Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-12-21, 21:20   Link #121
Spitfire
Mr. Bushido

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Apon wiki'ing it that would seem to be the case but in my defence i did say "sort of" =D. Anyway my points still valid as its not really suitable for direct combat as its only a solo reconnaissance vessel.
I know, but you labeled it as a Corvette, which technically (as far as we know) is not a classification of vessel in use by the System Alliance navy. So far, there are only Frigates, Cruisers, Carriers and Dreadnoughts.

And I wouldn't count the Normandy's combat capabilities out just yet. At the end of the first game:

Spoiler for Spoiler:

And who knows, the Normandy S2 might be even more combat capable than the first.
Old 2009-12-21, 21:21   Link #122
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Achievement List Leaked (Heavy Spoilers)

I just wanted to say that it confirms the last 2 party members.

Spoiler for Last 2 party members:
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 00:49   Link #123
swtrooper42
Melancholic Swim Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post

Spoiler for Party Members:

Close Curtains, Thwart Snipers
Sameo, Paladin of Legend
swtrooper42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 03:18   Link #124
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:

Spoiler for spoiler:

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2009-12-22 at 03:39.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 05:22   Link #125
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:

Must... resist.... urge.... to click... link...

*fails*

Spoiler:
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 05:47   Link #126
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Must... resist.... urge.... to click... link...

*fails*

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 05:55   Link #127
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Spoiler:

Last edited by Keroko; 2009-12-22 at 07:23.
Old 2009-12-22, 06:15   Link #128
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Does anyone know if Paragon/Charm carries over? It just hurt every time I had to allocate something to to charm. D:
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 07:23   Link #129
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Oh that'd be fun, I abused the Noveria bug so my Shepard has full marks in both charm and intimidate. I think they mentioned a skill reset though, not surprising considering the complete rebuild they did on the skill trees.
Old 2009-12-22, 07:34   Link #130
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Oh that'd be fun, I abused the Noveria bug so my Shepard has full marks in both charm and intimidate. I think they mentioned a skill reset though, not surprising considering the complete rebuild they did on the skill trees.
Yeah really hoping a similar exploit will come again in mass effect 2. Also pretty funny they never patched it.

I'm not the type of person that replays games. So I had allocate the skill points to charm, since you only get 4 for free. ;_;

edit: I just noticed. Is the game going to have ammo? I liked the fact how ME1 was based around the fact you could use anything unlimited(Didn't mind the medi-gel since you get a lot anyhow and unlimited grenades would just be OPed).

Last edited by 2H-Dragon; 2009-12-22 at 07:50.
Old 2009-12-22, 11:30   Link #131
swtrooper42
Melancholic Swim Captain

No medigel, you regenerate health.
No grenades, you get heavy weapons instead.

Technically your ammo is unlimited, you just carry around "heat sinks" to cool your weapon and you need to replace them after a certain amount of shots are fired. It is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. /sarcasm

Close Curtains, Thwart Snipers
Sameo, Paladin of Legend
swtrooper42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 12:29   Link #132
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtrooper42 View Post
Technically your ammo is unlimited, you just carry around "heat sinks" to cool your weapon and you need to replace them after a certain amount of shots are fired. It is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. /sarcasm
Ah so you have something similar ammo. Can't see why they suddenly added that. There's already enough to manage with the armor and upgrades and shit. D: The game really has to much loot. Hope they turned down the quantity and turn up the quality of weapons dropped.
Old 2009-12-22, 12:33   Link #133
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Man, choosing ones companions for the first playthrough will be hell. Not to mention I need every background story for each playthrough in ME1 to probably get the most out of them, if that's one of the things carrying over. Although I don't remember exactly if it does.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 13:03   Link #134
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

i like having atleassxt one mean person in my party in the Goodguy play through, to see if they get a change of heart
Old 2009-12-22, 13:05   Link #135
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

It is not heat sinks, I looked at a trailer and it was your regular ammo count on the HUD (or whatever you call it) that went down every time you reloaded.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 14:11   Link #136
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

That sucks.

Snowblind Rounds X + Frictionless Materials VIII< + Scram Rail X + Kinetic Coil VIII< + Assault Rifle = Overkill weapon without overheat

They must have noticed that.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-12-22, 15:39   Link #137
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quite. It really was no challenge anymore once you got those parts, just charge in guns blazing, and as long as you weren't facing something that could kill you in one hit you'd be done in no time.
Old 2009-12-22, 17:19   Link #138
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Quite. It really was no challenge anymore once you got those parts, just charge in guns blazing, and as long as you weren't facing something that could kill you in one hit you'd be done in no time.
You forget that Snowblind rounds have a -40% RoF penalty, which means that you can't just spray, you have to fire in prolonged bursts.

Meaning, assuming a tap from you fires 5 rounds, you have to hold it down a longer just to get 3 rounds out. I never use it due to its lack of DPS (which can kill you when you are fighting Juggernauts or Battlemasters), and I use Tungsten/Shredder rounds more. And besides, it is useless when you are strafing or clearing blind corners, you tend to overshoot and hit your enemy only once or twice.

Always arm your pistol with Sledgehammer rounds and your main weapon with the round of your choice other than Snowblind/Cryo. Ice rounds are perfectly useless in the late game when you want to kill fast when backed into a corner.

Old 2009-12-22, 17:22   Link #139
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
I know, but you labeled it as a Corvette, which technically (as far as we know) is not a classification of vessel in use by the System Alliance navy. So far, there are only Frigates, Cruisers, Carriers and Dreadnoughts.

And I wouldn't count the Normandy's combat capabilities out just yet. At the end of the first game:

Spoiler for Spoiler:

And who knows, the Normandy S2 might be even more combat capable than the first.
I only really ment to imply it was smaller ship (like the corvettes in homeworld) as I dont really know enough about the S.A Navy to identify its exact class =]

Its hard to say how capable the N2 will be at this point but to me it actually looks smaller than its predecessor.

On a completely different note I see theres quite alot of talented actors voicing new characters this time round which is nice to see. Almost like a big budget hollywood flick =]

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
Ah so you have something similar ammo. Can't see why they suddenly added that. There's already enough to manage with the armor and upgrades and shit. D: The game really has to much loot. Hope they turned down the quantity and turn up the quality of weapons dropped.
I think it was something they changed because of feedback from the fans iirc.

Imo it'll certainly make fire fights and little quicker but I didnt really see much of a problem with the old system.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 17:36   Link #140
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
You forget that Snowblind rounds have a -40% RoF penalty, which means that you can't just spray, you have to fire in prolonged bursts.

Meaning, assuming a tap from you fires 5 rounds, you have to hold it down a longer just to get 3 rounds out. I never use it due to its lack of DPS (which can kill you when you are fighting Juggernauts or Battlemasters), and I use Tungsten/Shredder rounds more. And besides, it is useless when you are strafing or clearing blind corners, you tend to overshoot and hit your enemy only once or twice.

Always arm your pistol with Sledgehammer rounds and your main weapon with the round of your choice other than Snowblind/Cryo. Ice rounds are perfectly useless in the late game when you want to kill fast when backed into a corner.
Ehh, I used... incineration rounds I believe. Those that made the enemy die in pretty pink sparkles. Running and holding the trigger became quite easy after that. And pretty.

Last edited by Keroko; 2009-12-22 at 17:53.

Tags
bioware, mass effect, mass effect 2