AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kanon

Notices

View Poll Results: Kanon - 2006 - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 45 43.69%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 35 33.98%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 14.56%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 4.85%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.97%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.97%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.97%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-10, 13:28   Link #21
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Wow, now this is an amusing episode. We get to hear a lot of "Uguuu~" in different variations throughout the entire episode. Let's see...my favorite scene is when Yuuichi and Ayu were in the movie. Ayu covering herself and Yuuichi teasing her. Love it when she keeps saying "Uguu" through the entire movie. An episode centered to Ayu and a piece of Yuuichi's past
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2006-11-10, 13:32   Link #22
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Though I have to say. Whatever horror movie those two were watching really sounded scary!

Man, KyoAni should attempt to animate a horror series in the future.
Old 2006-11-10, 13:39   Link #23
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I guess I should say that I do find some of Yuuichi's bullying of the girls a bit distasteful. Hitting Makoto with the rolled-up newspaper, for example, or manhandling Ayu to make her watch the movie. I know many people like that stuff, and it's supposedly meant in fun, but I see too much of guys bullying girls in anime, and it seems harsh and old-fashioned to me. No big deal, but I thought I should say it. Yuuichi does make up for it with his moments of care.
id must say that this ep portrayed the full bitchiness of yuuichi...he seems to enjoy treating makoto and ayu badly...i can understand about makoto being that she started it first but seriously ayu didnt deserve the abuse for watching that movie >.< but thats just how guys are...when girls are falling for you they tend to act "bad" and the opposite happen...look at how flirty he is with shiori and mai tho he is beginning to go into sarcastic mode with shiori...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-11-10, 13:44   Link #24
Cyz
"Show it to me"

I thought he was already in sarcastic mode? Maybe still in a level 1 or something unlike Makoto, Ayu, or Nayuki's level
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-11-10, 13:52   Link #25
Zaris
of Porsche

Send a message via AIM to Zaris Send a message via MSN to Zaris Send a message via Yahoo to Zaris
I agree with Deathkillz. I thought in the movie scene, he should've shown a bit more courtesy to Ayu after the presentation. Didn't have to scare her up in the coffee shop, the one part where Yuuichi is hollaring like a ghost in the street was cute. Hey, kids will be kids. Deathkillz should know. You're as old as they are! And I should know, I'm not that far off from their generation (well, if Kanon is a 2002 work, and they're 16 avg., I was 18 then, so I kinda am their generation in that sense lol).

I thought Yuuichi kinda redeemed himself when he said he had fun. If not, it must've been one hellava bad experience for Ayu all the way, and perhaps he would've scored some negative points then.

Makoto's a different story in my opinion. She just doesn't grow up. I'm really not liking her character, her "low-IQ-ness" for lack of a better description. I hope whatever cat we see in episode 7 "fixes" her up. = o
Old 2006-11-10, 13:55   Link #26
diopter

Really enjoyed the episode. The part where Yuuichi screamed "Makoto!" in true Tomokazu Sugita's falsetto voice was hilarious. And like everyone else, the plethora of variations in "Uguu~" is just pure win, hitting the top of the cuteness meter.
Old 2006-11-10, 14:09   Link #27
martino
makes no files now

Yuuichi is really cold for making Ayu watc...more like suffer through such an awful movie. And he must have been pretty cold hearted since he didn't even flinch during those gory scenes. A very good episode overall...
Old 2006-11-10, 14:30   Link #28
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by martino View Post
Yuuichi is really cold for making Ayu watc...more like suffer through such an awful movie. And he must have been pretty cold hearted since he didn't even flinch during those gory scenes. A very good episode overall...
Maybe he thought it would be a waste if Ayu didn't watch the movie. After all, it was Ayu who invite Yuuichi to go the the movies. Yuuichi probably seen much scarier than the one their watching. Of course, it didn't stop him from making Ayu "suffer". Hmm, he didn't give her a comforting hug
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-11-10, 14:33   Link #29
Meophist

I'm really starting to hate Ayu now.

In any case this is still a very nice episode.
Old 2006-11-10, 14:39   Link #30
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
Maybe he thought it would be a waste if Ayu didn't watch the movie. After all, it was Ayu who invite Yuuichi to go the the movies. Yuuichi probably seen much scarier than the one their watching. Of course, it didn't stop him from making Ayu "suffer". Hmm, he didn't give her a comforting hug
waste? ayu didnt even want to watch that movie but yuuichi make her anyway >.< she was scared out of her wits and yuuichi did nothing...cmon at least hug her if you are a man nope...instead he started to make ghost noises when ayu was trying so hard to go home herself knowing full well that she is afraid of the dark...dam him >.< actually...thats something that i would do to my little sis another view would a a sign of affection by yuuichi...seen as hes somewat mentally retarded hard love lol...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-11-10, 14:39   Link #31
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
I'm really starting to hate Ayu now
How come? Is it because she acts so childish? But that's what makes her lovable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
waste? ayu didnt even want to watch that movie but yuuichi make her anyway >.< she was scared out of her wits and yuuichi did nothing...cmon at least hug her if you are a man nope...instead he started to make ghost noises when ayu was trying so hard to go home herself knowing full well that she is afraid of the dark...dam him >.< actually...thats something that i would do to my little sis another view would a a sign of affection by yuuichi...seen as hes somewat mentally retarded hard love lol...
Well, there are plenty of ways on showing affection. What Yuuichi's doing right now is one of them. Mmm, it might sound unaffectionately, but it is. I guess he's quite the lady's man in a way Girls still likes him no matter how sarcastic he is
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-11-10, 14:43   Link #32
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

well... you know, overdose of some things can cause the reversed effect expected.
as for ayu, too much kawaii/moeness is sometimes... painful (not for me anyway, but i understand how people could feel this way, especially that i feel like this for makoto.)

we should admit that the "ayu character" is a bit exagerated in some ways, but that's an anime anyway.

come to think of it, she FINALLY said "thank you" ! (seriously, i was wondering how she could receive so much treats without being at least polite and showing some appreciation)
Old 2006-11-10, 15:00   Link #33
Mentar
Banned

Strange. I never got the impression that Ayu was lacking manners, just the opposite. She was always very polite to Akiko-san, and she's the primary source of treats. The person who definitely behaves inappropriately in my eyes is Kyuunichi, who is behaving like the head of the household, while he's actually as much of a freeloader as anyone else

Nevertheless, Kyuunichi is one of the aspect which have gotten so much better compared to the Toei version. Jay-Leno-chin of old got my blood boiling with his rotten spoiled attitude, I remember that all too well ^_^; ... Kyuunichi however has certain aspects of gentleness and care shining through, so he's much more likeable. That notwithstanding, he's got a mean streak and yes, he's a major bully towards the poor girls.

I'd like to get some more Kaori again, please!
Old 2006-11-10, 15:08   Link #34
Meophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
How come? Is it because she acts so childish? But that's what makes her lovable
No, it's not that. It's because she's reminding me too much of myself. That's exactly how I've acted in movie theaters recently(I can't seem to watch them, it's something about the theater that I hate). I'm actually kinda scared of what would happen if I were to actually watch a horror movie, as I've never seen one before.
Old 2006-11-10, 15:23   Link #35
Lilith
Your average fangirl

"So there're varations of "Uguu~" " Hahaha! Ayu Ayu is just so cute. I agree, her seiyuu did an awesome job.

IMO while it is bad to force a girl watch a movie, this was just for fun. If she really really really hated it, she would've left the theatre or even slap Yuuichi. They're friends, and friends like to tease each other.

As for Makoto, they're like siblings. I snickered when he hit her with the newspaper, this is something my brother sometimes do to me. It's not a real hit that leaves bruises. All of them are being playful.

So Akiko knows Ayu's and Makoto's true identity... with each episode I start to have new speculations.

Next Episode! Makoto trying Akiko's SECRET JAM. Oh yes she's leaving the scene so soon.
Old 2006-11-10, 15:23   Link #36
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Strange. I never got the impression that Ayu was lacking manners, just the opposite. She was always very polite to Akiko-san, and she's the primary source of treats.
humm, in fact, i was only basing on her behaviour towards Yuuichi, but since he is quite... cold... errr

Quote:
The person who definitely behaves inappropriately in my eyes is Kyuunichi, who is behaving like the head of the household, while he's actually as much of a freeloader as anyone else
humm, i feel yuuichi is a bit right with this behaviour. while he didn't pretend to be the head of the household, he just proved nice parts of maturity and responsability (as a freeloader, he tends to do his parts of jobs, and just spread the word/common sense. but i must admit his reaction towards ayu at the breakfast of the ep5 was really odd and mean).

This is probably a bit '"unappropriate" with ayu, but really a necessity for Makoto (especially with the miso accident)

Quote:
Nevertheless, Kyuunichi is one of the aspect which have gotten so much better compared to the Toei version. Jay-Leno-chin of old got my blood boiling with his rotten spoiled attitude, I remember that all too well ^_^; ... Kyuunichi however has certain aspects of gentleness and care shining through, so he's much more likeable. That notwithstanding, he's got a mean streak and yes, he's a major bully towards the poor girls.
humm... i guess he is really dull with Ayu and especially with makoto. (sibling with nayuki, and especially caring with shiori and mai)
this is where yuuichi sounds like Kyon, though it is not intended (maybe the seyuu, but nothing else) : he is just really realistic and basing on common sense and with some cynism (this is a rather short description... it's quite deeper, especially how he cares about ayu and makoto in.. his own way )
Old 2006-11-10, 15:54   Link #37
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
he's got a mean streak and yes, he's a major bully towards the poor girls.
That's what Maeda Jun's male leads have all been like. All of them are a little sarcastic and like to tease girls, although when the serious moments come, you'll know they're really all nice guys at heart. Yukito was like this towards Misuzu as well.

If CLANNAD ever gets animated, we'll probably get to see Tomoya shoving straws up poor Fuuko's nose too.

While most of this is done to see what kind of response the girl would have (usually funny), it shows that the guy is really just trying to get her attention and closing their distance. Two birds with one stone.
Old 2006-11-10, 16:09   Link #38
Richard 23
piko piko pikori

Enough with the Kyuuichi stuff! I played the game recently and Yuuichi is Yuuichi. The anime dialog follows the game quite accurately. If anyone wants to use the moniker "Kyuuichi" they should apply it to Kyon, not Yuuichi. But for the fact that The Meloncholy of Haruhi Suzumiya follows the original story. Phooey! But enough of that!

I really enjoyed the scene where Ayu says "bye bye" to Yuuichi three times before finally running home after the movie. That was omega kawaii!

Another great episode. To think that if this were 2002 we'd already be halfway through the series. Thank kami-sama it's 2006 and we're only 1/4 of the way through. I'm really really enjoying this remake and how faithfully it follows the original game.

Actually since I played the game recently I thought some of this episode's scenes had already been played out. But it turns out I was just recalling the game.

Well episode seven airs in a week. Look forward to it!

Spoiler for minor spoiler for the cat:

Last edited by Richard 23; 2006-11-10 at 16:19. Reason: minor spoiler
Old 2006-11-10, 16:14   Link #39
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Okay, I must admit I was laughing out loud at some of the moments in this
episode. Yes, Yuuichi was a little cold, possibly rubbing salt in the wound a
little bit too much in some cases but look at the good things he did in spots:

Spoiler:

Funny bits:

Spoiler:

Re: Akiko and Mai:

Spoiler:
Old 2006-11-10, 16:38   Link #40
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Well, nothing more to add.

Yeah! A high Ayu scene and uguu count!

To me, Ayu is very polite thru out this series.

Spoiler:

Looks like next week is a low Ayu scene and uguu count from the preview.

Like Richard 23 said, it's "Yuuichi" , Mentar.