if you trust the website.

I look forward to the next one.
Old 2007-02-08, 17:28   Link #66
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

OVAs are frequently behind schedule... I never believe they are released until it happens.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-02-09, 03:14   Link #67
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
OVAs are frequently behind schedule... I never believe they are released until it happens.
Well, the third OVA has already been released today. In fact, the torrent for the RAW of episode three has already come out too.
Old 2007-02-09, 03:28   Link #68
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Now I believe.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-02-09, 03:33   Link #69
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

#KissSub has also released their sub version for episodes 1 and 2 in Xvid .avi format.
Old 2007-02-09, 15:12   Link #70
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode three was a shocker.

Tooru stands against the wall between two oppossing sides.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-02-14, 22:11   Link #71
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Wow, episode 3 has some pretty insane stuff going on!

In a way though, I sort of knew it would happen, but it was still entertaining nonetheless.
Old 2007-02-14, 22:13   Link #72
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
Wow, episode 3 has some pretty insane stuff going on!

In a way though, I sort of knew it would happen, but it was still entertaining nonetheless.
You'll be glad to learn that KissSub has already released its sub for episode three just five days after the RAW came out.

BTW, according to the official website, episode four comes out on April 4th.
Old 2007-02-14, 22:17   Link #73
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Way ahead of ya!

And that is pretty fast so kudos to them!
Old 2007-02-15, 06:32   Link #74
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
what the omg crap wtfness
ep 3 was insane!
Spoiler:

well i cant see where this is going now ~ after a disappointing first ep this and ep 2 really pays for everything ~ im excited to see the next

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-02-17, 15:16   Link #75
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

The beginning of the episode 3 made me shout.

"Shinn is back!"

The episode was so good!

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2007-02-21, 11:34   Link #76
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Oh my HARUHI!

Its the beginning of Shodan!!

She's coming for us ALL!

lololol!!

Ep3 is pure WIN!

Its like Ghost in the Shell but the lighter, pop-culture casual sci-fi horror version! wooot!

Bring on Ep4!!!

This is what Motoko would of been if she had ascended too early, didn't have robotic body prosthetics or joined section 9.

Old 2007-02-28, 02:34   Link #77
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

? Caught the first episode recently, and I am surprised by all the negativity towards it. With regards to the animation quality, I think it is absurd to associate it with Soul Link's level. The animation is not that bad, and not once did I feel the urge to rub my eyes.

There are some cliches which might seem rather hard to swallow at first, but since this is only a 4-episode OVA series, I am willing to grace them a higher level of suspension of disbelief, in order for the storyline to progress.

Thus far I am enjoying this OVA( opinions subjected to rapid change ).

ADD] Some .GIFs from Ep02.

Not AnimeSuki-Friendly

AnimeSuki-Friendly

I was surprised at the number of unique frames in this 3-second scene! The first two follows the timing of the OVA, with the former containing ALL the unique frames, while the latter only has HALF of it.

The AnimeSuki-Friendly one contains merely a THIRD of the unique frames, and as a consequence, I had to speed up the timing so as to prevent jerkiness in the animation.

Cheers.

Last edited by Skane; 2007-02-28 at 03:46.
Old 2007-04-05, 16:58   Link #78
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

BALDR FORCE EXE Resolution - Last Thoughts

OVA 4 came out yesterday, and after I watched it I felt a deep impresion that this particular chapter implicates that if we end up depending to rely upon all of technology for our basic needs and living standards, then we will end up digging our own graves.

I do not know how long or short this summary would be, but I am giving my best shot to compile what I understood watching the fourth OVA in spite of the language barrier.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-10, 11:37   Link #79
Wings
Through time and space

Nice summary Guido! Seems like it was a bit hurried of an ending, but then that's to be expected. :P
Old 2007-04-10, 14:12   Link #80
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings View Post
Nice summary Guido! Seems like it was a bit hurried of an ending, but then that's to be expected. :P
I agree. Even if the animation was outstanding (particularly on the crazy scene when Tooru fights one-to-million against all of the VSS simulacrum) and visually stunning, the pacing and developments did not do justice to the overall story.

I think the OVA only emphasized strictly on Tooru's relationship and issues with Ren, casting aside or donwplaying other plot issues.
Spoiler:

BALDR Force should had deserved at least a twelve-episodes TV series to fully flesh out the above mentioned issues. Nonetheless, the animation hooked me up. This was the 9th title from the fall season that I finished.
Spoiler:
Closed Thread