Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-06-19, 16:50   Link #1861
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Whoa there, calm down with the hostility. Everyone has their opinions, its their right as well the rights of others to either accept it or disagree with it. As for Claire, whether you hate her or not. She doesn't really bother me, at times she is annoying and other times she is a blast to read.
Well, I want to blast that wench into pieces...

I fear that Claire will emerge as victory girl since every girls in the first cover of the LN or the first ally usually win, with their childhood friend or partner becoming unlucky childhood friend.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 16:52   Link #1862
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Well I find that the norm, but I think the author will take a different route of ending it as a Harem.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 17:08   Link #1863
Log
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bietchie11 View Post
You know. What you suggest is what i already try.
If you read my previous post. You would know i read "Campione!" just for Erica scene and skip every single stupid battle where the one who is the best at trash-talking is the one who win.
What the hell are you talking about?

Campione has stupid fighting scenes? The one with the best trash-talking wins?

Do you even read campione?

Just because campione's battle scenes are to hard for you to grasp doesn't mean it's bad.

Also stop your bitching, we get it already.
Log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 17:28   Link #1864
Athena
The Power of One

Again, except her ennemies and maybe Rinslet, I haven't see Claire hit anyone in the latest volume I've read.

1. When Kamito saw Claire naked for the first time and didn't even look away, not a great impression was left on Claire.
2. Take it in another way. Imagine that you have Kamito who fell in love with a girl - let's call her Alpha. Then, you see Alpha badly injured, and Kamito worried like hell for her. And when Kamito could finally see her, he sees her with a naked person of the opposite gender in her bed. Well, not sure he'd be exactly happy.
3. Well, Claire fights with Kamito. Can't say exactly the same thing for Restia during the first 6 volumes.

Many, many of the other girls like Rinslet, Fianna or Ellis think the same as Claire. Difference is that they take more time to react and that they don't hit Kamito as often as Claire

(Anyway, I'm for Ellis.)

EDIT: BTW, honestly, Campione! has a much interesting concept in fighting. Well, depends on how you look at it, but the way fights are fought aren't as cheap as some other battle-oriented mangas/LNs. I mean, Godou has 10 powers, and he uses the ten of them. Not more, not less. Just 10, and he doesn't have Excalibur or some sort of more-powerful-than-anything-weapon.
Old 2012-06-19, 19:41   Link #1865
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Well, personally, I hope that "first" girl that wins is Restia or Est.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 21:31   Link #1866
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Yes, Claire rarely hits Kamito in recent volumes, but that does not mean she has become a better person. It's just that she's been neglected by Kamito a lot since the first two volumes. The kuso bakayarou's annoying ways has never changed. Time and again, it's always this idiot's emotional outbursts which got everyone into trouble. Her tendency to act before thinking hasn't changed in later volumes either, rather, there's no evidence that she ever changed. Insult her or do anything which attracted her jealousy and she'll act idiotically again.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 21:50   Link #1867
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
Yes, Claire rarely hits Kamito in recent volumes, but that does not mean she has become a better person. It's just that she's been neglected by Kamito a lot since the first two volumes. The kuso bakayarou's annoying ways has never changed. Time and again, it's always this idiot's emotional outbursts which got everyone into trouble. Her tendency to act before thinking hasn't changed in later volumes either, rather, there's no evidence that she ever changed. Insult her or do anything which attracted her jealousy and she'll act idiotically again.
Hmm sounds like my neighbor's cat, anyway unlike the other girls Claire has somewhat of an excuse. Mother and father I believe are locked up in Prison, only person she looked up which was her sister cause her to be shun by people everywhere, and the things Kira has mentioned can account for a lot of things. Although it is not much of an excuse, she has some social skill problems and is a bit clingy of Kamito. Honestly, if Claire was a real person she would be on Dr. Phil by now.
Old 2012-06-19, 21:55   Link #1868
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

No shipping war please. Everybody has their own preffered heroine and please respect them. I personally prefer harem end (why settle for one if you can get them all and manage them well)
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 21:58   Link #1869
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

I still don't know what is the meaning of shipping is, I see things like the Titanic being associated with them. I also want the harem end as well, hopefully Ellis will get her chance to kiss Kamito. Out of the main, she is the only one base off the spoilers.
Old 2012-06-19, 22:43   Link #1870
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Log View Post
What the hell are you talking about?

Campione has stupid fighting scenes? The one with the best trash-talking wins?

Do you even read campione?

Just because campione's battle scenes are to hard for you to grasp doesn't mean it's bad.

Also stop your bitching, we get it already.
Since this is off-topic.
I will sent you a PM.
bietchie11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 23:13   Link #1871
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
I still don't know what is the meaning of shipping is, I see things like the Titanic being associated with them. I also want the harem end as well, hopefully Ellis will get her chance to kiss Kamito. Out of the main, she is the only one base off the spoilers.
Basically "shipping" your fav pair, talking and going on and on about the girl/guy you want the protag to end up with, while dissing the other pairs
Old 2012-06-19, 23:23   Link #1872
bietchie11

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiRa08o2 View Post
Again, except her ennemies and maybe Rinslet, I haven't see Claire hit anyone in the latest volume I've read.

1. When Kamito saw Claire naked for the first time and didn't even look away, not a great impression was left on Claire.
2. Take it in another way. Imagine that you have Kamito who fell in love with a girl - let's call her Alpha. Then, you see Alpha badly injured, and Kamito worried like hell for her. And when Kamito could finally see her, he sees her with a naked person of the opposite gender in her bed. Well, not sure he'd be exactly happy.
3. Well, Claire fights with Kamito. Can't say exactly the same thing for Restia during the first 6 volumes.

Many, many of the other girls like Rinslet, Fianna or Ellis think the same as Claire. Difference is that they take more time to react and that they don't hit Kamito as often as Claire

(Anyway, I'm for Ellis.)

EDIT: BTW, honestly, Campione! has a much interesting concept in fighting. Well, depends on how you look at it, but the way fights are fought aren't as cheap as some other battle-oriented mangas/LNs. I mean, Godou has 10 powers, and he uses the ten of them. Not more, not less. Just 10, and he doesn't have Excalibur or some sort of more-powerful-than-anything-weapon.
I respect Ellis.
But if i have to choose, probably Restia and Est. Probably because they will never hit him. Probably?
This spoiler is about off-topic stuff. Don't bother, okay?

Spoiler:
Old 2012-06-20, 00:23   Link #1873
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Bletchie, can you read japanese? Because what you wrote in your spoiler is not right. I wonder sometimes how coud some people criticize a work when all they read is summary spoiler, and not a detailed one at that. Even the same exact story and progression can become something very different just from the author's writing skill.

Back to the topic of this title, all this Claire hate is getting annoying, so please tone it down. Imagine what will happen to the thread if each shipper start to launch a hate campaign toward girls that they're not shipping(e.g Restia is such a b*tch for leaving Kamito after all that he done for her as Ren, or Ellis is such a b*itch for being a big breasted idiot who's not honest with herself). Some people like violent tsundere in their fiction(maybe they're secretly an M ) and Claire was created for those people, just like how Rinslet is created for tsundere ojou type or Ellis is created for pure warrior princess lover. It's no problem to dislike them, but please hold back a little bit when bashing the character and remember, some other people might hate the character that you like. No offense intended on the examples, those are not my personal view of the characters.
Old 2012-06-20, 00:53   Link #1874
All Fiction

This thread sure is quite heating up recently. Summer heat, maybe.
Old 2012-06-20, 01:55   Link #1875
bietchie11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Bletchie, can you read japanese? Because what you wrote in your spoiler is not right. I wonder sometimes how coud some people criticize a work when all they read is summary spoiler, and not a detailed one at that. Even the same exact story and progression can become something very different just from the author's writing skill.

Back to the topic of this title, all this Claire hate is getting annoying, so please tone it down. Imagine what will happen to the thread if each shipper start to launch a hate campaign toward girls that they're not shipping(e.g Restia is such a b*tch for leaving Kamito after all that he done for her as Ren, or Ellis is such a b*itch for being a big breasted idiot who's not honest with herself). Some people like violent tsundere in their fiction(maybe they're secretly an M ) and Claire was created for those people, just like how Rinslet is created for tsundere ojou type or Ellis is created for pure warrior princess lover. It's no problem to dislike them, but please hold back a little bit when bashing the character and remember, some other people might hate the character that you like. No offense intended on the examples, those are not my personal view of the characters.
Well, we criticize all the time. It is total natural IMO.
And to be honest, i don't like her.
But what i try to do so far is giving constructive and logical review/reason/argument why i don't like her by reflecting her actions to my real life experience.
I don't intent to flame her mindlessly at all.

And like i said before, i can't find any fighting scene or romance scene without her in it.
Other girls, sometime they show up, sometime they don't. But Claire, she always shows up, butts in another girl's story and does things i feel annoyed.
So i really wonder if this kind of character is really popular or loveable or something that make the author direct the story's focus/attention to her too much even when it is unnecessary.
That is why i ask if anyone feel the same as me or they actually like her... for some reasons.
(and then someone asked me why i don't like her and i explain back and forth and now we have something called "shipping"," hating",...)
Old 2012-06-20, 04:11   Link #1876
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
No shipping war please. Everybody has their own preffered heroine and please respect them. I personally prefer harem end (why settle for one if you can get them all and manage them well)
I would say that Claire is opposed to harem end, because then the other girls are taking her "property".

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 04:26   Link #1877
dragon1412

Quote:
But what i try to do so far is giving constructive and logical review/reason/argument why i don't like her by reflecting her actions to my real life experience.

And like i said before, i can't find any fighting scene or romance scene without her in it.
Other girls, sometime they show up, sometime they don't. But Claire, she always shows up, butts in another girl's story and does things i feel annoyed.
So i really wonder if this kind of character is really popular or loveable or something that make the author direct the story's focus/attention to her too much even when it is unnecessary.
That is why i ask if anyone feel the same as me or they actually like her... for some reasons.
(and then someone asked me why i don't like her and i explain back and forth and now we have something called "shipping"," hating",...)
this is the 3rd time i'm saying this but please calm down, as Kuroishinigami, Kira said and i think there are many people say this tons of pages ago, the time Claire appear is gradually lessen in each later volume, so before hurling word at a speed which i can't keep up(i mean it, i'm not a native, you guys don't know what i'm have to go through to read all of your post,granted,my english sucks)so bietchie, Kleeyooks, calm down a little as for the reason this type of tsundere is popular, i thinks i have mention while in a disscussion like this with Kleeyooks before, to summarize it, due to success od Znt,Shakugan no Shana and most importantly, Toradora!
Quote:

well this is more like a matter that when you see a 5-0 score in a football game, you thinks its boring or seen 0-0 or 2-2 you thinks its interesting base solely on the summary alone, and as a lot of people stated before, just read the later volume, 1 or 2 volumes with some summary take you nowhere.
@Kuroishinigami: from now on, i'm leaving my defuse and calming the people work for you.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 05:17   Link #1878
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
No, I'm not criticizing people's criticizing at all(that sounds weird ). What I'm criticizing is people who only knew the little bit of story in later volume from summary. It always baffles me how can they criticize something they haven't read themselves. Its just like people who says durian taste horrible even though they only heard about that fruit from other people. Granted, some people will like it or hate it even after they tried, but at least they have to try it first. That's why critics from people who only read the summary(and machine translation too, to a lesser degree) baffles me because how can you criticize something that you haven't read yourself, at least the translation, although the original version is preferable in order for no lost in translation. BTW, I'm not talking about the matter of Claire critics in particular, but the ungrounded critics of several untranslated LN that I read from people who knew the story only from summary.
Old 2012-06-20, 05:39   Link #1879
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Well, I think we all should keep our calm for the moment, waiting until translation of later volumes are released, and if Claire is still being annoying as ever then we'll go as wild as we can, with no one being able to find any excuse to defend that trash anymore...
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 15:45   Link #1880
bietchie11

"the first night decides how good the relationship will be"-Night Stalker.

Quote:
No, I'm not criticizing people's criticizing at all(that sounds weird ). What I'm criticizing is people who only knew the little bit of story in later volume from summary. It always baffles me how can they criticize something they haven't read themselves. Its just like people who says durian taste horrible even though they only heard about that fruit from other people. Granted, some people will like it or hate it even after they tried, but at least they have to try it first. That's why critics from people who only read the summary(and machine translation too, to a lesser degree) baffles me because how can you criticize something that you haven't read yourself, at least the translation, although the original version is preferable in order for no lost in translation. BTW, I'm not talking about the matter of Claire critics in particular, but the ungrounded critics of several untranslated LN that I read from people who knew the story only from summary.
I criticize the "Claire" in the first volume. I did say that i only read the first volume in my first post in this topic.
I do not criticize the "Claire" in the volume 3,4,5.

And do you think it matters what kind of people Claire is developed in volume 3,4,5,6,7,8,9,.... when she pisses off the readers so much that they drop it right after the first volume and forget the series name in T minus 5 seconds?
I read the first volume of a novel, if it is good, i will continue. If it is bad, i drop. I don't read the 9th or 10th volume to decide it because they haven't been released.

"what dafuq is dat author thinking? Does he expect people will pick the second volume up with excitement and expectation after being pissed off and disappointed in the first volume?" is what i think after the first volume.
The only logic reason i can think of to explain why the author doing that is : somehow, she is very adorable, lovely, popular in most of the reader's eyes.

P/S:
The only reason why i read the second volume of this series is : Est.
Est!
EST!!!!!
And, it still pisses me off more than it entertains me....

Last edited by bietchie11; 2012-06-20 at 15:58.

Tags
action, comedy, cross-dressing, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, romance, shounen, supernatural, trap