AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-02-26, 11:35   Link #841
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
While I do agree that he does not want the police involved for one reason or another, the reason he probably knows that Satoru's is involved is because he has been in contact with Sachiko. Sachiko figured out that her son has been helping Kayo, so it is very likely that she could have hinted that to Yashiro-sensei. It was when Sachiko called Yashiro as soon as Kayo arrived is the hint that they have been talking.

Of course, at this point, there is such a fine line between the teacher being truly caring and thoughtful, or he is very calculating in order to gather information to plot his next move.
Yeah, taht why I was speculating the teacher not being the killer, since he should have known kayo wasn't at home and so wouldn't have tried to kill her, ending up being upset. Also, if he was the killer, given how smart the killer is, it wouldn't have token much to follow Satoru and find out where Kayo was (and what a surprise it would have been), if as it seems, he is fixated with her.
Even if at that point the show hinted at Aya, so the killer probably will move on, just for now, I bet he is quite touchy when his preys are involved, so I don't think he will let Kayo go so easily.

Quote:
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I've re-watched these scenes, and I think I can make sense of it. It looks like Yashiro called someone who knew the rules on child custody, and he probably asked for information on how Sachiko can take temporary custody. That also explains why Sachiko is meeting with Kayo's mom in the early morning, to probably inform her that. They are probably all meeting at Kayo's place at 7:00.

Still, I'm expecting doom and gloom next episode. We've gone too many episodes without something bad happening, so it is very much due.
I agree, it seems most likely, still directed in the usual "suspicious" way I don't think Sachiko would ever do risky moves when Kayo is involved. She is too ... I can't find the right adjective. She is careful but steadily relentless in a way that her actions seem incontrovertible. So especially in this case and in that cultural context that always favors family no matter what, if she decided to enter the game from the front door is because she is sure that it won't damage Kayo.
Still she surely can't just say "I'm taking her into custody", so, since until then Kayo's mother always escaped I'm expecting those two workers for Children's Bureau (not sure about the name) to appear before them.

On the other hands Sachiko and Kayo moments were so heartwarming that I'm expecting the worst next.

So in any case, for the tl;dr

Sachiko is best mom ever, and let's say it, she is also damn hot!

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-26, 11:56   Link #842
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Yeah, taht why I was speculating the teacher not being the killer, since he should have known kayo wasn't at home and so wouldn't have tried to kill her, ending up being upset. Also, if he was the killer, given how smart the killer is, it wouldn't have token much to follow Satoru and find out where Kayo was (and what a surprise it would have been), if as it seems, he is fixated with her.
Perhaps he did follow Satoru. But perhaps the killer doesn't want to try to kill Kayo until he already has someone neatly setup to be a fall-guy.

Originally, the fall-guy was Jun Shiratori. But perhaps circumstances have now changed enough (due to Satoru's changes to the timeline) that it's not as easy to frame Jun for the crime as it was before.
Old 2016-02-26, 14:27   Link #843
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
I think it was more concerning the toxicity of inhaling the charcoal. If it was being burnt, it releases carbon monoxide. Also, with black dust from the coal, there is potential to develop black lung disease over prolong exposure. In that instant, it showed Satoru thinking of the fumes gathering around Kayo while she was sleeping. Satoru is just upset that he exposed Kayo to such dangers.

The only other relevance would be when Airi's house was burning, as this could have been used to start a fire.
Yes, Briquettes (the powdered charcoal) is infamous in Japan for its usage in suicides and murders, as they are very efficient in producing lethal amounts of carbon monoxide in a sealed environment.
Old 2016-02-26, 14:46   Link #844
Psyco Diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Perhaps he did follow Satoru. But perhaps the killer doesn't want to try to kill Kayo until he already has someone neatly setup to be a fall-guy.

Originally, the fall-guy was Jun Shiratori. But perhaps circumstances have now changed enough (due to Satoru's changes to the timeline) that it's not as easy to frame Jun for the crime as it was before.
I was thinking this myself, this might mean the killer has been watching Satoru also. I'm starting to think the killer has the revive ability or something similarly supernatural in the works since he seems to always have the perfect frame-up and always seems one step ahead
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-26, 18:19   Link #845
Arya

Quote:

But if he had followed satoru he would have known Kayo's hideout (letting aside it coincides with his own). And he wouldn't have been upset to have not found her. And surely he wouldn't have left his tools there either.
His reaction and behaviour that night seems to exclude the possibility he knew.

A point that I love is that in this universe adults are smarter than the kids, that's why every step Satoru did Sachiko was a step ahead. They don't need the Revival to do so since the kids plans are not your usual out of the box plans, but are realistic and so even flawed. Leaving Kayo alone there is one glaring, but more or less realistic, flaw.
With this consideration in mind if the killer knew about Satoru he would have discovered about kayo easily (honestly it wouldn't have token much for anyone, Sachiko just decided to not go that far). That's what I'm thinking.
On the other hand I can't shake the idea the teacher is the killer. That as you said earlier would be the better option from a storytelling perspective than having some unknown coming out from nowhere.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2016-02-26, 20:15   Link #846
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
But if he had followed satoru he would have known Kayo's hideout (letting aside it coincides with his own). And he wouldn't have been upset to have not found her. And surely he wouldn't have left his tools there either.
Maybe he wanted to scare them away from their hide-out? Try to force Kayo into going back home to her mom's home? If so, it did partially work - Leaving those tools behind did scare them away from the hideout. It just sent Kayo to Statoru's home, not her own, and maybe the culprit never thought that Satoru and/or his mom would go that far.

Also, if the teacher is the culprit, he's obviously not entirely trustworthy here. He could be faking certain emotions, and "playing innocent" so to speak.
Old 2016-02-26, 21:45   Link #847
Yamada II

Episode 8
So the suspicious man who entered the bus late at night dropped the materials which were supposed to be used for the murder and kicked a box with more dangerous material in it. And after Kayo reveals what had happened, the ditch the bus and go on to plan B, hiding Kayo in the Fujinuma residence. And as expected by him, his mother welcomed the idea since she knew what Kayo's situation was.

Kayo's parents can't be contacted since they're avoiding everyone. Sensei is having an exchange of information with Sachiko about what the kids are doing. It could prove dangerous.

That scene with Kayo crying though... She was treated like crap all her life not getting proper meals and all – she didn't get proper breakfasts and had to eat it alone. And now she's very given something proper to eat for breakfast – someone out there finally cares about her. She couldn't get the parental love a child needs and is getting a little bit of that now. And she'll be glad if she gets taken away from her so-called mother.

And the ending. These guys really love ending each episode with a cliffhanger. Sachiko, Satoru and Kayo are at the girl's house.
Yamada II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-26, 21:55   Link #848
Kenu
magoi, magoi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
I just looked back at episode one and honestly must disagree. The abductor's hair is clearly black. It wasn't even slightly blonde.
I checked it as well, you're right his hair was black, my memory was incorrect. I think in my head I put Kenya and Yashiro together because they seemed too chummy in class for suspicious reasons.
Kenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-26, 22:08   Link #849
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Finished catching-up with this series and I have to say that it was the most intense show to watch!

On the other hand, I feel sorry for Satoru Fujinuma for being framed and losing his chance on saving Kayo Hinazuki on his first Revival. Let's hope that he can do it right on the second time!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-26, 22:13   Link #850
GDB

You know, Satoru's mom's voice actress had done such a good job masking her normal voice up until this episode that I had no idea who she was. But I guess she couldn't mask it forever, and she slipped into her normal Minami Takayama voice.

Also, really hoping after all this that Kayo gets adopted into the Fujinuma household.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-26, 23:56   Link #851
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

I think Satoru's relationship with his mother has also changed compared to ep 1. I think this time around Satoru's mom will believe him (regarding Jun or others).

I still strongly suspect the teacher. He kept his eyes on Satoru all the while in class, perhaps trying to figure out where Kayo is hiding. Some have said that the teacher could have simply followed Satoru, which is true. However, I think that by the time he realized that Kayo is missing from her home, it was too late for him to follow Satoru.

Let me explain: on the first day Kayo missed class, Yashiro would not have suspected anything, since missing a day or two was the norm for Kayo. Satoru only visited her that first night, after that he came early in the morning, a few hours before school start. At that time in the morning, there will already be people around, so the killer would not have followed him then (aside from his need to get to work, Yashiro, assuming he is the kill, would also have not suspected the need to follow him on that first 24 hrs anyway). On the second day, Yashiro became desparate and made that call to her home to only find out that Kayo's whereabouts was currently unknown. However, on this second night, it was Kenya who came out to visit Kayo. So following Satoru would not work. Then on the third night it was Hiromi who came out to visit Kayo. So by taking turns, the killer would not have been able to discover where Kayo is hidden. Satoru has thought this part through.

However, Satoru unfortunately chose the abandoned bus, which just happened to be the killers own hideout/storage area.

Now I suspect Yashiro called the child agency and made up some fallacy to cancel their visit. Then
Spoiler for prediction:
But I sure hope Kayo is truly out of harms way because it's sad to see her get killed again and again.

It's also heartbreaking to know that Kayo suffered so much in her young life to only suffer even more by being murdered.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-27, 00:30   Link #852
Iron Maw
Banned

ep 7

Sachiko: "...Am I in the way?"
Satoru & Kayo:"Yeah." "O-Of course not!"
*Sachiko wacks Satoru*

At least one of them is honest.

Whoa, so the Killer really did show up that night! I was expecting that to be a jump scare and bit of red herring for fun from the author and have be revealed that it was actually Satoru's mom who caught on what her son had been up to these nights.

I was expecting the Killer to find that hideout soon, but not this soon.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2016-02-27 at 03:08.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-27, 04:33   Link #853
ookamigirl

Things moving in a good direction this time.
Hopefully it will turn out okay, but it's still too early for that.
That bus is no longer a safe place.
Wonder who it is.. the killer..
Time for a new hiding place.
His mom is the best!!
Kayo was finally experiencing a real family atmosphere..

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-27, 10:45   Link #854
Arya

Quote:
Maybe he wanted to scare them away from their hide-out? Try to force Kayo into going back home to her mom's home? If so, it did partially work - Leaving those tools behind did scare them away from the hideout. It just sent Kayo to Statoru's home, not her own, and maybe the culprit never thought that Satoru and/or his mom would go that far.
Let me say that it makes a lot of sense, still it's the reaction he had that doesn't add up, he seemed clueless and so kicked the box. The whole scene didn't seem premeditated to me. In fact leaving his tools knowing someone is inside wouldn't be a good idea, in any case.
Also we know the killer is really smart, not just smart. So that solution you are suggesting doesn't seem fitting to him. It a good and smart action-reaction solution, but not the smart three-step-ahead solution I'd expect from the killer.

Well, to make it short, something doesn't add up, don't know what yet.

Old 2016-02-27, 14:31   Link #855
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Sachiko: "...Am I in the way?"
Satoru & Kayo:"Yeah." "O-Of course not!"
*Sachiko wacks Satoru*

At least one of them is honest.

Whoa, so the Killer really did show up that night! I was expecting that to be a jump scare and bit of red herring for fun from the author and have be revealed that it was actually Satoru's mom who caught on what her son had been up to these nights.

I was expecting the Killer to find that hideout soon, but not this soon.

That's because the kids used his hideout as their hideout.
Old 2016-02-27, 14:42   Link #856
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

That ending almost made me cry :'( Seeing Kayo burst into tears because of how happy she was pulled on my heart strings, that was a wonderful scene to watch. She's so adorable!

I hope the teacher isn't the killer here. The anime has involved him a lot recently but I hope that's only to focus the viewer on him as being the killer so we can get a surprise reveal later on. I personally like the teacher and his good intentions so I can only hope he's innocent
Old 2016-02-27, 15:16   Link #857
Shadow5YA

Quote:

Also, if the teacher is the culprit, he's obviously not entirely trustworthy here. He could be faking certain emotions, and "playing innocent" so to speak.
I think it's more that the bus was also the culprit's storage shed because he assumed it was unused like Kenya did. It was sheer luck that Kayo wasn't noticed.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-27, 15:43   Link #858
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I think it's more that the bus was also the culprit's storage shed because he assumed it was unused like Kenya did. It was sheer luck that Kayo wasn't noticed.
That's certainly an interesting idea. It makes Kayo narrowly avoiding him seem even more lucky, like you wrote.
Old 2016-02-27, 16:12   Link #859
ReddyRedWolf

Since the killer uses glasses in the future I would assume he has Astigmatism. At night vision sucks and that is why he didn't notice changes in the bus.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-27, 17:22   Link #860
mergele

I also hope, that it is not the teacher, that would be to telegraphed, but we are running a bit low on other possible culprits right now.

That "get a hold of yourself, your 29" scene, does it count as meta or not?
mergele is offline   Reply With Quote