Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Spice and Wolf

Notices

Old 2011-11-22, 20:05   Link #1661
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf and Spice View Post
Hey guys I've got news that a anonymous source has started translation of Spice and Wolf's 6th light novel.

So far only the prologue of Vol 6 is done. Editing is underway, expect to see more! If you want the info/source send me a pm.
Naaah... I have the original and besides, we need to support the official English license.
If people don't buy it and instead get fan translations, that gives official publishers less reason to complete the series.
Old 2011-11-22, 20:52   Link #1662
Wolf and Spice

Of course we have that in mind. Everyone of our finished translation section tells people to please buy the book if you like the series. Obviously Vol 6 is not out yet so until it comes out.

Readers are encouraged to support the series as a whole.
Wolf and Spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 02:20   Link #1663
woxx

Too late to begin fan translation, the only hope is the official release. Anyway, I think you got trolled by someone, because prologue of volume 6 was translated 2 years ago .
woxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 02:50   Link #1664
Alchemist007
*Author

Nice to hear there was a happy ending, I'm hoping to read this series one day. I wonder if there will be any more anime seasons too.
Old 2011-11-23, 13:04   Link #1665
Wolf and Spice

Quote:
Originally Posted by woxx View Post
Too late to begin fan translation, the only hope is the official release. Anyway, I think you got trolled by someone, because prologue of volume 6 was translated 2 years ago .
What do you mean its to late to begin fan translation. It doesn't matter if the prologue was translated 2 years ago. It's still going to be 6 months before Vol 6 is released.

The translator were working with is already working on chapter 1 & 2 as we speak. Were not being trolled

Last edited by Wolf and Spice; 2011-11-24 at 00:23.
Old 2011-11-23, 13:24   Link #1666
Shadow5YA

It would be nice if there was an epilogue with the kids.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 07:47   Link #1667
DDCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf and Spice View Post
What do you mean its to late to begin fan translation. It doesn't matter if the prologue was translated 2 years ago. It's still going to be 6 months before Vol 6 is released.

The translator were working with is already working on chapter 1 & 2 as we speak. Were not being trolled
If some one uses the same user name on another site I know what you're talking about.

Anyways, I just finished up volume two and was pleasantly surprised by the amount of story that wasn't covered in the anime. I hope the same is true with volume five.
DDCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 12:24   Link #1668
Wolf and Spice

Haha you found me. There is a download link with the raw translation of the prologue and the edited translation on the forum. Feel free to download that and read it
Old 2011-11-24, 12:30   Link #1669
Darkbeat
'אין ייאוש בעולם כלל

I don't see the point in fan translations at all. Yen Press are doing a decent job and quite frankly, Spice and Wolf is worth supporting financially. This only gives people less of a reason to buy the officially licensed translations. No matter what way you look at it, that's only going to do more harm than good.
Darkbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 12:39   Link #1670
Wolf and Spice

I can understand everyone's frustration about fan translations hurting the series but do understand I myself am not in charge of the translation. You will have to contact the one who is handing out the translations.

You don't have to look at the translation if you don't want to, its completely up to you. The people reading it are most likely the people who don't want to wait another 6 years for yen press to finish the translations.

We do encourage people to support S&W by buying the books and items related to the franchise.
Old 2011-11-24, 12:45   Link #1671
Darkbeat
'אין ייאוש בעולם כלל

As far as I can see, you came here to advertise said fan translation. That makes you just as much responsible in my eyes.

Whether you relish waiting 6 years or not is irrelevant. At a time when we all want to show that Spice and Wolf can still generate sales and make money (and hopefully secure a third season of the Anime), this fan translation project is like a trap door in a canoe.
Old 2011-11-24, 13:28   Link #1672
Wolf and Spice

I first came here looking for potential translators, but I was warned not to do so therefore I stopped.

I've been lurking in this forum ever since, looking to see if there are any updates every know and then.

Like I said before it is totally up to you if you want to read it or not. I myself support the series, I've bought the Blu-ray seasons and all the books up to know and I plan on continuing to do so.

It may be true I looked like I was advertising the fan translation but do keep in mind I did not post a link of any sort to the forum or to the download. I said if you wanted the info you would need to pm me.

I'm not looking for hostility I'm just here to spread news. I keep close tabs on the main website and the authors blog. I also watch the official forum for S&W on Funimation.

I will happily stop if what I'm doing here is unwelcomed, I just think that fans that would like to read the book before the official translation is out should know. I apologize for any trouble I may have cause you.
Old 2011-11-24, 13:47   Link #1673
Darkbeat
'אין ייאוש בעולם כלל

No problem, I didn't intend to be overly hostile to you, sorry if it came across that way.

The difficulty is that while you (and others I'm sure) may continue to support the series for a time, just as many will not. Instead of pouring our resources into competing fan-translations, we should be voicing our opinions to Yen Press and raising awareness of the series as a whole.
Old 2011-11-24, 15:31   Link #1674
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkbeat View Post
No problem, I didn't intend to be overly hostile to you, sorry if it came across that way.

The difficulty is that while you (and others I'm sure) may continue to support the series for a time, just as many will not. Instead of pouring our resources into competing fan-translations, we should be voicing our opinions to Yen Press and raising awareness of the series as a whole.
Exactly, we want to support Yen Press as much as we can to reward them for publishing this series in English. Tell your friends, give it as gifts, etc.
Old 2011-11-25, 11:13   Link #1675
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajura View Post
Do not want!

Too dark! Besides, Holo is just very long-lived. She too one day will pass.

I prefer to focus and the scope of the given story and the fact that Holo learned to not be afraid to love and got a new family and her happily ever after.
There's no need to even think or postulate about the eventuality that it and all other stories possess (at least not in my mind).
I'm happy with the way it stands (though I would welcome new, happy stories).
heh. i would think the sequel would be fantasy adventure where the kid has to fight the bear god thing that killed holo's family :P (or something)
kingsky123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 03:58   Link #1676
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Exactly, we want to support Yen Press as much as we can to reward them for publishing this series in English. Tell your friends, give it as gifts, etc.
Haha already done, and think I had something like 3 copies of vol3 before I gave one to a friend and one to my brother. Preordered each book too.
Reading: None at the moment
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 06:30   Link #1677
Rajura

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyranuus View Post
Haha already done, and think I had something like 3 copies of vol3 before I gave one to a friend and one to my brother. Preordered each book too.
Well, the good news is they are already on at least the second print of the first 3 volumes.
The other good news is I have not bought any of the second printing (except Volume I which now has THE REAL artwork for the book cover).
Old 2011-11-30, 16:45   Link #1678
erflesmcbride

They really made the first three volumes with the real cover?? Where were you able to find yours? I have searched ebay and have not yet been able to find it...
erflesmcbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 18:12   Link #1679
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

They've rereleased the original volume with the slipcase now showing the Western art instead of the original cover. All the ones after have come with the JP art on the book and the western art on the slipcase.

Oh Rightstuf are also selling all 5 novels including the new one as an Xmas sale bundle for $30, might be worthwhile if anyone's a few down.

My Vol5 should be arriving middle of next week, it's one of my birthday presents to myself haha
Reading: None at the moment
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 21:20   Link #1680
Rajura

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyranuus View Post
They've rereleased the original volume with the slipcase now showing the Western art instead of the original cover. All the ones after have come with the JP art on the book and the western art on the slipcase.

Oh Rightstuf are also selling all 5 novels including the new one as an Xmas sale bundle for $30, might be worthwhile if anyone's a few down.

My Vol5 should be arriving middle of next week, it's one of my birthday presents to myself haha
Yes, but it is a shame that it would have to be second printing or later for most of these (but it is also great that they are needing second and maybe even third editions).

By the way, Volume VI is up for pre-order!

Tags
light novels, seinen, shounen