AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On!! (Second Season) - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 33 37.08%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 26.97%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 23.60%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 7.87%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.37%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.12%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-06, 23:08   Link #101
krko
The Movie is Coming

While I do like Ui, I have to agree that she's a bit of a satellite character, in that without Yui, Ui's existence in the show is meaningless. Even during this episode, Ui is still mostly defined by her sister. Heck, Jun is more of an independent character than Ui is. Although it looks like Kyoani is trying to move Ui slowly out of this, via introducing her as an organist, something that is finally not at all related to Yui.
Old 2010-05-06, 23:48   Link #102
Dark Wing

I really like Ui she is indeed one of my favorite characters in this series especially after the bassball scene.
Old 2010-05-07, 00:01   Link #103
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Interesting, I find her unsetting for completely different reasons. Mainly as a talented older brother who got a very talented younger brother himself and thus has to work hard to keep the older brother "good example and pride" image intact. Talented younger brothers in anime always get in my nerves. Can't you just let your older siblings have an easy time steamrolling you?
Sure. From a personal experience, all the older sibling has to do is to play dirty.

I think Ui serves as a foil to Yui, who's totally dense, clueless, and dumb. I wouldn't be surprised if Ui plotted to kill her boyfriend if she ever gets one, then quote :

Nobody is allowed to love my sis. Except for me.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-05-07, 01:22   Link #104
Eak
One angry cloud.

K-On is either an amusing, cute, relaxing show to watch or plain boring.. Unfortunately, this episode was rather boring... and not because of the characters but content.
Old 2010-05-07, 02:07   Link #105
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I think Ui serves as a foil to Yui, who's totally dense, clueless, and dumb. I wouldn't be surprised if Ui plotted to kill her boyfriend if she ever gets one, then quote :

Nobody is allowed to love my sis. Except for me.
Nah more likely Ui will pretend to be Yui to ruin the relationship. Course it could end up as identical sisters harem end if the guy manages to raise Ui's flags.
Old 2010-05-07, 02:21   Link #106
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

While Ui might be jealous of Yui's possible relationship, keep in mind that she would never try to hurt her sister either, so she'd just be happy for her and move on I think.

Ui is more like a mother than a sister to Yui. Probably caused by their actual parents being away so much.
Old 2010-05-07, 09:21   Link #107
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparvid View Post
That might explain why I started to like her I was surprised that they managed to turn Jun from blank slate to quite interesting (and that's without me understanding the dialogue).
It just goes to show how much of a difference giving a character actual screen time can make in the long run. This time we got to see more of her than just the err normal moments.

I highly doubt Jun will surpass people like Ritsu for me, but I find Jun decent enough as a character that her sharing screen time with others will be positive rather than a negative.

On another note, Ui about to cry after she's told Yui won't be back for a couple of days says everything that needs to be said.
Old 2010-05-07, 10:32   Link #108
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
By the sound of it you should just pay to have a maid, because that's pretty much all she is really.
Why employ and pay for a maid if she can do it for free?

Besides what else do you need? She is carrying, helps out... I see nothing negative.

Yui is completly hopeless and dumb, would die long time ago if not Ui.
Old 2010-05-07, 10:44   Link #109
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
While Ui might be jealous of Yui's possible relationship, keep in mind that she would never try to hurt her sister either, so she'd just be happy for her and move on I think.
You think?

This kind of behavior can lead to some pretty dangerous consequences later on.

She might not harm Yui directly but later on down the road she could do alot of harm without ever actually going near her. The implications are all there.

Quote:
Ui is more like a mother than a sister to Yui. Probably caused by their actual parents being away so much.
That must mean their parents suck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Why employ and pay for a maid if she can do it for free?

Besides what else do you need? She is carrying, helps out... I see nothing negative.

Yui is completly hopeless and dumb, would die long time ago if not Ui.
If you pay for a maid to do all of this then it becomes their job. You have every right to expect them to do it.

If you expect the same out of a sibling, for free, well at one point or another it'll end up crossing the line into flat out using the person / taking advantage of them. Shit, this could lead to Yui becoming a hikkomori of some manner in the future. Wait until Ui starts going on dates or starts her own hobby or what have you. Shit could get ugly.

I mean we're just throwing stuff out here, and the show is cutesy fluff and all but if you actually do take things seriously you start to question things more.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2010-05-07, 12:39   Link #110
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
I would just like to post these lines from pre-production (not yet edited), and you tell me what you would think, if you couldn't see the video:

Jun: Then why don't we play a session with the 3 of us.
Ui: huh?
Jun: It's raining, so it'll be okay even if we make lots of sound, right?
Azusa: The 3 of us?
Azusa: ah that might be fun!
Ui: eh, but will I be able to do it properly?
Jun: It's okay, We'll be doing simple stuff

Damn you...script writer...
Old 2010-05-07, 13:31   Link #111
OkamiNoKaze

This was great episode, got more insight into other characters, and perhaps potential new club members. Jun seem like a pretty cool character. I agree Asuza does look like Shana with her hair down. The running commentary on the main girls trip via text and pictures was funny, especially the return of "skulls", I was expecting "Lycopine" though.
Old 2010-05-07, 14:12   Link #112
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
I would just like to post these lines from pre-production (not yet edited), and you tell me what you would think, if you couldn't see the video:

Jun: Then why don't we play a session with the 3 of us.
Ui: huh?
Jun: It's raining, so it'll be okay even if we make lots of sound, right?
Azusa: The 3 of us?
Azusa: ah that might be fun!
Ui: eh, but will I be able to do it properly?
Jun: It's okay, We'll be doing simple stuff

Damn you...script writer...
One of the wonderful things about Japanese language ... the context and ambiguity of the language makes the same lines work in so many settings.
Old 2010-05-07, 16:32   Link #113
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

"Play a session" takes my mind straight to making music.
Old 2010-05-07, 16:36   Link #114
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
One of the wonderful things about Japanese language ... the context and ambiguity of the language makes the same lines work in so many settings.
I'll never look at that scene the same again .
MAL
Old 2010-05-07, 19:20   Link #115
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I lol'd and WTF'd at the same time.
Me and my imagination.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-05-07, 21:29   Link #116
Pachael
原作通り

Mugi's script writing actually
Old 2010-05-08, 00:02   Link #117
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachael View Post
Mugi's script writing actually
Why did they let her touch the pen in the first place??? Just give her the script will be enough!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-05-08, 08:00   Link #118
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Well, she has enough money. ;P
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-05-08, 08:32   Link #119
Jimmy C

A thought, Ui should be able to deal with Yui being away for a few days by now. Remeber the last two Band Training Camps?
Old 2010-05-08, 08:58   Link #120
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
A thought, Ui should be able to deal with Yui being away for a few days by now. Remeber the last two Band Training Camps?
But during the band training camp episodes, we never got a complimentary "This is what the background characters are doing" episode.