AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2007-12-14, 15:10   Link #41
shankss
CP10

Its a classic, once you unlock a secret move fillers will abuse it to hell...Naruto using 1000th rasengan, ichigo going hollow over some random guy and now luffy too...damn thats why I hate fillers, expect a gear 3 soon..Its the filler team, nothing will stop them to show it again with crappy animation
shankss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 17:11   Link #42
Nuzzles

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankss View Post
Its a classic, once you unlock a secret move fillers will abuse it to hell...Naruto using 1000th rasengan, ichigo going hollow over some random guy and now luffy too...damn thats why I hate fillers, expect a gear 3 soon..Its the filler team, nothing will stop them to show it again with crappy animation
Yep, damn shame.

Only made worse since this started out really promising. For a filler, at the very least.
Nuzzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-16, 19:10   Link #43
Nuzzles

Oh god, just started watching the 335 raw...

Horrible. It's like they hired some DBZ guys to do this episode.

(I liked DBZ, just not in One Piece)

Holy shit... A normal Bazooka finished him, where a Jet Gatling didn't harm him?!?! WTF?

Also, no soru....

Awful episode

Last edited by Nuzzles; 2007-12-16 at 19:54.
Old 2007-12-17, 01:03   Link #44
I love waffles!

I really don't see what is the problem with Luffy using 2nd Gear. You all are making it seem like this is his 100th time doing it in the anime or that he is using against random pirate A instead of the boss of this arc.
I love waffles! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-17, 01:12   Link #45
Nuzzles

Quote:
Originally Posted by I love waffles! View Post
I really don't see what is the problem with Luffy using 2nd Gear. You all are making it seem like this is his 100th time doing it in the anime or that he is using against random pirate A instead of the boss of this arc.
My problem isn't him using it. Just how it's used, it's incredibly underpowered.
Old 2007-12-17, 09:19   Link #46
Fyria

Gear second should not be used lightly. It puts enormous strain to Luffy's internals and it shortens Luffy's lifetime and slowly kills him if its used too regural basis.
Fyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 07:23   Link #47
noktown

Bah the begining of this arc was ok but the ending sucked badly.I hope its the skeleton guy in the next ep(forgot his name) ;d
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 13:34   Link #48
naruto89

its chopper man..... next episode bah!
naruto89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 23:28   Link #49
noktown

Chopper man usually in the end of the episode no ?o0
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-19, 15:22   Link #50
ellifeedn
Thinker

Is it true that we get back into canon in about 2 weeks?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-19, 16:22   Link #51
Fyria

Thriller Bark arc's first episode will be aired at 6.1.2008.

So next episode will be Chopper special, after it comes few weeks vacation and then Thriller Bark begins.
Old 2007-12-23, 03:33   Link #52
Slayerx

The arc started out well... Good characters, decent plot and so forth, but it fell a little flat towards the end.

I think the thing that made it rather poor was that the fights were not to interesting... i mean, when it comes down to it their weren't many REAL fighters, mostly just grunts and guys with gimmicks... The phoenix crew was nothing but grunts, and pheonix himself showed he could fight a bit, but not that he was worth 100 million... The bounty hunters were mostly not fighters just guys with gimmicks... it's kind of fun to watch the first time but only once, wasn't so much fun the second time... The only ones i would consider as fighters amonst the bounty hunters is Papa and the two brothers when they are together (alone they not much)... I thought papa himself was done fairly ok as a fighter, but the fight fell a bit on Luffy's part... we know he can fight harder and that gear 2 is more effective then what we saw; not to mention that finisher was rather lame (i know they were trying to say "it's alot more powerful then a nomral bazooka", but it just didn't work)

Ya i think if they worked more on the fighting end of the characters i think the arc would have turned out better... all the arc needed was more REAL fighters and a better execution of Luffy's skills
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-26, 16:38   Link #53
Nuzzles

Totally agreed, Slayerx. Hopefully they learned something from this filler arc, and the next one will be better.
Old 2007-12-26, 17:44   Link #54
Fyria

Well atleast it was better than all Naruto/Bleach fillers
Old 2007-12-27, 15:50   Link #55
strategos

Well, I guess they were trying to not commit the same mistake as Bleach/Naruto in the fillers. When suddenly a real powerful adversary appears in the fllers and the power lvl of everyone is like all screw. Still, the arc could have been better but they manage to do a good ark. None the less some of the things came from the Master itself,, Oda. So that probably helped a lot in the story.

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote