Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-05-21, 03:52   Link #41
Circular Logic
土は幻に
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceDrake
Am I really the only one who thinks the distorted character design during the ladder scene was a good thing? Everyone seems to dislike it... I thought it really added to the psychotic feeling of the scene.

Anyway, yeah, this episode showed, among other things, that Rena has the eyes of a hawk. That's why she noticed everything in Onikakushi-hen, she could beat Oishi at detective work.

Of course, did anyone else notice that Mion's eyes didn't go slit-like when she freaked out?

I do believe that's a hint, folks.
Yep. That scene freaked me out.

Does no slits suggest she's actually in control? Or is it just weird animation?
Old 2006-05-21, 03:55   Link #42
Savin877
Silencer

Send a message via AIM to Savin877
Quote:
Am I really the only one who thinks the distorted character design during the ladder scene was a good thing? Everyone seems to dislike it... I thought it really added to the psychotic feeling of the scene.

Anyway, yeah, this episode showed, among other things, that Rena has the eyes of a hawk. That's why she noticed everything in Onikakushi-hen, she could beat Oishi at detective work.

Of course, did anyone else notice that Mion's eyes didn't go slit-like when she freaked out?

I do believe that's a hint, folks.
Yeah, but how do we know that it is even Mion, couldnt it be Shion lol. I hate being left alone not knowing anything.
Old 2006-05-21, 03:55   Link #43
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond the Shave
Did anyone else hear this???

Spoiler for Ep7:
Just for the record, that's the back of the school building, not his house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
What?! No eyes!?
The "くけけけけ" didn't sound like "くけけけけ" either. The version from the drama CD actually sounded closer (well, it's pretty much impossible to pronounce in the first place, so I guess you can't be too harsh about this).

The laughter was well done in the anime too, so it's not as big a deal.
Old 2006-05-21, 11:49   Link #44
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Mion's face really did scare me alot!

Back to square 1 again for me

Spoiler for revised hypothesis. I hate twins!:

So how am I doing?

Do we know how far these people are living from each other? Like a village map with where the residences are in any of the TIPs.
Old 2006-05-21, 12:35   Link #45
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-21, 13:24   Link #46
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

The feeling that the viewer gets from watching episode seven's pretty amazing - gotta be the best episode so far.

At this moment i get whats going on in this chapter, but i'm gonna have to re-watch to fully understand each lil' part.

As for Rena, she looks like the normal one in this chapter, though how she knows what happened that night's interesting.
Old 2006-05-21, 13:40   Link #47
MarmoO

Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-21, 14:07   Link #48
orion

But, Mion has a tatoo on her back (in the OP). So, they can differentiate the 2.
Old 2006-05-21, 14:13   Link #49
MarmoO

Shion may not know about this. I assume Mion didn't have this tatoo since early childhood.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-21, 18:24   Link #50
orion

But then...

Spoiler for for ep.6 and 7. I hate twins!:

So what do you think?

Also,

Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-21, 18:44   Link #51
lifestorm2

i was just wondering, doesn't mion call Rena "Rena-chan"? In episode 7, when the three meet to find out what happened to Satoko +Rika, "Mion" called the other two "Rena, Kei-chan", i thought that was weird, i just wanted to make sure if i'm correct. Considering the fact that i don't trust looking back 1-2 episodes (still in watanagashi chapter, i don't trust the twins :P) , i want to ask if anyone can go back to Demoned-away chapter and see if Mion calls Rena, just "Rena"
Old 2006-05-21, 19:24   Link #52
FubaredByAnime

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifestorm2
i was just wondering, doesn't mion call Rena "Rena-chan"? In episode 7, when the three meet to find out what happened to Satoko +Rika, "Mion" called the other two "Rena, Kei-chan", i thought that was weird, i just wanted to make sure if i'm correct. Considering the fact that i don't trust looking back 1-2 episodes (still in watanagashi chapter, i don't trust the twins :P) , i want to ask if anyone can go back to Demoned-away chapter and see if Mion calls Rena, just "Rena"
Yes, she just calls her Rena in the first chapter. But I wouldn't put too much stock into the usage of -chan and -kun as clues to anything. In the first chapter, even K1 calls Rena plain old "Rena" and Mion is "Mion" as well. Of course, Rena calls K1 "Keiichi-kun" and Mion "Kei-chan" for what I believe are ulterior motives as most of us probably suspect, typical of the harem genre.
Old 2006-05-21, 19:42   Link #53
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
What a mindblower. Again.

Again, I'm coming up with increasingly farfetched ideas on what is behind all this:

Such as:
Spoiler:

Some thoughts about this episode:

Spoiler:

Can't wait for the next episode.
Old 2006-05-21, 21:55   Link #54
gaidin

Hi all. I've been lurking since about ep3 and like many others this series has caused me to register here on animesuki. The great part of this anime is all the discussion that goes along with every ep, so here I am!

Spoiler for thoughts on Oishi/Rena:
Old 2006-05-22, 00:01   Link #55
FubaredByAnime

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaidin
Hi all. I've been lurking since about ep3 and like many others this series has caused me to register here on animesuki. The great part of this anime is all the discussion that goes along with every ep, so here I am!
I'll give my thoughts on it.

Quote:
Spoiler for thoughts on Oishi/Rena:
Old 2006-05-22, 00:19   Link #56
Hellkat672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer
Spoiler:
LOOK
Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-22, 01:08   Link #57
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
The main reason that particulal scene didn't have much of an impact had to be the sound pitch of Mion or the lack of it. The extreme emotion shown in the face would have matched a higer volume of a Mion's voice like if she had spoken in shrill. The way she was talking to Keiichi just didn't match the emotion of her face. Recall in episode 2, when Rena's face all distorted and says "USO DA" in a scream and the birds, startled, (along with me. I jumped ) flies away. Mion's scene should have been executed something like that, just that, here it would have been a lot more dialogues in a high voice. Like many, I also think the animators just messed up in the executoin of this particular scene.
Old 2006-05-22, 06:44   Link #58
BrokenWingz

Yes, i though that it would be weird for Mion to be dress as Shion even at her home during the phonecalls.

Rika isnt dead yet, since from the start of ep 5 and 1, you know they're gonna reshow later on .
Old 2006-05-22, 07:02   Link #59
Vicke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellkat672
LOOK
Spoiler:
Yes maybe not but it doesnt make sense why she then would wear Shions clothes when she makes the second phone call. To bad we dont get to see the other person on the third call.
Old 2006-05-22, 07:40   Link #60
Beyond the Shave

Don't forget (and correct me if I'm wrong): the first four arcs are taken from Keiichi's point of view.
Closed Thread