Spoiler:
Spoiler:
I-Love-Konata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-23, 21:15   Link #642
solarknight123

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Love-Konata View Post
Spoiler:
I think it just boils down to different styles of summoning and switching persona. I don't think the creators were trying to make anything special out of Souji's style being similar to Elizabeth's style of switching personas
Old 2009-01-23, 21:18   Link #643
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I personally wouldn't look too much into it, considering other models have been reused as well. It was just Atlus's way of getting the game out faster, since they could just copy/pasta a lot of the stuff in P3 onto P4 and save themselves money/time from making them all from scratch.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-24, 07:11   Link #644
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Just defeated the Secret Boss a while ago...
Spoiler:
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-24, 20:41   Link #645
I-Love-Konata
Ero Hakase

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganeShounen View Post
Just defeated the Secret Boss a while ago...
Spoiler:
I remember how my friend and I agreed that Margaret will spawn out many many P4 doujins ever since we activated the Empress Arcana.. "I am interested in you" lol
Old 2009-01-24, 21:26   Link #646
Shadow Kira01

It would be so much more epic if..

Spoiler:
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-25, 07:48   Link #647
Oppius
Banned

I know this is an off-topic but I would love to see how the Persona 5 (maybe on PS3 or XBOX 360) may look like someday and I have few suggestions for it.

Main Setting:

No longer set in Japan. Its not I hate Japan but I think Japanese cities and rural towns are overused in video games and of course, anime/manga. The fourth game has strong Japanese rural setting but I want more than that. The fifth game need to be set in rural town of Europe or North America like Canada, France, Germany or United States but my personal vote would be Canada because I never play any single game which takes place in that country despite being the second largest country in the world. I would love to see the fifth one takes place in a port town of Canada which is more colorful and livelier than previous games(with the capabilities of PS3 or XBOX 360 of course). The main problem using Canada(and any other countries that is NOT Japan) is the Japanese voice actors may not pronounce the English names and other terms correctly. Sorry if I offended any Japanese forumers here but this is what I learn from my experience.

Premises:

Very much like previous ones but this time you are no longer a high schooler. Instead you play as a college student. You also can choose gender of your MC would be and each gender, male and female, have different people they can meet in Social Links. Like the fourth one you can have part-time jobs but you you can quit the college and find a permanent job.
Oppius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-25, 16:23   Link #648
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Implementing a two-gender choice for the Protagonist would probably take a lot of resources in the game, since there would be double the character design data.

It's probably possible to do it in a next-gen console though. With more interactive Commu Link experience.
Old 2009-01-26, 03:22   Link #649
TobiaSR32
Jedi Familiar

Send a message via Yahoo to TobiaSR32
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganeShounen View Post
Implementing a two-gender choice for the Protagonist would probably take a lot of resources in the game, since there would be double the character design data.

It's probably possible to do it in a next-gen console though. With more interactive Commu Link experience.
Should they make P5, I think we just might see that.
TobiaSR32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 06:31   Link #650
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
I actually felt like playing P3 FES now after obtaining P4's true ending, but when I started I realized how friendship isn't strongly showed in it like in P4. That Junpei started to annoy me now which didn't happen before. Guess Yosuke had too much influence on me. =)

If they make a P5 I would definitely want to see a collage student and ending with a desired social link.
Old 2009-01-26, 09:17   Link #651
I-Love-Konata
Ero Hakase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
I actually felt like playing P3 FES now after obtaining P4's true ending, but when I started I realized how friendship isn't strongly showed in it like in P4. That Junpei started to annoy me now which didn't happen before. Guess Yosuke had too much influence on me. =)

If they make a P5 I would definitely want to see a collage student and ending with a desired social link.
Junpei is nicknamed as Stupei after all
Old 2009-01-26, 13:04   Link #652
Shadow Kira01

I hope Persona 5 will have be a continuation of Persona 3 and Persona 4. As mentioned in P4 as to the whereabouts of the former Velvet Room assistant, shouldn't P5 have some sort of relation to that? The idea of making her the protagonist would be a bad idea since her personas were..strong?

Due to the fact that shadows are the manifestations of the people's negativities, the series can be continued as many times as possible, as long as there are enough funds to do so. It can also be sticked to the ps2 by utilizing dual-layer technology which some other game companies had came up with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Love-Konata View Post
Junpei is nicknamed as Stupei after all
Actually, that's a pun added after the localization. It only works with English.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post

The friendship between P3 MC and Junpei wasn't strong at all, if you consider "The Answer" as part of Persona 3.

Spoiler:
Old 2009-01-26, 19:44   Link #653
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amex_Yohko View Post
I know this is an off-topic but I would love to see how the Persona 5 (maybe on PS3 or XBOX 360) may look like someday and I have few suggestions for it.

Main Setting:

No longer set in Japan. Its not I hate Japan but I think Japanese cities and rural towns are overused in video games and of course, anime/manga. The fourth game has strong Japanese rural setting but I want more than that. The fifth game need to be set in rural town of Europe or North America like Canada, France, Germany or United States but my personal vote would be Canada because I never play any single game which takes place in that country despite being the second largest country in the world. I would love to see the fifth one takes place in a port town of Canada which is more colorful and livelier than previous games(with the capabilities of PS3 or XBOX 360 of course). The main problem using Canada(and any other countries that is NOT Japan) is the Japanese voice actors may not pronounce the English names and other terms correctly. Sorry if I offended any Japanese forumers here but this is what I learn from my experience.

Premises:

Very much like previous ones but this time you are no longer a high schooler. Instead you play as a college student. You also can choose gender of your MC would be and each gender, male and female, have different people they can meet in Social Links. Like the fourth one you can have part-time jobs but you you can quit the college and find a permanent job.
Do think it'd be nice for Canada to get something nice like this . Don't think anything good has been done with a Canadian setting. But of course it comes down to the people designing the game. If they don't know enough outside of Japan they probably don't want to do it and misrepresent the setting. Haven't minded the Japanese setting since they did a nice job with it in P4 especially. Besides for those living in cities the country is an alien setting no matter what country its based in .

If the gender was a choice they'd have to make it for a next gen system. Since you'd have to rewrite the dialogue for each one and there is a lot of dialogue in these kinds of games. Still it's not a bad idea. Besides while graphics aren't the most important thing it'd be interesting what they would do with a bit more power. Not to mention depending on the system might find space for multiple language options.

Still they've done a great job on the PS2 and might just stick with it.
Old 2009-01-28, 23:34   Link #654
Shadow Kira01

Which personas are needed to perform a backward fusion process to get Izanagi with a better skill set? Personally, I am looking forward to getting Izanagi with the following skills:

Brave Blade
Maziodyne
Elec Amp
Elec Boost
Absorb Wind/Null Wind

The other 3 skills would be bonus.
Old 2009-01-29, 01:34   Link #655
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Yowzer... banking on getting exactly 5 out of 5 inheritance slots? I'm not denying it's impossible, but that's going to be highly improbable considering you're inheriting high ranked skills, and there's going to be bound some lower rank skills there that would act as noise.

And if you didn't know already, normal fusion of the same arcana results in a rank down. Thus, Yomotsu-Shikome + Ose (and every fool below him) should result in Izanagi. Only problem with this though is that you need all 16 skills between Yomotsu-Shikome and the other fool to be unique in order to get 5 inheritance slots.

And AFAIK, it's impossible to triangle fusion Izanagi, because of how triangle fusion is calculated.

That's also not going into how are you going to level up Izanagi to the point where he's actually useful...
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-31, 18:21   Link #656
Oppius
Banned

Spoiler for ......:
Oppius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-31, 20:39   Link #657
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
Spoiler for ......:
Unbelievable!

Spoiler:
Old 2009-01-31, 22:34   Link #658
MeganeShounen
Huh?

@Amex
Woah. Definitely not my thing.
I didn't like what they did to Yukiko and Risecchi....
Old 2009-01-31, 22:53   Link #659
I-Love-Konata
Ero Hakase

Quote:
Spoiler for ......:
Epicness that words cannot describe.. lol
Old 2009-02-01, 03:40   Link #660
solarknight123

Quote:
Spoiler for ......:
Wow I think I just nearly died of laughter!

Tags
ps2