AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2015-09-27, 04:35   Link #1
Sixth
Hu Tao

Why is Vampire so perfect in Anime/Manga world

Majority of the vampire manga/anime I read, being vampire made you bishi, cool, intelligent and powerful. There is literally no drawback as the manga/anime vampire (well, most of them anyway) somehow managed to bypass their primary weakness; sunlight because they are powerful and unique.

So, what's stopping the people who is not vampire in their universe from becoming a vampire again? I can understand if vampire made you a ugly animal monster like live-action movie did; not twilight!, so people would want to kill them for their safety concern, but in manga/anime world? Being vampire is literally an upgrade. Feast blood is easy when you can use vampiric magic and immortal. You don't have to think twice to refuse the offer.

So, do you guys know any vampire manga where being a human has better perk than being vampire? If yes, I would like to read it.

By the way, I read Shiki, so you guys don't need to recommend this to me.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-27, 04:37   Link #2
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
In Dance in the Vampire Bund some of the psychological drawbacks associated with vampirism are emphasized (and while they are not immune to the sunlight there they do have a temp protection type of oil coating.

The very issue of why not become a vampire comes up, and the queen of the vampire answers the question herself.
Old 2015-09-27, 04:50   Link #3
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Tsukihime features the blood lust flaw in vampires, though they don't have the sunlight weakness.

Blood Alone has the sunlight weakness and a little bit of the blood lust feature.

By the way, the trope you're talking about is this:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph.../AnimeAndManga
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-27, 05:08   Link #4
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Tsukihime features the blood lust flaw in vampires, though they don't have the sunlight weakness.

Blood Alone has the sunlight weakness and a little bit of the blood lust feature.

By the way, the trope you're talking about is this:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph.../AnimeAndManga

Thanks for the link. It is a nice read. This is what I am looking for.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-01, 16:56   Link #5
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

I'd imagine that it's probably the same reason why series like Twilight or The Vampire Diaries are so popular.

Chicks dig bad boys.
Old 2015-10-01, 18:16   Link #6
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

If you want to read a novel which in some way brings some of those weakness then you could read Silver cross to Draculea. Though the vampires are extremely beautiful in that one(well, every female character is but I guess you get the idea).
Old 2015-10-07, 05:27   Link #7
MagnaFisto

aren't vampire in jojo bizzare adventure really weak against sunlight
and most of them are ugly
except dio
MagnaFisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-10, 04:31   Link #8
Sagi

Have you seen the movie Interview with a vampire starting Tom Cruise and Brad Pit? That's a good vampire movie in my opinion. Its also based on a novel by Anne Rice.
Sagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-10, 07:59   Link #9
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Majority of the vampire manga/anime I read, being vampire made you bishi, cool, intelligent and powerful. There is literally no drawback as the manga/anime vampire (well, most of them anyway) somehow managed to bypass their primary weakness; sunlight because they are powerful and unique.
Have you never seen any of the Blood series, starting with "Blood: The last Vampire"?
It's one of the more prominent vampire anime/game series in existence, and vampires are horrible abominations that transforms into hideous creatures.