AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-08-25, 12:10   Link #761
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Japan is its mother, US/EU are its adopted parents.. who ya think is gonna have a easier time with it?
Old 2013-08-25, 12:14   Link #762
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Japan is its mother, US/EU are its adopted parents.. who ya think is gonna have a easier time with it?
Everyone! Transfer over to MASAMUNE!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 12:55   Link #763
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

UH.......Hell no and have a low latency and not be able to get into any pugs? Nah.

Oh and I doubt it's a RP friendly server. =\
Old 2013-08-25, 13:32   Link #764
Alchemist007
*Author

A what friendly server? Isn't this an mmoRPg?
Old 2013-08-25, 14:36   Link #765
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Friendly server would be the server with the less trolls and butt heads. Bulmung has prob the best communnity.
Old 2013-08-25, 15:12   Link #766
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Balmung is where I'd like to go, but it's still locked from accepting new characters.
Old 2013-08-25, 15:17   Link #767
kyp275
Meh

pfft, Sargatanas ftw
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 16:03   Link #768
Iron Maw
Banned

@__@

...Yeah, I'm going to take a break. I think SE is likely going to have bite the bullet and get some new servers or something before launch day because whatever they got right now ain't holding up to the massive traffic that's here. In anycase I just hope some sort of fix is provided soon.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 16:21   Link #769
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Last night, it was like weaving through New York City at lunch hour. Nearly impossible to see some of the NPCs.

Actual server response seemed pretty good but I was just in the starter areas and pretty much ignored all of chat it was streaming so fast.
Old 2013-08-25, 19:47   Link #770
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
*pokes head into topic*

I played a little bit of the beta and reached about level 5-ish? I've never played a game of this type (closest was TERA) I was really impressed with the visuals and polish in the starting area.

I've never played WoW and I have about 1-2 hours per day to play. I don't mind a subscription too much but I'm not quite sure if a game like this is right for me. I enjoyed TERA but stopped when everyone I knew stopped playing, so I suppose I would need to ask people to hang out with. :X

I've also never played a Final Fantasy game outside of Crystal Chronicles. Would it be worth it to give this game a try? I looked at the website but it doesn't address my biggest concern that it'd be so much of a grindfest that I'd never be able to keep up because I can't play 5+ hours every day. When I play action games I enjoy playing support types.

Also, when I looked on the website I saw classes like Archer and Lancer but also blacksmith? I'm a little confused between jobs and classes, and the website doesn't explain very clearly.
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 20:15   Link #771
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

anyone else ever seen a map so damn confusing? and wheres the queues!? my world is full and i dont want to keep clicking on it every couple of seconds

And also the clap emote symbol looks like a hentai action symbol...........

well thats the only gripes i can find about this game atm, so FFxiv FTW! lol
Old 2013-08-25, 20:35   Link #772
Sagi

I just bought this game but I don't know which server to pick. Really! all the NA servers are full give me a break Square Enix.
Sagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 20:35   Link #773
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Yun View Post
*pokes head into topic*

I played a little bit of the beta and reached about level 5-ish? I've never played a game of this type (closest was TERA) I was really impressed with the visuals and polish in the starting area.

I've never played WoW and I have about 1-2 hours per day to play. I don't mind a subscription too much but I'm not quite sure if a game like this is right for me. I enjoyed TERA but stopped when everyone I knew stopped playing, so I suppose I would need to ask people to hang out with. :X

I've also never played a Final Fantasy game outside of Crystal Chronicles. Would it be worth it to give this game a try? I looked at the website but it doesn't address my biggest concern that it'd be so much of a grindfest that I'd never be able to keep up because I can't play 5+ hours every day. When I play action games I enjoy playing support types.

Also, when I looked on the website I saw classes like Archer and Lancer but also blacksmith? I'm a little confused between jobs and classes, and the website doesn't explain very clearly.
Leveling is easy in this game, at least for your first class because you'll get enough exp from quest to quest to level up. First and 2nd subclass should be easy too(early level at least), because of abundance from other starting cities early subquests. For battle class after that, I'm not sure if it will be as easy(you'll still have exp source from hunting log, but no more quests), but if you're only playing casually, I don't think you need to level past your 3rd subclass anyway.

Gathering and crafting class is another matter obviously, where most likely leveling it up will be a grind of crafting numerous thing over and over again. Tere is a neat "trick" to level gathering and crafting class by the way. If you don't need the exp from your quest, you can change to your gathering/crafting class when reporting back to the quest after finishing the objective to said quest using your battle class and you'll get the exp toward your crafting class. Good way to reduce grinding time IMO
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 21:08   Link #774
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

ok this is getting annoying! ive been trying to log in for an hr now! Square enix is gonna get alot of backlash tomorrow when the game launches. You think they wouldve addressed the server problem already with the amount of preorders they got, they should of known how popular this was gonna be, and the amount of players will skyrocket tomorrow, wonder if i will even be able to play this game this week...........
Old 2013-08-25, 21:10   Link #775
Sagi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
ok this is getting annoying! ive been trying to log in for an hr now! Square enix is gonna get alot of backlash tomorrow when the game launches. You think they wouldve addressed the server problem already with the amount of preorders they got, they should of known how popular this was gonna be, and the amount of players will skyrocket tomorrow, wonder if i will even be able to play this game this week...........
same I can't access a server and this is really turning me off from playing the game in the future.
Sagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 21:26   Link #776
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Wow ... I have to say I'm surprised at the near total lockout of all worlds (No, I'm not going to create more characters on the EU open worlds or Excalibur and run through the damned start up again).

Yeah, even the queues are maxed out. I know it'll settle after the subscriptions take effect but I would be less annoyed if I knew they were going to implement server transfers soon after launch.

Ah well, back to other entertainment.
Old 2013-08-25, 23:06   Link #777
iceyfw

while waiting for the emergency maintenance to be over
i present you with

iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 02:00   Link #778
Alchemist007
*Author

So I guess the answer was to just wait till everyone goes to bed. 2 am EST, was finally able to get into a queue with 66 people in it. Looks like they at least fixed one of the main quests I was stuck on, will see about the other later on.

Hopefully the official launch will go smoother, but it depends entirely on if they can get the hardware set up in time.
Old 2013-08-26, 02:02   Link #779
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

yeah, currently puddling around with a pugilist ... figure I shouldn't take much seriously until the dust settles.

edit: heh, in the dark of the night they opened Balmung up for new characters (pads silently in).

Last edited by Vexx; 2013-08-26 at 06:10.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 07:48   Link #780
kyp275
Meh

Yea... There is quite a bit of congestion issues for NA/EU, since SE decided it was a good idea to have the same number of servers for JP as NA/EU, despite the latter having around twice the players. So while JP servers have been trouble-free, NA/EU worlds are in a viscous cycle of over congestion and server reboot.
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmorpg