AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-01-24, 12:34   Link #61
Aidan
Am I bad? Yes... Very X(

ahh yes, aren't they all just so lovely
Second season = very good news.
Aidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 16:46   Link #62
Marvel
Demon-Fox Inside©

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabris
I'd known that ADV pulled it after releasing three. But you got my hopes up about volume 4 and up I don't really mind though :P
I hate what ADV does with their manga, first Jinki Extend now this great manga... whats next ? Well if ADV goes for the total sales just look whats popular and not whats new..... Ik hope that release vol.4, I've bought the first volume and its awesome just as the anime.... just so relaxing story, its something diffrent from the normal manga I read which is mostly comedy, action and sports related manga .
Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 18:19   Link #63
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidan
But you know,
ep 12 spoiler
Spoiler:
I came here to talk about that.. and someone beat me to it. =P

Spoiler:

Not long now for Second Season.. hopefully we'll even get a third. ^^;
Old 2006-01-24, 23:14   Link #64
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel
I hate what ADV does with their manga, first Jinki Extend now this great manga... whats next ? Well if ADV goes for the total sales just look whats popular and not whats new..... Ik hope that release vol.4, I've bought the first volume and its awesome just as the anime.... just so relaxing story, its something diffrent from the normal manga I read which is mostly comedy, action and sports related manga .
It really seems like ADV's relationship with Mag-Garden died, since just about all the Mag-Garden titles stopped getting new releases. As far as I know, the only new stuff coming from ADV Manga is Yotsubato and the NewType USA inserts.
Old 2006-01-26, 03:22   Link #65
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellyfish Marine
I...I am in my last year of high school, and did cried a lot during EP 11 TToTT I'll bring this EP to class next week and let's see if I can get someone to cry along TTwTT
Stop crying, you're going to make me start ... and I graduated high school almost 14 years ago!

But you got that right, ep 11 was @#$% AWESOME!!! Oh, mamma, so many emotions: the funny antics of Athena, and then her song again, and then the final bridge scene with "Symphony" playing. Oh heavens, where's my tissues?

It's what I love best about the best animes. I'll be looking forward to April, for this as well as more eps of the another top anime from 2005, Honey and Clover.

-k

curious
Kempis Curious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 18:25   Link #66
Woland
Latin Rascal

Episode 11 and 12 was really awesome... so incredibly heartwarming :°

And Symphony, it must be some kind of unconventional weapon... that aim right to the heart!^^

BTW with DVD out I tried to make some Av with that good source... I make many experiment so I'm sorry for the poor variety of subjects, and redundancy (but I'm eventually open to request about first, and last, two episode)

Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 19:59   Link #67
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

The best episode was still the one with Athena making a fool of herself in her past... man the animation was actually very good for that one episode, coupled up with a insert song along with lots of emotions flowing through the characters.

Let's hope they animate stuff from Volume 7 of the manga in season 2! And develop more of the Albert x Aika relationship!

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 22:05   Link #68
TrueKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maceart
The best episode was still the one with Athena making a fool of herself in her past... man the animation was actually very good for that one episode, coupled up with a insert song along with lots of emotions flowing through the characters
Yeah. For me the best part is when Akira found out that Athena is actually Orange Planet's Single prodigy and started to choke the shit out of her. The chibi animation was hilarious XD
Athena's gotta be the best character in the series.

While Ep 12 about the Back to the Future was kinda lame :/ . I mean what's the point of this shit? Journeying to the past and meeting with character cameos and her past? wtf? lame.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 22:35   Link #69
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight
While Ep 12 about the Back to the Future was kinda lame :/ . I mean what's the point of this shit? Journeying to the past and meeting with character cameos and her past? wtf? lame.
Perhaps you haven't noticed, but it is no more pointless than episodes 1-11 were. This show is about enjoying the journey, not accomplishing some goal. If interesting things happened and heartwarming feelings were felt, then that was enough of a point. Aria is only about character cameos and personal growth.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-02, 03:06   Link #70
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

I still think it's a deep philosophical anime filled with ever meanful allegories to our physical being and duelves on the meaning of living in a utopian society.

Or, "pretty girls rowing boats".

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-02, 04:29   Link #71
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Exactly. "Pretty girls rowing boats" is an obvious allegorical representation for the conjunction of the superconcious and subconcious. Surprisingly, I'm serious about that, although it sounds odd. The symbolism is obvious once you bother to think about it.

By acting through symbols embedded in our collective unconciousness, these philosophical parables are transmitted directly to the deepest levels of our minds so that we can absorb them unconciously. Okay, I'm kidding about this last part. Maybe.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-02-02, 05:29   Link #72
Seravy
Dorothy-chaaan~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris
According to ANS
<3<3<3 only 2 months to go now <3<3<3

(ahhh Akari...)
Seravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-02, 06:26   Link #73
Sieg

There are quite afew story where akari and Aria president experienced past/time travel in both anime and manga.

And i think Aria president is what causes all this to happen, didnt the teacher in ep12 said that cat has the ability to let people see the past? Remember the tunnel where there are alot of cats?
Sieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-02, 06:27   Link #74
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

I'm not entirely convinced that Aria-saccho is really a cat.

Though that does fit with his place in the allegory if you think of him as a misfit. Arai-saccho is not quite human and not quite a cat. Cats symbolize the element of mystery and magic. Yeah, I'm starting to get into this interpretation of Aria the Animation...

No wonder Aria is spurned by Hime... She's such an ojo-sama and he's not even a real cat.

Old 2006-02-02, 06:57   Link #75
Jellyfish Marine
ShizuxKino~*

Aria Pokoteng is indeed a cat. In ARIA, there is an earth-cat and aqua-cat. If I recall correctly, Aria shachou belongs to the later ^^ili (Info on characters can be found printed on the inner cover of JP manga)

Ah, Hime-shachou is an earth-cat ^^

Spoiler:

Ps. Woland-san, your signature is sooo Kinoness >w<!
Jellyfish Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-02, 18:11   Link #76
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Aqua-cat?!

Okay... I'm probably going to regret this question, but if Aqua is Mars, which was a lifeless rock before we started to terraform it, then how could it have native life? Were the catlike creatures like Aria, living on the waterless red sand, breathing the nearly non-existent air?

Or do I misunderstand what you mean by Aqua-cat?

Old 2006-02-02, 18:41   Link #77
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

It's an entirely different planet. Therefore it stands to reason that regardless of the indiginous earth life we might seed on that planet, it would likely start producing it's own unique organisms after time as well. Though it has to be said that it would take quite some time for that to happen, so Aqua-Cats are more likely to be engineered/ cross-bred variants of Earth-Cats.

Personally however, I'm just of the opinion that Aria looks the way he does because it's funny Who needs science in a show like this, eh?
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-02, 21:12   Link #78
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Aqua-cat?!

Okay... I'm probably going to regret this question, but if Aqua is Mars, which was a lifeless rock before we started to terraform it, then how could it have native life? Were the catlike creatures like Aria, living on the waterless red sand, breathing the nearly non-existent air?

Or do I misunderstand what you mean by Aqua-cat?
It's possible they could have survived in some sort of hibernation beneath the surface until Mars was terraformed. Many scientists do believe Mars once had an earthlike environment, so complex life forms wouldn't be impossible. Though anything more advanced than a spore surviving wouldn't be very likely.

Of course that would mean that Aria is indeed not a cat, rather some alien lifeform that resembles a cat. As I said on the first page, I don't know what kind of creature Aria is, but he's no cat.
Old 2006-02-02, 22:32   Link #79
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

I'm sure it's been stated in the thread before, but I'll say it again.

The first chapter or so of the AQUA manga clearly states that Aria-shachou is a martian cat. He's just, uhh, really funny looking. But the major distinction is actually their intelligence, not their appearance - they have human-like intelligence, though they can't speak. I'm pretty sure Hime-shachou is also a martian cat, given this information.
Old 2006-02-02, 23:09   Link #80
suguru
京都 ikitai~

I'm glad you mentioned that...he definitely doesn't look like a normal cat. He'd probably resent this, but based on his size and the fact he makes closer to buhi than nyan noises, I'm thinking Aqua-cats are part pig. They mentioned Aqua-snowflies being different from Earth ones earlier, so I guess it shouldn't surprise me. Evolution must work a heck of a lot faster on Aqua, or maybe there's the equivalent of the Genetic Engineering Ranch somewhere that's cranking out Aqua versions of Earth animals.

Aria can't quite dethrone YKK as my favorite slice of life series, but thanks to [they who must not be named] for subbing this.
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
science fiction, slice of life