AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-06-19, 20:23   Link #1
inu-fma88fan

Post Ed's voice actress

call me slow and i am very sorry if this kind of post was already posted. but i just found out that the voice actress for ed (jap) was Romi park. lol when i heard that name i was like park is not a japanese last name..lol turns out to be a korean. its cool because i love eds voice and first of all a women plays a guys roles..haha and she is korean. feel proud for my country. lol although she was born hin japan.
....what? like korea is not really involved in anime. this is a big thing for me.
thanks for baring with me.
Old 2004-06-19, 20:37   Link #2
kamij0

Quote:
Originally Posted by inu-fma88fan
call me slow and i am very sorry if this kind of post was already posted. but i just found out that the voice actress for ed (jap) was Romi park. lol when i heard that name i was like park is not a japanese last name..lol turns out to be a korean. its cool because i love eds voice and first of all a women plays a guys roles..haha and she is korean. feel proud for my country. lol although she was born hin japan.
....what? like korea is not really involved in anime. this is a big thing for me.
thanks for baring with me.
though she is a korean but she dont even sound like 1 to me ..
Old 2004-06-19, 20:39   Link #3
inu-fma88fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamij0
though she is a korean but she dont even sound like 1 to me ..
what do you mean?'.' oh the fact that she was born in japan and probably lived in japan. lol yes but still ... let me have something
Old 2004-06-19, 20:47   Link #4
kamij0

i was thinking she might got a korean accent though ... bud anyway she did a great job being's Ed's voice
Old 2004-06-19, 21:09   Link #5
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
cool because i love eds voice and first of all a women plays a guys roles.
It's not that unusual that a woman is the voice actor for males, most likely kids in ongoing series (like Bart Simpson in the German dubs). You wouldn't want the Voice Actor to get into mutation, would you?
Old 2004-06-19, 21:10   Link #6
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamij0
i was thinking she might got a korean accent though ... bud anyway she did a great job being's Ed's voice
Oh yeah... huh it never occurred to me that kanji-based name in the ED credit is Korean--Didn't the Koreans (maybe South only?) all but completely abandon Hanyu in their written language? My guess is Ms. Park has lived in Japan for a substantial amount of time. I'm not good at spotting Korean accent in English speech, let alone Japanese, but from watching the Staff & Cast Interview raw that I got off the internet, I'd say she sounded very, very fluent to say the least. My hope is that in the R1 release by FUNi, they'll be able to include that lengthy (25+ Minute with the Director, VAs of Ed, Al, and Winry individually) interview complete with, of course, subtitles. I was only able to get a few bits in the raw and I'm not quite satisfied The VA(JP) for Al sounds so... Yukana/Tessa-ish--I hope you know what I mean...
Old 2004-06-19, 21:27   Link #7
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Vandread

One thing to clear up: Its SOUTH korea that is the advanced one. Thank you for your time.

Back on Topic: RIGHT ON KOREANS GO!! Whew now that I got that off my chest, a lot of animation now a days is done by koreans as well because from what I heard, they are doing the same job for a cheaper price. Also, ever since "Wonderful Days", Koreans have been taking more and more interest in anime PRODUCTION and has been progressing steadily.
Old 2004-06-20, 06:01   Link #8
Gravi-T
Rockin' Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Sin_
It's not that unusual that a woman is the voice actor for males, most likely kids in ongoing series (like Bart Simpson in the German dubs). You wouldn't want the Voice Actor to get into mutation, would you?
Actually, the English voice for Bart Simpson is also a woman. Very few know this, but her name is Nancy Cartwright and she also does the voice of Ned Flanders. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004813/ for her IMDb info.

Also, Naruto's voice actor (who also plays Gon in Hunter X Hunter) is female and Alphonse Elric's voice actor is female. It's not that rare to have female VA's for children's voices.
Old 2004-06-24, 05:43   Link #9
Yuu-chan
Hyotei Gakuen Regular

Ed's Seiyuu is Paku Romi and not Romi Park. Paku Romi is a Japanese. She is also did Tao Ren (Shaman King), Temari (Naruto). She just so happens to be one of my more favourite female seiyuu
Old 2004-06-24, 10:51   Link #10
A Lamer
あほぉ&

Quote:
...what? like korea is not really involved in anime.
Alot of animation studios outsource extra work to korean studios (the naruto chuunin exam effect, eg. 5 episodes that look good and 1 that looks like ass) so they can get a break. Korea has a bigger roll than you think, though as Yuu-chan said, its infact paku.
Old 2004-06-24, 12:25   Link #11
jc1104

Send a message via AIM to jc1104 Send a message via MSN to jc1104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuu-chan
Ed's Seiyuu is Paku Romi and not Romi Park. Paku Romi is a Japanese. She is also did Tao Ren (Shaman King), Temari (Naruto). She just so happens to be one of my more favourite female seiyuu
Lol.. how did they get the park and the living in Japan... ???
Old 2004-06-24, 12:33   Link #12
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Don't forget that she also voiced Ichigouji Ken in Digimon Adventure 02
Old 2004-06-24, 13:50   Link #13
Riese
Brutal Killer Math Logic

Send a message via ICQ to Riese
A lot of seiyuu have stage names too. Some are subtle like Fukami Rika changing the kanji of her name but not the actual pronunciation. Other stage names don't resemble the artist's real name at all.
Closed Thread