AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Spice and Wolf

Notices

View Poll Results: Spice and Wolf II - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 40 40.40%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 32 32.32%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 21.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 5.05%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.01%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-09, 14:59   Link #21
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
The only minor problem I have is that Horo's got lolified ... I preferred the more mature character design from the first season.
It was to be expected with all those talks with Horo becoming more moe this season. It seems that she is more moe this season in both her looks and her actions, but not something exceedingly. I thought they would make bigger changes in that regard, so I am fine with all this.
Old 2009-07-09, 15:56   Link #22
sarahwest

horo the moe wolf is coming back!
Old 2009-07-09, 15:56   Link #23
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

So if you had to sum up this premise in one paragraph for someone who didn't watch S1, how would you do it?

That's probably not easy to do, huh? I did enjoy that episode, and I can't hold the lack of exposition against it - most of the viewers no doubt did watch S1. But I also feel like I'm missing out on a great deal of the subtext.
Old 2009-07-09, 16:07   Link #24
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
So if you had to sum up this premise in one paragraph for someone who didn't watch S1, how would you do it?

That's probably not easy to do, huh? I did enjoy that episode, and I can't hold the lack of exposition against it - most of the viewers no doubt did watch S1. But I also feel like I'm missing out on a great deal of the subtext.
So why are you watching the second season when you haven't seen the first?

& oh god hot Horo foot shot.

Old 2009-07-09, 16:24   Link #25
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
So why are you watching the second season when you haven't seen the first?

& oh god hot Horo foot shot.

A fair question. I'm not impressed with this summer season and I'd like to add this to my weekly release viewing schedule, which is looking pretty bare. But I don't have time to marathon S1 and catch up.
Old 2009-07-09, 16:53   Link #26
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
A fair question. I'm not impressed with this summer season and I'd like to add this to my weekly release viewing schedule, which is looking pretty bare. But I don't have time to marathon S1 and catch up.
Then i say stop watching the second season. It's pointless when you've missed out on all the development between Horo and Lawrence, which makes their interaction at this point such a pleasure to watch.
Old 2009-07-09, 17:27   Link #27
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

It's nice to finally have something to watch I'm actually enjoying. It's been a lackluster summer for me with anime, but watching this just got me into the mood again. So far this OP may be one of my favorite songs I've heard from an anime, but I'll have to hear it a few more times as athe season progresses before making an actual judgement. I also found the ending to be better than the first in my opinion.

Can't say much about the episode at this point (since I haven't watched it subbed yet).
Old 2009-07-09, 17:29   Link #28
AKnightWhoSaysNi!
Bring me a shrubbery!

Woo-hoo! Great start to the new season. Much gratitude to the subbing group as well, man that was fast.

Good episode, liked the opening a lot. That's one toasty foot-warmer! And Ultra hung over Horo was great.

So, reset the addiction counter for one week. This shows worth it.
Old 2009-07-09, 18:02   Link #29
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
God it is good for the series to be back . This first episode just reminded me of the good times from the first season. Horo and Lawrence are just a great pair when interacting. You just get some great things like Horo's concern over Lawrence's financial situation. The shock when he said she wasn't his type and then she surprised him. Sometimes I feel for Lawrence and yet it is fun to see Horo turn the tables.

Of course it ends on a serious note. It's tough when you think about the lifespan differences. Yet really a year travelling with Horo is far from wasted. Trading in nails seems to reflect Lawrence's current state which isn't all that confident.

Anyways onto the festival and more scenes of Horo getting drunk .
Old 2009-07-09, 18:08   Link #30
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

It's good to hear at least one new piece of music from this episode. The score for the first season is still one of my most listened to soundtracks, so this comes as good news to me. Just hope we hear more, and eventually a second soundtrack will be released.
Old 2009-07-09, 18:27   Link #31
Karlson
Jumping...is useless!

Currently in the process of downloading the subs but I'm gonna first marathon the first season again and get myself back into it before I watch this. But it's about time this series came back for its second season. I look forward to it
Old 2009-07-09, 18:37   Link #32
typhonsentra

And thank Allah for S&W for saving us all from this wretched season of disappointment and trolls. This episode... it was perfect, exactly what I wanted to see. The banter, the opening and closing, the pace. Just perfect.
Old 2009-07-09, 19:13   Link #33
Mr. Anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
And thank Allah for S&W for saving us all from this wretched season of disappointment and trolls. This episode... it was perfect, exactly what I wanted to see. The banter, the opening and closing, the pace. Just perfect.
well, thats exactly my point of view^^

BUT if u guys hadnt talked about animation and all that i think i wouldnt have noticed the small changes but now i have
Could it be they changed the form of her eyes? i think in season 1 they werent as round as they are now, aside from this i havent noticed anything else though. maybe background and such trivial things but they dont rly matter in an anime like SaW as long as the character design is decent and i think horo is still wonderfully drawn^^
I could watch horo and lawrence doing nothing on the cart but talking and flirting ALL DAY LONG
I am always a little disappointed when they arent alone ^^
Old 2009-07-09, 19:32   Link #34
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
It makes about as much sense to me as picking up LOTR on the second movie. As in, not at all. This series is, at its core, about the relationship between Horo and Lawrence -- coming in at the middle of the movie, so to speak, is just doing yourself a disservice.
Old 2009-07-09, 20:57   Link #35
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Anime View Post
I could watch horo and lawrence doing nothing on the cart but talking and flirting ALL DAY LONG
I am always a little disappointed when they arent alone ^^
Now that's exactly how I feel . I mean really you could just have those two interacting on the cart for an entire episode and I'd be incredibly happy. At least in exchange for them not being alone we usually get set up for some really good moments between them later.
Old 2009-07-09, 21:15   Link #36
SilentOb
Lurker

Hooray for the return of S&W! Thoroughly enjoyed the first episode. The relationship between Horo and Lawrence is getting deeper and complicated. OP song wasn't as fantastic as Tabi no Toochu but I kinda like the ED song.

Horo's drunk face for the win!
Old 2009-07-09, 21:22   Link #37
Yuutsu

Man, been waiting a year for this. I was not disappointed but, then again, they could have put a static picture of Horo/Lawrence for 24 minutes and I wouldn't have been disappointed. (Well, maybe).

I liked the new opening, but I agree with some of the previous users that it wasn't as good as the previous season's; however, that doesn't make the opening or ending any less good. Can't wait for the next episode, as it's the palliative that's all but keeping me from going insane from all these biology exams...
Old 2009-07-09, 23:52   Link #38
judgment26
Former B-T Translator

Quote:
The first season is only thirteen episodes (twelve if you don't include the special episode 7), so it wouldn't take very long at all to catch up, and you might as well if you're already considering following the second season. It's not like you're starting on the first episode of One Piece and trying to catch up with the current progress!
Old 2009-07-10, 00:32   Link #39
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Now that's exactly how I feel . I mean really you could just have those two interacting on the cart for an entire episode and I'd be incredibly happy. At least in exchange for them not being alone we usually get set up for some really good moments between them later.
Heh. I have to agree with the two of you on that one.

Something they haven't stopped doing since the first season is ending the episodes on a note of romantic tension. The two of them are just so stubborn. I suppose that explains why they're perfect for each other.
Old 2009-07-10, 01:45   Link #40
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

This show is so pleasant to watch. I give this episode a 9/10.

Of the summer season, this has to be one of the better first episodes (Even though it wasn't really structured in a way to suggest that this is the first episode of a new season).

I liked how after not watching this show since the last season came out, I was able to grasp immediately how the relationship of Horo/Lawrence works out. I didn't feel like I needed to rewatch the previous season in order to work my way back into the story. When a show manages to accomplish this, I can tell it is a good show.
Closed Thread