Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgo_3079 View Post
It's just like you ask
"Why does C.C always be with Lelouch on magazine or OST's cover ?"
Because CC is popular and sells ?

Spring sakura : I think that's because during R2, there was far more devellopment and screentime for Kallen than for CC, so discussion were a lot about her, each week.
CC didn't really have a lot in R2, and I had to admit than that's annoying. Her name (which were meant to be spoilerish about the serie), her past, I was waiting a lot an finally we didn't had this (we had her past, but well, I was hoping so much for her to be an ancient royalty...now that I think about it, those people which were launching rocks on a heass symbol gave me this idea...an we didn't really have a proper explanation about this)

Now if they could do an OAV to explain everything about her it would been far more interesting for her character than her R2 screentime (Am I the only one tired of Cheese kun ?)

Or we can comfort us by thinking that her name was really Cheese Crust and that she was the foundator of Pizza hut.

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 05:56   Link #3982
Virgo_3079
Ever forever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
Because CC is popular and sells ?

Spring sakura : I think that's because during R2, there was far more devellopment and screentime for Kallen than for CC, so discussion were a lot about her, each week.
CC didn't really have a lot in R2, and I had to admit than that's annoying. Her name (which were meant to be spoilerish about the serie), her past, I was waiting a lot an finally we didn't had this (we had her past, but well, I was hoping so much for her to be an ancient royalty...now that I think about it, those people which were launching rocks on a heass symbol gave me this idea...an we didn't really have a proper explanation about this)

Now if they could do an OAV to explain everything about her it would been far more interesting for her character than her R2 screentime (Am I the only one tired of Cheese kun ?)

Or we can comfort us by thinking that her name was really Cheese Crust and that she was the foundator of Pizza hut.
I am just kidding. Does the romance war make people become too serious? =.=

'-_- talk about her past,I was disappointed that they focused not much on her past and to me her wish is quite easy to guess. However,I am fine with her name.Without revealing her name,maybe they mean that her name is so special that only someone special to her can know ,who knows

Finally,don't compare screentime between Kallen and C.C. it's true that C.C. didn't have much screentime like Kallen but each time she had character develpoment,it turned out to be pretty meaningful.
Old 2008-11-19, 06:15   Link #3983
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
I am just kidding. Does the romance war make people become too serious? =.=

'-_- talk about her past,I was disappointed that they focused not much on her past and to me her wish is quite easy to guess. However,I am fine with her name.Without revealing her name,maybe they mean that her name is so special that only someone special to her can know ,who knows

Finally,don't compare screentime between Kallen and C.C. it's true that C.C. didn't have much screentime like Kallen but each time she had character develpoment,it turned out to be pretty meaningful.
Maybe I was joking too ? :'P

Well the point wasn't to compare CC and Kallen's devellopment (cause to Kallen too it was meaningful) but to answer at the question : Why Kallen's thread does have so many page.
Simply because a lot of things happened to her in R2, and there were many discussion, for the worse and the better

About CC's wish, well, since the start I thought about the dying wish so yep, it wasn't a surprise. Now about the fact that only Lelouch knows about her name, since he is dead, I think it's kinda sad; her conclusion implies she is ready to enjoy her life and no more live this as an experience accumulation, so it would have been nice to learn her human name.
I would have like an ending where she is meeting someone (not forcefully someone important at all, someone like this cart driver to ask him to travel on his cart) and is telling something like "I my name is ~..." And there, the camera leaves, letting us without the name, but knowing that she isn't going live anymore with "CC" but with her true name.

It would have been pretty good from my view, and pretty symbolic of her ability to open herself to the world.

Old 2008-11-19, 06:43   Link #3984
Virgo_3079
Ever forever...

Quote:
I would have like an ending where she is meeting someone (not forcefully someone important at all, someone like this cart driver to ask him to travel on his cart) and is telling something like "I my name is ~..." And there, the camera leaves, letting us without the name, but knowing that she isn't going live anymore with "CC" but with her true name.
It's pretty nice for C.C. to do so However ,I still prefer a mysterious C.C. .The fact that she wants to live means that she is finally changed.To me that's enough,she dosen't need to open herself to prove that she is not the old C.C.
Old 2008-11-19, 07:18   Link #3985
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!

Thanks for the replies. Anyway , I feel like C.C.'s name SHOULD not be revealed because I like the idea of ONLY Lelouch knowing her real name.
Spring_sakura111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 07:54   Link #3986
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
It's pretty nice for C.C. to do so However ,I still prefer a mysterious C.C. .The fact that she wants to live means that she is finally changed.To me that's enough,she dosen't need to open herself to prove that she is not the old C.C.
Well it depends of people I guess, but that's what missed in CC imo; More characted devellopment toward an opening to the world; That's why I loved to see her intercations with Kallen, with Tamaki...I really think it's a shame that they didn't work more on this subject, cause those were pure win; I never liked CC as much than whn I saw her trusting Kallen to save Lelouch, than in her interactions with others...
In the end, though they imply that her life with Lelouch will permit her to finally really live, I would have like to see more devllopment in this direction during the serie, that's what missed in her, and I think that's why finally, though I liked her, she wasn't my favourite character.

I think it would have been much more interesting to have see her be develloped like this than to see her hugging Cheese kun while eating pizza; But to this she would have need to get more screentime (Too many new characters and finally...)

And well, to enjoy your life, you need to meet people, to have faith in them, etc etc no ? So an opening is necessary ;p

Well Sakura, if this please you, why not, but I just would have liked more positive closure to CC (I don't like to see her alone, so her name revealed to some people... I would have LOVED that)

Old 2008-11-19, 14:42   Link #3987
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Hm... but I got the impression that C.C. is more comfortable with only a few people she is really close to - and then she devotes herself completely to them (Mao, Marianne, Lelouch...).
She's not exactly a loner, but I think Lelouch, pizza and Cheese-kun would have been enough to keep her happy.
Still, I agree that she could have used a little more character developement. Like taking revenge on Clovis by chasing him to the other end of the planet... too bad they killed him of so early. They could have "traveled" the world together. xD
Nogitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 15:05   Link #3988
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
C.C's interations with kallen tamaki and kaguya were pure gold IMO
Old 2008-11-19, 15:11   Link #3989
Levy
differently sober

You have a very good point with Kaguya here. I liked the little glimpse we have of it...
and CC and Karen are so cute in the first part of R2 U.U
Levy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 15:26   Link #3990
Eliarine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring_sakura111 View Post
Thanks for the replies. Anyway , I feel like C.C.'s name SHOULD not be revealed because I like the idea of ONLY Lelouch knowing her real name.
Agreed. It makes their relationship even more unique. (even if I am curious about it xDD; ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
Hm... but I got the impression that C.C. is more comfortable with only a few people she is really close to - and then she devotes herself completely to them (Mao, Marianne, Lelouch...).
She's not exactly a loner, but I think Lelouch, pizza and Cheese-kun would have been enough to keep her happy.
*meows in agreement*
Eliarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 18:42   Link #3991
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Well it depends of people I guess, but that's what missed in CC imo; More characted devellopment toward an opening to the world; That's why I loved to see her intercations with Kallen, with Tamaki...
Her interactions with Kallen were pure win and generally, her role in S1 with her sarcastic comments and jokes were super. Too bad that in R2 her role was SO limited that it became kinda a joke. :/
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 19:38   Link #3992
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyless View Post
Her interactions with Kallen were pure win and generally, her role in S1 with her sarcastic comments and jokes were super. Too bad that in R2 her role was SO limited that it became kinda a joke. :/

Yep, when she is in her mood, she is awesome; In the first picture drama and in Beautiful rebellion, it was the same. She was really poorly written during R2, what a waste to a character with so much potential.
I really hope they will be able to do some side story with her, to fulfill all those hole. (Just like the one about Turn 11 of S1, while she was speaking to someone in her dream) This makes me think that if one day there is a next part, she will be certainly a part of it...now I just wonder if one day, she will be able to lost her immortality.

Old 2008-11-19, 19:49   Link #3993
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Yep, when she is in her mood, she is awesome; In the first picture drama and in Beautiful rebellion, it was the same. She was really poorly written during R2, what a waste to a character with so much potential.
I really hope they will be able to do some side story with her, to fulfill all those hole. (Just like the one about Turn 11 of S1, while she was speaking to someone in her dream) This makes me think that if one day there is a next part, she will be certainly a part of it...now I just wonder if one day, she will be able to lost her immortality.
True. I mean her line "you are full of useless talent" in R2 made me ROFL so bad that day, i still remember it. XD
It was like we were watching a different show in R2 and in S1 when it came to CC development. Waste, no kidding.
Old 2008-11-19, 20:48   Link #3994
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!

Ha-ha. You are full of useless talent. Awesomeness. I miss those scenes where Lelouch and C.C. throw insulting remarks at each other.
Old 2008-11-20, 04:12   Link #3995
Levy
differently sober

Girls, just let me say I'm kinda relieved.. after all the mess in the romance thread is nice to hear that so active KaLulu fans do actually love C.C. <3

..or it's just a tactical move to come fishing for new naive CLuClu fans in what is supposed to be their base, so that the wank can go on?

C.C. too had her character development in R2, less than Karen and Nunnaly, but more than Suzaku, for example.
As for kissing Charles and the naked man, well, me as an adult has no problem with that, but I understand that a teenage would have been traumatized forever by the image of Curly kissing anything, so I understand why they erased that part.
Levy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 04:26   Link #3996
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levy View Post
Girls, just let me say I'm kinda relieved.. after all the mess in the romance thread is nice to hear that so active KaLulu fans do actually love C.C. <3

..or it's just a tactical move to come fishing for new naive CLuClu fans in what is supposed to be their base, so that the wank can go on?

C.C. too had her character development in R2, less than Karen and Nunnaly, but more than Suzaku, for example.
As for kissing Charles and the naked man, well, me as an adult has no problem with that, but I understand that a teenage would have been traumatized forever by the image of Curly kissing anything, so I understand why they erased that part.

Lol, I don't think neither of us really hate CC you know xD
We jusyt didn't see something romantic with her and are for another pairing, but CC is still an awesome girl, though just like we said, we are kinda disappointed by her poor devellopment in R2.
Because her interactions with people were awesome at the start and finally, nothing really changed about her, until she realised that Lelouch didn't hate her and that she was able to enjoy her life.

I would have love to see more devellopment to come at this conclusion (and this mysterious past which was meant to mean more attractive); Usually, poor devellopment is what makes me dislike a character *coughLacuscough*; About CC, she still had her particularities so it's kinda hard to dislike her, but more chara devellopment would have been really welcome, especially, juste like Skyless said, after have watching S1.

*We have been exposed. Retreat, Skyless !*

Old 2008-11-20, 04:46   Link #3997
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!

Quote:
Lol, I don't think neither of us really hate CC you know xD
We jusyt didn't see something romantic with her and are for another pairing, but CC is still an awesome girl, though just like we said, we are kinda disappointed by her poor devellopment in R2.
Because her interactions with people were awesome at the start and finally, nothing really changed about her, until she realised that Lelouch didn't hate her and that she was able to enjoy her life.

I would have love to see more devellopment to come at this conclusion (and this mysterious past which was meant to mean more attractive); Usually, poor devellopment is what makes me dislike a character *coughLacuscough*; About CC, she still had her particularities so it's kinda hard to dislike her, but more chara devellopment would have been really welcome, especially, juste like Skyless said, after have watching S1.

*We have been exposed. Retreat, Skyless !*
LOL. Well, I'm a CLuCLu fan myself but I don't actually hate Kallen. But I saw something in C.C. that made me a solid CLuClu fan. Lelouch's last words for her before Guren interrupted them, C.C. being as Lelouch's sheild , being "partners" from the start and their not-so-ordinary relationship made me a CluClu. Oh wait...This isn't the romance thread, right?
Old 2008-11-20, 05:08   Link #3998
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levy View Post

Despite popular belief, Kalulu and Kallen fans can like CluClu and C.C as well. XD

Hmm, well Suzaku had development to be honest, just not that much. It seems a lot of things were shafted, that is like default and C.C's development must have been one for them. Sure, 15 was her central episode but come on Sunrise guys, her Mao Arc in first season lasted longer. Pizza+sarcastic jokes were a lot lesser in R2 which was a disappointment to see. Or NOT to see, technically.

Loli, i should be giving the order to you, i am the captain. XD
Old 2008-11-20, 05:23   Link #3999
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!

Yeah..>.< Moe C.C. had lotsa screen time ROFL.
Old 2008-11-20, 06:20   Link #4000
Virgo_3079
Ever forever...

'-_- moe C.C. reminds me too much of Chii

I was fine with Kallen until she left Lelouch's side in ep 19. I know that she was fooled by Lelouch,but well,somehow I feel kallen didn't fully believe in him.