AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Durarara!!

Notices

Old 2010-02-13, 04:33   Link #1001
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplehurry View Post
Is it a railgun reference when the 3 people drink milk ?
It's the kind of joke that's been used for many many years, so i just say it's apart of that.
Old 2010-02-13, 05:12   Link #1002
Wrath88
Kissing...

It's not so much a railgun ref, but about milk. E.g. you see milk drinking after being in a bath or onsen... call it subtle advertising, perhaps.

I find that the manga version of the torture was much more interesting, as here we only see Walker and Erika make all those gestures before the guy cracks.
Old 2010-02-13, 06:10   Link #1003
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

Thumbs up

This is a seriously twisted series.
Bikerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 06:54   Link #1004
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
Well my theory was right about Seiji's sister. (Minus the Slasher part)

Now all i'm curious about is what Izaya the boss plans on doing with everyone he invited to his gang. Especially Mikado seeing as he has access to the group chat. He still hasn't had his part to play yet.

That, and i'm wondering why Seiji's sister is experimenting.

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Jin Kizuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 07:10   Link #1005
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin Kizuite View Post
Now all i'm curious about is what Izaya the boss plans on doing with everyone he invited to his gang. Especially Mikado seeing as he has access to the group chat. He still hasn't had his part to play yet.
The group chat seems not specifically DOLLARS related imho So far it seems to be the public phone chats i.e the one that can be seen by everyone. So not specifically DOLLARS' chat site and both Tanaka Tarou (Mikado) and Setton-san (Certy) are less involved with DOLLARS member matters.

Besides, it's still up in the air about DOLLARS' leader I don't think Izaya is particularly the DOLLARS' leader, unlike what Dotachin said. Seriously adorable Dotachin seems to be not really keen on his observation XD Izaya is far too... Idk but he is not the type who will take up such role-if he was at least DOLLARS member he would be the one pulling all the strings in a way, not directly standing above everyone else and would prefer working in the backstage. What and which strings are still... Out of my imagination.

Last edited by Natsuki Hyuga; 2010-02-13 at 07:20.
Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 08:37   Link #1006
ayu
DUN.DDUN.DDDUN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Block View Post
Not really. Notice that Anri was with Mikado and Kida in the Russian Sushi House, and it was already dark outside. This scenario has not been presented in previous episodes, so this scene couldn't have been a flashback to last ep's content.

Basically, AFAIK, this is how the current timeline (based on Mikado's arrival) looks like:
Day 00
Mikado arrives at Ikebukuro.Ep01 Rio kidnapping and failed suicide takes place.Ep02

Day 01
Anri and Mikado get elected as class representatives. Anri spots neck-injury-girl for the first time, gets bullied, runs into Izaya, and then Shizou soon after.Ep03

Day 02
Shinra's documentary may have been recorded during this time (optimal, assuming no days were skipped so far), as Rio already has her new look and the bully got a new bag and cellphone. Assuming this, Shinra told the street artist that his drawing was fine without a head either in the morning or the day before, while Celty was searching for the street artist the whole day.Ep04

Day 03
Mikado and Kida run into Anri on the way to school (Mikado refers to the Izaya vs Shizou incident as taking place "the other day"), and they walk together through awkward silence. Mikado and Kida learn about Harima, and in the afternoon Kida asks Dotachin's group about the Dollars. Double slasher incident happens at night.Ep05

Day 04
Mikado and Kida run into Anri on the way to school, but this time they can be seen having a regular conversation.Ep05 It is possible that this is continued in Ep06, where the three can be seen eating after school in the Russian Sushi House, and talking about Harima. Assuming continuity from Ep05: Apparently, today is also the 50% off day for the Russian Sushi House. The Kaztano incident takes place in the afternoon, and into the night.Ep06

Day 05
Information is tortured out of Fat Kidnapper. Dotachin's group arrives at Yagiri Pharmacy.Ep06
Questions:
1)Celty came to Ikebukuro in search of the artist, does it mean she'd been searching for years and happened to reach Ikebukuro when Mikado arrived?

2)The preview at the end of Ep05 calls "the Kaztano incident" a legend, it could've happened way back before the Mikado arrived.
ayu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 09:12   Link #1007
CWW
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayu View Post
Questions:
1)Celty came to Ikebukuro in search of the artist, does it mean she'd been searching for years and happened to reach Ikebukuro when Mikado arrived?

2)The preview at the end of Ep05 calls "the Kaztano incident" a legend, it could've happened way back before the Mikado arrived.
1. She's been living with Shinra for quite some time possibly since her arrival in Japan.

2. Mikado was at the sushi place when the group was eating out.
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 09:29   Link #1008
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayu View Post
Questions:
Also, the kidnapper group had already met Celty, on Mikado's first night in Ikebukuro. Not to mention that Seiji has already found the person he loves...

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 09:56   Link #1009
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Block View Post
Not really. Notice that Anri was with Mikado and Kida in the Russian Sushi House, and it was already dark outside. This scenario has not been presented in previous episodes, so this scene couldn't have been a flashback to last ep's content.
Yeah, that why I said "partly", but your probably right, or maybe it's a mixture of both.

Quote:
Day 01
Anri and Mikado get elected as class representatives. Anri spots neck-injury-girl for the first time, gets bullied, runs into Izaya, and then Shizou soon after.Ep03

Day 02
Shinra's documentary may have been recorded during this time (optimal, assuming no days were skipped so far), as Rio already has her new look and the bully got a new bag and cellphone. Assuming this, Shinra told the street artist that his drawing was fine without a head either in the morning or the day before, while Celty was searching for the street artist the whole day.Ep04
I think these events could have probably taken place in the same day much like ep1 and 2 did. Ep3 followed Mikado's side of story, but Celty was riding in broadlight and at the Afternoon in that ep. We know in ep4 she had met with Izaya during the day for payment for some job and learned about the street artist. Shinra met the very same artist around this time. At some point she met Shizuo who helped her search for the guy, who they did not meet till the afternoon. The artist states during the conversation the that a man (Shinra) told him his drawings of Cetly where fine without the head. After meeting she parted ways with Shizuo at which point Mikado saw her for the second time near the end of ep3 (which was in the Afternoon). Later that night Shinra is filming his documentary on her.

Quote:
Day 03
Mikado and Kida run into Anri on the way to school (Mikado refers to the Izaya vs Shizou incident as taking place "the other day"), and they walk together through awkward silence. Mikado and Kida learn about Harima, and in the afternoon Kida asks Dotachin's group about the Dollars. Double slasher incident happens at night.Ep05

Day 04
Mikado and Kida run into Anri on the way to school, but this time they can be seen having a regular conversation.Ep05 It is possible that this is continued in Ep06, where the three can be seen eating after school in the Russian Sushi House, and talking about Harima. Assuming continuity from Ep05: Apparently, today is also the 50% off day for the Russian Sushi House. The Kaztano incident takes place in the afternoon, and into the night.Ep06
The Russian Sushi scene might happened in ep5 (2nd day of school) since IIRC it takes place in the afternoon, after the meal Kida probably spoke to Kadota about the DOLLARS then the Slashing incidents at night.

Quote:
Day 05
Information is tortured out of Fat Kidnapper. Dotachin's group arrives at Yagiri Pharmacy.Ep06
The Kaztano story was implied to have happened earlier likely around ep3 (Ist day of school) during the night. They could of visited the Pharmacy after dealing with Kidnappers.

Quote:
Note that if Ep06 does not continue directly from the day Ep05 ended, then Day04 and Day05 can be moved to Day<04+x> and Day<05+x>, where x is the number of days between events at the end of Ep05 (morning meet and greet, walk and talk) and the 50% off day of the Russian Sushi House.
The 50% off deal at the Sushi also likely happened in ep 5.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2010-02-13 at 10:06.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 14:06   Link #1010
tieria.erde
T-chan fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
1000 posts for 6 eps - I'd think we're getting pretty close to sufficient popularity for a sub-forum.

On balance, this is the best series of the winter season. When you consider all aspects - writing, animation, voice cast - this is a premiere effort that any of the major studios would be proud to call their own.
agree - we should have a DRRR subforum.

episode 6 has to be the best! awesome action and story telling! totally loved izaya's little role but password to enter dollars gotto be the best!

Spoiler for password lulz:
tieria.erde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 15:29   Link #1011
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by tieria.erde View Post
Spoiler for password lulz:
Spoiler for and the other password is!:
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 18:12   Link #1012
Iron Maw
Banned

My god... DRRR fanart on pixiv has broken over 10,000 art in less than a month.

BTW, I don't think this was mentioned but Fujita Saki who voices Hatsune Miku did the VA of Idol Hijiribe Ruri.
Old 2010-02-13, 18:16   Link #1013
SMT
*Artist

Durarara is a bit overhyped I guess.
SMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 18:18   Link #1014
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOapps View Post
Durarara is a bit overhyped I guess.
It's not that. Like it's been explained, the show does a good job at appealing to the female fanbase, so it's no surprise to see such high numbers on pixiv with that in mind.
Old 2010-02-13, 18:22   Link #1015
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
It's not that. Like it's been explained, the show does a good job at appealing to the female fanbase, so it's no surprise to see such high numbers on pixiv with that in mind.
Plus the novels were already popular to begin with.
Old 2010-02-13, 18:31   Link #1016
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
And did you guys say that a lot of these people were also APH fanartists? That show hasn't been on in about a month so I guess they needed something else to occupy their time with.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 18:46   Link #1017
SMT
*Artist

Quote:
I didn't really mean it in a negative way. Should've added a smily to outline that, sorry.

Actually I'm wondering why there's still no sub forum for it.
SMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 18:47   Link #1018
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Plus the novels were already popular to begin with.
Not quite sure, by the time the anime air seems like the novel has yet to sell more than 20K (or maybe even under 20K). Said novel have been released since 2004 by the way. Comparing it with BakaTest, BakaTest will be the one that has more buyers/viewer potential. Not surprisingly, reflected in the anticipation survey by Dengeki.

It just went out of the scale after succesful entertaining episodes aired, and... Well, stay that way for two weeks at least. Who knows how the sales will go in the future and when more episodes air

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
And did you guys say that a lot of these people were also APH fanartists? That show hasn't been on in about a month so I guess they needed something else to occupy their time with.
Scarily, it's not only APH; some well-known REBORN's (e.g: KINE-AQUA), Inazuma Eleven's and Pokemon's have been jumping in the wagon willingly. I know half of them are sadists lmao

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 19:33   Link #1019
Kagura89

Quote:

BTW, I don't think this was mentioned but Fujita Saki who voices Hatsune Miku did the VA of Idol Hijiribe Ruri.
What?Miku singing in my Durarara?That's make my day
Kagura89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 19:39   Link #1020
Kunagisa

Quote:
My god... DRRR fanart on pixiv has broken over 10,000 art in less than a month.

serenade_beta did actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Not quite sure, by the time the anime air seems like the novel has yet to sell more than 20K (or maybe even under 20K). Said novel have been released since 2004 by the way. Comparing it with BakaTest, BakaTest will be the one that has more buyers/viewer potential. Not surprisingly, reflected in the anticipation survey by Dengeki.

It just went out of the scale after succesful entertaining episodes aired, and... Well, stay that way for two weeks at least. Who knows how the sales will go in the future and when more episodes air
This. And I would like to see some links to the sales figure to the anime if possible, as Rankbank indicates somewhat differently.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, light novel adaptation, shounen