AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-04-30, 07:04   Link #1
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Seishun Pop

Quote:
Every day Sakuta Gotou likes to zone out to his favorite band the Incest, because it makes him feel at ease. However, this band is very secretive and has yet to have a live performance. Now, when the chance comes to Gotou to see his idol Iive, the band's singer, on stage, he finds out that she is the new transfer student in the classroom next door... and to make this even better she stops the concert and grabs him saying, "I've wanted to see you." What is he going to do now?
Serialized in: Young Champion Retsu
Author/Artist: KITAKAWA Touta
Genre: Comedy, Ecchi, Harem, Romance, School life, Seinen, Slice of Life
Source: http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=41979

Spoiler for thoughts:
SoFarGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 07:57   Link #2
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
Spoiler for thoughts:
I find it pretty enjoyable and a bit refreshing that he is intent on being in a relationship with Ayano at the moment. Subtly, Shiori is coming on to him, but it's like her nature to be a slight tease, so I'm not so sure I can say that's 'love'. I would think it obvious he would end up with Shiori, but this being seinen, I hope that there won't be any clear cut winner. Ami(the loli) doesn't stand a chance though =0<.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 08:05   Link #3
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Huh I thought there already was a thread for this series......seems once again I'm losing my mind
Been reading this for what feels like forever cause of the slow releases, one of the bad things about picking up a series from the start when you know releases will be slow.

I find it interesting enough, the brother/sister side of it I hope actually holds up and the author doesn't pull out the "oh but they really aren't brother and sister!" thing.
The possible incest is what keeps me reading after so long

Love the art for this, very nice.

And will admit I do like the big boobed lass, she's really quite cute but it's all about the brother and sister for me.
Old 2011-04-30, 08:38   Link #4
Aesthetic Shampoo

Finally there's a thread for this!

Supporting the supposedly incest route all the way for this, and I have no doubt it will happen

One thing i found interesting was that other band member that was being a dick to the MC because of obvious reasons, and he was just taking it, though in recent chapters the harassment just stopped cuz of one little thing so that was complete undramatic end to the problem
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 09:04   Link #5
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Huh I thought there already was a thread for this series......seems once again I'm losing my mind
Been reading this for what feels like forever cause of the slow releases, one of the bad things about picking up a series from the start when you know releases will be slow.
Ditto and ditto, on both counts. It completely slipped my mind there wasn't a thread for this. It feels like forever since I read the last chapter, but apparently MU says a new one was put up 21 days ago. Must remember to read it. I love the art on this series, I'm also not crazy about Ayano or the loli, but hey, when you're up against a beautiful big sis, that's gotta be a hard contest.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 09:05   Link #6
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

I actually like the glasses girl better, but I want him to end up with his sister just to piss off the guitarist.
Old 2011-04-30, 09:18   Link #7
frubam
simp for Lyria

BAH! Why you guys look forward to genetically deficient babies is something I will never understand .
Old 2011-04-30, 23:35   Link #8
Aesthetic Shampoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
BAH! Why you guys look forward to genetically deficient babies is something I will never understand .
More like the act that leads to genetically deficient babies
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 23:39   Link #9
jzmagic
flargansbog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnythesun View Post
More like the act that leads to genetically deficient babies
Well said.
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 23:45   Link #10
Xagzan

Who said anything about babies?
Old 2011-05-22, 21:10   Link #11
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

chapter 12 is out.
Spoiler for ch12:
SoFarGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-23, 02:51   Link #12
frubam
simp for Lyria

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
chapter 12 is out.
Spoiler for ch12:
Spoiler for chap 12:
Old 2011-05-23, 06:16   Link #13
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Well either way, from what I know Incest is not illegal in Japan, its just not respected and considered wrong.

But like you said I also do think its just an overreaction, but I still will admit I will be pissed if its an ex-boyfriend.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-25, 15:57   Link #14
DanielSong39

I will be doubly mad if they take the cliche easy way out and make Ive into a non-blood related sister.

Ive definitely has a screw loose, playing the role of the jilted lover simply because her brother got a girlfriend...
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-25, 19:06   Link #15
jzmagic
flargansbog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
I will be doubly mad if they take the cliche easy way out and make Ive into a non-blood related sister.

Ive definitely has a screw loose, playing the role of the jilted lover simply because her brother got a girlfriend...
Playing the role of the jilted lover? Is that from the raws? Because she hasn't done anything like that up to ch 12.
Old 2011-05-25, 23:29   Link #16
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

I still don't like the little brother. He doesn't have the "spark," the "quirk," or anything that distinguishes him as an interesting main character. He's not even the fan-favorite Snarky Everyman. He's just a kid who puts on his headphone and gets dragged around by other people and events he does little about. Long lost big sister. of whom we are meant to assume he's always been longing desperately for, returns. What does he do? He acts out the most generic harem male lead responses possible. "Accidentally" groping the big tit-and-glasses classmate a few times, he gets noncommittally interested. Band dude insults him jealously; he lets it pass barely reacting, whether to angst over it or snark him back (except for the "oh, I'm actually kinda as empty as he says" feel I got from him). Annoying agency woman tries to convince him to let his sister sign up and move out; he's not resisting or angsting or supporting or even deeply thinking about it, he just gives this awkward uncommitted "I don't want to be trouble" thing.

He doesn't need to be Lelouch; he doesn't even need to be Kyon. He just needs to be something other than the vague shell of an adolescent he is. The taboo romance that should have been exciting and dangerous and dramatic and selfish and just a little twisted is somehow rendered awfully ordinary, a clichéd bore. A dangerous tango needs two charismatic, crazy dancers, not one.

Where's the passion, kid? You're a teenager with a complex. Be more fucked up, be anything.

I am disappoint.

Last edited by Irenicus; 2011-05-25 at 23:39.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-25, 23:35   Link #17
ZODDGUTS

Have the same opinion as yours. But hey it does have nice art, but that's pretty much it has going for.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-26, 08:43   Link #18
jzmagic
flargansbog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
I still don't like the little brother. He doesn't have the "spark," the "quirk," or anything that distinguishes him as an interesting main character. He's not even the fan-favorite Snarky Everyman. He's just a kid who puts on his headphone and gets dragged around by other people and events he does little about. Long lost big sister. of whom we are meant to assume he's always been longing desperately for, returns. What does he do? He acts out the most generic harem male lead responses possible. "Accidentally" groping the big tit-and-glasses classmate a few times, he gets noncommittally interested. Band dude insults him jealously; he lets it pass barely reacting, whether to angst over it or snark him back (except for the "oh, I'm actually kinda as empty as he says" feel I got from him). Annoying agency woman tries to convince him to let his sister sign up and move out; he's not resisting or angsting or supporting or even deeply thinking about it, he just gives this awkward uncommitted "I don't want to be trouble" thing.

He doesn't need to be Lelouch; he doesn't even need to be Kyon. He just needs to be something other than the vague shell of an adolescent he is. The taboo romance that should have been exciting and dangerous and dramatic and selfish and just a little twisted is somehow rendered awfully ordinary, a clichéd bore. A dangerous tango needs two charismatic, crazy dancers, not one.

Where's the passion, kid? You're a teenager with a complex. Be more fucked up, be anything.

I am disappoint.
I agree completely, he's about as bland as you can get.
Old 2011-05-26, 10:14   Link #19
Xagzan

Where was the part about them only being half-siblings? I can't remember what chapter it was.
Old 2011-05-26, 13:52   Link #20
Johnny
Working the bags...

I could be wrong, but I haven't seen anything that says they are half-siblings. I know in the early chapters he said she left with his mother when they got divorced, but nothing beyond that...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
incest, romance