AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 25 24.51%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 46 45.10%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 18.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 7.84%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.96%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.96%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-02, 12:15   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Claymore - Episode 5 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Claymore, Episode 5.

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for raws.
  • Absolutely no spoilers for future events from the manga in the anime thread.
    If you need to reply to someone with a reference to the game or manga, then PM them. Any spoilers, even under the spoiler tags, that reveals future events will be deleted.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread.

Spoiler tags still can be used where one deems appropriate. There are two ways to create clearly marked spoiler tags as they are shown in the following:

The easy way: By simply clicking on this icon which can be found in the Quick Reply or Reply to Thread template. This is how how the Ojisan-tachi do it.
or
The macho way: By writing those l33t vB codes as shown in the following...

Spoiler Tag Example
[spoiler=title, i.e. your reason for the spoiler tag]Don't forget to use a title for the spoiler![/spoiler]
...becomes...
Spoiler for title:
Old 2007-05-02, 12:23   Link #2
diopter

I'll just post what I said in the general discussion here to get the ball going .

This episode was awesome. Seen the manga already, but the animation + VAs + music really made the viewing that much better. I especially love

Spoiler:

The peaceful music played during the aforementioned scene was so beautiful. It gave such a serene yet melancholic feeling. This episode is great because it gives such a good contrast to all the blood and gore in the previous episodes.

And hurrah to have our own sub-forums now. This makes Teresa smile (faintly).
Old 2007-05-02, 12:36   Link #3
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

I really wasn't sure how Tereasa's va would work out since she did Ed in FMA. But while she sound different form what i imagine Tereasa's voice would be like. it did fit Tereasa very well.

Spoiler for Characters not yet introduced:

Last edited by Skyfall; 2007-05-03 at 09:41. Reason: Added spoiler tags
Old 2007-05-02, 12:39   Link #4
Seska

Nana.... it is not to much ahead? Spoiler tags?

Well, just now. The Anime viewers see only a blink of Teresa. And they are not sure if it's a flashback or present arc now. You come now with names, that they don't know and other "secrets" that lies in the future...

With no hard feelings
Old 2007-05-02, 12:44   Link #5
Kaka
罪人クロノ

finished watching ep 5 last night.......
and I hadn't read any manga before I finished watching, and.....
Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-02, 13:28   Link #6
dutchman
Follower of Claymorerism

Just finished downloading and watched Eclipse version of claymore.

And I must admit how did I ever dared to have reservations about the Voice Actress for Teresa. I guess her voice needs to grow on you. But they definitely made the right choice.

I guess watching the raw in the morning when you are only half-awake isn't always the best move
Old 2007-05-02, 14:44   Link #7
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seska View Post
And they are not sure if it's a flashback or present arc now
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-05-02, 14:49   Link #8
Claymore_Obsessed

Teresa's voice was just as I imagined while reading the manga ^^

I guess everyone of us is now thinking,
Spoiler for bandits scene:
Old 2007-05-02, 14:49   Link #9
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Spoiler:

I had the same problem when i was reading the manga. At first i thought the story had switch focus to a different character. It wasn't till Tereasa gave Claire her name i that i figure it out
Old 2007-05-02, 15:13   Link #10
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore_Obsessed View Post
Teresa's voice was just as I imagined while reading the manga ^^

I guess everyone of us is now thinking,
Spoiler for bandits scene:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-02, 15:15   Link #11
Seska

Big scares and other things, or they don't have a skin....
Old 2007-05-02, 15:40   Link #12
Claymore_Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seska View Post
Big scares and other things, or they don't have a skin....
Yes, I think the "they don't have a skin" could be a particulary disturbing one...

I had thought about scars, but... I got the feeling it's really something major there...
Old 2007-05-02, 15:43   Link #13
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

I remember someone in some thread or other complaining that Theresa in the anime version didn't have a sense of humor, yet she sure sounded mischevious to me all through this episode, with the Villagers, then grossing out the bandits...
Old 2007-05-02, 15:44   Link #14
zato_1one

Wow! At last Claymore has its own section now.

This episode was a truly start of a legend. Production team even re-draw some scenes in OP/ED. That was a good sign.

Teresa is really cool. Love her both in anime and manga.
Old 2007-05-02, 18:02   Link #15
Wosho128
I like tinkering on stuff

Alright, I don't care to say this: I almost cried. I rarely cry but this episode is simply sad. The villagers treated Clare like complete and utter crap. No one wanted to bathe her or treat her simply because she had associated with a Yoma. The villagers are cowards. After they find out that she's not a Yoma, they still refuse to help her.

RAWR!

Well, this episode touched my emotions at least. Teresa is amazing and no words can express the superb characterization she has. Plus, Paku Romi is her voice; you can't go wrong with that! Clare was cute when she was eating the apple and even cuter when she tried uttering her name.

I give this episode a 9/10.
Old 2007-05-02, 19:19   Link #16
Anime Online

That was a pretty huge apple Clare was eating. And speaking of food, Teresa must be really skilled to catch a hare (at least, I think that's a hare). Hares do not burrow into the ground like rabbits do and spend all their life running about, so they run really fast. However, because of all that running, their meat is pretty tough to eat if you don't hang it for a day or so first. Then again, this is an anime and I'm sure hungry Clare wouldn't mind one bit.

Teresa brings breakfast.

A young hare.

Teresa and Clare appeared together in the OP, so I thought Episode#05 is set in the same timeline as Episode#01-04 Clare. Perhaps Claymores do not age like humans do. Regardless, I thought adult Clare moves fast enough, but Teresa bloody teleports around.
Old 2007-05-02, 19:44   Link #17
Child_of_Sierra

I'm even more amazed that the hare was caught whole, unlike the desert lizard clare caught in episode 2. Maybe she sets traps?

Well this episode is much more interesting not only because of what people expect in this arc but because the claymore in focus is less "stoic" than Clare of the previous episodes. Action scenes were okay but I hope they save their budget for the more (hopefully) fluid fights in the near future. For now the shows main strenght is the nice still backgrounds and surrounding that show the world.
Old 2007-05-02, 20:05   Link #18
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Damn, wonder if Clare was forced to become a Claymore or if she chose. And it really looks like it sucks. Seems like they go through torture to become half, then after that they become hated and feared by all. Live a short life of nothing but fights and hate, then when they feel they can no longer control the Yoma, have to have another Claymore kill them while the human still has control. Truly is tragic.
Old 2007-05-02, 20:06   Link #19
Crystal_Method
I want dreads...
*Artist

I wonder what the bandits see to disgust them that much. Anyway, good freaking episode. I love little Clare.
Old 2007-05-02, 20:11   Link #20
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

FINALLY..our prayers have been accepted...finally, a thread for Claymore..I guess it had to be with this Arc and couldnt have come at a better time. Excellent adaptation by MADHOUSE. Teresa turns out to be exactly the way i imagined her to be and the whole episode was made really well. From here on I can give a sigh of relief and be pretty sure..that this series will do very well since i think MADHOUSE will do the right justice to this Arc
Closed Thread