AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online > Past SAO Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 15
10 out of 10: Near Perfect... 45 24.86%
9 out of 10 : Excellent... 46 25.41%
8 out of 10 : Very Good... 49 27.07%
7 out of 10 : Good... 24 13.26%
6 out of 10 : Average... 6 3.31%
5 out of 10 : Below Average... 1 0.55%
4 out of 10 : Poor... 5 2.76%
3 out of 10 : Bad... 2 1.10%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad... 1 0.55%
1 out of 10 : Tortuous... 2 1.10%
Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-10-13, 21:54   Link #161
Swordstriker21
Oshite mairu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltaray View Post
And they are also useful for multi-tasking while gaming, it's much more relaxing to watch something while grinding for levels.
Yup. Level grinding can become such a chore sometimes. It helps the company sell experience multipliers in the item mall for loads cash so it's all good eh?

Makes you wonder how the heck they pulled grinding for levels off in SAO. At least you have the incentive to not slack off cuz it was a death game.
Old 2012-10-13, 22:12   Link #162
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

[mod edit: removed quote]

Ok, but how many episodes are there left for the anime? I initial thought it was only 12 episodes and even if it is 24 episodes, I feel like they're going to rush the ending.
Old 2012-10-13, 22:22   Link #163
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth View Post
Ok, but how many episodes are there left for the anime? I initial thought it was only 12 episodes and even if it is 24 episodes, I feel like they're going to rush the ending.
The show will be 25 episodes long, at least on TV. (It's not impossible that there could be a bonus OVA episode on the last disc, or course the possibility of future seasons as always.) Beyond that, if you want to know how they'll fill the time with novel content, probably best to as in Q&A or one of the novel threads, as that can't really be discussed here.
Old 2012-10-13, 22:27   Link #164
eplipswich
The Anime Maniac

Oh my, I so love this episode. It kind of feels "fresh" to be back in the real world, and Kirito's connection with his sister/cousin is so adorable. I also love Kirito's character development here as well. The only sad thing is that Asuna is still stuck in another game, which will be revealed very soon.

Looking forward to more great things ahead ^_^

I only watch highly recommended animes ~ ~
eplipswich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 22:28   Link #165
Swordstriker21
Oshite mairu!!!

Sorry bout that. Man I keep messing up cuz I don't post that often anymore cuz of work. Anyway I'll be more careful next time.
Old 2012-10-13, 22:31   Link #166
ninetail1989
Dreamer

after i watched the Opening Song part...i kinda off it n went back to my gaming..

well....never a fan of Peter Pan or Tinker Bell....suddenly everything looks so damn childish...even the few main Villian ...have fairy wings?...i rather see a Demon Wings or Dragon Wings or Angel Wings...but come on... Fairy Wings?...n Elf Ears....i wan to remember the anime at episode 1-14.....
ninetail1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 22:40   Link #167
Swordstriker21
Oshite mairu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetail1989 View Post
after i watched the Opening Song part...i kinda off it n went back to my gaming..

well....never a fan of Peter Pan or Tinker Bell....suddenly everything looks so damn childish...even the few main Villian ...have fairy wings?...i rather see a Demon Wings or Dragon Wings or Angel Wings...but come on... Fairy Wings?...n Elf Ears....i wan to remember the anime at episode 1-14.....
Hmmm well it kinda make the series have a more lighthearted feel overall. But this is a Japanese MMO. Lots of MMOs in Japan have this kind of sensibility. You'll likely find a more heavy atmosphere and theme in american MMOs than in asian ones. It's still too quick to judge though. I've played lot's of games w/ cutesy character designs but have pretty nasty bosses and have more unforgiving difficulty settings. It all depends on taste I guess.
Old 2012-10-13, 22:45   Link #168
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Love the imouto , hope she get kirito's love in the end.
Old 2012-10-13, 23:10   Link #169
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Sugu is uguh.

Sugou though, mate, I don't think they could have made him anymore despicable.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 23:14   Link #170
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

The only thing that I dislike about this episode is the incestual tones. So so so so SOOOOOOO stupid. Other than that, it was pretty enjoyable.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 23:18   Link #171
HandofFate

Starting episode 15. This is where I left off in the LN, so I'm back in the crowd with the anime-only viewers for now.

I really like the Opening. I'm a big fan of "practice swing" scenes in anime OPs, its just really cool for me.

Initial reaction: on man little sister character, this is gonna be the best arc ever

little sister character is great. loving her character already in the first few minutes.
Didn't know Kirito actually had previous experience in martial arts/kendo.

It was kind of painful watching him getting confused with the old game world, and the real world, and mixing it up. Amusing that the footwork and quick reaction skills carried over. His little sister got the hit, but she does seem to be a ranked kendo competitor in her range afterall.

New badguy is a total creep, and he will probably be annoying as hell to watch. There's bad guys you love to hate, and bad guys that you just hate watching. This guy is like Noumi-level lame.
Old 2012-10-13, 23:23   Link #172
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Didn't know Kirito actually had previous experience in martial arts/kendo.
It was briefly mentioned in one of the early episodes. Kirito was talking with someone. (I want to say it was Klein). He said that his family ran a dojo. When he was younger, both he and his sister studied. He drifted away to his grandfather's dismay, but she kept at it.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 23:26   Link #173
jedinat

Oh god... I turned off the episode right when it became apparent that some bastard was trying to marry Asuna when she's still unconscious. SO annoying! I can't stand these type of retarded plot points that are introduced and held over your head, that serve no purpose other than to mar everything else until it's been resolved.

It really just turned the show sour for me... ugh.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 23:28   Link #174
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
When he was younger, both he and his sister studied. He drifted away to his grandfather's dismay,......
..that's because of VRGs.... LOLS
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 23:31   Link #175
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
It was briefly mentioned in one of the early episodes. Kirito was talking with someone. (I want to say it was Klein). He said that his family ran a dojo. When he was younger, both he and his sister studied. He drifted away to his grandfather's dismay, but she kept at it.
It was in the side story with Silica. It was good to again see those earlier foreshadowed elements play a role here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
Oh god... I turned off the episode right when it became apparent that some bastard was trying to marry Asuna when she's still unconscious. SO annoying! I can't stand these type of retarded plot points that are introduced and held over your head, that serve no purpose other than to mar everything else until it's been resolved.
To be clearer, he can't marry her when she's unconscious, but he was already her fiancé, and wants to formalize their existing pledge by being adopted into her family given the circumstance. So it's similar, and still creepy (mostly because he's creepy), but all it really does is establish a time limit for the quest ahead.

(Though it does remind me of what someone brought up in the thread earlier; I think he doesn't really care about Asuna, because he knows that she'd never choose him if she were awake. Despite his sort of creepster moves in this episode, it does seem more likely that he just wants the power, and she's just the means to an end.)
Old 2012-10-13, 23:32   Link #176
Krono

Quote:
That was Silica he was telling back in episode 4.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 23:32   Link #177
Swordstriker21
Oshite mairu!!!

Quote:
Cmon it's Kirito we're talking about. It had to be a cute girl. It just had to be
Old 2012-10-13, 23:33   Link #178
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Don't really like Sugou. As a novel reader, let's just say that I dislike him. Level of dislike?

I actually believe that Noumi's portrayal in Accel World was influenced by Sugou. (And this is going into AW without reading the LNs).

So, thoughts. Like the ep. Sugu's voice is a bit... off, to me - I would have preferred someone else. Like Asami Imai. That said, Sugu is pretty win and I rather like her so far. Only way I could like her more would be if she was voiced by Chihaya. XD Then again I'm getting my Chihaya fix by playing IM@S SP Missing Moon (Jesus Christ, being Chihaya's producer is pain. How the hell Broducer managed to survive I have no idea)... argh, rambling again, sorry.

Was rather amused by how Kirito tried to use Sword Skills and sheathe his shinai just as if he was in SAO, followed by Sugu's "Did you hit your head or something?"

Also, I approve of Sugu's feelings for Kirito. Sadly, I think it's quite clear that Kirito has eyes for Asuna only. And yes, looking at Sugu, I can see why Kirito kicked Klein in the balls in Ep 1 when he asked about Kirito's sister - I have a winmouto made of love like her, I'm not going to let some dude I just met online meet her.

Good start. Still can't really be assed to be as enthusiastic about this as I was at the start of SAO though, since I've found that the more enthusiastic I am, the greater my chance of getting infractions and tempbans.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 23:36   Link #179
LKK

Now that I think about it, maybe it was Silica Kirito was talking to.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 23:41   Link #180
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
To be clearer, he can't marry her when she's unconscious, but he was already her fiancé, and wants to formalize their existing pledge by being adopted into her family given the circumstance. So it's similar, and still creepy (mostly because he's creepy), but all it really does is establish a time limit for the quest ahead.
My episode progression:

It's really awesome how this show isn't ending with the game! Something I'd have liked to see with .hack//Sign, etc...

I am really disappointed that she isn't awake--"Darn, they're going to drag this out as an easy alternative to developing their relationship."

I am annoyed when I see a younger guy come in with the dad--"They're not really going to go there are they--a rival or fiancee or some crap? No, that would be too much of a cop out. I really hope not."

Guy mentions her wearing the dress--"OMG! No way, they can't be serious."

They were serious--"#@^&*!" *throws PC out window*
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote