AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Vote for your favourite Toradora! character(s) - Final Take!
Takasu Ryuuji 152 50.00%
Aisaka Taiga 186 61.18%
Kushieda Minori 114 37.50%
Kawashima Ami 162 53.29%
Kitamura Yuusuke 38 12.50%
Kanou Sumire 49 16.12%
Kihara Maya 13 4.28%
Kashii Nanako 8 2.63%
Haruta Kouji 17 5.59%
Noto Hisamitsu 15 4.93%
Kogaikubo Yuri 29 9.54%
Takasu Yasuko 62 20.39%
Inko 49 16.12%
Others (specify) 3 0.99%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 304. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-11, 03:34   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Toradora! - Favourite Character(s) Poll - Final Take!

Welcome to the Toradora! - Favourite Character(s) Poll - Final Take! , the place when you can adorn you favourite characters and support them expressing all of your love!

This is your second and last chance to vote Toradora characters, to see if you've changed your mind since when the first character poll was launched. Speaking of which, the first poll has now been closed, it's not possible to vote there anymore.

Spoiler for First Poll (203 voters) Final Results - Top 5:

You can vote for multiple characters all at once in this poll. Your vote is final once you click on the "vote now" tab. You won't be able to comeback and vote a second time for another character. Choose wisely!

The poll is public which means the votes will be visible to everyone!

Thread Rules
  • No campaigning for votes / No shipping

Any post with "Vote for…/Do not vote for..." verbiage will be deleted.
    Discuss why you do or don’t like characters without campaigning for votes or worshipping this or that particular character.

• Do not insult or harass other members for their choices.

Please remember: this is for fun. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won’t be tolerated.

• Enjoy, but post intelligently.

It’s great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.
Old 2009-04-11, 04:03   Link #2
Deathscyther

I voted for my 3 favorite characters.

1. Aisaka Taiga
She has developed from the palmtop tiger to a really likable girl in my opinion.

In the beginning I did like her, but I didn't expect her to get so much development to be honest. So I was pleasantly surprised

When she started getting closer to Ryuuji and her friends, she began showing her real personality, the one that was hidden behind her tiger-personality, more and more. Even though it would make herself unhappy, she'd do anything for her friends (especially Minorin and Ryuuji). You can see this very clearly during the christmas arc.

She is very clumsy when it comes to love though, but I'm happy that everything worked out for her in the end.

2. Takasu Ryuuji
A great lead in my opinion. He's a bit dumb when it comes to love, but otherwise he is a smart and caring boy. He'd do anything to help another.

Even though Taiga was very mean to him in the beginning, he still stayed by her side because he knew that she needed him. Even though he could get a date with his 'love' during christmas, he chose to be with Taiga instead. And in the end he realized that she was the person he'd been searching for.

3. Takasu Yasuko
She's a great mother who did everything she could in order to raise her son. She might get a bit airheaded at times, but when she needs to be she can be very reliable. When she saw that Taiga started 'living' with them, she didn't mind at all. She even wanted Taiga to marry Ryuuji, so that they could become a 3 person family.
Old 2009-04-11, 05:39   Link #3
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

ryuji

taiga

ami

surprisingly i think my least favorite character is inko chan.

this was really hard i like all 3 pretty close together
Old 2009-04-11, 07:23   Link #4
typhonsentra

I liked the whole cast, but I picked Ryuuji, Ami, and Minori. The first two have been my favorites since the start but Minori really grew on me as time went on, the sacrifices she was willing to make for her friends struck me as very noble. I like Taiga also, but I felt it was better to leave one out since it'd be weird to vote for the entire main cast sans Kitamura.

Last edited by typhonsentra; 2009-04-11 at 09:58.
Old 2009-04-11, 09:09   Link #5
wistfulloner

I picked Ryuji, Taiga and Minori. The drama between them is simply fascinating, to say the least.

The relationship among the trio is the first thing I look out for in every episode.
Old 2009-04-11, 09:21   Link #6
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Hm...at the End I only liked few Characters :
  • Aisaka Taiga
  • Kawashima Ami
  • Takasu Ryuuji
  • Kushieda Minori
  • Kanou Sumire
Old 2009-04-11, 10:03   Link #7
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

For me, it's always been Ryuji, Taiga and Ami's show. Too bad Ami wasn't as developed as I wanted her to be, but... I still loved her character progression, as well as that of the two protagonists. Near the end, I was quite swayed towards Minorin, but I don't know if that's actually elevated her to their pantheon, myself.

Old 2009-04-11, 11:40   Link #8
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

@ Deathscyther - that is a kick ass signature. Did someone on AS make it for you?

So far it seems like no matter what group of people you like the common denominator is Ryuji. For a lead protagonist in a Romance anime he is really a step above the usual generic characters.
Old 2009-04-11, 17:24   Link #9
Sephiroth_760
Anime is lifestyle

Send a message via MSN to Sephiroth_760
I really liked Ryuuji and Taiga in the beginning
but later I liked Ami more, because she was more like the sad character of the anime
like the scene when they were preparing the christmas festival at their school and ami sad to ryuuji (whispering) that he should give her one more chance

and I hate the art taiga and ryuuji ended up together -.-'
Old 2009-04-11, 18:15   Link #10
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Only characters by the end of the show I still had any respect for were Ryuuji, Taiga, Haruta, Yuri, Yasuko, and that damned parrot.

Hence why I voted for them.
Old 2009-04-12, 06:10   Link #11
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Ami was great as the tragic character. I like Taiga and Ryuuji, but Ami was the great character trapped in a good show.
Old 2009-04-12, 07:37   Link #12
Meatrose
Antihero

I only voted for Ami.

I usually don't vote for more than one character in votes such as this unless there are two (or more) characters that really stand out from the rest. I loved how Ami managed to come off as stronger and more mature than the rest of the cast while being vulnerable and in the need of love and acceptance at the same time. She struck me as the girl who was forced to grow up too fast for her own good, and when she returned to a normal life she realized that no one understood her true self. I loved how perceptive she was and the way she, despite her own problems and needs, tried to help the one she had feelings for make the right decision, even though it meant pushing him into the arms of another woman.

I also liked Ryuuji since he didn't manage to piss me off the way male leads usually do in romance anime. Sure, I often wanted to whack some sense into him, but Ami was already there doing it for me. I liked Taiga for who she was but even more for who she became. She went through a lot of development (more than any other character in the show in my opinion) and I truly think that she deserved the happy ending she got. I liked Minori for her positive energy and the way she (just like Taiga) sacrifices her own needs and feelings for her best friend. The budding friendship between "the two rejects", Ami and Minori, brought a smile to my face. These characters turned out to be Toradora!'s most powerful weapon. If I would have voted for more than one character it would have been for these four together.
Old 2009-04-13, 12:11   Link #13
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

I loved the entire cast, but I only voted for my four favorites from the series (in no particular order here):

- Takasu Ryuji
- Takasu Yasuko
- Aisaka Taiga
- Kawashima Ami
Old 2009-04-13, 12:26   Link #14
xxBANGitsaly
Rabid Fangirl

i voted ami, taiga, and ryuuji

ami was my favourite character due to her character development. when she first came in, i hated her and wanted to rip her head off. she was a trainwreck. but she grew up and became a complex character that i could admire.

taiga was also one i hated at first. i dont normally like tsunderes, so i already wasnt on good terms with her character. but i could really see her growing up, being more mature (and more deredere!) and saw her quickly becoming one of my favourite characters.

ryuuji i never had a problem with. he was a pretty good male lead. he never did any stupid perverted things or felt all the girls should be hanging off him. sometimes he was a little TOO oblivious for me but i can see where hes coming from.

signature by the talented risa-chan
Old 2009-04-14, 12:21   Link #15
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I enjoyed ALL the characters and found them each interesting... so my votes are simply for the ones who bubbled up slightly higher. (Ryuuji, Taiga, Ami, Sumire). For me, this is one of the few series where the *ensemble* cast complemented each other to the extent that I find it misleading to single out particular characters.
Old 2009-04-14, 13:34   Link #16
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

My absolute favorite is Minorin (sad to see her scoring the lowest of the Main Four), but I voted Taiga, Ryuuji and Ami as well.
Old 2009-04-14, 21:34   Link #17
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
My absolute favorite is Minorin (sad to see her scoring the lowest of the Main Four), but I voted Taiga, Ryuuji and Ami as well.
Well mine's were the same as OverMaster. ^^ Anyway it has a great cast. Even the side characters were interesting.
Old 2009-04-14, 22:00   Link #18
typhonsentra

No Kashii love whatsoever?

Is she the only named character that never gets paired with anyone besides Inko and the teacher?
Old 2009-04-15, 12:19   Link #19
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Kashii, Kihara, Noto, and Haruta -- could easily have entire series or OVAs constructed around them (as well as any other second tier character). That's one of the plus points of the series - that feeling of immersion into the lives of a bunch of somewhat realistic people. They continue their own plots off-stage...
Old 2009-04-16, 00:05   Link #20
brain
house music addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
No Kashii love whatsoever?

Is she the only named character that never gets paired with anyone besides Inko and the teacher?
What?? She ends up with Haruta!

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Closed Thread