AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2013-10-06, 14:00   Link #1781
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I one of the panels Jean still has both legs and one of his hands is still visible. At worst he lost a foot and one arm, but I don't quite think that Isayama would have left such traumatic event off panel. We did see how Erwin lost an arm for example.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 14:16   Link #1782
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by lateraldeath View Post
Also maybe it's a mistranslation but Reiner said: "it fell into the hands of the worst possible person, we absolutely must get it back." This somehow implies that it's not a power Eren has innately but gained recently and can still be taken away. Seems like he might not have always had this power since his dad injected him.
Well, I'm also not sure until we've seen a better translation (and I haven't seen the japanese version of the page, so I can't judge for myself yet), but it's an interesting possiblity. Maybe there comes a moment in every Titan Shifter's life when he/she evolves/gains/awakens a special power of his/her own (Reiner/Annie's Hardening ability, Annie's ability to call Titans, Bertholt's ability to give off steam etc), but what ability everyone gains is random and Eren just happened to gain it... But I'm not sure; RAB were after the Coordinate from the start (sorta) and suspected Eren to be it from the start (well, as soon as they knew he was a Shifter himself anyway), so I'm not sure it was all random... Eithger way, Reiners choice of words indeed makes it sounds like it could be extracted from Eren... Or maybe another Warrior would just need to eat him to gain the ability .

Quote:
Side note: on the last page even Commander Erwin looked despaired after mission accomplished. That's something.
Maybe he thinks that for once, the price was too high.. .Or he blames himself for it not occuring to him that Reiner could turn his plan of using the titans against him...

Quote:
Originally Posted by erika4dsl View Post
Though I do wonder what the drawbacks of that power is because right now I can't think of any.
What if it could possibly cause the Titans within the Walls to Awaken? Yeah, think about that: Eren might inadvertently cause the fall of the Walls if he carelessly uses that power. Huge drawback if you ask me... Not to mention, what if his ability somehow draws the attention of the Monkey titan? That doesn't strike me as a good scenario, for unless Eren's ability (which he cannot control yet) is somehow superior to that of the Monkey titan, he might find that his ability being negated/neutralized at the worst possible time...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 15:21   Link #1783
Gemstone83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
But as far we know he don't have his power that time and as we see in this ch, shifter feel his power, but like we see they don't obey to his orders.

bastek66 & KleenexGhost@ I can't agree more with you two.
Who would have expected something like this from Misaka. She really need to smile more.
They don't obey his orders? But the manga said at the end after Eren said "Don't you bastards come" it goes on to say "All we know is that after that, the Armored titan didn't pursue us" (the scouts).
I think the shifters are part instinct, part control..

I still think Eren's been in control since his Dad handed the power or "key" to him which really is a symbol not an actual key) and as he declared war on titans, the first destructive mistake was made. Everyone seems to assume Erens just realised his power, but it says there was 'years of peace' before Eren got upset and wanted to venture outside the wall, then the gate was kicked open and then he declares war on titans and they attack, I'm just looking at coincidences.
Maybe the shifters realised how terrible their new commander was and urgently wanted the control back as quietly as possible. Meanwhile, Eren's Dad was killed by the inner Wallists, as he was supposed to give the co-ordinate to them, (Historia's family) but terrified for his son's safety as a scout, he gave up his life, and the controls to Eren.
I think that Eren's the quote "worst" person to have this control because he's such an aggressive soul, but no one should have a power like that anyway, and thus this world is hopeless to humans from the start., the only new possibility being (as Ymir said) that now Eren is aware of his power, something of a life is possible before apocalyptic war ensues.

Last edited by Gemstone83; 2013-10-06 at 15:39.
Gemstone83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 15:49   Link #1784
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemstone83 View Post
I still think Eren's been in control since his Dad handed the power or "key" to him which really is a symbol not an actual key) and as he declared war on titans, the first destructive mistake was made. Everyone seems to assume Erens just realised his power, but it says there was 'years of peace' before Eren got upset and wanted to venture outside the wall, then the gate was kicked open and then he declares war on titans and they attack, I'm just looking at coincidences. Maybe the shifters realised how terrible their new commander was and urgently wanted the control back as quietly as possible.
I don't quite buy that - as far as we know, Eren wasn't handed his power until the Shifters broke the Wall - after all, his father does say that "this power should be useful in retaking Wall Maria", which he couldn't have said if Eren was handed his power before the Shifters appeared and Wall Maria fell, so I can't agree with the theory that Eren has been unconsciously "calling" both the Titans and Titan Shifters to him...
Old 2013-10-06, 15:49   Link #1785
Soji

Gemstone83@If his power was able to command Shifters Ymir and the other 2 would have attacked the smiling titan like the others Titans.
And if you read the ch this don't happen, infact Ymir was looking the whole scene like the others.

When Eren said "Don't come bastard" they don't stop because what he said...no, the armor titan stopped because he know what was coming......the others titans.

And you can't blame Eren for the whole mess just because of a period of peace.
Honestly, blame someone because his power is stupid. Then again , I always forgot that people blame and fear the one with power that they can't understand or on which they are afraid.

And I remind you that there is another titans that can command them.....you know? A big Ape? Ring a bell?

I can accept that the first time that Eren become Titan draw the other to him, with his power(possible).
But blame him for the whole mess? Man,let's hope that the people in the story will don't think like this.

And the reason the armor titan don't chase after them....you know? Titans and the fact that was better go back to their home town and think some kind of plan?

No to meniton that Ymir was with them and I can see her try something to avoid them to chase after Historia and Eren.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 16:09   Link #1786
Gemstone83

Dammit, where's that is it VULCANOID (is it?) comment I've lost it grrr? He has the BEST theory about contaminated humans.
You have the win, my friend, I wish I could congratulate you with your awesome theory, I genuinely think it's the best I've heard *cheers* as we say in the UK!
That would explain Erwins arm, as I would really hate to lose him, I really hope your right.
Old 2013-10-06, 16:14   Link #1787
Gemstone83

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
I don't quite buy that - as far as we know, Eren wasn't handed his power until the Shifters broke the Wall - after all, his father does say that "this power should be useful in retaking Wall Maria", which he couldn't have said if Eren was handed his power before the Shifters appeared and Wall Maria fell, so I can't agree with the theory that Eren has been unconsciously "calling" both the Titans and Titan Shifters to him...
Yeah I know, thanks for reading all the same, but perhaps he got the co-ordinate power at a different time from the shifter power. I don't think as a shifter he has any power over the titans, and I don't think anyone, not even Annie calls them, they just naturally flock to there "war on humans" (reminds me of Futurama's Bender- "Kill all humans" ).
I think the screech was explained in the anime when Armin said she cried out like a dying animal, that kind of a screech draws ANY preditor to its prey.
Old 2013-10-06, 16:21   Link #1788
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemstone83 View Post
Yeah I know, thanks for reading all the same, but perhaps he got the co-ordinate power at a different time from the shifter power. I don't think as a shifter he has any power over the titans, and I don't think anyone, not even Annie calls them, they just naturally flock to there "war on humans" (reminds me of Futurama's Bender- "Kill all humans" ).
I think the screech was explained in the anime when Armin said she cried out like a dying animal, that kind of a screech draws ANY preditor to its prey.
Well, I won't say that it's impossibler that the Coordinate is something Eren had before the scene where his father injects him, but I still find it unlikely... So you think ano Shifter has any power over Titans? Then how do you explain the Monkey Titan? Oh, and I don't think "The Key" is merely a symbol as you suggest; Eren was talking about his "secret basement" even before, so I think there should actually be something there...
Old 2013-10-06, 16:35   Link #1789
Soji

^Well...his father did said something about the "secret basement" and "their memory will guide you" or something along this line.
So your right that there is something there, we just don't have enough info to know "what".

Now that I think about it, he tell Eren that he will "not remember" which make me think that his father know what would happen next. I mean with Ymir that said something about " Eren seem don't remember " and how his father act.....why I get the feeling that he really end Eat by Eren after the injection?
Old 2013-10-06, 17:27   Link #1790
normp571

What if when Grisha said Eren needed to learn to master his power to reconquer Wall Maria he meant for the titans or humans outside the walls to reconquer it!?
normp571 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 18:08   Link #1791
Haigon

What if the basement there is just a note "Eren, you can control titans"?
Haigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 19:27   Link #1792
Shadow5YA

What a lackluster way to show Hannes' death... or maybe I should say "what a way not to show his death".

Here we have the same titan taking away another member of Eren's makeshift family, and Isayama treats him like some nameless villager? I'm disappointed.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 20:52   Link #1793
BoyTitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by normp571 View Post
So, here are some things I came up with. What if the coordinate is what they used to build they walls? They stole it from BRAB's group causing the annihilation of their civilization. They in revenge destroyed the walls to steal back the coordinate so they can live in peace.
Nope notice not even Bert,Reiner,Annie tried to truely destroy the wall. Tearing down that wall is pretty much opening pandoras box and letting all hell break loose.
Old 2013-10-07, 00:55   Link #1794
Courthead

Wow, what a cool chapter! A few comments, on both the chapter itself and on things that people are posting here:
  1. Erwin was looking seriously depressed that he lost his arm at the end there.
  2. Hannes' death was really predictable. Isayama has been foreshadowing it for at least a chapter or two, and a lot of people in this thread (myself included) predicted it after the last chapter.
  3. Hannes, as horrific as it was, was justifiably downplayed. Ordinarily it would've been regarded as more significant of an event, but in that moment, everything was going to shit. The general atmosphere was that every character sincerely believed they were going to die. Thus, Hannes being eaten alive just seemed like "the beginning" at the time. This will be a lot more obvious when we get to see it animated.
  4. Reiner's little speech implied that the Coordinate used to belong to the warrior tribe. To me, this suggests that the titan shifting power itself is something that was also stolen from the tribe, otherwise they wouldn't have guessed that Eren is related to the Coordinate just by seeing him shift in Trost.
  5. To resurrect an earlier debate: Now that we know what the Coordinate is, do people think that BRA was justified in their willingness to kill all of the humans within the wall to get it? I think it's certainly possible. For example, they could theoretically come from a much larger civilization that depends on the Coordinate to survive.
  6. The Coordinate is definitely the best theory for how the walls got constructed... unless the colossal titans inside are all titan shifters, which I doubt.
  7. Is being the Coordinate Eren's "titan power"? We don't know. It might be the case that it is just some special unique power that he has in addition to a more normal titan power (Annie's skin hardening and scream, Reiners' armor, Bertholdt's steam, etc). If not, it seems to be the only titan power that can be used in human form.
  8. The ape titan also had the ability to control titans. Does this mean Eren's power is the same as his? If so, we can conclude that Eren likely has the power to turn other people into titans as well.
  9. I highly doubt Eren has been using his Coordinate power before. It seems like it affects ALL other titans, even shifters (although they can ignore his commands), so if he used it in the last 5 years, RBA and Ymir would've known.
  10. I wonder if the behavior of aberrant titans is related to the Coordinate? There will definitely, definitely, definitely be an explanation at some point as to why some titans are aberrants. It's not something Isayama added for no reason at all. I'm surprised there isn't more speculation by the fans, because little mysteries like these are the key to piecing together the big mysteries.
  11. I think Ymir went back to help B&R just so they would be merciful to her. Once she saw Eren's power, she decided that he might be strong enough to defend the wall civilization (and, by extension, Historia). So the only person in danger anymore was herself. So maybe if she saved B&R, they'd forgive her? Then again, if that was really her goal, she should've just tried to kill them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyTitan View Post
Nope notice not even Bert,Reiner,Annie tried to truely destroy the wall. Tearing down that wall is pretty much opening pandoras box and letting all hell break loose.
BRA pretty much explicitly said their goal was to kill all humans inside the wall, so I don't think they care that much. And Ymir keeps predicting that all hell is about to break lose for the wall civilization. The only reason I could see BRA caring about the quality of the walls is if they fear the colossal titans inside coming after them specifically, but as of yet we don't have any real reason to believe that would happen.

Last edited by Courthead; 2013-10-07 at 01:10.
Courthead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 04:18   Link #1795
grandchaosSR
Servant of the Void

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotCat View Post
Found this on the usual place:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Spoiler:
Nah its more likely Mikasa was enlightened by Eren's words and was able to produce and use endorphin and adrenaline.

Which kinda reminds me of a similar scene in Baki the Grappler.
grandchaosSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 12:35   Link #1796
zibi88

yamir might want to learn more about the power eren has... so she could pass it to eren in order to protect historia and other people better... also she might get some info about what do they need that power for and where it really came from

personaly I wonder if eren will be able to enter the memories of the titans when they were still humans.... kinda like what erens fatehr said.... their memories will guide you.... which might be the memories of the wall titans... in order to learn what happened.... maybe there is a way to a new continent with no titans and the location of it is inside that basemant.

hard to tell what will happen next with no clifhanger :P
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 13:10   Link #1797
Breimoon

1)eren's house basement is a safe tunnel to the inside of the walls and communicate with titans inside
2) eren's house basement has a titan locked in it
3) there are injections to turn people in titan shifters
4) There are books/annotations which lead to discoveries about titans
at the moment i can think of these four, you guys what do you think?
Also i wonder why they haven't sent at least an adult with RBA to guide them.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 13:42   Link #1798
Soji

zibi88@ I was thinking the same thing. I mean with the whole "Their memory will guide you" I was always wondering who his father mean. And what you said seem to be the most logic answer on this question.

Also, i agree about Ymir , seem something that she would do.

Also, Just wondering what you guys think about this, what you think will be the other reaction when they find out about Eren new power?
Old 2013-10-07, 16:40   Link #1799
lateraldeath

So this is getting closer and closer to the shounen it's categorized in. They just killed off 2 more named adult characters in this arc: Hannes and Niles, and Erwin lost an arm. Now the only named adults left who doesn't always stay behind the walls are Erwin, Levi and Hanji. All 3 are heavily injured one way or another to be out of commission so only our teenager cast is left around to do things.

I'm assuming Mikasa's injury is still less severe than Levi's just cause she's the main cast. Or maybe she will also be out of commission cause Eren can just control all titans now and no one needs to fight.
lateraldeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 18:08   Link #1800
Haigon

Quote:
So this is getting closer and closer to the shounen it's categorized in. They just killed off 2 more named adult characters in this arc: Hannes and Niles, and Erwin lost an arm. Now the only named adults left who doesn't always stay behind the walls are Erwin, Levi and Hanji. All 3 are heavily injured one way or another to be out of commission so only our teenager cast is left around to do things.

I'm assuming Mikasa's injury is still less severe than Levi's just cause she's the main cast. Or maybe she will also be out of commission cause Eren can just control all titans now and no one needs to fight.
Nile is pretty much alive.
Haigon is offline   Reply With Quote