AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-16, 22:00   Link #21
FateAnomaly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyDSM View Post
She escaped from the church tho, hell might even been lead on by the science side to get her into town but tis not really covered how she got away...shes slippery like that :P
Eh she didn't run away from the church. She is loyal to the church. Also they are always watching her. They could retrieve her anytime but choose not to.
Old 2008-12-22, 20:09   Link #22
cyoti

For the Level 5 Espers, who is No. 2 if Railgun is 3 and Accelerator is 1
Old 2008-12-23, 05:49   Link #23
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

What i'm about to say is a spoiler so read at your own risk!!
Spoiler for The Level 5's of Academy City:
Old 2008-12-23, 12:06   Link #24
CeDeR
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to CeDeR Send a message via AIM to CeDeR Send a message via Yahoo to CeDeR
so far ive seen till episode 3 but im not feeling it...should i keep going or quit?thnx
Old 2008-12-23, 12:12   Link #25
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeDeR View Post
so far ive seen till episode 3 but im not feeling it...should i keep going or quit?thnx
Give it till ep 5 or 7 when the action kicks in, even blach and anruto frist few eps were dragy, after the fight with the sword girl you should have all the info you as to weather you like it or not, ep 12 is killer just for a show of character and character dev.
Old 2008-12-23, 13:03   Link #26
BlueDo

What is up with the Deep Blood incident?
I didn't see it in the manga.

I did watch the anime.
The point is: is it real?
Old 2008-12-23, 13:18   Link #27
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
Eh she didn't run away from the church. She is loyal to the church. Also they are always watching her. They could retrieve her anytime but choose not to.
Ummm I think its safe to assume she was living in a more controlled environment until she got away and they were just trying to convince her to come back with them but took the slow path to do it.
Old 2008-12-23, 15:07   Link #28
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDo View Post
What is up with the Deep Blood incident?
I didn't see it in the manga.

I did watch the anime.
The point is: is it real?
It's real and canon because the Deep Blood Arc is based on Volume 2 of the light novels. The reason it didn't appear in the manga was because Volume 2 was the least popular of the novels thus the manga skip it in favor of the Volume 3 which is currently the Mikoto arc that is also currently showing in the anime.
Old 2008-12-23, 23:08   Link #29
BlueDo

Thanks, and I gotta ask.
What kind of clones are the Sisters?
are they artificial clones, or humans genetically altered to model Railgun?
The way it was described is kinda ambiguous.
Old 2008-12-24, 00:51   Link #30
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Thanks, and I gotta ask.
What kind of clones are the Sisters?
are they artificial clones, or humans genetically altered to model Railgun?
The way it was described is kinda ambiguous.
According to the manga, they are clones of Misaka that were created using her cell samples inserted into fertilized eggs in Cloning Vats where their growth was speeded using medication and were implanted basic brain functions like language Movement and logic via a Brain Washing machine. Each clone cost about 180,000 Yen (US$1,992.90) thus many can be produced at a cheap cost and so basically the Sisters are artificial clones. Hope that answers your question.
Old 2008-12-24, 01:54   Link #31
BlueDo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
According to the manga, they are clones of Misaka that were created using her cell samples inserted into fertilized eggs in Cloning Vats where their growth was speeded using medication and were implanted basic brain functions like language Movement and logic via a Brain Washing machine. Each clone cost about 180,000 Yen (US$1,992.90) thus many can be produced at a cheap cost and so basically the Sisters are artificial clones. Hope that answers your question.
I don't really know the technical definition of "artificial clones"
But from the way you described it, I would interpret that they were born humans and individuals.
Old 2008-12-24, 03:47   Link #32
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
But from the way you described it, I would interpret that they were born humans and individuals.
Actually they lack Individuality because their minds are connected via their psychic electrical powers where they constantly transmit data with each other. So what 1 sister sees the other knows. Of course the one exception would be No. 100,032 who's has some slight individuality as she likes Cats and knows how to make a bad joke.
Old 2008-12-24, 10:00   Link #33
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

Quote:
Actually they lack Individuality because their minds are connected via their psychic electrical powers where they constantly transmit data with each other. So what 1 sister sees the other knows. Of course the one exception would be No. 100,032 who's has some slight individuality as she likes Cats and knows how to make a bad joke.
assuming 100,032 is the one touma saved, maybe its because of his hand that gave her a personality. his hands stop anything magical or psychic anyway.( and the clones are possible might be due to the powers)
Old 2008-12-24, 10:41   Link #34
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2008-12-28, 12:28   Link #35
SwiftStrike
Reaching for the Heavens

Touma "losing" his memory....it doesnt seem much of a difference at this point...will it?
he seems just fine...and the other chars dont realize it(i think)

and...why were they explaining arhen's theory about the cat?
Old 2008-12-28, 13:53   Link #36
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftStrike View Post
Touma "losing" his memory....it doesnt seem much of a difference at this point...will it?
he seems just fine...and the other chars dont realize it(i think)
It killed his previous self and stripped him of his sense of personal identity--that's what it felt like to him. The other characters don't know that he's lost his memory, but they have pointed out discrepancies in his behavior. That he doesn't have any friends aside from those two spacey guys helps.
Quote:
and...why were they explaining arhen's theory about the cat?
"Arhen"? You mean Schrödinger's cat, in episode 12? Komoe was giving a technobabble explanation of how esper powers operate. Of course, it seems like everyone was asking "Why?"--but in the sense of "Why are they wasting our time with this halfassed unnecessary explanation? Needs more Biri Biri."
Old 2008-12-28, 15:27   Link #37
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Yeah, Schrödinger's cat... was some time since I was reminded of taht.... there were some implications in Evangelion about Schrödinger's cat in the box when discussing Asuka's character... Nice to see it popping out in here as well.

But frankly I could do without all those unnecessarily explanations...
Old 2008-12-29, 11:16   Link #38
SwiftStrike
Reaching for the Heavens

ah yes i meant Schrodinger (weird names from people of the past always confuse me...mistook for Arrhenius..)

I see thx. yeh some of the explanations were out of the blue lol. But its nice to see they tied it in with reality

oh wow...they added more explanations in ep 13.

fire isnt a vector right...so accelerator cant possibly make it

Last edited by SwiftStrike; 2008-12-29 at 23:40.
Old 2008-12-30, 04:08   Link #39
jwai

Quote:
ah yes i meant Schrodinger (weird names from people of the past always confuse me...mistook for Arrhenius..)

I see thx. yeh some of the explanations were out of the blue lol. But its nice to see they tied it in with reality

oh wow...they added more explanations in ep 13.

fire isnt a vector right...so accelerator cant possibly make it
Given enough friction between the particles in the dust cloud, it could be enough to set off a spark for the explosion.
Old 2008-12-31, 11:24   Link #40
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

how many episodes is this supposed to be 24? 26?
Closed Thread

Tags
q&a