*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Some comments/corrections to Deathkillz

Spoiler:
thankyou very much
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 15:29   Link #182
Kazu-kun

Some comments and corrections to Kaoru Chujo

Spoiler:

Quote:
A big question for me is why the aliens and the Earth people have such similar biology. One thing I really like is the way crew members can leap and slide easily into their places in the control room. There's one example in the OP and then again in ep3.
I don't think it has anything to do with the control room. In the manga YUI performes those kind of moves in the middle of the street. I think it's just natural for them.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2008-06-08 at 14:51.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 15:44   Link #183
airguitar316
ClaymoreDragonaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by romulusx5 View Post
yeah, a little yuri wont hurt. i think we're all expecting it anyways.LOL

the principal guy btw, looks like he's a member of an 80's metal band with the mullet.
Quote:
Lol. I think that's actually supposed to look like a "dandy," or a 19th-century artist or musician.
That's a funny observation...

The spaceship's mission is still a mystery to me. I like the ending for both episodes so far, but I also think the pace of the episodes is slow for my taste, but Blue Drop is still watchable for me.
airguitar316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 17:21   Link #184
romulusx5

im still watching it though. i'll be honest, im watching out for the yuri but the pace is indeed "crawling". i want to see more of the spaceship and what it's doing under water, while higano (?) does her human thing. she's an alien, right?

and yes, i expect the principal to headbang later on.
romulusx5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 19:39   Link #185
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Some comments and corrections to Kaoru Chujo. ...[Numerous points, all true]...
Thanks! I should have checked the names, in particular -- and rewatched ep3 just for the fun of it and to remind myself of...
Spoiler for ep3 and manga:
I should certainly have remembered that Tsubael is the name of Gotou Yuuko's character. As much as I liked her as Mikuru in SHnY and Hiyori in Mizuiro (2003), I'm glad to see her getting some somewhat different roles.

And for romulusx5, I certainly don't find the show slow. It seems to me that a lot has happened in three episodes, both externally and within each character. But I can certainly understand where you might be coming from. I'm hoping the show keeps on having elements that have a chance of appealing to viewers who like different things.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 20:46   Link #186
Kazu-kun

Reply to something really interesting pointed out by Kaoru Chujo.

Spoiler for manga:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
And for romulusx5, I certainly don't find the show slow. It seems to me that a lot has happened in three episodes, both externally and within each character. But I can certainly understand where you might be coming from. I'm hoping the show keeps on having appealing that have a chance of appealing to viewers who like different things.
For me, one of the most appealing elements in this series is the music. I can't even begin to describe how much I loved those piano pieces in episode 3, specially the one that plays when Mari and Hagino are reminiscing about what happened the previous night. The track playing when the Blue surfaces to face the Novaal was excellent too.
Old 2007-10-20, 04:07   Link #187
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

EP 2 was to much mastery to me
i didn't understand it i think it gone be good show
who is mari ? that the Q
The Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-20, 23:27   Link #188
airguitar316
ClaymoreDragonaut

To me, it could be an epic anime and the pace is very straightforward. My Question is what is the spaceship's purpose, and what REALLY is the connection between hagino and Wakatake. What is Hagino's purpose impersonating a human? These are questions that hope to be answered in the enxt episode. And no, I am not afraid of yuri.
Old 2007-10-21, 17:19   Link #189
Archuka
A territory most absolute

Why does this series not yet have its own forum? This is easily one of the highlights of the season. This is a contender for my top few anime of all time and it just seems to deliver on all fronts; art, animation, acting, directing, plot, you name it, based on the two first episodes it all seems top notch.
Archuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 17:24   Link #190
guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archuka View Post
Why does this series not yet have its own forum?
I doubt that is going to happen. It is just not popular enough to generate much discussions. If you take a look around, there are mostly the same people posting, and small numbers, too. This show actually exceeds my expectations so far. Just don't fall short in the end!
Old 2007-10-21, 17:57   Link #191
Lesca

It deserves it's own forum I think, it's a great series so far.
Could the Emul force have anything to do with Hagino's reaction to Mari? just a thought really.
Old 2007-10-21, 18:03   Link #192
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
it may deserve one but it doesnt mean that it will

mari is obviously special here...being the sole survivor of that island incident she must have some special power up her sleeves (maybe the way she managed to hurt hagino just by contact is one of those powers she possesses).

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 18:35   Link #193
Archuka
A territory most absolute

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
I doubt that is going to happen. It is just not popular enough to generate much discussions.
I don't think it has anything to do with the show itself but the lack of hype. People just don't know about it and there aren't enough foaming mouths talking about it to make more people interested.

Besides, Asatte no Houkou has its own forums as well and despite being a very good show, I doubt it ever had a huge following.
Archuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 19:11   Link #194
mdauben

I had watched the first two subbed episodes of Blue Drop and was not totally sold on the series. It seemed like it had potential, but it just did not grab me at first. Later, I went back to re-watch the two episodes to check out a couple of comments that people had made, and I really enjoyed the second go through much more. I just got more of what was going on (not supprising, I suppose, as there is a lot happening in those two episodes) and that greater understanding led to greater enjoyment.

The second viewing moved it from my "maybe" list to my "must watch" list.
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 22:26   Link #195
airguitar316
ClaymoreDragonaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesca View Post
It deserves it's own forum I think, it's a great series so far.
Could the Emul force have anything to do with Hagino's reaction to Mari? just a thought really.
Sure, it deserves it's own forum. BUt in reality, only a few people "get" the series. And if you observe some posts, some people are still on the fence about the series. Maybe by episode 5 or more, we'll see the normal forum but with the numbers here, it's just weak and unnecessary.
Old 2007-10-21, 23:12   Link #196
Diodati
The very united ACROSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by romulusx5 View Post
and yes, i expect the principal to headbang later on.
My partner thought he looked like a 1970s pimp. I myself think it's a woman wearing a fake moustache. =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
I had watched the first two subbed episodes of Blue Drop and was not totally sold on the series. It seemed like it had potential, but it just did not grab me at first. Later, I went back to re-watch the two episodes to check out a couple of comments that people had made, and I really enjoyed the second go through much more. I just got more of what was going on (not supprising, I suppose, as there is a lot happening in those two episodes) and that greater understanding led to greater enjoyment.

The second viewing moved it from my "maybe" list to my "must watch" list.
Yeah I found this too - I actually liked it from the start but I watched episode 2 twice within a short space of time, and you do gain an enthusiasm for the series the more you actually 'mull over' its content. I also genuinely expect this series to get more intriguing and grande as it progresses. I hope also that they manage to continue with such good interaction between Hagino and Mari because that (and the music) has mostly been the series' strength for me.
Diodati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 23:19   Link #197
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Not directly, I think... but

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diodati View Post
I hope also that they manage to continue with such good interaction between Hagino and Mari because that (and the music) has mostly been the series' strength for me.
I can't agree more about the music; it's beautiful. About the interaction between Mari and Hagino... someone in another forum said "They both can't stop being interested in the other, but every time one of them gets close to the other, someone gets hurt." Certainly their mutual attraction grows with every episode, and I'm already looking forward to the moment when they can truly reach each other.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2007-10-21 at 23:50.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-22, 06:31   Link #198
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 2

Yeah, I didn't think that was as attention-grabbing as the first ep. Too many cliches, I think. I realize that most of them were there in the first ep, but they become more pronounced in this ep, and easier to notice and be put off by in this ep. Fortunately, the characters themselves still retain a certain level of uniqueness, even Mari, who fortunately isn't the typical tsundere, and her disposition and attitude towards the world is pretty well explained.

After the first ep, I was pretty certain this was going to be a winner. Now, I'm just a bit over half certain, but not as resolute as I was. I'm still really intrigued by all of it, it is an interesting set up, even if we've seen bits and pieces of it before.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-22, 16:38   Link #199
Lesca

Er is Genjo-Subs the only group subbing this? because it says the websites been suspended?
Old 2007-10-22, 18:59   Link #200
mdauben

Quote:
Er is Genjo-Subs the only group subbing this? because it says the websites been suspended?
Huh?

I just checked their website, and it looks okay to me. They even comment that they are planning on turning ep 3 around more quickly than they did 2. I don't think there is any problems.

There is also another group called Simoun-Fans who are doing Blue Drop, but they are only releasing softsub ASS files, rather than complete subbed episodes (they are only up to ep 2, also).
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, sci-fi, shounen, yuri