3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-10-28, 14:14   Link #21
quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
They should be responsible for their own gunpla before battle, otherwise there will be a bunch of guys who claim their suit faulty and want a rematch. In this case it's clearly Kirara broke his suit way before the match. It's his fault that he didn't make a double check before each match.

I get what your saying that anytime a persons Gunpla falls apart in a middle of the match might scream sabotage/cheating, but in this case come on. She very clearly admits to it during the match.

Just have to remember.... This is a kids show. Have to suspend disbelief even more than normal.....
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-28, 14:20   Link #22
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I had to suspend my disbelief harder when I watch GSD, though.

But like I said, there is a reason that for each and every match, the players in those fighting game tournament always do a throughout check for each of his button even though he just finished his previous match. The referee won't care what happens to your own equipment, unless you're well known or that tournament is in-house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephis View Post
I predict she is going to be a bit more popular character than China in terms of character design. Personality-wise I wouldn't be too sure. (Time and amount of fanarts that are drawn by various artists will tell). But her normal looks (her idol looks fail) are way better looking for sure. But considering artists of PIXIV pretty much drew her a lot on day 1 immediately, I think China will be overshadowed by her kind of (Then by Aila Jyrkiäinen and her Qubeley Papillon in the near future). Well China is kind of plain =w=.
Her fanarts are already on the roll as fast as Sei's mom.
Old 2013-10-28, 14:32   Link #23
Mephis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
I get what your saying that anytime a persons Gunpla falls apart in a middle of the match might scream sabotage/cheating, but in this case come on. She very clearly admits to it during the match.

Just have to remember.... This is a kids show. Have to suspend disbelief even more than normal.....
She never loudly "admits" to it out loud during the battle. She only reveals herself to be Mihoshi and Sei realizes she was the culprit for damaging the Build Strike, then after Sei asks her if she is fine winning like that, she pretty much tells him she will do anything to make her dream come true.

Quote:

Her fanarts are already on the roll as fast as Sei's mom.
That's what I just said. the artists are like rolling out fanarts of her fast despite only being day 1 of the episode release
Mephis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-28, 14:36   Link #24
Vsin
Aldracity

Quote:
If we can't see her again, I'd be rage. She is a dedicated girl. To watch 20 series and study all that gunpla shit would require a huge effort, and I would rate her higher than China for that.
Yarrr, force-feeding yourself 20 Anime series, ~half of which being full cour, and none of which being targeted at females?

Also, I just realized that it's somewhat weird for her to need to learn how to BUILD Gunpla. Does she need to build them on talk shows or something?
Vsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-28, 14:46   Link #25
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsin View Post
Also, I just realized that it's somewhat weird for her to need to learn how to BUILD Gunpla. Does she need to build them on talk shows or something?
I don't think it's weird, seeing how people always get worked up over girls who play games in MMO. It's like people kinda went crazy when they knew Sumire Uesaka (correct me if I'm wrong, my memory is hazy right now) is also into tank stuff. She can't lie to her fans without knowing a single thing about Gunpla builder, because people who know the most about idol's life are, surprisingly and kind of disgusting, usually their fans.
Old 2013-10-28, 14:54   Link #26
Mephis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsin View Post
Probably. To promote the products or franchise of the thing she is working for, she needs the knowledge about it. She could get questioned by her fans about Gunpla and she would need to answer about them. Pretty much saying, her idol agency had to have her cover all knowledge about Gundam for her to promote them.

It's funny how none of the Gundam 00 mobile suits have yet to come out in this series (except Exia in episode 1 and 4) to fight in Gunpla Battles (I wouldn't want to see Exia, 00 or 00Q getting owned easily though...)
Old 2013-10-28, 15:27   Link #27
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Principalities View Post
Ugh. Try as I might I can't really get into these latest Gundam series.
First AGE and now this.
I can understand the need to appeal to a younger audience but this is just too childish.

Can't say I like the way Bandai is doing this.
Reminds me of cartoons featuring those tamiya cars and others in similar vein...
Anime created to hard sell models.
Uh you do realize Gunpla is one of the key aspects of all gundam series? Its one of the main things keeping the franchise alive (each show made > more designs to sell more models). And its not exactly childish either as all age groups collect and build these things (including me for example). The show also caters to older fans with the sheer amount of references and older suit appearances.

I wont fault you for not liking it though, personal taste :P, I'm just putting the facts out there

Now for the episode:
-Lmao that was amusing to watch
-So Reiji and Iori is not the only team, I think this is quite fair, as not everyone can do both piloting and building (btw notice anything about those Marasai pilots?)
-BAHAHAHAH now Justice gets owned (albeit by a red zaku)
-LOL Ral, always choosing the weird moments to show up
-A PINK GERBERA TETRA, this alone made the episode for me
-LOL @ China's reactions

8/10

I wonder whats up with that dialogue at the end with Yuuki, that definitely got my attention

Cant wait for next week to see the Gundam x Maou in action, probably gonna make me buy another kit lol

Last edited by Skye629; 2013-10-28 at 15:55.
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-28, 16:28   Link #28
Mephis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
-So Reiji and Iori is not the only team, I think this is quite fair, as not everyone can do both piloting and building (btw notice anything about those Marasai pilots?)
Jerid and Kacricon are alive!!! =w=

OR

They were teleported into this anime from Gundam Z!!!
Old 2013-10-28, 19:01   Link #29
ryuusei

Was the idol cosplaying Marida in civilian clothing?
ryuusei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-28, 19:03   Link #30
Mephis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuusei View Post
Nah, they just look similar. The coat looks similar but the hat's color is different. But I think it was intentional kind of.
Old 2013-10-28, 19:17   Link #31
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuusei View Post
She's Yurin in Marida's spy cloths! Whose alter ego is Meer Campbell!

Awesome ep as usual. Especially Jerid and Kacricon acting useless as usual. Some things never change.
Old 2013-10-28, 19:19   Link #32
Mephis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
She's Yurin in Marida's spy cloths! Whose alter ego is Meer Campbell!

Awesome ep as usual. Especially Jerid and Kacricon acting as useless as ever.
Oh please, Yurin didn't have freckles (And she didn't have a seductive personality or being a bitch at the end)

but yeah she looks like Yurin + Marida's casual clothing then she turns into Meer Campbell.

And her oppai seems big

Would have been more epic if Jerid and Kacricon were defeated after Sei and Reiji start using Build Gundam Mk-II as Jerid got owned by the original one so many times when Kamille piloted it lol
Old 2013-10-28, 19:25   Link #33
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Oh please, Yurin didn't have freckles (And she didn't have a seductive personality or being a bitch at the end)
She inherited those freckles from Meer too.

Quote:
And her oppai seems big
See above!

Quote:
Would have been more epic if Jerid and Kacricon were defeated after Sei and Reiji start using Build Gundam Mk-II as Jerid got owned by the original one so many times when Kamille piloted it lol
LMAO!
Old 2013-10-28, 19:31   Link #34
Mephis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
She inherited those freckles from Meer too.

See above!
Ok... Yurin Face + Meer Body + Meer's original freckles before surgery + Marida Cruz's casual clothing = Mihoshi

Then she switch to her idol mode Kirara, then it's Meer with double stars + twin tail (Lacus and Meer combined?! O.o)

Quote:
LMAO!
I never thought Jerid and Kacricon would appear as a cameo, but still they could have been placed better more comically

Then Jerid would go yelling out "Kisama! Kisama! Kisama!". 8D
Old 2013-10-28, 20:22   Link #35
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Justice was never a great Gundam, anyways. It's just Athrun is a kickass pilot.

Infinite Justice was a great Gundam.

I see myself in a Forbidden Gundam Gunpla, assuming its special abilities exist besides Trans-Phase armor.

I want to see the Mark-II so bad!!!!!
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-28, 20:26   Link #36
Mephis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Justice was never a great Gundam, anyways. It's just Athrun is a kickass pilot.

Infinite Justice was a great Gundam.

I see myself in a Forbidden Gundam Gunpla, assuming its special abilities exist besides Trans-Phase armor.

I want to see the Mark-II so bad!!!!!
Like a lot of people say, the special armor concept such as Gundarium, Gundanium, Phase Shift Armor doesn't exist in this anime @__@;;

But I wonder if one were to use Blitz Gundam or something, if it can use Mirage Colloid.
Old 2013-10-28, 20:37   Link #37
Nvis
Where are the good animes

By 3/4 of SEED, everyone was using beam weaponry anyways. Phase Shift be damned.

Now Hyperion Gundam's Umbrella shield around whole body.......
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-28, 20:37   Link #38
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
It's funny how none of the Gundam 00 mobile suits have yet to come out in this series (except Exia in episode 1 and 4) to fight in Gunpla Battles (I wouldn't want to see Exia, 00 or 00Q getting owned easily though...)
Take it with a grain of salt, but from what I heard, because of broadcast rule, there won't be 00S2, Trailblazer and AGE in Gundam BF. 00S1 is fine, though.

Quote:
ike a lot of people say, the special armor concept such as Gundarium, Gundanium, Phase Shift Armor doesn't exist in this anime @__@;;
None of them will have any effect in this show. The toughness of your gunpla depends completely on your build's quality.
Old 2013-10-28, 20:42   Link #39
Mephis
Banned

Quote:
Take it with a grain of salt, but from what I heard, because of broadcast rule, there won't be 00S2, Trailblazer and AGE in Gundam BF. 00S1 is fine, though.
I think mobile suits from Gundam 00 coming out in this series is kind of bad since the Mobile suits from Gundam 00 all use GN Drives, which means Sunrise will have to make the GN particle effects come out from the GN Drives pretty much, or they can be cheap and make it as if the normal thrusters are coming out from them. But yeah... I think it's fine that mobile suits from 00 aren't in action in this series.

Quote:
None of them will have any effect in this show. The toughness of your gunpla depends completely on your build's quality.
Yep, and really if the armor concept existed then everyone would go for the mobile suits with beam weaponry

But I wonder if you can really use metal parts for other stuff such as the shield. It seems Sei used metal parts for creating Build Strike's beam rifle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
By 3/4 of SEED, everyone was using beam weaponry anyways. Phase Shift be damned.

Now Hyperion Gundam's Umbrella shield around whole body.......
I guess they don't want to make things look cheap?
Old 2013-10-28, 20:43   Link #40
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Its true. Its not a broadcast rule but a production agreement with MBS, which was the broadcaster and co-producer for Seed, 00, and AGE.

Those shows are too new and my guess is it was to protect MBS and prevent Sunrise from taking one of those shows and producing a sequel with a rival company (which TV Tokyo, the broadcast for Gundam BF, is) within a specified period of time.

Unicorn and Gunpla Builders weren't produced by MBS so that's why they can be on this show even though they came out after Gundam 00.