AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-09-23, 10:34   Link #1161
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

C Block is getting more interesting.
Old 2012-09-23, 10:43   Link #1162
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken270 View Post
Looks like Kyouko was assassinated in the early mategame to make sure she does not ruin the Saki faction's party. Karma got them in the back.
Not to mention the possibility that the "anti-Saki" factions are starting to kick in after the results in the second round Block A matches all but guarantees a Saki character in the Elite Eight.
Old 2012-09-23, 11:17   Link #1163
Team Rocket Elite

Finally I make a mistake in Round 2 and it's a pretty big one. I got the winners of both matches wrong. Although Shizuno made a strong effort, utlimately she fell short of beating Kuuko. Alround Kuuko level is where I had Shizuno's strength pegged before she beat Kyuoko so it seems that match was a fluke afterall. Hajime turned out to be a bad risk. Shizuno wasn't as strong as expected which meant the pull up effect wasn't as strong as I wanted. Considering the margin of loss, I think I was expecting way too much anyways.

After the Saki double loss, I'm really tempted to pick against Hisa. However, even if you assume Hisa isn't as strong as she looks, he opponents just aren't strong enough to take advantage of it. I'm still siding with Hisa here. Kurisu vs Hinata is a tough match to call. The Kurisu that beat Mihoko would have no problems winning. The Kurisu from preliminaries is about compariable to Hinata. While we'll probably see a Kurisu closer to her preliminary self, I think it will still be enough to win.

Votes:
Nakagawa Kanon
Inui Sana

Predictions:
Takei Hisa
Makise Kurisu
Old 2012-09-23, 11:24   Link #1164
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

And so D joins H as being Saki-free.

Will C do the same today?

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Guesses:
...Kanon & Kurisu
Old 2012-09-23, 11:32   Link #1165
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Picks: 1-1 (6-4, 60-46)
Predictions: 1-1 (9-1, 80-26)

Another day where Sak...WHAAAAAAAAAAA?? Shizuno was trailing all match contrary to what most believed (including me). Block C is now wide open and things have gotten a lot more interesting. That's always good in my books.

Picks: Hisa, Sana
Predictions: Kanon, Hinata

Both matches are hard to predict. In C2-2, all 3 have a chance and Buchou will be looking to help Saki bounce back from a surprising double loss. Hinata is probably favoured over Kurisu in D2-2, but my support is fully behind my #2 Sana. If she somehow manages to pull off a miraculous win, I will be satisfied with this tourney no matter what happens from now on.
Old 2012-09-23, 12:11   Link #1166
seemmeriast

**SHOCKED**

This is a great loss for Saki faction. They completely lost Group D and H, and Group C now has only Hisa who I think, after seeing Shizu's result, is unlikely to beat Kuuko. (If she even survives today.) So, Saki girls can reach group finals for at most 5 groups, less than their record of 6 in 2009.

I will not be surprised if this year they get into Elite Eight less than 4/8 which they have done before.
Old 2012-09-23, 12:26   Link #1167
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

I feel like there's gonna be 1 or 2 Saki girls in the elite 8 since for group A, B, F Kobato, Akarin, and Nyaruko/Eru/Ririchiyo looks like they have a potential to troll the Saki girls.
Old 2012-09-23, 13:17   Link #1168
seemmeriast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichuki View Post
I feel like there's gonna be 1 or 2 Saki girls in the elite 8 since for group A, B, F Kobato, Akarin, and Nyaruko/Eru/Ririchiyo looks like they have a potential to troll the Saki girls.
If it's only 1-2, it's pretty sad looking at how well they have done so far this year.

- 8 Prelim winners vs 2009's 5
- 43 in Round 1 vs 2009's 23
- 15 in Round 2 vs 2009's 11
- Maybe 9-10 in Round 3 (Hisa, Yuu, Subara, Ako, Nodoka/Momo, plus one if either Kuro or Ryuuka survives split vote) vs 2009's 7

The main factor surely is the drawing. This year's drawing isn't very beneficial to them like in 2009. Anyway, I still believe that they can get at least 3 from Group A, E, and G. Toki vs Akarin is 50/50, and I can't expect anything from "Group of Death."

I should realize that Saki is NOT Madoka. Saki is only Saki, like they were in previous years (just having more characters).

Last edited by seemmeriast; 2012-09-23 at 13:43.
Old 2012-09-23, 15:57   Link #1169
timbits
Harem Lead

AWWWWWWWWW YEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHH. Two votes, ladies and gentlemen. Kuuko for group C champion!
Old 2012-09-23, 18:39   Link #1170
ion475
にこにこにー

Well...finally my first wrong prediction (Total 9-1). Shizu is not the strongest Saki girl, but I doubt anyone expect Kuuko to win...

For next round...
Picks: Maon, Hina
Prediction: Buchou, Hina

おー!
Old 2012-09-23, 18:40   Link #1171
Team Rocket Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by seemmeriast View Post
**SHOCKED**

This is a great loss for Saki faction. They completely lost Group D and H, and Group C now has only Hisa who I think, after seeing Shizu's result, is unlikely to beat Kuuko. (If she even survives today.) So, Saki girls can reach group finals for at most 5 groups, less than their record of 6 in 2009.

I will not be surprised if this year they get into Elite Eight less than 4/8 which they have done before.
I wouldn't really say it's a huge loss. Shizuno wasn't supposed to reach Round 2 to begin with. If she got further, it's great but she already did more than she was expected to do. Knocking off the incredibly dangerous Kyouko was already a big win.
Old 2012-09-23, 19:47   Link #1172
stormtrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbits View Post
AWWWWWWWWW YEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHH. Two votes, ladies and gentlemen. Kuuko for group C champion!
Beat Hisa first if she survives later.
Old 2012-09-23, 23:20   Link #1173
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by seemmeriast View Post
If it's only 1-2, it's pretty sad looking at how well they have done so far this year.
People are still clinging to the illusion that a high number of participants make you a strong faction?
Old 2012-09-23, 23:29   Link #1174
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
People are still clinging to the illusion that a high number of participants make you a strong faction?
Negima says hi.
Old 2012-09-24, 06:37   Link #1175
Wanderer
Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by anisu View Post
Well, you'll probably do better than Hinagiku next year.
I feel terrible for Hinagiku fans. Assassinated every year. It feels gratuitous at this point. Sanya got the highest round 1 vote total of any inter-series match in her win against Hinagiku...

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken270 View Post
Looks like Kyouko was assassinated in the early mategame to make sure she does not ruin the Saki faction's party. Karma got them in the back.
No it didn't. If a faction knocks out another character by voting for their own, it isn't an assassination. It's just... voting.

Unless by "assassinate" you mean there was cheating involved with multi-votes and such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
-Saki- has tons of fodder characters... but they also have tons of mid-carders and strong characters too.
Old 2012-09-24, 08:55   Link #1176
RJ TAYLER

Too Kooky to call it anyway today. I await the cards of fate.
Old 2012-09-24, 09:11   Link #1177
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

C2-2組
1位 251票 竹井久@咲-Saki- 阿知賀編 episode of side-A
2位 159票 桜田麻音@たまゆら -hitotose-
3位 133票 中川かのん@神のみぞ知るセカイ 4人とアイドル

D2-2組
1位 236票 袴田ひなた@ロウきゅーぶ!
2位 197票 牧瀬紅莉栖@STEINS;GATE
3位 95票 乾紗凪@ましろ色シンフォニー -The color of lovers-

Kurisu performed worse than I expected

Picks- Ringo and Nagi
Predictions- Lotte and Yasuna
Old 2012-09-24, 09:16   Link #1178
Team Rocket Elite

I was worried about the wrong character. Hisa doesn't have any problems at all winning her match. I should have been a lot more worried about Kurisu. The one who beat Mihoko ended up getting taken down by Hinata.

First match should go to Astarotte. Her opponent's aren't too strong and she'll be getting Kugimiya Rie help from Nagi. Nagi is going to need to work hard to prove that she's the exception to the Hayate collapse. Madoka and Yasuna aren't complete pushovers. If it turns our that Nagi has fallen apart like the other Hayate characters, she's not going to survive the match. I'll continue to believe that Nagi can win.

Votes:
Astarotte Ygvar
Sanzen'in Nagi

Predictions:
Astarotte Ygvar
Sanzen'in Nagi
Old 2012-09-24, 09:20   Link #1179
stormtrooper

Picks (7-5)
Predictions (10-2)

Picks - Astarotte, Nagi
Predictions - Astarotte, Nagi
Old 2012-09-24, 09:52   Link #1180
Wanderer
Goat

Gonna have to go with the standard Rie combo, but no guarantees, especially for Nagi. She did really well in 2010... until a certain set of suspicious IPs were banned in the finals...

Sad to see Kurisu go down to the likes of Ro-Kyu-Bu. On the other hand, cheering on Buchou for group C!

Round 1: Picks (45-43-8), Predictions (69-27)
Round 2: Picks (6-6), Predictions (10-2)

C3
Astarotte Ygvar @ Astarotte's Toy!: <<アスタロッテ・ユグヴァール(ロッテ)@アスタロッテのおもちゃ! EX>>
Sherlock Shellingford @ Detective Opera Milky Holmes: <<シャーロック・シェリンフォード@探偵オペラ ミルキィホームズ シリーズ>>
Ringo Oginome @ Mawaru Penguindrum: <<荻野目苹果(りんご)@輪るピングドラム>>

D3
Madoka Kyouno @ Rinne No Lagrange: <<京乃まどか@輪廻のラグランジェ>>
Nagi Sanzenin @ Hayate The Combat Butler: <<三千院ナギ@ハヤテのごとく! HEAVEN IS A PLACE ON EARTH>>
Yasuna Oribe @ Kill Me Baby: <<折部やすな@キルミーベイベー>>
Closed Thread

Tags
2012, anime saimoe tournament, saimoe, tournament